Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals (9471 Views)

Medical Negligence In Nigerian University Clinics Has To Stop!!! / Fertility Clinics Buy Sperm From Lagosians For N50,000 / Lagos Shuts Isolo Hospital Mortuary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by foyeks2001(f): 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
Fashola is working...Eko o ni baje o
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by foyeks2001(f): 3:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
I don't know wether we do have equipment for such ailment in 9ja but u know as well known politicians, they wld not want their health issues to be for public consumptions (Saharareporters dem) and also...wen money, na d money go dey talk sef....as you are now, maybe you driving a car of N10m, and u got a contract of N160billion naira, am sure u will pamper and stellaodualised ursef wit bulletproof cars..
babyosisi: If the govt hospitals were any better why did Tinubu go to the USA to remove the Ogbunigwe lodged in his arthritic hips?
Nonsense
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by gerald09(m): 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
Am really happy for 1s, I was expecting a Yoruba/Igbo tussle, I bet una no Notice the "Chisom Hospital". Finally Nigerians are seeing the problems not the people/tribe.
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by foyeks2001(f): 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
U still dey ask learner 'how many' [quote author=cashkid18][/quote]
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by GentleMimi: 3:46pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ibanga p: Good, but u'll find out that these hospitals that are being shut down are private owned hospitals, and truth be told; how well-standard are the government owned hospitals? They are no better off themselves,
they are even more sub-standard, ill-equipped nd also indulged in medical mal-practice too.
well,truthful to an extent. But the truth is that most gov-owned hospitals are better for the average Nigerian.Standard hospitals are available but expensive.Its crazy but true!
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by anselm791(m): 3:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
While the stupid real doctors are striking, chisom is making his cool dough.
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by lukaino(m): 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2013
The State Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, however, told our correspondent that private initiatives were an important part of the environment.

He said, “Private initiatives are always necessary in all human endeavours in all societies. That is why there are private hospitals, schools and all others. As long as there are options, private initiatives will always be available.

“Remember, the state is adding to her infrastructure portfolio regularly. Can the deficit be eliminated in a year? No. So we have to keep attacking, which is exactly what the state is doing.”

The tale of toll bridges and roads in Lagos already appears to be twofold. While the wooden bridges on one side, service a section of the state that is largely dominated by modest dwellings, the tolled Lekki-Ikoyi suspension bridge and the Lekki-Epe Expressway are servicing another section believed to be living in more affluence.

In the same vein, why don't the LASG shut down all those death traps wooden structures called Link bridges built by individuals across Igando-Ayobo canal? Its all double standards!
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by akins56(m): 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
oloriburku omo ale omo, where were u wen chime was recieving treatments abroad 4 months?, ain't there a gorv. hospital in enugu, nd are u in somalia when una "jesus on earth",PEJ was taken to germany for simple stomach ache just for eatin strong beans
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by foyeks2001(f): 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
Haba! Buroda mi, ko le to yen...alaye naa ni e ma se fun now...epe yi ti poju fa...e ma binu
akins56: oloriburku omo ale omo, where were u wen chime was recieving treatments abroad 4 months?, ain't there a gorv. hospital in enugu, nd are u in somalia when una "jesus on earth",PEJ was taken to germany for simple stomach ache just for eatin strong beans
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by pheesayor(m): 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
Which arm of gorvernmenr federal or state? Last time I checked even ordinary Primary Health Centers are well equipped.
Tell us the whack government hospital you've seen.
Ibanga p: Good, but u'll find out that these hospitals that are being shut down are private owned hospitals, and truth be told; how well-standard are the government owned hospitals? They are no better off themselves,
they are even more sub-standard, ill-equipped nd also indulged in medical mal-practice too.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:38pm On Oct 29, 2013
And how does that concern person like me that haven't been to hospital before and will never be there? Thanks to African traditional medicine....I DEY KAMPE
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by armadeo(m): 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
This thread is hilarious, shutting down pps due to substandard care. A step in the right direction I believe u shouldn't offer a patient care that u can't provide however can the patient pay for standard care

Its all part of the rot in the system, I have been to both public and private hospitals and I can tell u, good hospitals exists in lagos but the bill is insane, so pls go to govt hospitalif u can't afford private.

Also u'll see some old chemist who have started treating people becos of their long time selling drugs this then morph into private clinics.
U need to see one clinic I entered when I had an unfortunate accident and the man insisted I took him there, when we got there there were women in labour sitting in the dark in the waiting room screaming in labour pains I shudder whenever I think of this.

Anyway God protects his own.
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by ghananotnaija(m): 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
Doesn't it really mean that 80 clinics/hospitals that refused to pay bribes or paid to the wrong people were shut down?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by LadyH(f): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2013
ghananotnaija: Doesn't it really mean that 80 clinics/hospitals that refused to pay bribes or paid to the wrong people were shut down?
No. Oya gaan read it again.
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 30, 2013
we are getting somewhere....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by anonimi: 3:18am On Oct 30, 2013
Ordinarily a good initiative but the LASG should EMPLOY qualified people for REGULAR and continuous monitoring of all clinics & hospitals in the entire state not these ad-hoc shut downs, which will happen after so much havoc has been done by the quacks.
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by AyBelly: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
shocked
Tinubu: and i bin wan carry my girlfriend go abort pikin for orile o... fashola no try o
>:OStupidity at its best! angry
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by EagleNest(m): 2:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
If laws are enforced without fear or favour, Nigeria will be better place to live.
Other areas to beam light are, Education, Lands, Housing, Transport...in fact everywhere including churches & mosques
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by tck2000(m): 11:52am On Jul 20, 2019
Thats so little
Re: Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals by OgwuEgo: 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2023
foyeks2001:
As for me, I prefer govt hospitals to all these so-called private hospitals...Almost, if not all d FCT hospitals are equiped to some extents...eg Maitaima, Wuse, Asokoro...they also have the best doctors and they are also affordable...although I delivered my baby @ Federal Staff Hospital Gwarinpa(Federal Government)...mehn those ones too are really trying...There was even one Gynecologist Dr Anuma, that man na wizard(though I heard he schooled abroad)...me prefer Abuja Govt hospitals sha o...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Want A Chubby Baby? Then, You Need To Read This / FG Sets Quality Standard For Drinking Water / FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.