Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems (4861 Views)

My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars / The Genesis Of The Crisis Of Terrorism In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by 0monnakoda: 11:46pm On Oct 29, 2013
Eziachi:
Its an euphemism.
Euphemism for what
Stick to words you know old man
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by 0monnakoda: 11:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
ALTRUTH is here too
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by Eziachi: 11:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
0monnakoda: Euphemism for what
Stick to words you know old man

On that last word, I leave it for you King Solomon to figure it out by yourself as the old man need some kip now. Cheerio!
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by frankyychiji(f): 1:35am On Oct 30, 2013
@Eziachi, i cant believe u can stoop dis low. Cant u ignore this rat of omonnakoda? Na wa o.. All ur attempts to make him learn some good etiquette fell on dead soil yet u continue to labour. Too much oil in his brains. Cant u see?
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by IGBOSON1: 1:42am On Oct 30, 2013
0monnakoda: What do you mean by witch hunting? They both did wrong and that is all that matters.They should be punished. What are you trying to say because I don't understand your reasoning

^^^What he's saying is: innocent until proven guilty!
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by DerideGull(m): 2:36am On Oct 30, 2013
Anybody that got prominence through the backdoor always thinks any other person came through the backdoor. Yoruba people in Nigeria have gotten anything they claim to possess through the backdoor.
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by DerideGull(m): 2:51am On Oct 30, 2013
0monnakoda: Who is comparing triba thieves? Can you show a quote?

Not only do you talk foolishly you also lie. I criticized the young man who put forward the defence on the grounds that she was being persecuted because she is Ibo. My point is several Yorubas have been prosecuted and convicted. The groundswell of opinion in Yoruba land has not been to come out and claim so and so is being persecuted because they are Yoruba. How is that "comparing tribal thieves"

Was Balogun not jailed under Obasanjo.
When Nike Grange was sacked did you hear any Yoruba defence Youth league threatening fire and brimstone??
Here the Overwhelming voice from Ibos has been to defend this woman. How can you then characterize this as "comparing tribal thieves" You are consistent in your foolish utterances and I might have to revise my earlier statement about you not being a fool.
Why must the Ibo card be played now

The above is the same moronic desperation conveyed in Janaury1966 why the coup plotters failed to kill Okpara or Azikiwe. Jonathan should not go around firing any minister because most imbecilic group of people from certain part of Nigeria wanted to equal count of corrupted government official from western region.

Both Balogun and Nike Grange were irreversibly guilty on two forms of corruptions. The cases against the carpetbaggers were so glaring that blinds could see it. I had repeatedly deduced you are among ill-educated Nigerians who tend to debate issues on corruption yet the jackasses do not know the meaning of word-corruption.
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:24am On Oct 30, 2013
Eziachi:
Rubbish, you didn't celebrate anything. If there is law, Balogun would have spend the rest of his pitiful life in jail without any option of being released. When Bode George was release, some of you had a street party in Lagos, that started with a motorcade from Kirikiri prison.
That is big lie. OBJ condemned the party organized by Bode George to celebrate his release. And George, knowing the Yoruba culture, unlike that of Igbo that supports Stella Oduah, did not get even with OBJ.
@ topic. Igbo people are known for what the OP posted - tribalism and favouritism. We still remember that the former head of the Nigerian Immigration Service, Mrs. Chukwurah lost her position because she was favouring Igbo people over other ethnic groups in recruitment.
Ihejirika, the COAS, is under investigation for the same offence.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala sacked a civil servant from the north for an article he wrote against her favouritism.
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by DuduNegro: 3:51am On Oct 30, 2013
If Ibos make the mistake and allow Gej to hand over to a non-Ibo in 2015, then they should be prepared for a political furlough lasting 20 40 or more years from corridors of central power.

We want people who can competently move their ethnic region and the nation forward. Ibo has demonstrated a lack for either one.
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by naijaking1: 4:12am On Oct 30, 2013
For the sake of prosperity, let it be known that this is an official injection of tribalism in the grandest style into our fight on corruption in this country.
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by arsenalwenger: 5:35am On Oct 30, 2013
naijaking1: For the sake of prosperity, let it be known that this is an official injection of tribalism in the grandest style into our fight on corruption in this country.
Do u mean a fight against corruption using Yoruba standard? If the Yoruba standard of fighting corruption is witch-hunting other ethnic group that they perceived threat to their interest while turning a blind eye to their sons\daughters gross corruptions and embezzlements of public funds, then ur style of fighting corruption is no longer acceptable to sane minds.

1 Like

Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:24am On Oct 30, 2013
Dudu_Negro: If Ibos make the mistake and allow Gej to hand over to a non-Ibo in 2015, then they should be prepared for a political furlough lasting 20 40 or more years from corridors of central power.

We want people who can competently move their ethnic region and the nation forward. Ibo has demonstrated a lack for either one.
The fact remains that power cannot shift from GEJ, an Ijaw and southerner; to an Igbo, also a southerner. (Mind you I didn't say GEJ would handover to Igbo because the Presidency is not a baton, and Nigeria, not a rellay track).
Succession to the position of the President is rotates between the south and the north, irrespective of the number of ethnic group in either side. GEJ cannot be succeeded by another southerner, even from another ethnic group. The best option for Igbo people is to vote for a northerner in 2015 who would pave the way for them to get the Presidency in 2019 or 2023. But with the recent show of support by Igbo people for "our daughter" after the fraud she committed, I doubt if anybody will take them seriously.
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by 0monnakoda: 7:32am On Oct 30, 2013
This support for "our daughter or our son" is what you expect from SMALL TRIBES . Any group that wants to be taken seriously cnnot be seen to indulge in such talk.Anyway we have always known Ibos are a minority tribe with minority thinking
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 30, 2013
Shocking articles indeed!!
I hope the writer is picked up by the Police.
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by talktimi(m): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2013
Shebi FFK himself said he used his ministerial appointments to favor his people (ife to be exact) yet nobody cried when he was doing it, its normal in Nigeria although this ministry of aviation story is rather funny because there are still multitudes of SWesterners in the ministry and it doesnt bother nobody after all, the job is still getting done so you guys should give this a break

2 Likes

Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by Napoleondegreat: 8:09am On Oct 30, 2013
lygn19:
Ok let's get this, from sahara reporters-
-All of a sudden sm particular set of ppl start complaining dat aviation minister is marginalising them in d ministry, as a result of this they were calling for her sac, after a headcount was done it was discovered that dz particular set of ppl, from dz particular tribe makes up 64percent of workers,only 1 tribe 64percent.
-All of a sudden Aviation minister makes Enugu airport international,this same set of ppl went around d media and started giving false reasons y the airport won't be profitable, that didn't work they started saying enugu airport is dirty, that didn't work, they went back to there drawing board.
-They came up with another article and said the coming of international flights into enugu wud kill local flights, that one didn't work.
-A plane crash(agagu case) happened instead of them to wait for investigation, they started protesting that she shud be sacked, after d blackbox was decoded it was discovered dat it wz d pilots fault, they went back to the drawing board again.
-All of a sudden papers started appearing,b4 they cud say hoot this ppl started calling for her sack with utter seriousness, even though some of them don't even know wat d story is abt, only d source of d story wud tell u if its true or false.
SHUD I CONTINUE, coz dz ppl know demselves.

In case any body is in doubt of who these people are, let me throw more lights. They are the same people that betrayed their fellow southerners during the civil war. Same people that said that hunger is a legitimate weapon of war. We are talking about the people that gave and justified giving 20 naira to the richest Igbo man at war end. That is, the tribe that initiated and implemented the 'abandoned property' law just to get Igbo pounds of flesh. Have you forgoten that tribe that stoled the mandate given by the people of Lagos to Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe to represent them in the parliament? Ah! you don't know the people that started deportation of fellow Nigerians from Lagos to Onitsha in an odd hour of 3am after starving them for six month in their detension camp. It is the same people that gave their wife, daughters etc to sleep with politicians in order to keep their job during Obj regime. The people being refered to are the people whose sage "drank rat poison" following the frustration of not actualizing his dream after all his bad machination against Ndi Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 30, 2013
Smhw I just don't know what southerners did to the Yoruba ppl, especially Igbo's, if u look at every yoruba on nairaland u must see d word Igbo in 3 out of 5 of his post,
U ppl re happy that u re turning a majority tribe into a minority tribe, since 1970 till 1999 Igbo's have been marginalised in dz country, no single federal presence, all of a sudden we start seeing d light, and instead of our brothers to welcome it with open hands, they started looking for every means possible to frustrate us.
This same ppl re shouting Igbo ppl re from village yet they don't want our so called village to develop, they do everything possible to sabotage it, they said Igbo land is poor.
Nigeria practises federal character to ensure equality, there is no ministry in Nigeria that if u go tru d workers u won't find a yoruba man, there is no ministry in Nigeria dat if u go tru d executives u won't find a northerner, but there re ministries in Nigeria dat u can go tru all d workers but u won't find 1 single person from d southeast, of recent the senate was probing MDA's on federal character recruitment, and it was discovered that 3zones re being marginalized, delta north,benue central and d south east. Delta north is just a local govt, which we all know is d Igbo speaking area of delta, Benue central is just a a particular area, but u won't Imagine d ENTIRE SOUTHEAST comprising of d entire 5eastern states re being marginalised, and sm wicked ppl re shouting Igbo' s think like minority. GOD wud pay u according to ur deeds.

5 Likes

Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by nduchucks: 8:21am On Oct 30, 2013
Eziachi:

On that last word, I leave it for you King Solomon to figure it out by yourself as the old man need some kip now. Cheerio!

Mallam Eziachi!!!!! Welcome back sir. cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by 0monnakoda: 8:35am On Oct 30, 2013
Is it bullet proof BMW that will develop Iboland? Is BMW a sign of Federal presence.
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 30, 2013
0monnakoda:
Is it bullet proof BMW that will develop Iboland? Is BMW a sign of Federal presence.
K
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by 0monnakoda: 8:43am On Oct 30, 2013
Another Yoruba man appointed Soludo,Iweala, Akunyuli. Akunyuli's State indigenes even tried to assasinate her why did she not buy a BMW. All of a sudden this woman runs into trouble and instead of facing the music is trying to blame Yorubas without looking at herself.
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by russellino: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2013
talktimi: Shebi FFK himself said he used his ministerial appointments to favor his people (ife to be exact) yet nobody cried when he was doing it, its normal in Nigeria although this ministry of aviation story is rather funny because there are still multitudes of SWesterners in the ministry and it doesnt bother nobody after all, the job is still getting done so you guys should give this a break

You never see hypocritical, double standards finish o. When the minister of agriculture tried to procure N2 billion worth of phones for farmers we saw how they cursed and abused GEJ silly. Nobody mentioned the minister because he is yoruba.

1 Like

Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 30, 2013
0monnakoda: Another Yoruba man appointed Soludo,Iweala, Akunyuli. Akunyuli's State indigenes even tried to assasinate her why did she not buy a BMW. All of a sudden this woman runs into trouble and instead of facing the music is trying to blame Yorubas without looking at herself.
Is it not dz same yoruba man dat his ppl fought to a stand still?
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by delvinmaya(m): 9:35am On Oct 30, 2013
is it me or the link or rather source if the news talks about mini bus operators protesting in abuha, and you all are here fighting and debating crap, exhibiting dumbness of a particular high order. why this country is the way it is has just been displayed by you idiots to the world. you all scream tribe and shit. wanna ask if the yoruba man's blood green, or the igbos immortals? same bloody sentiments rather than objectivity that drove this country to war, still rules your mind. igbos here claim yoribas are thieves and cowards, Bleep that shit, you lot know that this same character is pervalent amongst you,same goes for the claims of yorubas. being human makes you just what and who you?. so what is it with the bullshit fighting?
damn, i just tire for una oooi
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by LemonBoy1: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2013
lygn19:
Ok, while u wait for it, I want u to open ur facebook account and search for sahara reporters, after u re done I want u to tell me what u think wud be d result of d verdict after looking at d source of d entire saga.

See sahara reporters every where, I don't even know which of them is the real one. Y d multiple Facebook accounts nah, do they for get their password any how or what? Yet they expect us to believe em
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 30, 2013
article:
I happen to be a member of the “fun-loving” Yoruba (as the
British characterized us back in the early days of colonialism).
We have a reputation for being hotly argumentative,
charmingly treacherous and highly pragmatic, as loose in our
morals as we are in our religion — at least according to the
Igbo, the other dominant ethnic group in the south. On the
other hand, it is said by some Yoruba that the Igbo would be
willing to sacrifice their own parents in the pursuit of money,
which they get largely by trading, sometimes in drugs.
Out of all dat article it is only dat part dat caught my ears, sm1 went to international media to rubbish another person, and sm ppl re here saying IGBO's are after YORUBA, 4 what ends, what re we to gain?
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 30, 2013
delvinmaya: is it me or the link or rather source if the news talks about mini bus operators protesting in abuha, and you all are here fighting and debating crap, exhibiting dumbness of a particular high order. why this country is the way it is has just been displayed by you idiots to the world. you all scream tribe and shit. wanna ask if the yoruba man's blood green, or the igbos immortals? same bloody sentiments rather than objectivity that drove this country to war, still rules your mind. igbos here claim yoribas are thieves and cowards, Bleep that shit, you lot know that this same character is pervalent amongst you,same goes for the claims of yorubas. being human makes you just what and who you?. so what is it with the bullshit fighting?
If we Igbo's re against d yoruba' pls I want u to go tru dz article, gotten from NEWYORK TIMES, by a yoruba man about Nigeria.
Nigeria’s Talking Shop
By ADEWALE MAJA-PEARCE
October 24, 2013
LAGOS — Mine is a country of 175 million people, who speak
more than 500 languages and are renowned for their inability
to get along. Blame usually falls on colonial map makers, and it
is well-deserved. But the reasons for our national discord are
complex — certainly much too complicated for most of the
international media to fathom — so news accounts of the
multiple antipathies among our 250 ethnic groups are usually
telescoped into what is known in the trade as boilerplate: the
Muslim North battles the mostly Christian South for control
of Nigeria’s oil wealth.
As a journalist, I know the difficulties of summarizing the
world’s mad doings. Take the bewildering violence of Boko
Haram. I’m as confused as anyone by the Islamic terrorist
movement’s motivations, tactics and goals — perhaps because
they themselves seem just as confused. In the beginning they
were against southern Christians living in the north, and blew
up churches to prove it. Now they’ve gone beyond attacking
establishment figures to slaughtering their own people — even
children — on the grounds that they are against Western
education.
Though he won’t exactly admit it, our president, Goodluck
Jonathan, shares this confusion, but — given the dignity of his
office and the reality that elections are little over a year
away — he apparently feels he must make a show of shoring up
national unity. Thus, earlier this month, Mr. Jonathan
inaugurated the Advisory Committee on National Conference/
Dialogue. The name is unwieldy, the goals uncertain, and the
chances of success dubious.
The fact is that our divisions are more nebulous than we
Nigerians are sometimes inclined to admit. There are, for
example, as many Muslims as Christians among the Yoruba
people in the south. Still, it would be unfair to suggest that
Nigerians, like people everywhere, don’t have stereotypes
about our fellow countrymen.
As for all the “minorities” in between, there’s no telling what
they get up to in their myriad languages, which few
understand, even if we all speak English.
So what, then, was the reasoning behind the president’s call
for dialogue — a call that took everybody by surprise? For one
thing, the timing was odd: Why, after 53 years of
independence, after civil wars, military coups, rivalries over
oil, Boko Haram’s murderous insanities and the brutal military
response that may well tear the country apart, do we suddenly
need such a conference?
Actually the answer is simple. We don’t, but the president
does. Elections are expected in early 2015, and Mr. Jonathan
intends to run for a second, four-year term. But civil chaos
and spreading corruption scandals do present certain
difficulties. Still, Mr. Jonathan is a schooled politician, and it
is clear that he has learned his lessons on how to navigate
through seemingly unsolvable problems: When you need to
divert popular attention and buy time, you can always call ... a
conference!
The president has been careful not to spell out any specifics.
He has merely constituted an advisory committee to
deliberate on “the nomenclature, structure and modalities” of
the eventual Commission for a Dialogue or Conference.
Nigerians are taking this bureaucratic gobbledygook in stride:
The conference is widely dismissed as just another “talking
shop.”
If national unity is so important, many people are asking, what
stopped Mr. Jonathan from calling for one at the beginning of
his tenure? Few of us are really fooled; we understand the
realities of power in a country where the scramble for office
is a do-or-die affair. Political power, after all, is the only
game in town that ensures unfettered access to the nation’s
oil riches.
Yet it would be unfair to suggest that Mr. Jonathan has
overseen the most corrupt government in Nigeria — not least
because it would be difficult to be more corrupt than its
predecessors. According to the United Nations Office on
Drugs and Crime, between independence in 1960 and the
return of democracy in 1999, Nigeria’s leaders and their
accomplices stole close to $400 billion.
Nevertheless, recent scandals offer plenty of room for
comparison. One concerns newspaper accounts alleging that
Nigeria’s minister for petroleum resources, Diezani Alison-
Madueke, routinely awards crude oil contracts to hastily
registered companies fronted by people not previously known
to be involved in the industry.
Another involves accusations that the aviation minister, Stella
Oduah, squandered $1.6 million on two bulletproof cars worth
about a quarter of that amount. This comes just weeks after
yet another fatal plane crash, the seventh under her watch.
Repeated calls for the dismissal of these ministers have been
ignored.
Nigeria is convening a conference on national unity when we
should be clamoring to end the corruption that lies so close to
the heart of our ethnic, sectarian and civil discord. The
decision to empanel a “talking shop” made of handpicked
delegates who are uncertain about the exact nature of their
assignment — beyond the fact that it will continue to provide
them with their own slice of the national cake — fools no one.
Given the ever-present danger of Nigeria’s implosion —
brought about by militants in the oil-producing Niger Delta,
Islamic fundamentalists in the northeast, ethnic cleansing in
the north central region and kidnappers everywhere you turn
— we fractious Nigerians are unified by one salient truth: We
all know that we cannot continue like this.
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by LemonBoy1: 10:08am On Oct 30, 2013
delvinmaya: is it me or the link or rather source if the news talks about mini bus operators protesting in abuha, and you all are here fighting and debating crap, exhibiting dumbness of a particular high order. why this country is the way it is has just been displayed by you idiots to the world. you all scream tribe and shit. wanna ask if the yoruba man's blood green, or the igbos immortals? same bloody sentiments rather than objectivity that drove this country to war, still rules your mind. igbos here claim yoribas are thieves and cowards, Bleep that shit, you lot know that this same character is pervalent amongst you,same goes for the claims of yorubas. being human makes you just what and who you?. so what is it with the bullshit fighting?

Guyyy, me weak sef. I open source nearly laff die

1 Like

Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by delvinmaya(m): 11:16am On Oct 30, 2013
lygn19:
If we Igbo's re against d yoruba' pls I want u to go tru dz article, gotten from NEWYORK TIMES, by a yoruba man about Nigeria.
Nigeria’s Talking Shop
By ADEWALE MAJA-PEARCE
October 24, 2013
LAGOS — Mine is a country of 175 million people, who speak
more than 500 languages and are renowned for their inability
to get along. Blame usually falls on colonial map makers, and it
is well-deserved. But the reasons for our national discord are
complex — certainly much too complicated for most of the
international media to fathom — so news accounts of the
multiple antipathies among our 250 ethnic groups are usually
telescoped into what is known in the trade as boilerplate: the
Muslim North battles the mostly Christian South for control
of Nigeria’s oil wealth.
As a journalist, I know the difficulties of summarizing the
world’s mad doings. Take the bewildering violence of Boko
Haram. I’m as confused as anyone by the Islamic terrorist
movement’s motivations, tactics and goals — perhaps because
they themselves seem just as confused. In the beginning they
were against southern Christians living in the north, and blew
up churches to prove it. Now they’ve gone beyond attacking
establishment figures to slaughtering their own people — even
children — on the grounds that they are against Western
education.
Though he won’t exactly admit it, our president, Goodluck
Jonathan, shares this confusion, but — given the dignity of his
office and the reality that elections are little over a year
away — he apparently feels he must make a show of shoring up
national unity. Thus, earlier this month, Mr. Jonathan
inaugurated the Advisory Committee on National Conference/
Dialogue. The name is unwieldy, the goals uncertain, and the
chances of success dubious.
The fact is that our divisions are more nebulous than we
Nigerians are sometimes inclined to admit. There are, for
example, as many Muslims as Christians among the Yoruba
people in the south. Still, it would be unfair to suggest that
Nigerians, like people everywhere, don’t have stereotypes
about our fellow countrymen.
As for all the “minorities” in between, there’s no telling what
they get up to in their myriad languages, which few
understand, even if we all speak English.
So what, then, was the reasoning behind the president’s call
for dialogue — a call that took everybody by surprise? For one
thing, the timing was odd: Why, after 53 years of
independence, after civil wars, military coups, rivalries over
oil, Boko Haram’s murderous insanities and the brutal military
response that may well tear the country apart, do we suddenly
need such a conference?
Actually the answer is simple. We don’t, but the president
does. Elections are expected in early 2015, and Mr. Jonathan
intends to run for a second, four-year term. But civil chaos
and spreading corruption scandals do present certain
difficulties. Still, Mr. Jonathan is a schooled politician, and it
is clear that he has learned his lessons on how to navigate
through seemingly unsolvable problems: When you need to
divert popular attention and buy time, you can always call ... a
conference!
The president has been careful not to spell out any specifics.
He has merely constituted an advisory committee to
deliberate on “the nomenclature, structure and modalities” of
the eventual Commission for a Dialogue or Conference.
Nigerians are taking this bureaucratic gobbledygook in stride:
The conference is widely dismissed as just another “talking
shop.”
If national unity is so important, many people are asking, what
stopped Mr. Jonathan from calling for one at the beginning of
his tenure? Few of us are really fooled; we understand the
realities of power in a country where the scramble for office
is a do-or-die affair. Political power, after all, is the only
game in town that ensures unfettered access to the nation’s
oil riches.
Yet it would be unfair to suggest that Mr. Jonathan has
overseen the most corrupt government in Nigeria — not least
because it would be difficult to be more corrupt than its
predecessors. According to the United Nations Office on
Drugs and Crime, between independence in 1960 and the
return of democracy in 1999, Nigeria’s leaders and their
accomplices stole close to $400 billion.
Nevertheless, recent scandals offer plenty of room for
comparison. One concerns newspaper accounts alleging that
Nigeria’s minister for petroleum resources, Diezani Alison-
Madueke, routinely awards crude oil contracts to hastily
registered companies fronted by people not previously known
to be involved in the industry.
Another involves accusations that the aviation minister, Stella
Oduah, squandered $1.6 million on two bulletproof cars worth
about a quarter of that amount. This comes just weeks after
yet another fatal plane crash, the seventh under her watch.
Repeated calls for the dismissal of these ministers have been
ignored.
Nigeria is convening a conference on national unity when we
should be clamoring to end the corruption that lies so close to
the heart of our ethnic, sectarian and civil discord. The
decision to empanel a “talking shop” made of handpicked
delegates who are uncertain about the exact nature of their
assignment — beyond the fact that it will continue to provide
them with their own slice of the national cake — fools no one.
Given the ever-present danger of Nigeria’s implosion —
brought about by militants in the oil-producing Niger Delta,
Islamic fundamentalists in the northeast, ethnic cleansing in
the north central region and kidnappers everywhere you turn
— we fractious Nigerians are unified by one salient truth: We
all know that we cannot continue like this.

typical of you to ignore my point, the op gave a link that talks about a strike byminu bus owners, yet he summarized a story that just might be a fraud. your link is about the yoruba man and what he tinks. not what others tink. surely you should him accountable for his views and not the view of the majority. his accusation seems to ring true concerning you.
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
[b]I wonder why my fellow Yoruba people are bothering themselves with this matter - you have argued and even tried to break it down by asking thought provoking questions which should get a reasonable person in a state a dispassionate quest for answers, yet you meet rants and abuses from emotionally beclouded persons.

Give this issue a rest already - the North is not losing sleep over it.

The country is at a place where if it is your son/daughter's turn at the helms of power and he/she loots then his/her kins have no business requesting equity or whipping the person in line.

Let's just give it a rest really - it is turn by turn.

The North isn't so vocal about it, so why are we? Soyinka, Falana and people of their league who have repeatedly fought for the betterment of all regardless of ethnic affiliation are mute - this should tell you all something. If we find ourselves there, we should support our kin even if they loot the nation dry. Any shouts and criticisms will be to the dogs.

Ever wondered why their governors are looting them dry while their states remain inhabitable and they run to the west? They deserve every ill treatment they get from their leaders.

All we should put our efforts into should be how to push for regionalism to be implemented, it is crucial for saner migration and cohesive development in the west.

[/b]

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
9jacrip: [b]I wonder why my fellow Yoruba people are bothering themselves with this matter - you have argued and even tried to break it down by asking thought provoking questions which should get a reasonable person in a state a dispassionate quest for answers, yet you meet rants and abuses from emotionally beclouded persons.

Give this issue a rest already - the North is not losing sleep over it.

The country is at a place where if it is your son/daughter's turn at the helms of power and he/she loots then his/her kins have no business requesting equity or whipping the person in line.

Let's just give it a rest really - it is turn by turn.

The North isn't so vocal about it, so why are we? Soyinka, Falana and people of their league who have repeatedly fought for the betterment of all regardless of ethnic affiliation are mute - this should tell you all something. If we find ourselves there, we should support our kin even if they loot the nation dry. Any shouts and criticisms will be to the dogs.

Ever wondered why their governors are looting them dry while their states remain inhabitable and they run to the west? They deserve every ill treatment they get from their leaders.

All we should put our efforts into should be how to push for regionalism to be implemented, it is crucial for saner migration and cohesive development in the west.

[/b]

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
I disagree with you that Yoruba are bent on seeing that Stella Oduah is probed and sacked, other Nigerians are. The Igbo, especially the ones here, have a mindset of labelling any person not wanting to make them have their way, a Yoruba. Have you forgotten how Camerounpride, Berem, Abagworo, Oby Ezekwesili, Rochas Okorocha, etc became Yoruba?
Re: This Is The True Genesis Of Oduah's Problems by naijaking1: 5:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
arsenalwenger: Do u mean a fight against corruption using Yoruba standard? If the Yoruba standard of fighting corruption is witch-hunting other ethnic group that they perceived threat to their interest while turning a blind eye to their sons\daughters gross corruptions and embezzlements of public funds, then ur style of fighting corruption is no longer acceptable to sane minds.
In the good old days,tribal wars were well delineated with bows and arrows, today it's done with intensive and organized media propaganda. Who would have thought a commercial disagreement with a Yoruba man would cause a hard working minister to be so vilified.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What The Constitution Says About Self-defence / Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta / Biafrans Knees Down On The Road To Beg Donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.