Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist (31298 Views)

CAF Announces African Player Of The Year Shortlist…see Who Made It / Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year / Bbc African Footballer Of The Year Shortlist Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by striker9(m): 3:46pm On Oct 29, 2013
ednut1: Yaya started as a DM, but he has improved his game, passing, mazy runs, physical, free kicks, shots, Mikel has not improved one bit since 06, only a fool will say mikel shud be africa best, mikel ko milk head ni
Kanu Nwankwo is a fool abi?cause he said Mikel deserves the award.You are the biggest fool my guy.

1 Like

Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by begwong: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
Austeenx: #Team Franck Ribery. cheesy cheesy
or rather #frankUmaruRibery#
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by ednut1(m): 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
striker9: Kanu Nwankwo is a fool abi?cause he said Mikel deserves the award.You are the biggest fool my guy.
I no get ur time, ur clearly daft
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Chinoble(f): 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2013
My own case is different! angry
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by omar22(m): 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
striker9: Kanu Nwankwo is a fool abi?cause he said Mikel deserves the award.You are the biggest fool my guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BD-Z4qA0i0

Guess who is meant to be marking Yaya Toure?

Abeg Kanu doesnt speak for everyone here

1 Like

Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by striker9(m): 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
ednut1: I no get ur time, ur clearly daft
You just proved to me that you obviously deserve biggest fool ballon'dor.
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Ikenna94: 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2013
it's a shame dat steven keshi is nt dere afta winning afcon
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by misterh(m): 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2013
Mikel for Ballon D'or or what's the comparison between Mikel & Toure about? Yaya Toure is the heart of Man City's MF while Mikel is not even a starter for CFC.

1 Like

Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Ikenna94: 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2013
wat did yaya toure do to be in d list or dey want 2 apease him 4 d racist row.david alaba deserves to be in dat list more dan 20 percent of people dere. Fifa is realy mesing up

1 Like

Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Youngzedd(m): 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2013
No need of argument, the world best player of the year belong to the one and only Messi.
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by immunno(m): 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2013
CFCfan:
Mikel should be up there. He had a good Nations Cup campaign with Nigeria, and was a key player in Chelsea's Europa League victory.
mikel ko mokel ni,nigerians and sentiments......wettin dey special abt mikel

1 Like

Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Ikenna94: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2013
wat is hazard doin dere. Even marco reus deserves 2 be dere

1 Like

Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Youngzedd(m): 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2013
misterh: Mikel for Ballon D'or or what's the comparison between Mikel & Toure about? Yaya Toure is the heart of Man City's MF while Mikel is not even a starter for CFC.

Don't mind those that watch match through the anus.

Yaya is the best in Africa.

1 Like

Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
begwong:
or rather #frankUmaruRibery#

Whichever person that is answering Umaru should go and die a hilarious death.
I only know Franck Ribery. undecided
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by striker9(m): 4:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
omar22:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BD-Z4qA0i0

Guess who is meant to be marking Yaya Toure?

Abeg Kanu doesnt speak for everyone here
I know Kanu isn't speaking for anyone,and don't use that Yaya's goal to judge Mikel na,I hope you remember who marked Yaya from the rear when he had the ball one-on-one against Enyeama at AFCON.

1 Like

Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Ikenna94: 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2013
immunno: mikel ko mokel ni,nigerians and sentiments......wettin dey special abt mikel
even torres deserves 2 be dere more dan toure, where is gundogan?dude was excelent last season

1 Like

Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ikenna94: wat did yaya toure do to be in d list or dey want 2 apease him 4 d racist row.david alaba deserves to be in dat list more dan 20 percent of people dere. Fifa is realy mesing up

You've gotta be kidding me

I'll take it that you don't watch man shitty match in epl or champions league. Seriously, again?

Exempting Xavi, look at that list and tell me who Alaba can replace. People speak with sentiments. Na wa
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by omar22(m): 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ikenna94: wat did yaya toure do to be in d list or dey want 2 apease him 4 d racist row.david alaba deserves to be in dat list more dan 20 percent of people dere. Fifa is realy mesing up

He was at the heart of Man City from January to date!

Mikel is a bench warmer most of the last 10 months

1 Like

Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by omar22(m): 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
striker9: I know Kanu isn't speaking for anyone,and don't use that Yaya's goal to judge Mikel na,I hope you remember who marked Yaya from the rear when he had the ball one-on-one against Enyeama at AFCON.

So you want to use one game in February to give an award for a whole year and remember Victor Moses won player of the Tournament
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by shakur07(m): 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
yeah he is magnifique among his clubmates
the_ripper3: MARCO REUS should displace HAZARD or GARETH BALE on that list. That boy is Magnifique
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by striker9(m): 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2013
omar22:

So you want to use one game in February to give an award for a whole year and remember Victor Moses won player of the Tournament
I'm not using one game ok,I was only replying the dude that was trying to mock Mikel with a goal Yaya scored.Yaya is good but please Mikel has been better for the national side.
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by shakur07(m): 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2013
dont mind d guy jareh ..no b only alaba hn go cee *idowu ni
joeydozzy:

You've gotta be kidding me

I'll take it that you don't watch man shitty match in epl or champions league. Seriously, again?

Exempting Xavi, look at that list and tell me who Alaba can replace. People speak with sentiments. Na wa
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Ikenna94: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
pickabeau1:

Do you think there's a better player
who cares even zidane is far beta dan toure bt is nt dere because it all boils down 2 d yr in view, in dat case mikel was beta dan yaya toure.even moses who single handedly gave chelsea d europa league
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by omar22(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
striker9: I'm not using one game ok,I was only replying the dude that was trying to mock Mikel with a goal Yaya scored.Yaya is good but please Mikel has been better for the national side.

Its a straight forward question is Mikel better than Yaya Toure?
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Lamasta(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
If dem FIFA like may them rob Ribery of in award cos I no trust FIFA they know how to turn the table in favour of Messi
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by striker9(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
omar22:

Victor Moses player of the tournament?what did Jonathan Pritroipa won?
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Ikenna94: 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
omar22:

He was at the heart of Man City from January to date!

Mikel is a bench warmer most of the last 10 months
where was neymar b4 confed cup?david alaba,philip lahm nd manuel neuer who did beta?alaba even sent lahm 2 d right bak position
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Jdesilentkiller(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
tonididdy: Messi + Neymar + Iniesta + Xavi + Villa + Pique + Puyol +
Fabregas + Valdes + Sanchez + Ibrahimovic + Drogba +
Muller + Reus + Ribery + Robben + Gomez + Mandzukic +
Sweinsteiger + Gotze + Klose + Hernanes + Rooney + Van
Persie + Di Natale + Cavani + Lewandowski + Lahm + Hulk +
Eto'o + Hazard + Balotelli + Torres + Aguero + Tevez + El
Shaarawy + Lampard + Oscar + Essien + De Bruyne + Van
Ginkel + Schurrle + Ramires + Cech + Azpilicueta + Terry +
David Luiz + Cole + Ivanovic + Cahill + Ferdinand + Vidic +
Kagawa + Lloris + Defoe + Adebayor + Dembele + Giggs +
Valencia + Falcao + Pedro + Soldado + Paulinho +
Vertonghen + Fellaini + Neuer + Maicon + Milito + Guarin +
Zanetti + Palacio + Fernandinho + Willian + Hart + Tiago Silva
+ David Silva + Negredo + Jovetic + Yaya Toure + Sturridge +
Mignolet + Agger + Coutinho + Reina + Cazorla + Giroud +
Walcott + Lavezzi + Lucas Moura + Gundogan + Hummels +
Subotic + Mkhitaryan + Blaszczykowski + Podolski + Wilshere

+ Moutinho + Suarez + Nani + Nasri + Mata + Verratti +
Kompany + Evra + Pastore + Snejider + Pirlo + Boateng +
Marchisio + Chiellini + Pogba + Hamsik + Buffon + Candreva
+ Handanovic + De Rossi + Totti + Lamela + Eriksen +
Robinho + Llorente + Vidal + Diego Costa + Navas + Busquets
+ Song + Mascherano + Dani Alves + Jordi Alba + Cristiano
Ronaldo = JOHN OBI MIKEL
I think someone hasn't taken his medication.
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by omar22(m): 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ikenna94: who cares even zidane is far beta dan toure bt is nt dere because it all boils down 2 d yr in view, in dat case mikel was beta dan yaya toure.even moses who single handedly gave chelsea d europa league

Exactly Moses was player of the Tournament AFCON, and scored in every round of the Europa cup except the final and helped Chelsea to third place
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by striker9(m): 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
omar22:

NO,but he has won more trophies of late,which also counts in comparing there achievements and can never be overlooked.
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by Ikenna94: 4:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
omar22:

mikel's display in confed cup i wil take mikel
Re: FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist by lockedOut: 4:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
It is funny how FIFA deliberately ignore South America and give the best player in the world to the european based players. The FIFA world player of the year should be nicknamed FIFA European Footballer of the year. If FIFA watches just one championship and bases it polls on that same competition i think that is absolutely wrong.

Players based in South America are sometimes better than some of these european based players but because FIFA has failed to look at the right place we keep missing out on the real talents of the game. I keep wondering what Eden Hazard is looking for in this list, If the world player of the year is not a true reflection of the world game then it should rather be named what it truly represent....FIFA EUROPEAN FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR.

If YAYA Toure can make the list, I wonder why Lacine Traore or (forgotten the Burkina Faso wingers name) cant make the list. I am not making a case for the Nigerian team but I think going by our exploits Keshi should have been named in the best coach award. Imagine seeing Ancelotti on the list with all the richly assembled stars he used to win the French League moreover what is Wenger doing on that list, is that to placate e English followers of the game? The award for a long time has been a joke, a marketing gimmick to lure the best players from other parts of the world. What a shame.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ronaldo Reaches 400 Million Followers On Instagram, The First Ever / Real Madrid Celebrates Back Home With Champion League Trophy, Huge Crowd(Photos) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: CAF Under-17 Championship (3 - 1) On 21st February 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.