Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

About Sap? - Career (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Sap? (145126 Views)

Lets Talk About Sap!!! / Knowledge Is Power! Lets Talk About SAP! / What Do You Know About Sap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2010
if you want SAP MATERIALS RECCOMMENDED FOR tRAINING & Training IDES SOFTWARE ,at affordable prices .i can help you.and some insider information about SAP.
pLease call 07029539746, 08060146731
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 7:44pm On Mar 16, 2010
gofestac, suprised you are talking about arranging internships in nigeria which should 'cost a bit'. Is this cost payment for the internship programme or payment to the job broker? In addition, if anyone patronizes your business by paying for a server or server access, what guarantees are there that they will 1. Get it immediately or 2. support in case of malfunctions etc? Can you provide any references? You are based in the UK, you have not told us what system specs are required for this installation. Power outages in Nigeria, what effect will this have on the well running of the server? What servers exactly do you install?
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 8:07pm On Mar 16, 2010
@markos and ant01, the sap mkt is picking up again, thank God, but what are the prospects of getting placements or internships in Europe and how do you suggest I go about it. (I live in the UK by the way).
Re: About Sap? by okeyz(m): 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2010
hi sap enthusiast!!
i just saw this advert on 2days gaurdian calling for sap consultants with or without implementation experience,basis,mm,fico,logistics.
its in todays gaurdian newspaper ,couldn,t get the phone number of the guy,but its there u can go check it out.
cheers
wink
Re: About Sap? by bigmike: 11:20am On Mar 25, 2010
Hi Okeyz,

I have checked the Guardian of 23/03/2010 as you've hinted but couldn't find any such job advert. Are you sure of the date of the paper?
Re: About Sap? by okeyz(m): 11:55am On Mar 25, 2010
yeah!!!.
its there a very small advert space u have to look vey well to see it.the guy dropped his phone number as well as name, i think george or something,check well its there from page 4 to 10.
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2010
okeyz, I also checked. didnt find it. Pls can you post the phone number. thanx for ur help!!
Re: About Sap? by ademark1: 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2010
okeyz:

hi sap enthusiast!!
i just saw this advert on 2days gaurdian calling for sap consultants with or without implementation experience,basis,mm,fico,logistics.
its in todays gaurdian newspaper ,couldn,t get the phone number of the guy,but its there u can go check it out.
cheers
wink

I couldn't find it

Please could you type the message you saw or you could just type the email addy he said one should send his c.v and also the phone number.
Thanks
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2010
ade mark, as no one seems to find it, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2010
Hello Kiwi, Markos and the rest of SAP guys on Nairaland,

I want to say a BIG THANK YOu to all u guys. I stumble across this thread last year and develop an interest in the field.

I passed my SAP BI Solution consultant exam today.

I will not be where i am today if not for the advice of all of you.

Thank you with all my heart

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by winneijay(f): 4:46pm On Mar 25, 2010
Hi Kiwi 992,Markos,Felixv , A big thank you for all the info (information is power).

For the past 5 hours, i av been busy going thru the thread, i must say u guys did a great job most especially to Kiwi992 for responding to every post for the first 7-8 pages of this topic.

I have gathered all the info on these thread and i am ready to embark on the journey. I intend to go for SAP BASIS as my background is IT.

I have tried to register on the amader forum but it is saying that registration has been disabled by the Administrator. please anybody with any anonymous username shld please send it to my email, so that i can use it to log - in and downalod the materials.

Also, anybody with any ebook on BASIS as well as the ECC IDES 6.0, should please assist.

my email address is winnieijay@yahoo.com
Re: About Sap? by winneijay(f): 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2010
@ Alutaa, a big congrats to u,

Please, did u do self study or u did the 4 weeks training thingy and did the exam. Did u do it in Nigeria? if so where

Is your background IT?

Kindly avail us of any material that will be helpful.

10q
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2010
My back ground is in Petroleum engineering but i am a bit versatile with geology and reservoir data maintenance and reservoir simulation software utilization.

I did self studies but i compare note with 2 of my friends that paid for their training. By doing that, i was able to mapped the area that i need to concentrate on.

I used their laptop that contain install IDES for practice
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2010
I took the exam at SAP lab, London

If any one need the training materials that i use, i can upload it.
Re: About Sap? by b2n1z9: 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2010
Please I will appreciate it if you can send the materials to me at ebeiyamba@gmail.com, thanks a lot alutaaa
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2010
Guys, I am based in London and I am SAP certified with a distinction (89%) in SD (SCM) You dont have to believe all you hear from people. First I will tell you that SAP is not easy. it is very rewarding, but you need to persevere. Certification gives you an edge, in that you know the stuff thoroughly, but what matters most is experience. As a fresher, you will have to work with an end-user or super-user for a while before you start contracting. Or, if you have studied and gotten certified (because that is the only way to be sure you have covered all neccesary ground) you can be an intern for a while and get on a life cycle implementation as a support consultant. Having said that, Ithere is no need to wait for anyone to send u ceretification materials. You can google them and depending on ur module look for the following: IF FICO - YOU NEED THE COMPLETE TAFI books. If SD you need TASD books, If MM, you need TAMM books and so on. Everything that comes out in the exams (multichoice questions, of which you must score minimum of 70%) comes from those materials. I have my own SAP ECC 6.0 server which I use to practice at home, this is easy to get if you have the right specs on your laptop or desktop. Please do as I did and help yourself.
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2010
I can offer a bit of advice on certification and the way to go but you should also be willing to help yourself. Nobody spoonfed me or anyone i know who has made it in this industry. Its all down to hard work , determination and dedication. Im not saying I have made it yet o, but with God on my side, Im sure Im on the right track. Lets share info and assist each other.
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 25, 2010
Re: About Sap? by markos: 9:55am On Mar 26, 2010
Congratulations to those that passed the certification!! no doubt you are only a step away from starting a career in SAP, all you need now is experience, for those in the UK, try square one resources, they are quite good at placing candidates, also register in linkedin, thats a good way to build networks, i believe they even have a nigerian SAP users group in there, i believe SAp wil make inroads in the Africa market this year, the big players will have to implement SAP as their business software sooner or later, your skills might be needed, all you need is lifecycle experience under your belt, definitely not impossible

To Alutta, the new certified consultant with petroleum experience, you are probably sitting on a goldmine, you should consider IS oil experience, you already have the background well suited to the oil & gas market, all you need is that extra SAP IS oil solution, getting training is quite limited though, even SAP head offcie in the UK only offer interactive training sessions and will still knock you back 500-2000 pounds
Re: About Sap? by markos: 10:13am On Mar 26, 2010
SAP live roles in Nigeria, not sure the accuracy of these job adverts, you can verify if they are indeed live roles

http://www.careerjet.hk/wsearch/jobs?s=sap&l=Nigeria&lid=113795
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2010
Good day
i had a little problem with my IDES sometime ago,i made a little effort to

repair but lost patience,formatted and reinstalled the IDES

My machine is partioned into vista and windows server 2003

on the windows side i used tune up utilities to optimize the system but after

that i tried using my IDES for training and it keeps giving me this error.This

error message was the same with the first one that made me format and reinstall

the IDES

This time i dont want to format,i want to really solve this with YOUR assistance

when all done fails then i will format and install again

this is the error message
SAP 710
Connection to partner 10.10.10.34:sapdp00 broken
WSAECCONNRESET:Connection reset by peer

DETAILED error
SAPGUI710
Time Fri Mar 25
Componet NI(( network interface)
Release 710
version 39
module nixxi.cpp
line 4854
method NI Readtongue=10.10.10:34:3200 L=0001085
Return code -6
Sys call recv
Error no 10054
Error text WSAECconnreset:connection reset by peer
counter 1

I NEED YOUR EXPERIENCE IN ANALYSIS OF THIS ERROR AND A SOLUTION TO SOLVING IT.
Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 3:40pm On Mar 26, 2010
^^^ What I have realised is that its best to dedicate a system to the IDES and not connect to internet on it or instal any AV or optimizers. These optimizers and anti virus packages pick up files SAP uses as obsolete or malware and remove them from the system thereby causing errors when you try to run Sapserver. Just my observation though.
Re: About Sap? by AbusM(m): 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
Hi Alutaa, and everyone, my background is physics without any special computer programming or engineering skills but i do know how to use the computer so well. I contacted a training centre in India (Genovate) and was advised after sending my CV to go for SAP HR module. Pls Alutaa and the general house help send materials you think i ll need to begin my dream career. I need this ASAP as im looking to write the exam before the year end.

my email is abbmesq@yahoo.com

God bless you.
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 4:40pm On Mar 26, 2010
Hi Abu$M, i am trying to understand why you had to get advise on what core competency or module would suit you. Ideally I would have expected that it should depend on what interests you have. Before you finally start on HR, have you researched all the other SAP options available? Secondly, there are new solutions that may be more geared towards your physics background than HR. have you considered those? like IS Oil and Gas and IS Pharma. I want to believ you have researched all that and settled for HR. Dont misunderstand me, HR is also in high demand but u need to be sure before embarking on the path. All the best.
Re: About Sap? by AbusM(m): 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2010
Thanks so much sappiel>>> infact i have not had time to research like you said, but i just did a few minutes ago and discovered IS Oil and gas, believe me i think thats what i want. Could be pls info me more on this. I need your guide seriously. I m determined to get through with SAP, may i mail you pls? i need your contact.
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2010
Abu$M, im happy I was of some use . Im certified in SCM (Supply Chain Management - SD), so i dont know much about O&G, but you can ask on this forum and I saw some posts yesterday from people towing that path. On the other hand, (as well) spend good time googling SAP IS-Oil and Gas and have a jotter besides you, I can assure you, you will learn a lot to enable you chart your study pattern. I advice that you search SAP IS-OIL AND GAS CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS, it should help.
Re: About Sap? by AbusM(m): 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2010
Thansk so much sappiel, im doing that right now, how ever i would still like to have your contact, so i could be updating you from time to time as i climb up the steps. Again if u ve got an idea of the ideal place to take the eaxm and possibly some industrial / practical internship, do let me know. For once, i would be dedicating my energy to this career path and i know God will fix it for me. Thanks so much
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2010
Another important tip for people who are self studying (I did!!!), is that you go and google CERTIFICATION COURSES for your module. copy the course outline, and start googling each of the course topics individually, you are likely to find free ones , some sites that have a lot of free sap stuff are scribd, slideshare and look for the rapidshare links. (This info im giving you is FREE, and it was from my long hours of research!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). also, join linkedin and look for groups that relate to your field, and a useful place to start may be SAP CONSULTANTS OF NIGERIAN ORIGIN. Invite some members and they may be able to assist you. I am a lady who works very hard and believe that the surest way to success is hard work!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Sap? by AbusM(m): 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2010
Oh yeah Sappiel, you are adarling, i can't appreciate you more, i ll do all you said and trust me, i ll share my testimony. I have lost so much years after graduation, and lost so much flair and so much energy. For some time now i have been thinking, of the sure direction to regain the lost time and stay ahead, and i knew SAP is the way. It pleases me to find out that SAP is alot of hard work as such, i ll do everything i can to bring it down. like markos and kiwi, i ll be posing up there soon.

Thansk alot sappiel,
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2010
Abu$M, I live in the UK so im not sure about exam centres anywhere else. However, please spend the next 6 months studying hard and perfect the requirements before you start looking for internships. Its not easy o! But trust God. SAP is very rewarding with people earning in the region of £1000 per day, but you have to work EXTREMELY HARD! One thing I will advice anyway (free info again) is that you look for jobs no matter how low in a company that uses SAP and stay there for 6 months to a year, it counts for experience, and after that, the sky is the limit. You can start contracting .

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (48) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Salary Structure? / Welcome To My Office / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.