Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. (50537 Views)

What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / Igbo Men's Ways, A Cultural Thing ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by 0monnakoda: 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
ezeagu: [s]

Oya, you want to put Igbo people down so let's go toe to toe with facts. Produce the Yoruba equivalent of all the following, and then I'll post the Igbo.

1. Writing system
2. Publicly elected leadership
3. Oldest site of a bronze casting site and the date of the earliest artefacts.
4. Date of publishing of earliest known writer.
5. Ethnic placenames in the Americas.
6. Most widely used words in Caribbean creoles, and even words in many dictionaries including English.
7. Most prominent person ever in the diaspora who has claimed descent.
8. GDP of countries where the language is an officially recognised minority language.
9. Communities that abolished slavery before the 1800s.
10. Amount of wars and the longest fought against the British.
11. Oldest kingdom.
12. Post pictures of most impressive civil and military architectures.

After you've posted the Yoruba equivalents and I've posted the Igbo, we'll see whether there is our isn't Igbo culture to talk of.[/s]
What is a wise father supposed to do when his foolish son challenges him to come and measure prick

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by ezeagu(m): 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nonsense reply from someone who has nothing to contribute.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
ezeagu ride on.
Omonnakoda, backing out will be used against u at the station.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by 0monnakoda: 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
ngozievergreen: ezeagu ride on.
Omonnakoda, backing out will be used against u at the station.
I said I will not measure prick with Ezeagu and that is final. Yours is a different matter. I can see you are very curious and if you ask nicely I will show you the Eight Wonder of the World.
Seriously you guys have no culture. No religion, No music,No Fashion,No values NOTHING> Just a bunch of unruly and disorderly shrieking savages.
It really is desperate when a people need to seek external validation or affirmation of their authenticity. Yoruuba do not need to make claims. Others maake them for us. Ask yourself why with the Ibo dominance of the home video industry they don't make Ibo Language videos? The Ibo language is as good as DEAD.

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by ezeagu(m): 12:19am On Nov 06, 2013
0monnakoda: I said I will not measure prick with Ezeagu and that is final. Yours is a different matter. I can see you are very curious and if you ask nicely I will show you the Eight Wonder of the World.
Seriously you guys have no culture. No religion, No music,No Fashion,No values NOTHING> Just a bunch of unruly and disorderly shrieking savages.
It really is desperate when a people need to seek external validation or affirmation of their authenticity. Yoruuba do not need to make claims. Others maake them for us. Ask yourself why with the Ibo dominance of the home video industry they don't make Ibo Language videos? The Ibo language is as good as DEAD.

Yet you know what umunna and mba means, you don't seek external validation (which I'm guessing means that you don't want to be floored by the challenge I've put up) but you can take your time discussing how others have no culture because you're so secure in your own. You just showed your life by mentioning the Nigerian cinema, the biggest in Africa and one that is spreading Nigerian culture, and specifically Igbo culture and language around the globe. Insecurity is real.

And just for you to sweat finish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p2Eix66U9U

2012, by the way.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by Howmanage: 12:30am On Nov 06, 2013
0monnakoda:
What is a wise father supposed to do when his foolish son challenges him to come and measure prick
omg! LOL cheesy cheesy Nairaland wont kill me o ahahaaahaaha cheesy
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by 0monnakoda: 1:56am On Nov 06, 2013
ezeagu:

Yet you know what umunna and mba means, you don't seek external validation (which I'm guessing means that you don't want to be floored by the challenge I've put up) but you can take your time discussing how others have no culture because you're so secure in your own. You just showed your life by mentioning the Nigerian cinema, the biggest in Africa and one that is spreading Nigerian culture, and specifically Igbo culture and language around the globe. Insecurity is real.

And just for you to sweat finish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p2Eix66U9U

2012, by the way.
You act like my youngest son,always seeking attention. Always wanting to be like Dada, Always watching me when I pee. In fact I have convinced him now to eat plenty vegetables,which he dislikes, so he too can have a big prick when he grows grin

Why do you folk suffer from such strong inferiority complex collectively .That is what we all struggle to understand ?? Always needing to Prove this and Prove that. The harder you try the sillier you look

I am very very careful how I use my words.I did not use the word "Cinema" at all. That was not by chance though such nuances are wasted on proles

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 06, 2013
0monnakoda: I said I will not measure prick with Ezeagu and that is final. Yours is a different matter. I can see you are very curious and if you ask nicely I will show you the Eight Wonder of the World.

..and he is still backing out, but he has decided to measure prick with ezeagu.
Moreover, that nollywood stuff u mentioned is laughable cos the mainstream (and exported )Nollywood is Igbo culture and nothing else, ranging from the marriage styles to names given to casts, even omotola wl answer ogechi, olu Jacobs, Igwe Ifeka.
Have u ever seen Ngozi Ezeonu eating amala and ewedu in a movie? Whatever happened to Abacha.

Ur Yoruba movies, how come they don't move outside Yoruba circles even with the subtitles but an Igbo spoken movie will sell more copies?
Worse still, more yorubas would rather watch Igbo nollywood than those plays u call yoruba films.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by ezeagu(m): 8:22am On Nov 06, 2013
0monnakoda: You act like my youngest son,always seeking attention. Always wanting to be like Dada, Always watching me when I pee. In fact I have convinced him now to eat plenty vegetables,which he dislikes, so he too can have a big prick when he grows grin

Why do you folk suffer from such strong inferiority complex collectively .That is what we all struggle to understand ?? Always needing to Prove this and Prove that. The harder you try the sillier you look

I am very very careful how I use my words.I did not use the word "Cinema" at all. That was not by chance though such nuances are wasted on proles

Look, if you have nothing else to contribute again except your random anecdotes about children and your private parts, then let the thread carry on from where it left off.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by 0monnakoda: 10:45am On Nov 06, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Moreover, that nollywood stuff u mentioned is laughable cos the mainstream (and exported )Nollywood is Igbo culture and nothing else, ranging from the marriage styles to names given to casts, even omotola wl answer ogechi, olu Jacobs, Igwe Ifeka.
Have u ever seen Ngozi Ezeonu eating amala and ewedu in a movie? Whatever happened to Abacha.

Ur Yoruba movies, how come they don't move outside Yoruba circles even with the subtitles but an Igbo spoken movie will sell more copies?
Worse still, more yorubas would rather watch Igbo nollywood than those plays u call yoruba films.
If you believe that fine.As far as I am concerned you have no culture and your language is dying.
You folk suffer from inferiority complex that is why you go around comparing yourselves and starting silly threads like this one.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
0monnakoda: If you believe that fine.As far as I am concerned you have no culture and your language is dying.
You folk suffer from inferiority complex that is why you go around comparing yourselves and starting silly threads like this one.

Is that y gbawe and co were crying in the first page?
btw, answer my questions, ur Yoruba movie industry has never made waves, y?
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by 0monnakoda: 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Is that y gbawe and co were crying in the first page?
btw, answer my questions, ur Yoruba movie industry has never made waves, y?
Well I don't even know Gbawe so I can't speak for him. You and I know that Yoruba can never follow Ibo when it comes to culture so let us not deceive ourselves. The Ibo person's whole existence is about money by all means. The whole purpose of which is to soothe his profound sense of inferiority by oppressing his fellow Ibo men. There is nothing "cool" about being Ibo absolutely nothing. Can you Imagine Yoruba men in baby hats or Yoruba women with Wrappers and white singlet?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by Howmanage: 6:25am On Nov 07, 2013
ngozievergreen:

. But this is incorrect.....that much I know
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by 0monnakoda: 10:54am On Nov 07, 2013
This is your culture.This is what you are known for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_pqB8qb48E

To you NA MAKATE
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
Howmanage: . But this is incorrect.....that much I know

oya, keep deceiving yourselves.
are yorubas not in Nigeria again?
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
I still don't why you lot are comparing two different people.

Yoruba's have more in common with most of the ethnic groups from Benin to Ghana (some might even take it further to Senegambia) than they have with Igbo's. Likewise Igbo's have more in common with Central Africans than they do with Yoruba's. undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by Sloan: 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
apoti:

lol... I guessed I was fooled then or maybe he has turned a new leaf

Turn a new leaf or you were deceived? This is a poster that should be slapped to death, speaking about Yoruba culture, he has NO CLUE about when he is yet to know the ibo culture that started less than a 100 years ago! By the way, Ikenagwo is 25 years old, undergraduate or job seeker, what will this tribalism-infested retardeen have to say about the culture of the Yorubas, which is the stuff of legend dating back to the days of the Old Oyo Empire, an empire that stood for over 500 years! Don't be fooled, this ibo guy is a big loser, as big losers as they come!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by TheWayToZion: 12:28pm On May 14, 2016
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. by Probz(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2021
Gbawe:
Pathetic idiot. Why don't you just speak for your own ethnic group alone instead of peddling your own warped stereotype about others you know nothing about and remain always ready to disrespect and malign?

You know damn well that there’s an element of truth in what the OP’s saying. There’s no shade intentionally directed to either side as far as I can tell. It’s just intended to be a fairly accurate comparative descriptor of both ethnic groups.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beautiful Igbo Names For Baby Boys And Girls / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) / Emir Sanusi Appointed By UN As SDGs Advocate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.