Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. (3672 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport / Enugu Airport Flood Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by waleadex(m): 6:46am On Oct 29, 2013
With checked pluses and minuses,@ OP I respect your opinion!

2 Likes

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by ifyalways(f): 7:19am On Oct 29, 2013
bumdish: @OP, this write-up seem so convoluted.

- Buhari & religion
- Nuhu Ribadu; my best choice
- Ms Oduah; the aviation minister
- Governor of Lagos state purchases
- Fani Kayode and 20 billion Naira
- The Enugu international airport

Point could have been made in one paragraph . . . some deliberation there though.
Exactly.
He failed to show or point out what excatly is wrong with the airport .
Na for chair or interlocking stones plane dey land or take off ? cheesy
Show us pictures of the "embarrassing airport" and tell us why the chairs et all are embarrassing.

Btw,One can always fold and carry his own soft italian lounge chair for extra comfort if that is a priority to you.
Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 29, 2013
naijaking1: Oga Nuzo long time!
You want her fired for the sub-std work at Enugu or for something else
Please don't compare apples and oranges. Comparing your perception of airports in China, HK, Dubai, etc with Enugu is wrong.
Please for all its worth, the reasonable approach would be compare the airport to its former self, other West African and African airports/earodromes, etc. Driving enough international traffic through Enugu is the first step in bringing it modern World std.
It pains me when reasonable people end up with wrong conclusions, because they used the wrong set of logics in their reasoning.

Really?! Do you realize that Nigeria is richer than almost all of West Africa put together? Like OP said, why do you guys love mediocrity? Why dont you feel you deserve anything good?

4 Likes

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by henrychubayo: 7:58am On Oct 29, 2013
kingoflag:

Really?! Do you realize that Nigeria is richer than almost all of West Africa put together? Like OP said, why do you guys love mediocrity? Why dont you feel you deserve anything good?

It is u and the OP who deserve to be corrected. What he saw is a local airport not an international one. Again it is better than what we have before. So let us not start criticizing before other people will start pushing for the closure just because the airport is not an international one fit for handling international travels.

Why must we start complaining about this airport while the new terminal in been built just beside it? We should be careful on how we reason.

The Op said he don't mind closing the airport and building a new structure. Is he blind to see the new structure there? Does he think that if not because of the minister, that the airport will be completed in 20 years to come if pull down? I guess hs just came to Nigeria new and don't know how politics and ethnicity works hand in hand.

2 Likes

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by Ngokafor(f): 8:12am On Oct 29, 2013
..@op brace yourself cos your tears has not even started..u neva hala..

1 Like

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by Nuzo1(m): 8:26am On Oct 29, 2013
Hehehe....they have woken up with shock and anger on their faces to see somebody dare call their saint Fashola a thief, Buhari a religious fanatics and an ethnic bigot, GEJ a lesser evil and a call for the sack of their abracadabra daughter Oduah.

One group expected me to just call for Oduah's sack without involving Fashola and Buhari. But they forgot the reason a section of people are resisting her sack;...Fashola bought the same cars twice the amount without any critics while Buhari established the thot process (religious and ethnic bigotry) that established such resistance.

The other group wanted me to praise GEJ and Oduah for the fraud called the enugu rehabilitated airport. They even went further tell me that that's the much about a billion Naira can get.
Lies! I was a builder at some point in my life so the structure I saw wouldve been taken care of with not more that N350 million.

Well, my point was simply to highlight how much of a fraud GEJ, Fashola and Oduah are. How Buhari established the sentiments that makes it difficult for these guys to be condemned with ONE voice in Nigeria.

Oduah could be placed as the best aviation minister in the history of Nigeria...but I'm tired of mediocrity!

I'm not confused, you guys are!

1 Like

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by Desric(m): 8:34am On Oct 29, 2013
gratieao: @Op sorry to disappoint you, as worst as it may look half breed is still better than none. We wouldn't have have any had Femi kayode or any other Yoruba aviation ministers remained there, it still a step in right direction
Shebi international flight fit land there?
Upgrading of the Enugu airport to international standard, is it Oduah's idea or the promise made by President GEJ during his campaign to ndi Igbo if they vote for him? I think the record should be made straight future reference purposes.
Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by ibrahimdoc: 8:35am On Oct 29, 2013
Nuzo':

Yes bro, there's an improvement now. Matter of fact, it was more like a local car pack then.

My anger with Oduah has very little or nothing to do with the inflated bullet proof vehicles. All the governors, ministers and heads of parastatals has approved inflated budget for their luxery lives including private jets. So, I rather Fashola be impeached first before Oduah is fired if all my "ranting" has to do only with the automobile.

If you had gone thru my first post you will know that I avoided comparing this airport to these foreign airports for the same reason you exhibited here; mediocrity.

What will happen if the airport was at least given a near finishing look like the Nnamdi Azikiwe airport Abuja? The slabs, doors, interlocking, windows etc

Bro, from the debt of my heart....I was really disappointed today.

My brother, how is the airport running, is it underused as most yoruba people said it is?? I am curious, please tell me....I will be flying from Asia to Enugu by december.
Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by Datiboboi: 8:40am On Oct 29, 2013
Nuzo':
I feel disappointed today...so disappointed that tears rolled down my eyes!

But before I tell you guys the reasons for my disappointment, I will give you a little insight on my candid observation on the Nigerian polity.

Since when I became very active on this forum in early 2007, I've tried as much as I can to be very objective in my views, analysis and assessments regarding issues raised here...especially Nigerian politics, ethnicity and religion.

I've tried to maintain that "objectivity" till date. But I must confess I was shocked the way president Jonathan was treated when his predecessor; pres Yaradua fell sick and eventually died.
Since then, the politics of ethnicity and religion became the order of the day.

Buhari established that line of politics by avoiding south east and south south zones during his presidential campaigns with the exception of Port Harcourt. He also went further to ask that muslim vote muslim while other adherents should do same for their respective brethren. He also enjoys keeping quiet or as some people would say he sympathizes with religious murdering fanatics.

Don't get me wrong, I know this sentimental politics didn't start with Buhari...but its very clear he established it. It was even evident during his era as head of state.

Nuhu Ribadu is not a perfect guy, but he seems to be my best choice among all the line up of all the so-called leaders...including GEJ, Akpabio, Tinubu, Fashola, Chime and Buhari. He beats them any day in my book.
Problem is that Ribadu is not salable to the gullible and corrupt Nigerian populace for obvious reasons. And that makes me pitch my tent to the easier devil to deal with....Goodluck Jonathan!

Recently, there's been so much talk about Ms Oduah; the aviation minister. I feel very indifferent or should I say comfused about her persecution in the media mostly by a section of people and the other section in her defence.
Its an outright disregard for due process, ethics and respect for Nigerians and her office to approve such a huge amount of money for 2 units of bulletproof vehicles. Its a clear case of fraud! Now, they can't even find the receipts for the purchase.

On the other side, they are worried there's NO much talk about the money the Governor of Lagos state spent in purchasing the same unit of vehicle for twice the amount Oduo used. This section even argued that her predecessors; especially Fani Kayode was never harassed even after about 20 billion Naira aviation fund disappeared into thin air.
They went further to argue that she's been hunted for stopping some illegal deals in the industry, refurbishing the airports and upgrading the Enugu airport to international status.

These 2 groups have valid arguments but I think its about time GEJ relieve her of her duty and allow her to be properly prosecuted! She's not as innocent as we think.

Now, as I said in my first statement, I felt so disappointed after using the international airport today. It was a complete mess!

I've been opportune to travel through local and international airports in China, Hong Kong, Qatar, UAE and Australia so I know first hand what its like to have a quality and lasting structure. I'm sure Odua has been to these places and more.

For the fact that most Nigerians are okay with mediocrity or just about average, I won't compare these airports to what I saw in Enugu today, rather I would soft pedal by comparing the Enugu airport to the streets in these countries. Unfortunately, it still doesn't come close.

Enugu international airport has come to stay...but the rehabilitated structure is a sham, a ponzi scheme and a BIG FRAUD!
The quality of materials (interlocking, slabs, chairs, windows, glass and restrooms) and quality of finishing were all shabby, substandard and unprofessional! It will all fall apart in the next 1 year. I give it 6 months without maintainance.

Its clear the opposition are very good in hijacking issues like this and using it for their political gains...but Nigerians must learn to draw the lines. Odua is a big time fraud and must GO!

Igbo women are arguably the most hard working and least corrupt group of Nigerians but Odua is one in a hundred that keeps pulling this group backward.

It pains me when reasonable people end up with wrong conclusions, because they used the wrong set of logics in their reasoning.
ODUA must STAY

4 Likes

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by mandarin: 8:41am On Oct 29, 2013
To be honest, I think Nigerians are just into all the ethnocentric jams et al. I think as much as the south-east needs its own place as a major stakeholder in the Nigeria dream, the politics of ethnicity and sectionalism has made Nigeria less productive and waste its scarce resources. If its the aim of the government in generating more funds and great service experience for travellers and in fact all Nigerians, nothing has been achieved in the aviation sector, not in the last ten to twenty years.If government has good plan, Lagos should have world class airport and new ones should have been opened by now especially the Lekki side of the city.
Government has not worked on bringing down the cost of air travel and an industry that should be multi billion dollar is struggling to survive.Refurbishing existing airports to me is just a case of maintenance and how could you be praising someone for carrying out maintenance on existing structures? Isn't that their jobs and they get all the perks in this world to do that? Many Nigerians work harder and get less.
I expected and in fact its my own expectation that the government should have looked into what could be done to drive down the cost of air travel. With my experience in travelling, there is nothing that shouldn't enable NYSC corp members from flying and do do that for the rest of their lives.Every Nigerian that work and earn at least 30k should be able to fly. What am I saying? our government is busy stratifying our society into classes exclusive to the very top. when you spent 25k and above flying how can an ordinary Nigerian afford that? To me,Stella, Kayode, Jonathan, Obj etc have all wasted generations of Nigerians and have done nothing new!
Nigerian airlines are folding up and people are losing jobs, tokunboh aircraft here and there, shamble airports everywhere and I saw some people carry placards in support of bullet proof cars and am sure some of those guys may be unemployed, its amazing!
To me,a working aviation sector will give sustenance to Nigerian businesses,many airlines will be working, flights cost will be affordable, safety will be a high priority and airports will be world class, anything less is a failure and Stella(or Kayode, chikwe, Aborisade etc) is not working toward that she just want to enrich herself and cronies,I pray it will be well with Nigeria.
Am surprised as my kinsmen support questionable characters allowing ethnic feeling to come into play, I think we need a rethink, thank God for those who could see better as Nigeria needs people of integrity not those who want to ride on the back of ethnicity to perpectuate themslves and their evils

1 Like

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by Nuzo1(m): 8:47am On Oct 29, 2013
ibrahimdoc:

My brother, how is the airport running, is it underused as most yoruba people said it is?? I am curious, please tell me....I will be flying from Asia to Enugu by december.

Regarding the international airport, Stella Oduah's name and works are already inscribed in gold in the Nigerian history.
Enugu international airport is the best thing to happen to south easterners in recent times.
So fly through the airport, its pretty the same safety standard and hygeine condition as that of MM1 and Abuja airport. It will be easier and cheaper for you too.

The international wing has the potential to be the busiest in west Africa if tribal politics doesn't stall it.

That being said, I'm only concerned at the shoddy and substandard work done at the local wing. It is a fraud!

1 Like

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:51am On Oct 29, 2013
Nuzo':

Regarding the international airport, Stella Oduah's name and works are already inscribed in gold in the Nigerian history.
Enugu international airport is the best thing to happen to south easterners in recent times.
So fly through the airport, its pretty the same safety standard and hygeine condition as that of MM1 and Abuja airport. It will be easier and cheaper for you too.

The international wing has the potential to be the busiest in west Africa if tribal politics doesn't stall it.

That being said, I'm only concerned at the shoddy and substandard work done at the local wing. It is a fraud!

I see... The development of Enugu as an aviation hub is ongoing and will take at least 30years of Africa pace to realise. Be patient...

The local Airport can always be given a face lift at a later stage.

1 Like

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by feminancy(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2013
Nuzo':

Ok now I understand you, she has to go cus of the substandard work at the AIIA .
Lol

1 Like

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by ilaugh1: 10:11am On Oct 29, 2013
is this not the guy (the OP) who was planning to denounce his Nigerian citizenship back in time?
Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by Nuzo1(m): 12:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
i_laugh: is this not the guy (the OP) who was planning to denounce his Nigerian citizenship back in time?

"I hereby denounce my Nigerian citizenship" was an article written by Kay Soyemi (Esq.)

The article was featured on nairaland's frontpage about 5 or 6 years ago. Proper reference was made regarding the source and writer.

Cheers!
Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by Nobody: 4:19am On Oct 30, 2013
Nuzo':
Hehehe....they have woken up with shock and anger on their faces to see somebody dare call their saint Fashola a thief, Buhari a religious fanatics and an ethnic bigot, GEJ a lesser evil and a call for the sack of their abracadabra daughter Oduah.

One group expected me to just call for Oduah's sack without involving Fashola and Buhari. But they forgot the reason a section of people are resisting her sack;...Fashola bought the same cars twice the amount without any critics while Buhari established the thot process (religious and ethnic bigotry) that established such resistance.

The other group wanted me to praise GEJ and Oduah for the fraud called the enugu rehabilitated airport. They even went further tell me that that's the much about a billion Naira can get.
Lies! I was a builder at some point in my life so the structure I saw wouldve been taken care of with not more that N350 million.

Well, my point was simply to highlight how much of a fraud GEJ, Fashola and Oduah are. How Buhari established the sentiments that makes it difficult for these guys to be condemned with ONE voice in Nigeria.

Oduah could be placed as the best aviation minister in the history of Nigeria...but I'm tired of mediocrity!

I'm not confused, you guys are!
You were sounding good until your bigotry couldnt be contained and it drove you crazy and started spewing from even your eardrums. Whats Buhari, Fashola and co got to do with a case concerning Oduah and GEJ's corruption? Buhari established what sentiment? Is he the one that asked Henry Okah to blow up Nigerians and blame the North or is he the one that runs around with Pastor Oritsejafor in an obvious attempt to create a religious and ethnic divide in the country?

You know the reason why I despise yall Nigerians and avoid you guys as much as possible in my everyday life? Youre majorly hypocrites and cant tell the truth to save your lives without thinking religion and/or tribe.
Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by Nuzo1(m): 6:40am On Oct 30, 2013
kingoflag: You were sounding good until your bigotry couldnt be contained and it drove you crazy and started spewing from even your eardrums. Whats Buhari, Fashola and co got to do with a case concerning Oduah and GEJ's corruption? Buhari established what sentiment? Is he the one that asked Henry Okah to blow up Nigerians and blame the North or is he the one that runs around with Pastor Oritsejafor in an obvious attempt to create a religious and ethnic divide in the country?

You know the reason why I despise yall Nigerians and avoid you guys as much as possible in my everyday life? Youre majorly hypocrites and cant tell the truth to save your lives without thinking religion and/or tribe.

Hehehe...I can see you are one of those damned ethnic and religious bigot, who feel I must belong to at least one of the two groups so I could massage my corrupt kinsman ego or defend our corrupt daughter.

I can spot your likes from a 1000km; you come in as a nuetral guy only to show who you really are.

This is not a news report to tell you how Oduah is the "worst" thing to happen to you (there are so many reports on that already). This is simply my analysis on why its hard for a section of people to join the call for Oduah's sack.
So you know, I'm all for her sack but not for the vehicle purchase.

I mentioned Fashola cos he did worst yet nobody is calling for his sack. He bought the same unit of cars for 600 million. Twice the price NCAA bought theirs.

I mentioned Buhari cos he was the one who initiated and established the divide along ethnic and religious lines of which you; the "Fashola is a saint" group and the other mofos; "Oduah is our daughter" group. Buhari started this long before GEJ hijacked it!

Now, even you as enlightened as you thinnk you are can never condemn Fashola and Tinubu for their loot while the other group can never see anything wrong with GEJ and Oduah's fraud.

You wouldve seen so much reason with me if you were unbiased as you claimed to be. But its clear you are on the group of "Fashola is a saint.

Finally bro, your generalization about Nigerians or a section of Nigerians shows how low, unexposed and imature of a person you are. But its VERY okay...but you will be so delusional to think that out of 8billion humans, 160m Nigerians, 1m Nairalanders that I give a HOOT about what you do with your life regarding anybody.

1 Like

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by ilaugh1: 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nuzo':

Hehehe...I can see you are one of those damned ethnic and religious bigot, who feel I must belong to at least one of the two groups so I could massage my corrupt kinsman ego or defend our corrupt daughter.

I can spot your likes from a 1000km; you come in as a nuetral guy only to show who you really are.

This is not a news report to tell you how Oduah is the "worst" thing to happen to you (there are so many reports on that already). This is simply my analysis on why its hard for a section of people to join the call for Oduah's sack.
So you know, I'm all for her sack but not for the vehicle purchase.

I mentioned Fashola cos he did worst yet nobody is calling for his sack. He bought the same unit of cars for 600 million. Twice the price NCAA bought theirs.

I mentioned Buhari cos he was the one who initiated and established the divide along ethnic and religious lines of which you; the "Fashola is a saint" group and the other mofos; "Oduah is our daughter" group. Buhari started this long before GEJ hijacked it!

Now, even you as enlightened as you thinnk you are can never condemn Fashola and Tinubu for their loot while the other group can never see anything wrong with GEJ and Oduah's fraud.

You wouldve seen so much reason with me if you were unbiased as you claimed to be. But its clear you are on the group of "Fashola is a saint.

Finally bro, your generalization about Nigerians or a section of Nigerians shows how low, unexposed and imature of a person you are. But its VERY okay...but you will be so delusional to think that out of 8billion humans, 160m Nigerians, 1m Nairalanders that I give a HOOT about what you do with your life regarding anybody.

You keep saying the bolded, but why arent they talking about it?
Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by dustydee: 11:40am On Nov 01, 2013
Nuzo':
I feel disappointed today...so disappointed that tears rolled down my eyes!

Buhari established that line of politics by avoiding south east and south south zones during his presidential campaigns with the exception of Port Harcourt. He also went further to ask that muslim vote muslim while other adherents should do same for their respective brethren. He also enjoys keeping quiet or as some people would say he sympathizes with religious murdering fanatics.
Where did you get the quoted information from? Please stop fanning the embers of discord with your mis information. Where were you when some states banned some political parties from campaigning? Where and when did he say muslims should vote for muslims? if he said that I bet you would have seen the clips all over the internet. Stick to the issue and stop peddling rumour. Thank you.
Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
If I talk now they will call me anti-Nigeria. I haven't been to the Enugu airport thank goodness. Just the murtala Mohammed airport I saw made me shake my head and hide my passport. The most annoying thing is, these government officials travel abroad every month and have seen how developed countries have done well for themselves and instead of coming back home and up-ing their game, they resort to cheap investments. If these good for nothing goats cannot do their jobs well then let them employ foreigners to wipe their bums for them atleast the country will be guaranteed quality work

1 Like

Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by ilaugh1: 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
jennykadry: If I talk now they will call me anti-Nigeria. I haven't been to the Enugu airport thank goodness. Just the murtala Mohammed airport I saw made me shake my head and hide my passport. The most annoying thing is, these government officials travel abroad every month and have seen how developed countries have done well for themselves and instead of coming back home and up-ing their game, they resort to cheap investments. If these good for nothing goats cannot do their jobs well then let them employ foreigners to wipe their bums for them atleast the country will be guaranteed quality work

you will do well to burn it.
Re: I Wept At The "Rehabilitated" Enugu Airport. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
^^^ Gladly and with great joy in my heart. The country is useless anyways

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travel To Babardos / Please I Need Advice About Samoa? / Good African Countries To Travel To And Live Like A King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.