Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments (17122 Views)

FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout / Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release / Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Rossikk(m): 11:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
You and lie, na siamese twins una be. When will you learn to tell the truth and shame the devil.

Can you post a copy of your email inbox, plus ''junkmail'' box, let us see where 99% of the scams are from?

Do you have the balls to do this, Mr 'I hate myself'?

3 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by pappilo(m): 11:59pm On Oct 29, 2013
LoL at Empired Newswire and The Punch. I'll wait until C-Span confirm this or at worst Sahara Reporters
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 30, 2013
#TeamRossikk cool

You're absolutely right. And of course it's not just via email. Craigslist.org is scam haven, although they try to keep the site clean and friendly. I know someone, personally, who was scammed out of $3000 from an alleged woman who was selling her Honda because she won it from her divorce settlement and had no need for it. Scamming is a global phenomenon, and Americans are some of the best.

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 30, 2013
Sermwell: you better go and chair that meeting oo!

He forgot to make you the special guest of honor!

Lmao abeg.
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Proffdada: 12:09am On Oct 30, 2013
Apology not accepted till he adopts a Nigerian :me grin

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Afam4eva(m): 12:16am On Oct 30, 2013
Rossikk:

Can you post a copy of our email inbox, plus ''junkmail'' box, let us see where 99% of the scams are from?

Do you have the balls to do this, Mr 'I hate myself'?
You obviously don't know the difference between spam and scam. There's a difference between someone sending a mail like "How to make $1 million dollars in 7 days" and someone just telling lies in order to scam you of your money without giving you any value. The former is just a marketing gimmick used by marketers to make their product look out of this world and they actually give you some value though not in the astronomical proportions eschewed in their mail. The latter is just a mail whereby people present themselves as something they're not and thereby dupe unsuspecting victims. Most of such mails are mostly and i repeat, mostly sent by Nigerians hence the reason it's called "Nigerian Email scam'.
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 30, 2013
Thundey fire ur yanch!
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Hourglass4real: 12:32am On Oct 30, 2013
maxi-t:
This NairaLand is just a stuupid place.
I said, he should NOT apologize cos truly nigerians are scammers and the idioot MOD whoever he/she is had to hide my comment?

U can hide this one again, but my guys the truth be say, 98% of fradulent emails emanate from Nigerians. So why the hell shouldn't some1 say Nigerian 419 emails?
Seun, u know computers. I am beginning to suspect you. Cos u and the morons u chosed as MODS defend these boiz too much.

Up Chelsea.
You know?I seriously don't understand what part of this issue you do not 'understand'. If per chance a mother gave birth to an slowpoke,does that mean she will feel its ok for others to call that child stupid or make found of him in public? A family that unfortunately has a lunatic as a son, will they not be offended if an outsider made joke about madness being in their linage? Just because u believe there are scammers does not give that man any right to crack joke about an entire country. Every hardworking nigerian has every right to feel offended by that remark!

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by loswhite(m): 1:06am On Oct 30, 2013
Deiok: Could it be they are now afraid of nigeria.
could it be that your thinking is in slow motion
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by kabba7(m): 1:17am On Oct 30, 2013
gboss4sure: Is time anyone that insux to supply uits us gets to pay for it.

Was the senator lying .. yes or no . No long story.
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Rossikk(m): 2:41am On Oct 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
You obviously don't know the difference between spam and scam. There's a difference between someone sending a mail like "How to make $1 million dollars in 7 days" and someone just telling lies in order to scam you of your money without giving you any value. The former is just a marketing gimmick used by marketers to make their product look out of this world and they actually give you some value though not in the astronomical proportions eschewed in their mail. The latter is just a mail whereby people present themselves as something they're not and thereby dupe unsuspecting victims. Most of such mails are mostly and i repeat, mostly sent by Nigerians hence the reason it's called "Nigerian Email scam'.

Excuse me while I FART to your ''explanatory excuses'' for US scams.

GET THIS INTO YOUR SKULL MR MAN. A SCAM IS A FCKING SCAM, however you want to twist it, turn it, and explain it in your usual double standards ''oyibo is my god'' crapsticks.

OBTAINING BY FALSE PRETENCES INCLUDES promising people instant riches and millions for signing up to your get-rich quick SCAM ''business opportunity'' ebook or dodgy MLM programme. Someone mentioned Craiglist. What about Clickbank? The sheer number of scams on that site is mind boggling. And then you claim it is ''only marketing''. Well, the Naija version is ''only psychological research''.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Afam4eva(m): 3:02am On Oct 30, 2013
Rossikk:

Excuse me while I FART to your ''explanatory excuses'' for US scams.

GET THIS INTO YOUR SKULL MR MAN. A SCAM IS A FCKING SCAM, however you want to twist it, turn it, and explain it in your usual double standards ''oyibo is my god'' crapsticks.

OBTAINING BY FALSE PRETENCES INCLUDES promising people instant riches and millions for signing up to your get-rich quick SCAM ''business opportunity'' ebook or dodgy MLM programme. Someone mentioned Craiglist. What about Clickbank? The sheer number of scams on that site is mind boggling. And then you claim it is ''only marketing''. Well, the Naija version is ''only psychological research''.

It's obvious you've not been paying attention. Nobody is saying those MLM programmes may not be scam due to the fact that they usually don;t tell the whole story. But the scam been referred to here is an outright scam where someone tells you that he's a Nigerian Prince and he dupes you off your money. I also find it rather uneducated for you to be listing craiglist scam when what the Senator was referring to was "Email Scams". get your head out of your azz.
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 30, 2013
ighoosagie: Nobody should quote me pls

tongueNigerians should thank sen Cruz , becos a true friend is d one dat will tell u dat u ve a mouth odor.
For example I. See seun's wife with big stomach and I told mukina that I seun's wife is pregnant, seun becomes aggravated for telling on his wife. To me it mks no sense.

Instead of our leaders to tk dis embarrassing act as a challenge or challenges and as means to empower d youths, they rather compelling sen Cruz to Mk an apologia, Wat good would cruz's apologies mak ?

Would dat redeem our image frm ridicules dat our so called leaders ve created an avenue 4?
They ve made the youths very idle, and the idle man's mind is d okija juju workshop

I'm so ashamed on d manner wich I receive spams from nija boys on daily basis, with dumb repeated techniques

It's so sad that we Nigerians forget things easily, becos of dis saga, we forgot mata dat Matas most. Wat a shame on Nigerian youths who signed for cruz's apologia.instead of revolting against our leaders who ve brought shame and wasted d efforts of our heroes past.

This is a clear picture that d reason nija was removed frm d lottery list was becos of our fraudulent act and not d excuses we read.

on behalf of all sane nijans I use dis opportunity to say thank u sen Cruz for d reminder

You've got a point bro. . . cos' if the wall weren't cracked, the lizard wouldn't be in it.
The Nigerian Government has been diabolically useless, especially towards the youth!

It's their fault all this rubbish is happening. Try getting a job in Nigeria without connection and you'll know why there are so many scammers. . . it's such a pity! sad
And to think that those bastards in Government really had it easy during their days makes me wonder the degree of their cold-heartedness! Those bastards!
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by whitecat007: 4:01am On Oct 30, 2013
Kudos to the Ambassador and CANAN for staying on top of it and not letting it slip away.

Keep holding his feet to fire till he tenders real apology

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by nairacodedcom(m): 4:17am On Oct 30, 2013
What the senator say was wrong. There are scammers everywhere, its just that the proportion from Nigeria is high. I was recently browsing through PayPal forum, there were a lot of Topics/Threads talking about Nigeria scams and victims were sharing experience, and it was really bad. But that's just the few bad eggs, the vast MAJORITY of us Nigerians are hard working and sincere. I have paid people in NL here even without meeting them in person for services and they delivered, so the Dude should apologize.

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 30, 2013
Rossikk:

This is a verifiable LIE which every one of us can go in their email box right now and check. In MY email box, 99% of the scams are from AMERICANS. All sorts of get-rich quick scams, from ''lottery winnings'' to ''How I made $20 million in two days and how you can follow my footseps.'' You click on the link to his page, and he's got ''bank statements'' posted there to prove he's saying the truth! Thousands of people will pay this guy money for his ''secret'', which will of course, turn out to be a total sham.

And this is all done OPENLY online, with NO REPERCUSSIONS to these thieves. Then they focus on the 1 out of 100 letters supposedly ''from Nigeria''.

Idiotts.

so you're expecting to see a "from Nigeria" scam before you conclude its one, moar Nigerian scams use other countries and names for your info
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 30, 2013
Rossikk:

This is a verifiable LIE which every one of us can go in their email box right now and check. In MY email box, 99% of the scams are from AMERICANS. All sorts of get-rich quick scams, from ''lottery winnings'' to ''How I made $20 million in two days and how you can follow my footseps.'' You click on the link to his page, and he's got ''bank statements'' posted there to prove he's saying the truth! Thousands of people will pay this guy money for his ''secret'', which will of course, turn out to be a total sham.

And this is all done OPENLY online, with NO REPERCUSSIONS to these thieves. Then they focus on the 1 out of 100 letters supposedly ''from Nigeria''.

Idiotts.

so you're expecting to see a "from Nigeria" scam before you conclude its one, most Nigerian scams use other countries and names for your info
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Proffdada: 6:05am On Oct 30, 2013
ScAms originated from USA,we just perfected it,now they are jealous

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by momexcellency: 6:14am On Oct 30, 2013
Is America better than Nigeria? To you reading this, you may say yes. To me, NO. They don't feed me or clothe me. I can't work as a second class citizen in another man's land and be treated as a pack of shit. No matter the insults of the Americans, Criminals are allover. The whites thought the blacks how to be dubiou. Nigerians are not good but they can't do without us.
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by chessguru1(m): 6:23am On Oct 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's obvious you've not been paying attention. Nobody is saying those MLM programmes may not be scam due to the fact that they usually don;t tell the whole story. But the scam been referred to here is an outright scam where someone tells you that he's a Nigerian Prince and he dupes you off your money. I also find it rather uneducated for you to be listing craiglist scam when what the Senator was referring to was "Email Scams". get your head out of your azz.
Afam abeg relax. When I see you analyze fallaciously like this, I feel disappointed.
So let me get your opinion (of which you are soo free to have any you wish), you actually believe that the senator was right in the way he undiplomatically voiced his comment?
So the italians and the russians have a bad rep for being mafians. So do you thing it makes any iota of sense for a government person in the US to go up and make a disgusting joke about gangsterisim by mention the name "Italy" or "russia" in his sick joke.
For someone in such an important position to commit the most irritating and basic fallacy (fallacy of generalization) is surprising.
Its J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ like GEJ or senator mark giving his view on gun control, and then goes on to make a useless joke implying how americans are serial killers (based on the fact 8,583 deaths were
caused by firearms alone in 2011).
No nation has all positives. Take germany for example. You can either decide to respect the country for their culture of hard work, precision, discipline, and consistency, or hate them for starting the 2nd world war and their racism.
its J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ that most nigerians have no national identity. Its the reason why we can come online and talk nonsense about ourselves all in the name of being "REAL".

Bullshi*t!

No matter how bad your father is inside your home, will anyone in this forum sit back and fold his hands while some outside insults their father?
Or will you even join them and splash insult on your family after all, you are being "REAL"
It always amazes me why peeps on NL would pronounce war on ghanaians peeps who only echo your very own comments on nigeria. Its really amusing that you have a jolly good day bashing your country in "PUBLIC", but start vexing when others join you in bashing your country. Its like standing in a cyber market. And saying all day that "we are stupid! We are thieves", then start throwing tantrums when others in that same online community start calling you stupid or a thief.

Am not saying we don't have problems, and am not against us facing it "in-house" but celebrating other nations insult of OUR country all in the name of realism.... that's more than sad, its pathetic

3 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Raxxye(m): 6:38am On Oct 30, 2013
dirtymoney: He has even insulted Nigerians again........... So we cant diffrentiate between a joke and an insult? That dude must be high on a combination of tramadol, diazapan, emzloyn, totolyn, rocheez, priton and cannibis...

This combination must be phenomenal...I'm so curious. Can u help a brother out? I just need a single puff!
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 30, 2013
When he said "Nigerian email scammers" was he actually lying or telling the truth??

Nobody can be blamed for Nigeria's reputation overseas apart from ourselves...we allow this corrupt system to florish..

Until we are ready to change the system, pls dnt complain or ask for Apologies...you are just being hypocritical...
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Itsalphaa(m): 7:02am On Oct 30, 2013
apologise for telling the truth, coz that truth hurts
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Carsonv(m): 8:15am On Oct 30, 2013
2legit2qwt: I receive the damn scam emails all the time from the Nigerian 419s, it ain't like we ain't guilty. We are known for online scams same way Italians are known for being mafians.

Why can't this Nigerian American group channel the same energy towards making Nigerian government/people perform rather than trying to cover up an already tarnished image. We created the reputation and we are the only one to make it right, not Mr Ted Cruz..Misplaced priorities again undecided

And how sure are you that the mails originated from a Nigerian? Yes! Some Nigerians have created the reputation of internet scammers...but not all internet scam is perpetrated by a Nigerian.

It's simple logic!

So profiling (all) internet scammers as Nigerians is wrong and deserve an apology.

You should listen to Chimamanda's TED Talk. She explains properly the impact of such statement especially coming from someone like Ted Cruz.

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by gratieao: 8:15am On Oct 30, 2013
Nigeria will never grow if we continue hidden criminals in our locality.
checkout of my signature and tell me why this news never hit front page since three days.
Tribal MODs repent and except Christ
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Yusphull(m): 8:19am On Oct 30, 2013
maxi-t:
This NairaLand is just a stuupid place.
I said, he should NOT apologize cos truly nigerians are scammers and the idioot MOD whoever he/she is had to hide my comment?

U can hide this one again, but my guys the truth be say, 98% of fradulent emails emanate from Nigerians. So why the hell shouldn't some1 say Nigerian 419 emails?
Seun, u know computers. I am beginning to suspect you. Cos u and the morons u chosed as MODS defend these boiz too much.

Up Chelsea.

ighoosagie: Nigerians should thank sen Cruz , becos a
true friend is d one dat will tell u dat u ve a
mouth odor.
For example I. See seun's wife with big stomach
and I told mukina that I seun's wife is pregnant,
seun becomes aggravated for telling on his
wife. To me it mks no sense.
Instead of our leaders to tk dis embarrassing
act as a challenge or challenges and as means
to empower d youths, they rather compelling
sen Cruz to Mk an apologia, Wat good would
cruz's apologies mak ?
Would dat redeem our image frm ridicules dat
our so called leaders ve created an avenue 4?
They ve made the youths very idle, and the
idle man's mind is d okija juju workshop
I'm so ashamed on d manner wich I receive
spams from nija boys on daily basis, with dumb
repeated techniques
It's so sad that we Nigerians forget things
easily, becos of dis saga, we forgot mata dat
Matas most. Wat a shame on Nigerian
youths who signed for cruz's
apologia .instead of revolting against our
leaders who ve brought shame and wasted d
efforts of our heroes past.
This is a clear picture that d reason nija was
removed frm d lottery list was becos of our
fraudulent act and not d excuses we read.
on behalf of all sane nijans I use dis
opportunity to say thank u sen Cruz for d
reminder.

When I see comment like from a fellow countrymen it sadden my heart coz "No one can make you inferior without your CONSENT".. One stupid man is tarnishing the image of your father land on a National TV and you are here supporting him....smh some people needs to grow up..

Its a known fact that we have scammers in this country but the question are they only in Nigeria
Is he in the right position to make such "jokes", "comments", "remarks" about any country on a National TV

My advice to you guys " if you don't have any reasonable comments to chip-in its better you shut ur GUTTER.....

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by saved: 8:25am On Oct 30, 2013
Rexphobia: What's the purpose of the meeting? Just apologise and move on jor
:-- Senator Ted knows the next election is important & his candidacy is at stake. Before you know it, African-Americans will term him a racist & vote massively against him.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 30, 2013
Any Nigerian who comes here to claim Nigerians are not Internet scammers is a hypocrite of the highest order.

As if Yahoo Yahoo was not the biggest industry on University Campuses.

As if Maga don pay and Yahoozee did not top the music charts.

As if most of us don't know at least one Yahoo boy.

As if Cybercafes were not known to be scam factories.

Some of you people perform some serious mental gymnastics to hide the truth from yourselves!

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by liyalla(m): 8:27am On Oct 30, 2013
Maybe he was never taught that "those who live in glass houses don't throw stones".see what joke against Obama is costing U.

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by chessguru1(m): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2013
great1: When he said "Nigerian email scammers" was he actually lying or telling the truth??

Nobody can be blamed for Nigeria's reputation overseas apart from ourselves...we allow this corrupt system to florish..

Until we are ready to change the system, pls dnt complain or ask for Apologies...you are just being hypocritical...
What truth?? Is it in his place to tell this so called truth??
Well news flash bro, america and so many other western countries have so many "TRUTHS" like their yeye government shut down, their spying on allies since 2003, the drowning of the US dollar, gun control and increasing tendency of the average american towards serial killing, serial molestation of female officers in the US armforces, etc and etc. how many nigerian senators do you see making jokes about it..that's becos of respect! Or is it becos they average american does not enjoy hang his dirty laundry in public like we enjoy doing here? They have problems too...but instead of coming online to bash their country, they put heads together and tender solutions irrespective of whether they are in government or not. All I see here are people who complain more than the children of isreal in the bible. Take an example of lagos state. Most peeps would like to believe that tinubu started LASTMA. WRONG! The lastma your seeing today in lag that is helping lagos with the traffic situation was a proposition from an "unemployed" ex FRSC man (who later became the 1st MD of lastma). My point is there was a problem, instead of complaining f0oolishly behind a wheel, someone proposed an idea...and lagos is better for it.
Furthermore, We complain of yahoo boys, but we all know (in one way or the other) these boys. We celebrate with them when they throw parties without asking where their money comes from or reporting our suspicions to authorities.

Bottomline

America needs to RESPECT other countries no matter how small or big. Your senator friend running his mouth as if america is a universe on its own must understand that the world is a global village..even the very second he mentions the name "nigeria" he started referring 160 million human beings (not to talk about those living in the US), majority of which don't even Have access to a bloody computer!!

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by drnoel: 8:37am On Oct 30, 2013
He should go 2 hell abeg. This one is crying over spilt milk.
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by forumcitizens: 8:42am On Oct 30, 2013
Good development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Okays Supplementary Elections In Adamawa / Dapo Abiodun In Dilemma Over Political Appointments / Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.