Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars (12496 Views)

Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 / Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari / Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Jbluv55(m): 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
The controversy trailing the purchase of two BMW armoured cars for the minister of aviation, Ms Stella Oduah, has taken a ridiculous dimension.

The agency at the centre of the controversial purchase of the bulletproof vehicles and the nation’s civil aviation body, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, has denied that it has documents relating to the acquisition of the bulletproof vehicles.

The development came as indications emerged that Oduah may be barred from attending the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meetings until the conclusion of investigations.

Curiously, NCAA’s denial which came after a seven-day ultimatum given to it by a human rights activist, Mr Femi Falana (SAN), to furnish his law firm with information pertaining to the transaction also contradicts its statement before the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation that the procurement of the “operational vehicles” was provided for in the NCAA’s budget.

Falana had last week invoked the provision of the Freedom of Information (FoI) Act when he wrote the NCAA director-general, Mr Fola Akinkuotu, demanding the documents, including those of budgetary approval and due process for the whole transaction as well as all the papers of past acquisition of such armoured cars by the aviation ministry or the NCAA as claimed by Akinkuotu.

But in its reply to the request dated October 23, 2013, through the NCAA legal adviser, Mr E.K Chukwuma, Akinkuotu said documents relating to the latest purchase or even previous purchases of such cars are not in the possession of the NCAA.

The letter obtained by LEADERSHIP yesterday reads: “I am directed to your letter dated 21st October 2013 on the above matter (Request for information on N255m armoured cars for Aviation Minister, Ms Stella Oduah) and to inform you that the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority is not in possession of any document relating to the purchase of armoured cars for the Aviation Minister, Ms Stella Oduah.

“With regard to your request for records of previous purchase of armoured cars by the Aviation Ministry or NCAA, I am to inform you that the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority does not have such records.”

Not satisfied, Falana noted yesterday that he would relate this latest position of the NCAA to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, as a back-up to a petition he had written to it.

The letter from Falana to NCAA demanding the document had stated: “In your press conference at Abuja held on Friday, October 18, 2013, you did admit that the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) actually bought the controversial armoured cars and that ‘it is customary’ to convey the Minister and visiting dignitaries in security vehicles whenever they are in Nigeria.

“In the light of your claim at the said press conference, we are compelled to request you to make available to us certified true copies of the documents relating to the purchase of the cars, including budgetary approval and due process for the entire transaction.

“Since you claimed that it is customary to purchase such cars for Aviation Minister and visiting foreign dignitaries, you are also requested to provide the records of previous purchase of armoured cars by the Aviation Ministry or the NCAA. Take notice that you are mandatorily required to supply the requested information within SEVEN DAYS of the receipt of this letter by virtue of the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act, 2011.”

Armoured cars also missing in NSA’s security list
The controversial bulletproof cars for Stella
Oduah are not on the national security
adviser’s (NSA) official list of armoured cars
available anywhere in Nigeria.
Ordinarily, NO car dealer or end user, including private individuals, security agencies and government parastatals, can bring in
armoured cars into the country without obtaining end user certificates from the office of the NSA in Abuja.

Reporting that no authorization certificate was
ever issued to either the minister or the NCAA
to procure the controversial vehicles, a source
said: “We have thoroughly checked our list and I can confirm that at no time did we issue end user certificate to anyone to procure any such cars. It is likely the cars do not exist and that the documents were either forged to steal public funds.
“But if the cars indeed exist, the minister, the NCAA and Coscharis Motors will have to explain why they sneaked vehicles into our country without authorisation. It is a serious violation, and the minister and other people involved have a lot of explanations to make
.”

http://leadership.ng/news/281013/ncaa-s-u-turn-bulletproof-cars-we-ve-no-documents

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/28/n255m-cars-scandal-ncaa-denies-having-transaction-documents/

http://www.punchng.com/news/bulletproof-cars-we-dont-have-documents-ncaa-tells-falana/

1 Like

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by ifyalways(f): 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2013
Still on this mata?

Abeg make dem do wetin dem wan do asap,we don tire for all the empty threats, probes, findings and investigations.

1 Like

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by donphilopus: 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2013
Why would they see the documents??

SMH for our corrupt leaders that would be swept out of office come 2015

1 Like

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by windows8: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2013
In not more than four (4) words, simply define president Goodluck administration?
Ans: One day, One scandal.

13 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by costandi(m): 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
No be naija we dey again, abeg forget this story. Everyone knows she will still remain in office.
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by jmoore(m): 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
Many heads will go down because of this. Stella Oduah(minister of aviation) and Fola Akinkuotu(DG NCAA) should resign.

2 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by NEROSKY(m): 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
Can't fit type, Just check my signature lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
Mrs Stella Oduah for president jo.

Like if you disagree

10 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2013
May God bless Femi Falana who has always used the FOI to expose corrupt public officials. He is indeed a gift to Nigeria from OAU, Ile-Ife.

15 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
I can't take this anymore..... pls return the car
let me use my leg pls...

17 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
Authority stealing!

You be thief (I no be thief)
You be rogue (I no be rogue)
You dey steal (I no dey steal)
You be robber (I no be robber)
You be armed robber (No be armed robber)

I no be thief (You be thief)
I no be rogue (You be rogue)
I no dey steal (You dey steal)
I no be robber (You be robber)
I no be armed robber (You be armed robber)

Argument, argument!

Argument, argument, argue
Them argue
Everbody dem argue
Them dem dem argue
Up and down them argue
Everbody dem argue
Them dem dem dem argue
Yes yes, them argue
Everbody dem argue

Authority people them go dey steal
Public contribute plenty money
Na authority people dey steal
Authority man no dey pickpocket
Na petty cash him go dey pick
Armed robber him need gun
Authority man him need pen
Authority man in charge of money
Him no need gun, him need pen
Pen got power gun no get
If gun steal eighty thousand naira
Pen go steal two billion naira

Hear the words them dey take deceive the people:

Misappropriation
Maladministration
Nepotism
Mitigation
Make I remember another one wey them dey use
Defraudment
Forgerylization
Embezzlement
Vilification
Mismanagement
Public inquiry

22 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Judolisco(m): 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2013
Dey r theives all of dem, nd some pple(igbos)r supporting her carter ikun imu

2 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by donem: 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2013
Wow it is very funny, grade A manipulation.
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
Hmm
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Ibangap(m): 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
All d news nd issues regarding dis matter is becoming boring to me... In a sane society, Mrs Oduah would have been out of office now nd d country would hav moved on. But i tink President Jonathan is dragging his feet to do d right thing jus to get d attention of the people off his other incompetent issues.

9 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by begwong: 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2013
No wonder,Nigerian pilgrims refused to say "AMEN " to Papa Oritsejafors prayer when he included Princess Stealing Oduah's name in his prayer!

6 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by BabaEleko(m): 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
I dey wait for the Pro-Oduah keyboard coalition forces to come infest this thread in defense of dia "hard working daughter". Shebi na tif una dey tif for east.

8 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by skyscraperTM(m): 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
Abeg who know which station go show nigeria match today
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 28, 2013
windows8: In not more than four (4) words, simply define president Goodluck administration?
Ans: One day, One scandal.

And you make sense for your mind.
Abeg the thing don taya person, if they would arrest her, they should arrest her.
Yuzedo dey banana iceland dey flex, billyonaire dey lekki dey control things, una dey here dey give una sef headache. Mtchew
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Saraben(f): 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2013
make dem search wella dem go c am
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by ghettodreamz(m): 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2013
Naija is a big joke.
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Archmed(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2013
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Fadelex(m): 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
Sahara reporters should borrow them d one they (SR) obtained now.... I believe this woman did not envisage all these problems when it started. she simply played to d trap just like Etteh, she should honorably step down now b4 it gets messier

3 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Fussbot: 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
femi ti yari!lolz grin

mae ncaa produce d documents na
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Influence01: 5:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
Corruption of the highest order grin
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Sermwell(m): 5:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
I really don't know why inspite of the overwhelming evidence, some persons are still claiming there is no fraud in this matter! Please let the appropiate authority prosecute this woman for christ sake! Haba!

4 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by eeeeeee: 5:55pm On Oct 28, 2013
Biko,
umunna, gbachinu thread a nkiti k'onwua onwu ike.

3 Likes

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2013
nothing dey happen!!! na naija anything goes...madam chop name your time
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by costandi(m): 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2013
Yoruba_Jesus: Mrs Stella Oduah for president jo.

Like if you disagree
See his username, I'm sure you know why he is hating.
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by emmysam2: 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2013
Government Magic !!!
Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by moneybag100: 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2013
How can a burnt paper be found?

1 Like

Re: NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars by AMAKAVIOLA: 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
hmmmm...politics in action

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi’s Crusade – MASSOB Slams Nnamdi Kanu Of Radio Biafra / "Nigerians Losing Hope In Your Change Mantra" - Labour To Buhari. / Buhari Congratulates Atiku On His 70th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.