Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Nigeria Women Cant Drive! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigeria Women Cant Drive! (13074 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by roselynbas(f): 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
And this deduction was made by...?
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Gracious10: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
Gini ka ona ako?@ topic shocked...I drive so well that my dad calls me "odogwu nwanyi" infact the man always step on his imaginary brake while I do my james bond moves...I therefore oppose the motion that men drive better than women! Am a living proof!
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
snika: It's general. It's everywhere. Not just Nigerians but most women can't drive

How about the men that drive like He-goats in heat Blaring horns, squeezing into every available space on the road, showing gross impatience and ending up causing traffic gridlock all over the place?

You guys are saying women are bad drivers? Agreed!

Who causes major traffic snarls in lagos, portharcourt, calabar, kano, kaduna etc?

Your danfo drivers?

What about the truck drivers especially on lokoja- abuja road?

Oh! Your okada riders are women too right?
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by smartg(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
runzlord: serously, nigeria women cant drive, they are just to scared, when u see a woman driving note that she is driving with one mind so take minutes before they make a decision on the road. If a woman is in front of you, you would almost cry, they would want to switch lanes, then they change their mind sort off, they become confuse and end of in the middle of the road blocking everybody at her back, and note she does this without traficating, in a nut shell an average nigeria woman drives like a learner or is a learner. Usaully when people drive like that or does not drive well, we at the back would just maintain and conclude it a woman thats driving and when the person finally allow us to pass, truly truly it would be a woman. Ive never be wrong on that. But the case is not like that in orther countries.
I highly sugest women should have their own logo. Like learner is a big "L", women should be hanging a big "W" at the back and front of their car too.
10 likes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by komek(m): 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
Nice one @ OP.

The truth of the matter is that the OP said AVERAGE woman no sabi drive. Whc is very correct. Some pple think when u r over speeding or overtaking other vehicles, that makes u a good driver. I don't know about other countries o, buh Nigerian female drivers are terrible. Some of them are so wicked. Some are so slow on the wheels when are they are not supposed to be.
My gf tags me a female drivers hater cos I tend to complain each time iam on the wheels about this women.

Buh in all, some are fantastic drivers o.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Ayab1203(f): 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
runzlord: serously, nigeria women cant drive, they are just to scared, when u see a woman driving note that she is driving with one mind so take minutes before they make a decision on the road. If a woman is in front of you, you would almost cry, they would want to switch lanes, then they change their mind sort off, they become confuse and end of in the middle of the road blocking everybody at her back, and note she does this without traficating, in a nut shell an average nigeria woman drives like a learner or is a learner. Usaully when people drive like that or does not drive well, we at the back would just maintain and conclude it a woman thats driving and when the person finally allow us to pass, truly truly it would be a woman. Ive never be wrong on that. But the case is not like that in orther countries.
I highly sugest women should have their own logo. Like learner is a big "L", women should be hanging a big "W" at the back and front of their car too.

If u meet me on d road u will have a change of opinion. I'll make u a believer. Yea I am that good!
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by paulohgirlie(f): 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
Partially true
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by LadyH(f): 9:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
i dunno hw to drive buh my mum sure kills the job. in d days of the peugeot station wagon, dat woman go get mind cntrl d steering of that kain car with one hand! dafuq!!
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by gothrones(m): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
To those who say women cannot drive, I agree with you. To those who say women can drive, I also agree with you. In fact, I agree with everyone.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by BB013(m): 10:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
Truly women cant drive.. here in benin where oshiomole banned bike lotta women carried their husbby/dada's car on d road..
Women re extra care ful wen driving.. wot happens wen u extra care ful? Mistakes which leads to bashing/accident.. but some taxi/bus drivers re worst. But women re worstest grin grin grin angry

Don't mind my English in d last sentence
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by BB013(m): 10:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
lepasharon: grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv0HkM0XiBs

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
My stomach hurts from laughing
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by jpphilips(m): 11:16pm On Oct 31, 2013

the moment school kids are on break, the road will be so free, once they resume and those steering chested women return, oh my gawd! to join a lane, problem, one will just park by the road side trafficating like they forgot themselves, they don't know when to wait for an on coming vehicle, they don't know what a single flash of light means, they don't know what full beam means, kai, i hate myself during rush hours on PH roads.
once it rains, the roads are free, just the least bad spot, they will get stuck, but will be too lazy to even come out of the vehicle to ask for help or even figure out the way forward, damn!!
i wish Naija was saudi, total nuisance i must say.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ayab1203:

If u meet me on d road u will have a change of opinion. I'll make u a believer. Yea I am that good!
okay!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 01, 2013
firestar:

When you state 'Nigerian Women Can't Drive!', it sounds like a stereotype: a tag of exasperation. You dig?
Yeah
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by jpphilips(m): 12:05am On Nov 01, 2013
oraclefemi: Not all of them , I raced a woman from Aramoko ekiti till we got to ijebu ijesha and she handled the Toyota Camry 2009 well and didn't let me overtake her all through and I was in a honda ridgeline..she blocked me all through intentionally . She gave me a thumbs up when she got to her destination and I saw little kids inside her car ..I was impressed !

yea! honda ridgeline is not the issue what is your own competence level?

I do free ways a lot of times and i don't even see them let alone compete, if you manage to see one, then she is not going far, mind you,the OP is not talking about how fast a woman can drive, its about the quick driving decisions that needs to be made?
how many of them know the size of their cars? how many of them quickly decipher that both of you cant pass at the same time, that the flash was meant for her to wait? how many of then understand that when their car is low on ground clearance, they need to cross over bumps diagonally, how many? do you see the under bumpers of their vehicles? how many of them know the techniques to minimize screeching?

I used a toyota corolla S for 3yrs with all the PH bad roads, i never lost a single compliment, my woman used it for 2 days and no single complement was left, the most baffling part was that she lost the side complements too, now how did that happen? a 6yrs old driver.
do they even know their lanes and who has the right of way on a particular lane?

My partner's wife drove into the office one day revving her car so loud so i asked her why she was disturbing the whole company? she said because she wound up, she cant hear anything, then i told her that she is driving on a very low gear hence the noise, she said " well, if i heard the noise i would have changed the gear" i was like WTF!! why the heck did Mercedes position a tachometer right in front of you?
mind you she has been driving for how long i cant remember.

women are road hazards.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 01, 2013
ms_ogey: @poster, you are such a chauvinist!
thanks
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by mkoabiola: 12:10am On Nov 01, 2013
Most Women can't drive very well but dey don't gv chance(s) in traffic tinking u want o take advantage of dier gender.
D few ones dat can drive very well ,drive pass james bond..
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by jpphilips(m): 12:22am On Nov 01, 2013
here: She is built to absorb pressure.That's why when both partners are at a place where their feelings are affected,the "she" is encouraged to drive.
The big question is,what makes a "good driver"?
I have come across good female drivers as also males but I find the female "mean self" quite funny.She acts like the world is out to hunt her and if she can stay longer on the road maybe she can prove she is superior and nothing you can do about it.
The good part is no matter how that is no male has crashed into a female driver to cause her fatal injury,wonder why that is;maybe the male within himself wants to protect her even if he doesnt want to believe it.If you think am wrong,consider the male-male collisions and tell me your statistics.
Men love to look at the other being behind the steering,doesnt matter if its a she;but some assume its lack of concentration.I admire the concentration of the females.
Males generally believe if they do not move their cars someone might come hit them.I do not know how can came about but its born out of "pls leave the road"
Yes many think males are impatient,but in typing there is a theory-females are generally faster but cannot last as long as a male.In that study its never used against a "she",wonder why the patience issue is used against males?
A good driver is one who has the ability to make the best judgment per time behind those wheels.I see wrecked cars and I know the drivers made the best decision.

In ship factories, only women are allowed to be crane operators especially where it affects heavy lifting, guess its for the psychological reason you put up there, however, driving is not just D, R and P, or stepping on gas pedals, it has to do with quick decisions, in a clumsy town like PH
where the roads are so bad and narrow, you need to see where poor driving decision can cause hours of traffic.
I cant say all of them are terrible but when i look at the underside of their bumpers, none has ever impressed me.
it is your defensive driving techniques that keeps your vehicle neat, it is your driving skills that keep ur underside intact, ask any panel beater you know how many women that weld their exhaust, you will be shocked.

I asked a friend of mine why most women on my street use an Suv while their hubbys use smaller cars, he said it is not love, they are just tired of patching the cars, that is a fact.
even most of those women arguing otherwise, majority of them don't use manual gears, i can bet some of them cant even move one yet you can drive.

you need to see the ones that hug their steering wheels while driving (forgetting the steering is equipped with an airbag) or the ones that pull their flat shoes for bare foot, grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 01, 2013
lepasharon: grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv0HkM0XiBs
Laugh wan kill me die! Esp the one trying to park!
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 01, 2013
adaobi123:

LMAO !!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
that woman trying to park was horrible! I swear 9ja women can be like that at times.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 01, 2013
whatever the case i can bet on my life that Nigerian women are better drivers than Asian women!
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Teminio: 9:26am On Nov 01, 2013
Nigerian women are better drivers. If women don't know how to drive well as suggested by this poster, how come the rate of accident is so high among the men?
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Godson201333(m): 9:27am On Nov 01, 2013
It is true and how many Nigerian women can drive manual cars?

They are always impatient on bad nigerian roads and also they drive sluggishly,When i see something going wrong with the driving of a car i definitely know that its a woman.

I hardly see women driving on our highways too!1
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by KelsAltair(m): 10:40am On Nov 01, 2013
That's not significant...its not like the men purposely wanted the accident or something
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by addictiv(m): 11:34am On Nov 01, 2013
Why do most people mistake good driving for speeding and rascal driving. It also includes vehicle maintaince too. I have only met 3 good drivers. 1 is my dad the other is his step bro and then a family friend. These guys are masters of anticipation in driving. A good driver must be in sync with his vehicle.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by deelobe: 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
I thought this site was for educated and enlightened people. When you make statements do not generalise except you have facts and figures. So you have no point dude
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by deelobe: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
jp philips:

the moment school kids are on break, the road will be so free, once they resume and those steering chested women return, oh my gawd! to join a lane, problem, one will just park by the road side trafficating like they forgot themselves, they don't know when to wait for an on coming vehicle, they don't know what a single flash of light means, they don't know what full beam means, kai, i hate myself during rush hours on PH roads.
once it rains, the roads are free, just the least bad spot, they will get stuck, but will be too lazy to even come out of the vehicle to ask for help or even figure out the way forward, damn!!
i wish Naija was saudi, total nuisance i must say.
Seriously! Am disappointed at you male folks. Such unscholarly and unfounded utterances. mschew!
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by budwizer(m): 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
I think the problem with a good number of our female drivers is that they are just mostly scarred to take the next step and improve on their confidence level after they start driving. Although I've come across a few excellent female drivers anyway.
I'm still trying to convince my wife that she dosent always need to drive bare foot after 3 yrs. Lol....
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Egbagirl(f): 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
budwizer: I think the problem with a good number of our female drivers is that they are just mostly scarred to take the next step and improve on their confidence level after they start driving. Although I've come across a few excellent female drivers anyway.
I'm still trying to convince my wife that she dosent always need to drive bare foot after 3 yrs. Lol....

That has nothing to do with good driving. It's a preference. Many times, women are wearing heels and some other crazy shoes, you certainly don't expect them to drive with those do you? Woman shoe no be d same as man own o. Woman own na fashion and fashion is not always comfy.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Egbagirl(f): 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
deelobe:
Seriously! Am disappointed at you male folks. Such unscholarly and unfounded utterances. mschew!

lol. Don't be disappointed. I am not sure if you are male or female but if you are female, your best bet is to ignore and do you. I doubt we will ever get to that point where most men begin to have a different perspective towards women (in general). Do you and be happy. If the next guy thinks less of me, he can go jump off a cliff. No time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution / These Are 5 Of The Best Jeep Concepts Created Over The Years / Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.