Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria (24176 Views)

Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son / Alone (2015) Opening Day Box Office Business Report / Rihanna And Beyonce For MTN Project Fame Opening Gala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2013
What's bloomberg? Is it Naija version of Nickelodeon..I bought a GoTV Decoder today, hope i wn't find that on the Channel list
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by obinoral(m): 10:42pm On Oct 28, 2013
BREAKING NEWS! BLOOMBERG TV ANNOCES THE END OF ASUU STRIKE.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by icefish(m): 10:42pm On Oct 28, 2013
Biko how e take give me work to do??

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by faradexs09(m): 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2013
9ja is also being ably represented
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by kabba7(m): 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2013
biafranqueen: she should focus on running for President of Nigeria

President of which country ? Nigeria I hope not I swear she can never . Not with her commission on the debt magomago during obj and the mindbugling looting going on . It's just not possible except if biafra is the place being planned for surely not Nigeria.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by everyday: 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2013
This is a very good development
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 11:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
Promhize:

Ode, so na NOI go leave her work go dey direct NTA. U mumu no be small. I'd rather they close that thing if not for the employees that would be out of work.

The topic is about TV in Nigeria. And I CLEARLY put the blame on the entire FEC which should be concerned at the shoddy output from NTA. In short, my previous comments are apt.

It's your fault you cannot read or comprehend written English.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2013
JMOI: [size=18pt]GEJ is working. Everybody now wants to partner with Nigeria. That's why I always say GEJ till 2019. This fresh air dey sweet me for body.[/size]

Animal in human skin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by mike404(m): 11:11pm On Oct 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Animal in human skin
AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT FELA. CALLED YOUR POLITICAL MENTOR [BOKO HARI]
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by taharqa: 11:15pm On Oct 28, 2013
Eze Promoe: A good development for Nigeria.
Bloomberg will set the pace for other International TV stations, because it seem like all these TV stations have chosen South Africa as their media hub in Africa.
E.g CNN, Vox, MTV, TRACE, Telemundo etc.
It's high time they came to recognize the fact that Nigeria is more African than than the pseudo-white Mzansi populace.

Exactly!!!

Many more of these International Companies are beginning to make Nigeria their African Hub, in stead of South Africa and even Kenya, as was usually the case. A case in point is GE.

Says a lot.....
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Ajibel(m): 11:16pm On Oct 28, 2013
What about BusinessTv on startimes
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2013
Laughable! Does she have a choice?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2013
I am highly in support of the Bloomberg TV operating in Nigeria.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 11:19pm On Oct 28, 2013
texazzpete: Okonjo Iweala should go and sit down. She's on the FEC...what has she - along with her cohorts - been doing to ensure that NTA gets the drastic overhaul it sorely needs?

It's 2013 and the 'Giant of Africa' cannot even broadcast in HD. Nearly all live events covered by NTA have abysmal audio and video quality. Such an utter disgrace.

YOU are the disgrace and the fool, for not checking up on things before typing gibberish.

Over the last 5 years, Nigeria has been constructing the infrastructure, laying cables nationwide, in a national programme of broadcast digitization, to replace the current analogue transmission. Once completed in a year or so, all NTA and local stations will provide fully digital services as obtains in the advanced world, eliminating all technical glitches in output quality.

http://www.cba.org.uk/latest/millions-in-nigeria-need-set-top-boxes-before-digital-switch/

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by seedorfg(m): 11:21pm On Oct 28, 2013
grin eleyi giri kghan
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by fckyourman: 11:22pm On Oct 28, 2013
[size=13pt]Will it bring food for the poor man or will it reduce poverty.

If not go back to america we don't want you.
[/size]
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by mistae(m): 11:23pm On Oct 28, 2013
I hope they are not here to exploit our resources and carry am go develop their land just like every foreign company in Nigeria keep doing..
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
texazzpete:

The topic is about TV in Nigeria. And I CLEARLY put the blame on the entire FEC which should be concerned at the shoddy output from NTA. In short, my previous comments are apt.

It's your fault you cannot read or comprehend written English.

You are talking gibberish, goan sleep.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by PrinceMajesty: 11:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
Interesting
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 11:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
Rossikk:

YOU are the disgrace and the fool, for not checking up on things before typing gibberish.

Over the last 5 years, Nigeria has been constructing the infrastructure, laying cables nationwide, in a national programme of broadcast digitization, to replace the current analogue transmission. Once completed in a year or so, all NTA and local stations will provide fully digital services as obtains in the advanced world, eliminating all technical glitches in output quality.

http://www.cba.org.uk/latest/millions-in-nigeria-need-set-top-boxes-before-digital-switch/

Buhahahahahahaha
This is what happens when they foolishly allow the ignorant lapdog to post.
Listen, you sycophantic ignoramus. There is a difference between switching to a digital platform and. Clear signals. You can still transmit Abysmal production values digitally.
Even in the UK where the digital switchover has been completed, there are still many channels broadcast in SD. Of course even that SD is of far higher quality than what we get from NTA.

So my dear ignoramus, digital crossover has nothing to do with NTA's piss - poor service. They can certainly go improve their output right now without waiting for the switchover which will not happen anytime soon.

Please stick to praising your masters and don't dabble into things you know nothing of, lapdog.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by 14(m): 11:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
Don't Be too excited, they just gonna broadcast 3 and 4 hrs from Nigeria, just like CNBC does, where would You think it will Broadcast other 21hrs from? Read careful before you make fooll of yourself. They mentioned launching from Kenya and from South Africa. It does not mean they Will broadcast 24hrs from Nigeria. If your hopes are too high, you will be dissapointed. I don't see them different from CNBC. It won't be easy for them, advertising is hard to come by, mostly in Africa. Very soon they will close shops and head back to state.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by lastmessenger: 11:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
Promhize: Good one but when they set up their office or HQ in Lagos they will say its ... No offence intended
where else should they set up the HQ if not lagos.remember lagos is a megacity.anybody coming to nigeria to do bizness must think lagos
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by lastmessenger: 11:58pm On Oct 28, 2013
1,2:
Don't Be too excited, they just gonna broadcast 3 and 4 hrs from Nigeria, just like CNBC does, where would You think it will Broadcast other 21hrs from? Read careful before you make fooll of yourself. They mentioned launching from Kenya and from South Africa. It does not mean they Will broadcast 24hrs from Nigeria. If your hopes are too high, you will be dissapointed. I don't see them different from CNBC. It won't be easy for them, advertising is hard to come by, mostly in Africa. Very soon they will close shops and head back to state.
Am very sorry to say this but something must be wrong with your thinking pattern.who told u advertising is hard to come by in Nigeria?with Mtn and glo everywhere?guy think different and by the way with time they gonna broadcast 2 4 7.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Prodigee: 12:06am On Oct 29, 2013
Nice one!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Prodigee: 12:17am On Oct 29, 2013
texazzpete: Okonjo Iweala should go and sit down. She's on the FEC...what has she - along with her cohorts - been doing to ensure that NTA gets the drastic overhaul it sorely needs?

It's 2013 and the 'Giant of Africa' cannot even broadcast in HD. Nearly all live events covered by NTA have abysmal audio and video quality. Such an utter disgrace.
Got a point there! NTA IMO has not improved much since...they still have a lot to do concerning standard broadcasting quality. And talk of graphics, NTA + most local TV stations suck! They all need to take a cue from the likes of TVC, ONTV, STV & CHANNELS.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Prodigee: 12:27am On Oct 29, 2013
googlepikin: [size=20pt]maybe you've never been slap before.[/size]
Can't you see his/her monicker; he/she is definately not serious!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by danieee(m): 12:40am On Oct 29, 2013
Lilimax: This is a sign of good things to come.
Jobs will be created for the the unemployed ones.

True.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by mobi5592: 12:42am On Oct 29, 2013

Never seen a fuul like this one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Subscribe To Iroko Tv On Your Mobile Phone And Enjoy Data Free Download / BBNaija All Stars: "Mercy Is A Liar And Suffering From Mental Illness" – Doyin / Bbnaija 2018: Miyonse And Kemen Advise Contestants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.