Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

About Sap? - Career (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Sap? (144846 Views)

Lets Talk About Sap!!! / Knowledge Is Power! Lets Talk About SAP! / What Do You Know About Sap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 11:03am On Feb 24, 2010
@gofestac
You mean sap partners in nigeria dnt have enough projects,
They implementatns going on by sap partners are incorrectly staffed
That sap partners implement projects for the sake of it,
You also said Terp10 has no value, pls what is terp10?
Nigeria needs mentors certainly.
are you certified?
Are you on the tech or functional lane
How did you learn what you know?sap academy or private?
Did you read KIWI,MARKOS,FELIX posts before posting?
Is true you that you are determined to rip some pple off their hard earned weak naira?i dnt want to believe that.
Too many contradictns in your posts.
Nnaiah,are you motivated by gofestac's posts .NO. Why ?i ve seen scammers with foreign phone numbas at oshodi underbridge before
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
@ All

Nnaiah is right, I sent this guy a mail for the SAP IDES and he replied with an impersonal first name and lastname email account
If gofestac does not have an agenda why is he hiding his true identity from someone that he wants to do a supposedly "clean" business transaction with

@ Nnaiah
Please how can I get the SAP IDES Scorpio1 said i should get in touch with you. Kindly assist
Thanks

Stealth01
Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
I know someone who can instal IDES with valid licence till 2025.He installed mine in London.
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2010
@Denzel2009. Is this guy in nigeria and how can i reach him?
Re: About Sap? by crispgg: 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2010
Hi Briz,

Im in Abuja too and interested in getting into SAP, email me on crispgg@gmail.com so we can meet up and share ideas.
Re: About Sap? by Martinsite: 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2010
Hi Guys,

I never actually read the contents of this from beginning to end since I never had the time. I had a little time this past couple of weeks and I read all the posts.
Fine I understand most people are trying to help, but most of the information being given here are misleading, very!!!
I am a SAP Certified NetWeaver Consultant with over 7 years industry experience and several implementation projects under my belt and support for large multinationals.
I posted an earlier thread regarding delivery of systems for personal use and development.
Get the right information from one who knows, dont be misled.

Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
Martinsite:

Hi Guys,

I never actually read the contents of this from beginning to end since I never had the time. I had a little time this past couple of weeks and I read all the posts.
Fine I understand most people are trying to help, but most of the information being given here are misleading, very!!!
I am a SAP Certified NetWeaver Consultant with over 7 years industry experience and several implementation projects under my belt and support for large multinationals.
I posted an earlier thread regarding delivery of systems for personal use and development.
Get the right information from one who knows, dont be misled.

I think you should have corrected the wrong information you find not just criticise what those guys have been going out of their way to share with people here.
Re: About Sap? by Martinsite: 10:59pm On Feb 24, 2010
I understand Denzel2009,
But answering correcting every single post will not be short of impossible.
Not even you can be that jobless, no pun meant!!

That was why I left my contact,
If people are ready to get more info, I have no problem talking with them like I have done lots of times in the past. I even spoke with people on my own credit at my own expense!!!!.
What more proof do you require that I am all for making people understand and appreciate this ERP tool?

Martinsite
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 12:15am On Feb 25, 2010
@martinsite.
Pls what re the wrong info here abt sap?
Pls.do share every info here.
It will go a long way in changing lives.
Imagine if we all called or sent sms to oga markos,or the kalabari high chief-kiwi.
We need more basis guys to help bring down the cost of installing the ides.
@basis consultants
I use a partitioned HDD,vista os n my sap server.
Now i want to try my hands on installing the ides on vmware.pls advice.

@stealth. Whats ur mail addr?
Scorp,briz hw una see this gofestac?
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 25, 2010
@Nnaiah: here's my addy: cyberstealth01@gmail.com
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 25, 2010
Very good opportunity for any SAP gurus out there. Visit the link below.
http://www.bg-group.com/Careers/Apply/Pages/Vacancies.aspx?agency=global&newms=jj&id=59718&aid=12661
Re: About Sap? by gofestac: 11:37am On Feb 25, 2010
@nnaiah

I'll try to answer your questions;
Most people trying to get into SAP have the industry all wrong well at least what they think they know about it,
To be an implementation consultant you need projects under your belt and no amount of training whether sold by me or anyone else can give you that, ultimately it is down to you and the market forces that dictate or decide the enviroment you are in.

The Nigeria scenario is a little complex and I say complex because the SAP implementation are not bourne out of a real need for the technology and also it is hard to convice a client company to invest a large amount of money in something intangible. In developed economies SAP or other ERP solutions are deployed to serve a particular need and this makes it easier to the return on investment and quantify the result.

SAP Partners in Nigeria are trying their best in the conditions that exist, in the market space, however there is a skills shortage and it is diffiicult to tempt experienced people back to work for these comapnies because the payment structure is very different. There are some projects going on but there is not a supply issue as yet.

Another problem I've seen in Nigeria is the fixed cost nature of deployments that make it very difficult to have flexible timescales and what ends up happening is that consultants who lack experience force in solutions which are difficult to support.

If you really want to build a career in SAP first learn about the product and pick an area where you think you can bring the most value, then start learning how to map the business knowledge to SAP functions, for technical people learn a database(oracle MS sql) and network environment (Windows Server Linux, Unix) and virtualization VMware.

When all is said and done remember SAP is not a quick fix and takes alot of time and commitment.

I have been in SAP for over 13 years certified both technical and functional, certifications didnt add any real value but experience did.

anyone with specific questions can call 08074344026 till sunday

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by gofestac: 11:41am On Feb 25, 2010
one last thing in the days when i learnt SAP there were no academies and information wasnt as easy as it is today to come by. i was cross trained into sap in-house by a consultancy logicacmg.
Today information is everywhere.
Re: About Sap? by gofestac: 12:17pm On Feb 25, 2010
@nnaiah

I'll try to answer your questions;
Most people trying to get into SAP have the industry all wrong well at least what they think they know about it,
To be an implementation consultant you need projects under your belt and no amount of training whether sold by me or anyone else can give you that, ultimately it is down to you and the market forces that dictate or decide the enviroment you are in.

The Nigeria scenario is a little complex and I say complex because the SAP implementation are not bourne out of a real need for the technology and also it is hard to convice a client company to invest a large amount of money in something intangible. In developed economies SAP or other ERP solutions are deployed to serve a particular need and this makes it easier to the return on investment and quantify the result.

SAP Partners in Nigeria are trying their best in the conditions that exist, in the market space, however there is a skills shortage and it is diffiicult to tempt experienced people back to work for these comapnies because the payment structure is very different. There are some projects going on but there is not a supply issue as yet.

Another problem I've seen in Nigeria is the fixed cost nature of deployments that make it very difficult to have flexible timescales and what ends up happening is that consultants who lack experience force in solutions which are difficult to support.

If you really want to build a career in SAP first learn about the product and pick an area where you think you can bring the most value, then start learning how to map the business knowledge to SAP functions, for technical people learn a database(oracle MS sql) and network environment (Windows Server Linux, Unix) and virtualization VMware.

When all is said and done remember SAP is not a quick fix and takes alot of time and commitment.

I have been in SAP for over 13 years certified both technical and functional, certifications didnt add any real value but experience did.

@stealth01 - this is the internet

anyone with specific questions can call 08074344026 till sunday
Re: About Sap? by nairaner(m): 4:06pm On Feb 26, 2010
@ nnaih & all

If you go through the later part of this thread, you will see that people are failing to take the pain of reading through or taking advantage of the string of useful information readily available for everybody's consumption but wish to be literally "spoon fed". I believe this is what the ppl making offers have realised. ,  Its a matter of "Hey guys if you dont want burn time to get the resources at close to nothing, i can tell you all you need to know and have, but at a fee grin ".

Now its upto this set of people to make a choice. But people, if you choose to pay for these services,  thread carefully (remember say money go leave hand first, if nothing show then after inco? So get good assurances sha.)

Left to me, i believe all info required is on this beautiful thread. Its just a matter getting the time to sit down to explore and read read read as well as your ability to filter out the information you need from that vast information available. All this na d challenge wey dey.

@ Markos and SAP gurus/mentors in this thread

I am currently in the process installing SAP IDES with Oracle 10g db  on win. server 2003 (32 bit) and following a simulation of the installation process i found in a shockwave file.
But, during the partitioning phase in preparation for the installation,  the simulation creates a new volume using  the "striped" type volume.(Which is not enabled on my machine as i learnt i need 2 or more harddisks installed to use this volume type, which i don't). My question is is it ok to use the "simple" volume type(which is the only enabled option enabled on my machine) without experiencing show-stoppers at a later stage of installation or during usage?

Secondly, what limitations would i experience in in running SAP on what i have, the 32 bit  windows server 2003 as opposed to 64 bit which i read people recommend in various fora i have come across?

Will be grateful for your contributions as usual.

Thanks

- Naira
Re: About Sap? by Martinsite: 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2010
Naira-ner,

I feel u!!! but you have to understand, the information you get on fora like this is at best extremely limited.

About your installation, what version of IDES are you installing?. The major reason why a 64bit system/OS is advised for installation is due to the memory requirements for the IDES (also depends on the version).

Since you are installing on a 32bit system, windows for that matter, it means you can only have at most 3.75GB (windows 32bit cant address more than that. except of course you have service pack 2of any of the windows

version installed) available for your system. Most of this would be assigned to your IDES then your system runs out of memory and begins to crawl.

I have built lots of systems, IDES and production systems. Believe you me, you dont have to carry out you installation based on the shockwave file, you can build your system on a single volume.

Martinsite
Re: About Sap? by nairaner(m): 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2010
Hmnn nice to know martin. I am using the ECC 6 with IDES. And have physical 8gb of RAM with 600gb hdd. I actually have service Pack 2 installed on the win server 2k3.

I am doing all these with VMware machine (which has made learning life much more easier cheesy ) Any disadvantages in using VMWARE as opposed to partitioning a hard disk to have to bootable OS? I personally think the later is a pain lipsrsealed

Thanks

- Naira
Re: About Sap? by Martinsite: 8:06pm On Feb 26, 2010
The name actually is Martins, martin+s smiley

As long as you have a 32bit OS, only 4GB of your 8GB is actually used, The remaining 4GB is well, useless, unless you get a 64Bit system, then your complete 8GB will be recognized and be useful to your system.

Martins
Re: About Sap? by Martinsite: 8:32pm On Feb 26, 2010
Sorry, didnt see the rest of the post, trying to multitask with my daughter smiley
Since you are using VMware, it means therefore that you can assign more RAM to the guest OS. The downside to using VMware (especially the work station 6.5.3) is that you can only assign 2 processors max to each guest system.
I am presently installing an BW IDES system. You know, it never occured to me to try this on the VMWare server.
And you are extremely right dual booting windows is a real pain in the backside. Believe you me, there is no downside to using VMWARE
I have multiple SAP systems on my laptop.
A solution manager system 4.0, an ECC IDES 6.0, a netweaver 6.4 and presently trying to install the BW IDES, sounds like a lot for a laptop doesnt it, it actually is, but I have a monster of a laptop.
1.3TB disk space, 12GB RAM and 8processors with each running at 3.3Ghz (the intel i7 Nahalem processor). VMware allowed me to install all these on my laptop.

Martins
Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2010
Martinsite:

Sorry, didnt see the rest of the post, trying to multitask with my daughter smiley
Since you are using VMware, it means therefore that you can assign more RAM to the guest OS. The downside to using VMware (especially the work station 6.5.3) is that you can only assign 2 processors max to each guest system.
I am presently installing an BW IDES system. You know, it never occured to me to try this on the VMWare server.
And you are extremely right dual booting windows is a real pain in the backside. Believe you me, there is no downside to using VMWARE
I have multiple SAP systems on my laptop.
A solution manager system 4.0, an ECC IDES 6.0, a netweaver 6.4 and presently trying to install the BW IDES, sounds like a lot for a laptop doesnt it, it actually is, but I have a monster of a laptop.
1.3TB disk space, 12GB RAM and 8processors with each running at 3.3Ghz (the intel i7 Nahalem processor). VMware allowed me to install all these on my laptop.

Martins

Sorry whats the laptop brand?
Re: About Sap? by Martinsite: 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2010
Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2010
Martinsite:

customized SAGER.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=171297&action=customize
Thats a beast! I thought my lenovo is one but this is way up there.
Re: About Sap? by gofestac: 7:31am On Mar 02, 2010
@nnaiah
Yes there are not enough projects for sap partners in nigeria hence the demand for consultants is low
and even where there are projects the tendency is to bring in people from Zimbabwe,

Also the implementationns that are ongoing by sap partners are incorrectly staffed to deliver the solutions they
require, that really comes down to experince or having an experienced Solution Architect

Terp10 -  mysap erp integration of business processes

I am certified both technical or functional.

At the time I got into SAP we had no academies and I was trained inhouse by the Partner LogicaCMG

There are no contradictions in my posts.

SAP is not Microsoft Certification, so wether you purchase training materials from me or someone else
you will stiil need to get experience and in SAP that's the key without experience you can certify as many time as you like
its worth nothing What these materials do is give you knowledge that wasn't available 13 yeasr ago when I started out.

TERP10 is only valuable if you already have some understanding of SAP and want to be an SAP project manager and even that role is rare
in itself most time people who emerge as PMs on projects have Solid prior SAP experience, with the exception of NLNG.

And lastly only do what you are comfortable with and only take risk that you feel are worth taking.

if you want TERP10 Material to have look at email me at gofestac@yahoo.com
Re: About Sap? by gofestac: 7:54am On Mar 02, 2010
@nnaiah
Yes there are not enough projects for sap partners in nigeria hence the demand for consultants is low
and even where there are projects the tendency is to bring in people from Zimbabwe,

Also the implementationns that are ongoing by sap partners are incorrectly staffed to deliver the solutions they
require, that really comes down to experince or having an experienced Solution Architect

Terp10 - mysap erp integration of business processes

I am certified both technical or functional.

At the time I got into SAP we had no academies and I was trained inhouse by the Partner LogicaCMG

SAP is not Microsoft Certification, so wether you purchase training materials from me or someone else
you will stiil need to get experience and in SAP that's the key without experience you can certify as many time as you like
its worth nothing What these materials do is give you knowledge that wasn't available 13 yeasr ago when I started out.

TERP10 is only valuable if you already have some understanding of SAP and want to be an SAP project manager and even that role is rare
in itself most time people who emerge as PMs on projects have Solid prior SAP experience, with the exception of NLNG.

And lastly only do what you are comfortable with and only take risk that you feel are worth taking.

Re: About Sap? by gofestac: 8:14am On Mar 02, 2010
@nnaiah

Terp10 -  mysap erp integration of business processes

I am certified both technical or functional. At the time I got into SAP we had no academies and I was trained inhouse by the Partner LogicaCMG

Re: About Sap? by ademark1: 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2010
Heard the New SAP implementation project in N.N.P.C Abuja has started. I heard the Project is being handled by S.A.P South Africa.
Please if anyone has more information or details about how to contact the project manager please do post it.
Re: About Sap? by gofestac: 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2010
You can contact Bolaji Aboderin directly at SAP south Africa he is head of SAP consulting for West Africa

or contact Kola Aluko - Aluko resources or Victor Tobi they are handling the resourcing of the project
for Kola find anyone who worked on NLNG or is with serve Consulting Lagos, For Victor Contact SAP Consulting
at Deloiite in Lagos and ask for head of SAP Victor Opute to put you in touch. Good luck
Re: About Sap? by markos: 2:29pm On Mar 04, 2010
Can imagine the NNPC project must  run into millons of dollars for licensing and project resources, i imagine they will need SAP consultants with IS oil skills, my company has just paid over 4500 pounds for me to attend 2 manufacturing courses, 2 different SCM courses that only runs for 2 weeks at the clocktower head office near heathrow airport, these figures are so high!!! SAP charges loads for official courses, they must be making a killing in that aspect, most SAP consultants around Europe go to either London / ireland or Belgium to receive SAP training, I will be interesting to know their year end figures with regards to education, they have kept the same rates for the past 10 years, even more expensive if you want training for certification, you will be looking at 12,000 pounds

well i definitely will network with other consultants, always pays to take your business card as you never know who you could meet!!!

http://www.cwlgroup.com/index.php?com=etr&view=article&id=49

http://www.twintechservices.com/mcm/tts/tts-ng.aspx?articleid=34&zoneid=7

SAP e-training in Lagos
Re: About Sap? by blacksta(m): 5:38pm On Mar 04, 2010
Any info  on - SAP Testing  - abi this people dont test their Implementations or Upgrades  - especially in the area of SAP performance testing

cheers
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 5:08pm On Mar 06, 2010
All hail gofestac.
thanks a million times.
Re: About Sap? by leftone: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2010
U can study for SAP at new horizona in ikeja .I thinks its bout 600k for the course.
Re: About Sap? by sapicon: 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2010
As a result of high demand for Certified SAP Consultants in Nigeria and the world at large, you need to equip yourself with the skill for ERP jobs. You will agree with me that ERP skill is becoming the most sought after skill in the oil & gas companies, manufacturing companies, banking sector and even some government parastatals now.

We are offering to install SAP solutions software for interested persons at a very considerable rate. We also have soft and hard copies of SAP Certification materials from SAP Authorized Training Center. The materials cover the following SAP modules; FI/CO, MM, SD, HR, ABAP, BASICS, SOLUTION MANAGER, etc. Sample Certification Exam questions are also available.

The rates are highly negotiable. Interested persons should email sapubergurus@gmail.com or call 07028020311

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (48) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Salary Structure? / Welcome To My Office / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.