Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... (1868 Views)

Help: Need To Merge My Unallocated Harddisk Space Back / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only / USB Ports On HP Laptop Not Detected After WinXP Reinstallation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by Raypawer(m): 10:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
pls hlp, my system is not booting up again... When i power it up, it will show a blank screen, then it will show a windows blue screen as if ti wants to show the logon screen, but ti will not show any logon screen... I troubleshoot d systm nd realised that the hard drive is not detected by the system...
I even tried 2 du restore, windows repair, and even format the harddisk but all to no avail...

Pls help, i dont just want to trow away or change the harddisk like that because of my inportant files, software and lincences that i just got after backup....

Pls: how can i recover my files and software&lincences from this harddisk that is not detected by my system...

Its HP655
Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by weezii(m): 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
what exactly is the response you get on your screen.
Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by Raypawer(m): 12:17am On Oct 28, 2013
just blank screen when i put it on, after some mins, it will show the normal windows 7 blue screen as if it wants to show the logon screen but it will never show it...
Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by ghettodreamz(m): 1:13am On Oct 28, 2013
Most likely your HDD is bad. Maybe you can search online if there is any software to recover your files but I don't think that would be easy if at all possible considering the fact that your PC won't boot up, very hard for your RAM to load your OS from the HDD as things are. Hence, make things difficult for you to recover legacy files and your licensed software apps.

Try google search it, you might be lucky.
Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by ghettodreamz(m): 1:18am On Oct 28, 2013
On the other hand, what logical reason do you think could have caused this? Did you download any software most recently from the Internet to your PC?
Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by Djtm(m): 1:52am On Oct 28, 2013
Enter setup once you switch on your pc and select hard disk as primary boot device. if it doesn't work open up the system, check if the ram is in place, remove it and clean it, re-insert it and switch your system on again. if it doesn't work, remove your hard disk and try it on another system. You might not be able to do all this tho. It's better you give a professional
Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by Raypawer(m): 5:41am On Oct 28, 2013
ghettodreamz: Most likely your HDD is bad. Maybe you can search online if there is any software to recover your files but I don't think that would be easy if at all possible considering the fact that your PC won't boot up, very hard for your RAM to load your OS from the HDD as things are. Hence, make things difficult for you to recover legacy files and your licensed software apps.

Try google search it, you might be lucky.

if only i can detatce the harddisk, i can recorver all my files, i have softwares i hve been using before the crash (Recuva)

ghettodreamz: On the other hand, what logical reason do you think could have caused this? Did you download any software most recently from the Internet to your PC?

hm, broz, i just installed kaspasky, with lincence for 10 users, w3schools ofline website and host of other softwares too numerous to mention, i mean i download inportant stuffs every day.....
Nd this is not d first, 2nd bt its d 3rd system am using, so i dont think its software download. its just so unfortunate it happened when i just had him alone, now him wan fall ma hand...

Djtm: Enter setup once you switch on your pc and select hard disk as primary boot device. if it doesn't work open up the system, check if the ram is in place, remove it and clean it, re-insert it and switch your system on again. if it doesn't work, remove your hard disk and try it on another system. You might not be able to do all this tho. It's better you give a professional

i already entered setup, bt am yet to open the system... Thanks, i'll try

right now the system is on and these are the pictures of what it is showing......

Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by Raypawer(m): 5:49am On Oct 28, 2013
pics

Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by ghettodreamz(m): 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
Bro, chances are that ur HDD is damaged which might have been as a result of some problems, such as bad sector or installation of virus-infected software(s). As it is, your OS won't load and I doubt if there is anyway you could recover your files without you being able to load your OS.

I asked about your most recent installed files or software(s) because sometimes we install some softwares that corrupt our system files and as a result we are left with a corrupt OS or damaged HDD. I am not so sure if it is problem with your HDD, maybe you should get a USB to IDE/SATA adapter to connect your laptop to another PC that way you can easily access your drive content through the help of the other PC, but you must make sure your HDD is detected on the other PC and chosen as its secondary drive before this can actually work (You can refer to the second PC's BIOS settings).

We can't be so sure if the problem is your HDD or something else. Have you tried OS recovery? You can get a Wins installation CD and try to recover your OS through the CD, don't format your drive and don't reload the OS, just try the recovery option using the installation CD or you can also do this with a USB installation drive too, depending on whatever you have at your finger tips.

In addition you can try removing the HDD itself and follow tips given by Djtm, but I haven't done such before personally, so I really can't say much about it. Of course, Recuva is a good file recovery software, but without your OS loading and your PC detecting your HDD, I don't think you can achieve anything with the RECUVA. Is the Kasperky you recently installed a paid version (you paid for) by yourself? Or one of those paid for anti-virus you downloaded from the internet forums or some sites? Some of those free (paid/licensed) anti virus corrupt the OS system files and damaged the HDD sometimes. I have been a victim of Avast licensed anti virus I downloaded from the net before, although it worked for few hours but the end result wasn't palatable and I was left with a damaged HDD, corrupted OS and loss of old files and important data.

If after doing all these, you still can't get your way around it, I'll suggest you consult someone more techie than you are or an expert in hardware technician who is good with data recovery from the HDD.

All the best bro.

PS: The uploaded pics aren't displaying.
Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by Raypawer(m): 8:13am On Oct 29, 2013
ghettodreamz: Bro, chances are that ur HDD is damaged which might have been as a result of some problems, such as bad sector or installation of virus-infected software(s). As it is, your OS won't load and I doubt if there is anyway you could recover your files without you being able to load your OS.

I asked about your most recent installed files or software(s) because sometimes we install some softwares that corrupt our system files and as a result we are left with a corrupt OS or damaged HDD. I am not so sure if it is problem with your HDD, maybe you should get a USB to IDE/SATA adapter to connect your laptop to another PC that way you can easily access your drive content through the help of the other PC, but you must make sure your HDD is detected on the other PC and chosen as its secondary drive before this can actually work (You can refer to the second PC's BIOS settings).

We can't be so sure if the problem is your HDD or something else. Have you tried OS recovery? You can get a Wins installation CD and try to recover your OS through the CD, don't format your drive and don't reload the OS, just try the recovery option using the installation CD or you can also do this with a USB installation drive too, depending on whatever you have at your finger tips.

In addition you can try removing the HDD itself and follow tips given by Djtm, but I haven't done such before personally, so I really can't say much about it. Of course, Recuva is a good file recovery software, but without your OS loading and your PC detecting your HDD, I don't think you can achieve anything with the RECUVA. Is the Kasperky you recently installed a paid version (you paid for) by yourself? Or one of those paid for anti-virus you downloaded from the internet forums or some sites? Some of those free (paid/licensed) anti virus corrupt the OS system files and damaged the HDD sometimes. I have been a victim of Avast licensed anti virus I downloaded from the net before, although it worked for few hours but the end result wasn't palatable and I was left with a damaged HDD, corrupted OS and loss of old files and important data.

If after doing all these, you still can't get your way around it, I'll suggest you consult someone more techie than you are or an expert in hardware technician who is good with data recovery from the HDD.

All the best bro.

PS: The uploaded pics aren't displaying.

i did just that, yesterday, the harddrive was seen but was'nt opening...
It was asking me to format it...
Still contemplating if am to format and start a new life with my beloved laptop or if there is any other alternative.... Bt am just surfin google to check 4 alternative, though most of wat am seing is d usb stuff
Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by ciphoenix: 9:22am On Oct 29, 2013
it only shows the hard drive is failing. it's a process, maybe with time it would stop getting you to the blue screen at all. use a recovery tool to get your files back before our gets worse
Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by Wisepac: 6:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
i thinks maybe u shud format ur hdd and use recuva to recover your files coz ur o.s have been damaged by bad cluster
Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by face9jajobs(m): 6:45am On Nov 04, 2013
look for external hard drive casing and connect a working laptop if its detected copy all a files seen if not detected i dnt think ur files could be recovered
Re: My Harddisk Is Not Detected Again, Windows Not Booting Up Pls Hlp..... by MrSunesis(m): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2015
Raypawer:

i did just that, yesterday, the harddrive was seen but was'nt opening...
It was asking me to format it...
Still contemplating if am to format and start a new life with my beloved laptop or if there is any other alternative.... Bt am just surfin google to check 4 alternative, though most of wat am seing is d usb stuff

I have similar issues...and I have done all I can as well. Does anyone know some really good guys who can help retrieve my files?

(1) (Reply)

*ALL SOLD OUT* Brand New Dell Inspiron 15 For Sale / Fyi: Virus Alert! / What's your opinion on Toshiba Laptops, are they really the best laptops?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.