Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest (16468 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
The Roman Catholic Church Tuesday gave the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in Anambra State, Sen. Chris Ngige a clean bill over allegations reported in the social media that he attacked a Catholic priest declaring the story to be fiction and the handiwork of mischief makers.

In an interactive session with journalists at St. Patrick Catholic Diocese premises in Awka, the Chancellor, Rev. Dr. Chudi Peter Akaenyi affirmed that neither the church nor any priest granted an interview or gave such story to anyone and described the controversy as politically motivated to malign the Senator’s image.

According to Rev, Akaenyi, ”On that fateful day anybody knows that we had more than 1,000 people at the funeral ceremony for the mother of Most Rev. Dr. Paulinus Ezeokafora, the Catholic Bishop of Awka nd many people came. So we had a VIP space where we entertained dignitaries. I was inside the VIP and did not know what was happening at the gate”

“Sen. Ngige also came with his people and the Priest Rev. Fr. Evaristus Ezeokwonu was at the gate receiving the guests and he told Ngige that we cannot take all his people which he accepted. Infact the priest gave Ngige more number of people and he went into the VIP before the incident happened”

“Stories came to us that Ngige security aides attacked the priest and we drew the attention of Ngige who came out to ask what happened. Ngige asked for the policemen and we discovered that the police men were not those that came with Ngige.

‘’Later the three police men who actually pushed the gate came to apologize to the priest and they shook hands and we said ok. Nobody slapped the priest what people are saying is absolutely wrong and I can assure you that no priest would have been attacked. No priest or the church spoke to anybody.

“We know that during the political era people would want to do one thing or the other in order to achieve one or two aims. But we in the church, we do not get involved in politics we do not play politics. The allegation is absolutely false”.

In his reaction to the allegation Ngige said “It was politically motivated. I am a knight of St. John of the Catholic Church and as a knight we are soldiers of our Lord Jesus Christ and we are there to protect the church and the priest. That is the more reason why I must protect the priest as knight and the people who represent Christ on earth are Rev. Fathers by our Catholic doctrine.

‘’The Bishop is a Rev. Fr. before he became a bishop and the same with the cardinal and even the pope was once a Rev. Fr. and he personify Christ on earth. The person who is saying that I slapped a Rev. Father is hallucinating. I can’t even conceive it. I come from a very strong Catholic family and my background is totally Catholic”

“I wouldn’t even do that on a clergy man of Anglican communion or the Pentecostal church or Methodist because the doctrines are the same.

‘’These are anointed people and that is why my respect for them are undiluted at all. This season is season of politics and the people in APGA planted the story. They are clutching at every straw that they can find as drowning people. They are drowning, their ship is sinking and so they have gone into mudslinging. They are now throwing mud but if it is a joke I think this is an expensive joke. If it is mischief I think it is mischief carried too far and they have crossed the red line and I have a name to protect

“I have my integrity to protect and those who know me well know that I am somebody who cannot dream of a thing like that. So my legal team is looking at this situation and appropriate action will be taken in due cause.

source:http://m.?u=http%3A%2F%2F247ureports.com%2Fanambra-2014-catholic-church-absolves-ngige-of-slapping-any-priest%2F&h=IAQFiF5-L&s=1

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Suzie0(f): 11:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
. Dancing first of all... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Youngzedd(m): 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
Suzie 0.:

You don occupy my space and you must pay for the booking.
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by mankevo(m): 6:53am On Oct 30, 2013
Maybe they thought Catholic Church is Oritsejafor type of congregation.

My Catholic for aye!! ........................................AdaObi should feed us with another rumor please, its entertaining as we cruise to victory.

##TEAM##ANAMBRA##O'BAJE4AYE####

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by kokoA(m): 7:03am On Oct 30, 2013
Its a pity how low some people can sink just to tarnish someone's image.. Smh. Ngige is underway to victory already.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Eneze1(f): 10:15am On Oct 30, 2013
good for him
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by adaksbullet: 10:17am On Oct 30, 2013
Jus passin by

E pele o

Bee aru bee

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Luckygurl(f): 10:21am On Oct 30, 2013
All these in an attempt to tarnish his image.
I pity some people sha ooo.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by mesh33(m): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2013
I dnt nid a profet 2 tel me dat was a rumour. PATILIK uba & co..... undecided

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by wellmax(m): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2013
Hmmm, when will these people ever learn to play politics based on issues and personalities. These character assassinations, dirty games, false stories, rumors etc MUST STOP.
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 30, 2013
[b]Thank You Jesus.... Nairalanders, I keep on saying it: PETER OBI IS DESPERATE TO RETAIN POWER BECAUSE HE IS A CROOK. PLEASE LETS STOP ALL THESE PARTY ISSUES AND STUFFS. APGA MY FOOT; PARTY NDI IGBO MY FOOT! angry angry angry. MIND YOU, AM A CORE ANAMBRARIAN FROM AWKA; OKPUNO PRECISELY. WHEN NGIGE WAS IN PDP AS A GOVERNOR, HE PERFORMED WONDERS! AS A SENATOR IN ACN, HE SHOWED THAT HE IS EQUAL TO NONE.... ONLY LIARS WILL SPREAD PROPAGANDA THAT HE DID NOT WORK. UNDER HIM AS THE SENATE CHAIRMAN ON ENERGY OR SOMETHING, MOST PARTS OF ANAMBRA ESPECIALLY ONITSHA, AWKA AND NNEWI HAS BEEN EXPERIENCING ALMOST 16-18 HOURS OF ELECTRICITY PER DAY. I KNOW LIARS WILL COME AND REBUFF ME BUT ONLY GOD WILL BEAR ME WITNESS. CHECK OUT ALL THE ROADS THIS MAN DID E.G ONITSHA TO ENUGU THROUGH NSUGBE.... THAT ROAD CAN WITHSTAND ATOMIC BOMB tongue tongue tongue... BUT PETER PHUCKTARD ADAOBI IS JUST THE OPPOSITE OF THIS MAN. He deceived us with the Catholic church and the Holy Rosary.... You will see fools coming to tell me that this man is already self made before becoming governor! And so what? Does that mean he wont steal again? APGA has failed Ndigbos.... They lack any meaningful ideology or agenda. Till tomorrow, NGIGE's three years will be better than Peter Obis 8 years. Reason: Obi has no meaningful achievement in terms of development, infrastructure, health sector, sports sector, energy sector etc. Under Peter Obi, the Anambra State water board died a disastrous death. Its so painful peeps. Please Anambrarians, even if you hate Ngige, vote him because even if he fails us or even if he is pretending, he at least knows what is on ground. He has clues. Peter Obi is trying to bring godfatherism politics back to Anambra embarassed embarassed embarassed. But we are going to resist him. [size=16pt]Willie Obiano is clueless... he doesnt know anything concerning politics. He is just another Jonathan waiting to happen[/size] grin grin grin. Anambra state is a street state... It needs a street man to govern it... Whether you doubt it or not. [size=16pt]The reason am pleading with Anambrarians to vote Ngige is because Ngige is A lion and Willie Obiano is a sheep. A flock of sheep being led by a lion will always defeat a pack of lions being led by a sheep. This is because the lion leading the sheeps has the capacity to turn all the sheeps into lions while the sheep leading the lions has the capacity to turn all the lions into sheeps[/size]... ANAMBRARIANS, FORGET ABOUT PARTY POLITICS. VOTE PERSONALITY. STOP ALL THESE YORUBA OR HAUSA PARTY OF A THING.... Let us secure our future. I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR THE CRITICS OF NGIGE. IF NGIGE IS AS BAD AS THE PROPAGANDA SCOUNDRELS PAINT HIM, WHY DOES HE STILL HAVE MUCH POPULARITY MORE THAN ALL OTHER CANDIDATES? WHY DOES THE GOVERNMENT OF PETER OBI SHIVER AT HIS NAME? A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE. VOTE NGIGE, VOTE LIGHT! VOTE OBIANO, VOTE DARKNESS. wink wink wink[/b]

52 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Jeel: 10:24am On Oct 30, 2013
Him don settle dem abi na lie se him insult priest?
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Laslim(m): 10:25am On Oct 30, 2013
Tank God!
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Big4wig(m): 10:26am On Oct 30, 2013
Ofcourse they will deny it naa,abi u wan make dem kidnap am??....fear those politicians o cos dey can do anything to win...

Btw people need to STOP BOASTING…….

• Some are proud of Blackberry phones, BBM is
now even in Techno phones.
• Some are proud of ipad tablet computer not
knowing that Secondary students at Osun State
are using it free for their studies.
• Don’t boast about your Jeep SUV because that is
what some airport taxi operators use at Abuja
airport.
• Why must a Nigerian boast of travelling by air
when other Nigerians are placing an aircraft on
charter just to carry a corpse?
• Never boast of the numbers of degree you have.
World top billionaires are not graduates.
• Don’t boast of your beauty.-‘Charm is deceptive,
and beauty does not last’- Proverbs 31:30
• Never boast of your height. Aki and PawPaw are
worth over 50 Million Naira each.
• Be humble always. Whatever you are today or
have achieved is not just only because of your
hard work and smartness. The grace and favour of
the Lord is upon your life! Appreciate the role of
God in your life’s achievements.
Goodmorning ...

#BIGWIG

17 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:26am On Oct 30, 2013
Catholic all the way forced himself out of CAN dabaru politics.

Politics and religion which way?
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by egift(m): 10:28am On Oct 30, 2013
Another LIE from the vault of Fidelity Bank busted.

May God bless the good people of Anambra State. Ngige all the way.

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by ezedolar: 10:28am On Oct 30, 2013
Just came from onitsha on business trip, Ngige have upper hand

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Seequadry(m): 10:29am On Oct 30, 2013
Tualeh fun Piss dick piss......na der handwork

I lover ngige more lol .. Go ahead and correct me cs I know ur dying to
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by gratieao: 10:29am On Oct 30, 2013
I know its all rumor from the onset

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by imsparkling(f): 10:30am On Oct 30, 2013
Please do not be deceived by anybody on dis coming anambra elections. U all knw dat we want anambra state 2 be a beta place. SO VOTE DR. IFEANYI PATRICK UBAH of #LABOURPARTY he is d people's choice!! EBUBECHUKWUUZO 1 ........IJEBEGOOooo anyi kwu gi na azuuuoooo
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by tomzman: 10:30am On Oct 30, 2013
Right from the minute I saw the story, I knew it was false. Well, this is the season of competition but really, you don't need to tarnish anyone's image in order to win an election.
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Sllowppoisoon: 10:31am On Oct 30, 2013
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by inspirenet: 10:34am On Oct 30, 2013
tomzman: Right from the minute I saw the story, I knew it was false. Well, this is the season of competition but really, you don't need to tarnish anyone's image in order to win an election.

smiley
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by oboy3(m): 10:35am On Oct 30, 2013
“Sen. Ngige also came with his people and the
Priest Rev. Fr. Evaristus Ezeokwonu was at the
gate receiving the guests and he told Ngige
that we cannot take all his people which he
accepted. Infact the priest gave Ngige more
number of people and he went into the VIP
before the incident happened”
“Stories came to us that Ngige security aides
attacked the priest and we drew the attention
of Ngige who came out to ask what
happened. Ngige asked for the policemen and
we discovered that the police men were not
those that came with Ngige.
‘’Later the three police men who actually
pushed the gate came to apologize to the
priest and they shook hands and we said ok.
Nobody slapped the priest what people are
saying is absolutely wrong and I can assure
you that no priest would have been attacked.
No priest or the church spoke to anybody.
“We know that during the political era people
would want to do one thing or the other in
order to achieve one or two aims. But we in
the church, we do not get involved in politics
we do not play politics. The allegation is
absolutely false”.
Rev Dr Peter Akaenyi,Chancellor Awka
diocese publicly putting a lie to the Apga
stories that Ngige slapped a Priest.
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by yuzedo: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2013
so dat shot man devil ngi-gay bited a men of god and dey have forgive him just becourse of what? angry meanwile i went to visit d bishop of anambra to anounce my candidateness - cheif sweetus for govnore 2013 and d man serve me dodo minus tea!! angry cry i no wat to do. i tink is time to go to native doctor since church wont suppoth me. embarassed is time to meet juju in okija if god poeple wont suppoth me. angry angry

VOAT FOR CHEIF SWEETUS GOVNORE OF ANAMBRA by dis novembba if u wanted to have a damn hansomed govnore who love puppyduck. wink tenk. kiss

9 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by gbanikiti(m): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2013
Otito diri Jesu!

Na ndi ebe be! grin
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Decryptor(m): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2013
Catholic or no Catholic...
Attack or no Attack...
Ngige will still lose the Anambra Guber Elections!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Jayses(m): 10:38am On Oct 30, 2013
I don hear
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Omexonomy: 10:39am On Oct 30, 2013
Those APC e-FOOT SOLDIERs started it all if you are in doubt check "thankgodifeduba' posts on nairaland.
kokoA: Its a pity how low some people can sink just to tarnish someone's image.. Smh. Ngige is underway to victory already.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 30, 2013
Good for him...
Re: Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest by Emade(m): 10:43am On Oct 30, 2013
Only God know the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun State Pensioners Open IDP Camp For Its Members / Real Reason Buhari Didn’t Disclose His Candidate For 2023 – Shettima Abba Gana / Nigerian Govt Mulls Creation Of New Ministry Of Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.