Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria (24175 Views)

Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son / Alone (2015) Opening Day Box Office Business Report / Rihanna And Beyonce For MTN Project Fame Opening Gala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by dheaven: 1:10am On Oct 29, 2013
What is the meaning of bloomberg?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Amasuccess: 1:36am On Oct 29, 2013
texazzpete: Okonjo Iweala should go and sit down. She's on the FEC...what has she - along with her cohorts - been doing to ensure that NTA gets the drastic overhaul it sorely needs?

It's 2013 and the 'Giant of Africa' cannot even broadcast in HD. Nearly all live events covered by NTA have abysmal audio and video quality. Such an utter disgrace.

Kia.! See reasioning . God will help. So Na NOU/Minister of Finance job function to overhaul NTA nationwide? MUMU!!!. You should look for the likes of stella Odua, with vision and purpose, to be in the top of NTA so that what was done at our airports could be replicated in that junk house called NTA nationwide. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by mrperfect(m): 1:43am On Oct 29, 2013
This is welcome development.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by LovesonBlezz(m): 1:52am On Oct 29, 2013
welcome developement as they say....bt hw wud this change the fact that garri is still three cups in Akpan Andem market?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Boss13: 2:54am On Oct 29, 2013
This is a partnership between Optima and bloomberg. Bloomberg didn't just wake up and decided that it was coming to Nigeria. Optima went and sign the agreement with them.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by banky222: 4:41am On Oct 29, 2013
NAIRALAND TV.. .loading
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Richy4(m): 4:52am On Oct 29, 2013
JMOI: [size=18pt]GEJ is working. Everybody now wants to partner with Nigeria. That's why I always say GEJ till 2019. This fresh air dey sweet me for body.[/size]

when I read your comment, what came to my mind was Animal farm "comrade Napoleon is right" you are just acting up the sheep character in animal farm without knowing it

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by 0monnakoda: 5:02am On Oct 29, 2013
What is welcome about it? I don't get Nigerians anymore. We need to develop from within. Nobody will bring good things to you. By the way I have never heard of Bloomberg TV. I hope it is not another way of bringing in the CIA.
Instead of jumping like baboons why not TRY to formulate a few questions about this develop. Who benefits me or the guy next door or next street? Mama Bomboy Maybe?

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Innodon(m): 5:59am On Oct 29, 2013
maybe she owns a portion of stake in d company
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by nerodenero: 6:04am On Oct 29, 2013
I love this statement- 'If you are not in Nigeria,you are not in Africa'.That is highly commendable from the Minister.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by 9jahubcom(m): 6:32am On Oct 29, 2013
Afam4eva: I think this is a welcome development. Anything to get our local TV stations cracking and leaving their medieval ways of running TV.
you are on point
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by benbazus: 6:54am On Oct 29, 2013
Tolexander: This is a nice developement!madam should watch her words cos this may be used against her by the other african countries in the future if she's still nursing the ambition of becoming the world bank president.

Othe African countries opinion does not matter in this regard. Last time she contested for the post, despite the support she got from African countries, which country in particular made her to loose the election (selection).
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 29, 2013
Capnd143: If and only if the likes of Ait and channelsTV will get a clue 4rm them!

They are hardly competitors to AIT and ChannelsTV. They are a Business Channel. It doesn't stop Channels and AIT from being leadrs in general reportage.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 29, 2013
dheaven: What is the meaning of bloomberg?
Michael Bloomberg, the founder, is a billionaire entrepreneur that made fortune from business reporting, initially as an online business portal.

See his account here: http://www.jarushub.com/top-5-tips-for-becoming-a-successful-entrepreneur/

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Deyo2013(f): 7:09am On Oct 29, 2013
Good one! cheesy

But, will they be bringing their IPS? (as in Independent Power Supply?) lipsrsealed
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 7:09am On Oct 29, 2013
mobi5592:
Never seen a fuul like this one

But you have a mirror at home na
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 7:23am On Oct 29, 2013
Am-a-success:

Kia.! See reasioning . God will help. So Na NOU/Minister of Finance job function to overhaul NTA nationwide? MUMU!!!. You should look for the likes of stella Odua, with vision and purpose, to be in the top of NTA so that what was done at our airports could be replicated in that junk house called NTA nationwide. God bless Nigeria

Yeah, that was what you folks said about Dora Akunyili as Minister for Information until her tenure saw ZERO improvement in the likes of NTA.

Oduah's 'achievements' have to be viewed from the prism of drastically increased FG intake from draconian taxes, FAAN airport charges and sundry levies. Even with that, construction work progresses slowly and quality of finished work can be abysmal (just take one look at the Lagos GAT terminal). Add to that her abysmal safety record (approx 200 deaths so far) and it doesn't look as rosy. It doesn't help that a recent Vanguard investigative report indicts the FG's draconian tax regime + high price of aviation fuel as part of the reason why carriers in Nigeria cut corners on safety.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/frightening-revelations-planes-may-keep-dropping-skies/

Don't get me wrong: Corruption issues aside (and she SHOULD get the hammer for this) Oduah has been doing a tolerable job in terms of infrastructure etc. Safety takes priority, though, and she has to take some knocks for that.

Finally, I indicted the entire FEC, not just Okonjo-Iweala. Our national station should be a source of national pride. The FEC approves the funds for such a modernisation drive. Please learn to read carefully before making knee-jerk responses.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Tpumpz(m): 7:29am On Oct 29, 2013
mtchw undecided
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 29, 2013
I can't but wonder why you guyz welcome this development as if they have come to solve any of Nigerians pending problems.

Do you think these guyz are setting up in Nigeria because they want to develop or help Nigeria in any sense?

Why not let's ask "What is in it for them?"

Bloomberg TV is to a large extent,Finance and Business oriented(news).

Nigeria as a country is a centre of attraction for Business venture and Investment opportunity, given the increasing population and some other benefit accrued to investors. Hence, they are here for the sake of the on-coming investors and businesses as well as the already existing ones, to offer them what they know how to do best in xchange for some cash!

There are a lot of regulatory loopholes and inefficiency which allow investors to make some mad and abnormal profit...and so on. Hence they can easily have their way.

And for goodness sake, this is a profit- making enterprise and not a country-development enterprise.

#NewFlash: bloomberg TV is here for money

tongue
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by crown777(m): 8:16am On Oct 29, 2013
I dey laugh.. Where is the electricity?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 29, 2013
Tolexander: This is a nice developement!madam should watch her words cos this may be used against her by the other african countries in the future if she's still nursing the ambition of becoming the world bank president.

So if she is nursing ambition she should not project her country first, I mean she is IGBO and not a coward cool, and beside the best time she should have become the world bank president has passed since we all know its purely political...and again all she said is the only truth, Nigeria is actually African first country to reckon with when u talk of Human and capital resources, forget what the politicians and military has done to our image, the whole world knows that even south Africa no reach
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 29, 2013
crown777: I dey laugh.. Where is the electricity?
Ewu if there is no power improvement in your Area, brother pack out from that Forrest reserve, cos we will soon have constant electricity
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 8:35am On Oct 29, 2013
0monnakoda: What is welcome about it? I don't get Nigerians anymore. We need to develop from within. Nobody will bring good things to you. By the way I have never heard of Bloomberg TV. I hope it is not another way of bringing in the CIA.
Instead of jumping like baboons why not TRY to formulate a few questions about this develop. Who benefits me or the guy next door or next street? Mama Bomboy Maybe?
Lol, Americans have been spying technologically advanced Germany et al... What makes you think they need a decoy TV station to spy us. They've been having a field day spying us from time, bro.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by mariong(m): 8:37am On Oct 29, 2013
A welcomed development. Do we even have any tv station that operates like Bloomberg? I doubt we have any, so, this is one step in the right direction.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by mariong(m): 8:42am On Oct 29, 2013
ceejayluv:
Lol, Americans have been spying technologically advanced Germany et al... What makes you think they need a decoy TV station to spy us. They've been having a field day spying us from time, bro.
Don't mind him. A country that has been monitoring German chancellor's phone now needs a TV station to spy on us.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Zet72(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2013
Capnd143: If and only if the likes of Ait and channelsTV will get a clue 4rm them!
I love ur signature.....
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by Zet72(m): 8:45am On Oct 29, 2013
idupaul:

Believe after her stint with the most corrupt govt in human history she will forget about anything UN
Madness de run for ur lineage?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by debbydominic(f): 8:58am On Oct 29, 2013
Must you insult people to make your point? angry

Rossikk:

YOU are the disgrace and the fool, for not checking up on things before typing gibberish.

Over the last 5 years, Nigeria has been constructing the infrastructure, laying cables nationwide, in a national programme of broadcast digitization, to replace the current analogue transmission. Once completed in a year or so, all NTA and local stations will provide fully digital services as obtains in the advanced world, eliminating all technical glitches in output quality.

http://www.cba.org.uk/latest/millions-in-nigeria-need-set-top-boxes-before-digital-switch/

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by 0monnakoda: 9:05am On Oct 29, 2013
Jarus:
Michael Bloomberg, the founder, is a billionaire entrepreneur that made fortune from business reporting, initially as an online business portal.

See his account here: http://www.jarushub.com/top-5-tips-for-becoming-a-successful-entrepreneur/
How is that useful to us Can we look beyond hype and THINK for once

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija All Stars: Princess Evicted From The Show / Subscribe To Iroko Tv On Your Mobile Phone And Enjoy Data Free Download / BBNaija All Stars: "Mercy Is A Liar And Suffering From Mental Illness" – Doyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.