Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Nigeria Women Cant Drive! - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigeria Women Cant Drive! (13072 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
It might be true that 9ja ladies can't drive but honestly speaking, i like seeing them on the starring.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by ChiSun27(m): 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
baconline: That's very true,if the car in front of me is driven ridiculously, what usually comes from my mouth is ,it's a woman driving.dats how bad it is for me. Although I have met woman who are very good drivers

*met women
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by whiteroses(f): 10:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
I remember visiting Naij, drove an automatic and it was hell, i must have received approximately 20 swear words angry I was so discouraged I know you have to be faster in naij so in a built up area I was doing 40 mph unlike 30 mph that i'm used to it was still too slow for them. Then at lagos Ibadan express way, rather than doing 50mph but i swear people were doing over 100 shocked my heart could only take 70mph my intestine rising up and down I nearly threw up but people were still horning loudly beep beep beep angry As soon as I got to my street i started doing over 80mph cos I was so pissed off then people started cursing again -_- I dint realize the eruku was awoof. By the time I got home the white car was tinted brown grin Never again! In conclusion no one should call me from naij that someone died from car crash please, you shouldn't be running that fast!! Because it'll break my heart that that fellow committed suicide
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Ama28(f): 5:56am On Nov 02, 2013
Its so obvious this is based on stereotype and prejudice.
The fact that culture has tuned your mind to look down on a woman shouldn't be cloud your judgement in certain issues.
Education should have corrected this, so if you are here jumping up and saying "women are worse drivers" without fact, here is a question for you.
In your smart manly mind, how many accidents in Nigerian roads are caused by female drivers? What is the percentage of female to male drivers in your state. Answer this simple statistics and educate yourself.
Women are more careful drivers, its in their nature

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by jpphilips(m): 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
deelobe:
Seriously! Am disappointed at you male folks. Such unscholarly and unfounded utterances. mschew!

like I care
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by jpphilips(m): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
Egba girl:

That has nothing to do with good driving. It's a preference. Many times, women are wearing heels and some other crazy shoes, you certainly don't expect them to drive with those do you? Woman shoe no be d same as man own o. Woman own na fashion and fashion is not always comfy.

when you cant drive with your shoes, it shows that you are no where near being a good driver.
only if you know what driving is, your shoes are the least of your worries.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by soulglo: 1:28am On Nov 04, 2013
jp philips:

when you cant drive with your shoes, it shows that you are no where near being a good driver.

You are wrong. I wore 5 and a half inch heels the other day and I had to readjust the tilt of my steering wheel just so my knees would fit under. 5 and a half is not the highest I wear either. If you are wearing shoes that high and they are easy to take off it is actually safer to take them off.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by jpphilips(m): 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
soul_glo:

You are wrong. I wore 5 and a half inch heels the other day and I had to readjust the tilt of my steering wheel just so my knees would fit under. 5 and a half is not the highest I wear either. If you are wearing shoes that high and they are easy to take off it is actually safer to take them off.

I repeat, a good driver drives with anything including crutches.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by addictiv(m): 3:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
Cmon I have seen guys handle the wheels quite well even a one legged.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by soulglo: 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
jp philips:

Does he use his crutches on the brakes. There is no argument here. Even experts recommend that you do not drive in heels. Do we still do it? Of course because it is part of what we wear every single day. It is not recommended.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Egbagirl(f): 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
jp philips:

There is a difference between being able to drive with shoes and actually WANTING to. undecided undecided undecided That I can do something does not mean I ant to do it all the time. If I'm driving 500 miles and I have heels on, you think I'm going to drive in those heels? heck no! Come on, let's be realistic. Heels are not that comfortable to walk in not to talk of driving. Try wearing a pair of stilettos and drive in them, then come back and tell me what you think. Abeg, leave matter.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by jpphilips(m): 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
soul_glo:

Does he use his crutches on the brakes. There is no argument here. Even experts recommend that you do not drive in heels. Do we still do it? Of course because it is part of what we wear every single day. It is not recommended.

funny.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Egbagirl(f): 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
soul_glo:

Abeg, leave this guy o. He won't understand. I dare him to wear a pair of high heels and try driving in them.

jp philips:

And this is where I end it all. You really can't be serious with this post. Peace bro
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Egbagirl(f): 4:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
addictiv: Cmon I have seen guys handle the wheels quite well even a one legged.

Yes yes yes!! It is possible, no one is disputing that. If I'm driving an auto, all I need is one leg no? So of course, a one-legged person can drive a car (an auto) and drive it well sef.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by soulglo: 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
Egba girl:

There is a difference between being able to drive with shoes and actually WANTING to. undecided undecided undecided That I can do something does not mean I ant to do it all the time. If I'm driving 500 miles and I have heels on, you think I'm going to drive in those heels? heck no! Come on, let's be realistic. Heels are not that comfortable to walk in not to talk of driving. Try wearing a pair of stilettos and drive in them, then come back and tell me what you think. Abeg, leave matter.

Let's challenge him to drive for one week with 6 inch stilettos. With proof of pictures LOL. He will start a thread titled the wickedness of Nigerian women
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by mrofficial(m): 1:43am On Nov 05, 2013
I swear, poster, you're so correct. they are usually sluggish on express. Drive as if they don't have where they are going. They won't go and they won't let you go. I usually honk the horn to an extent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution / These Are 5 Of The Best Jeep Concepts Created Over The Years / Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.