Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

About Sap? - Career (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Sap? (144912 Views)

Lets Talk About Sap!!! / Knowledge Is Power! Lets Talk About SAP! / What Do You Know About Sap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Sap? by ethicalUser(m): 7:21am On Jun 12, 2013
This one of the most educative threads on NL lets try as much as we can to keep this group alive. Thanks to Kiwi,Markos and the rest who have been very helpful to newbies here.
Re: About Sap? by markos: 7:20am On Jun 13, 2013
whats the latest in your SAP career, this thread is quiet, have people realised that there are no cutting corners in the SAP world, have people realised SAP career can take up to 10 years before you start earning decent money?? whats your thoughts?

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by esere826: 7:59am On Jun 13, 2013
markos: whats the latest in your SAP career, this thread is quiet, have people realised that there are no cutting corners in the SAP world, have people realised SAP career can take up to 10 years before you start earning decent money?? whats your thoughts?

shocked 10 yrs!!!?? there goes my SAP dreams
So if SAP is overtaken by a new ERP, I wld have lost all my investment
Re: About Sap? by crispgg: 9:00am On Jun 13, 2013
markos: whats the latest in your SAP career, this thread is quiet, have people realised that there are no cutting corners in the SAP world, have people realised SAP career can take up to 10 years before you start earning decent money?? whats your thoughts?

Might not take that long actually.

The truth is that consulting opportunities in Nigeria are not in abundance. But I do know that Nigerian consultants with as low as two years of experience are getting good jobs in the middle east and some parts of Africa.

It could be frustrating considering the investment required to become certified. And the job itself can be quite stressful. But there is still hope. Nigeria is still virgin as far as SAP is concerned. If our economy improves considerably and more corporations are able to afford the software, things will get better.

2 Likes

Re: About Sap? by extern: 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
SAP CERTIFICATION/ SUPER USER TRAINING

SAP Financial Module Certification and Super User training in Abuja

I am offering certification/Super User training on the SAP Financial module in Abuja.

You will benefit from one on one contact with a certified and experienced FI Consultant.

Get all the knowledge required to pass the certification exams at a single sitting. Materials, past questions, tips and tricks with insider information on the SAP industry in Nigeria will be provided.

For more information email or call:

extern146@gmail.com

Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2013

Latest...........learning more about SAP HANA using the free OPENSAP online programme. Looking into SAP FIORI too.

Practicing SAP BODS and considering the certification before December. Another area i want to target is SAP Mobile.

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 7:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
alutaa:

Latest...........learning more about SAP HANA using the free OPENSAP online programme. Looking into SAP FIORI too.

Practicing SAP BODS and considering the certification before December. Another area i want to target is SAP Mobile.

Yeah with BYOD gaining ground now, it's a no brainer.
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
denzel2009:

Yeah with BYOD gaining ground now, it's a no brainer.

@ Denzel

Yeah..........you are right. But, most BOYD business application are still in their infancy stage especially SAP. In my company, the user are still not comfortable with the idea yet.Moreover, there is a big issue with BOYD security which most companies still battle with. As a developer, i still prefer the old fashion Desktop and laptop.
BOYD can be good for few upper management and few business decision maker but definitely not all.
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2013
Thank Gurus for these vital information.
The only challenge is that project work exp is scarce in this part of the world
Thank You
Taiwo
Re: About Sap? by markos: 10:30am On Jul 03, 2013
How to transform yourself from a fresher to an expert SAP Consultant?
Posted by Ravi Sankar Venna in SAP Certification on Jul 3, 2013 7:39:34 AM

inShare.1

You cannot transform yourself from a fresher to an expert SAP Consultant in overnight. It needs lot of commitment, dedication, sacrifice, effort, expertise and ability to become a reliable SAP Consultant. Unfortunately, there is no short cut to achieve this. Many people are of the opinion that the SAP Certification would bridge this gap however, in fact, it is not. SAP Certification would probably give you a better marketability, however, it does not make you complete SAP Consultant. For that matter, none of the Certifications in the market can you make you an expert consultant . Many people have asked me that they are interested in SAP and wanted to know how to become a good SAP Consultant? Unfortunately, there is no short cut to become an expert SAP Consultant. There could be some people who followed short cut methods to become SAP Consultants, however, unfortunately, those consultants are only paper consultants. SAP Consultant jobs are lucrative, at the same time, they are mixed with hard work, lot of sacrifices, enormous amount of reading and flexibility to adopt new situations. Those consultants who have the real passion can only become the recognized consultants, remaining all become just workers working for salary. Your reputation lies in your hands by helping the people across the borders. You need to stretch yourself to level of helping people with selflessness and give them the real guidance possible.

There are number of qualities that are required to become a successful SAP Consultant. good education, business process knowledge, good configuration skills, communication, team playing, understanding the business needs, quality documentation, reading ability, sharing knowledge and many more. A certification cannot make you a successful consultant in a day, however, it would help you in your life long career journey. Nothing can replace your hard work. To become a great SAP consultant is a long term process, learning new points on a daily basis and constructing a palace of knowledge over a period is key to your success. The way SAP is coming up with new technologies, it is always difficult for the consultants to maintain that pace throughout their career. If you have a great listening quality, then you will always be open to learn new things. Learning is a process of life and there is no end to it. It is the greatest quality of any good quality SAP consultant. Furthermore, you should always willing to share the knowledge, rather than hiding it in your head. Many SAP consultants, lacking this great quality. The more you share, your knowledge would be doubled, unlike money.

Many people have asked me how I can become a good SAP Consultant. My only answer is passion. Without passion, we cannot be successful in what we do. I see myself SAP Consultancy is also skill like swimming. Before I learn swimming, I was always wondering how the people swim. Though I was so passionate for swimming, I did not know how to swim it. Once I learned swimming, then compete with other people and learning all other new skills. Similarly, the people who aspiring to become a good SAP Consultant, also must be wonder, how can they become a good SAP Consultant. Read as much as you can, practice whenever you find time and listen to what mentors are saying. Never feel you have reached a pinnacle once you become a SAP Consultant. Becoming SAP Consultant is not the end of story, it is the start of new life and new journey. New life also gives you more challenges, more awards, rewards, and sacrifices to achieve what you want in life. Learning new skill is always a challenge, to become a master in that skill it would take years together. Therefore, to become a great consultant, learn SAP with authority and do not keep any gaps in conceptual knowledge and basic fundamentals. If your fundamentals are strong, then you can build a great palace.

Many people try to fake / exaggerate their CVs to become consultants. Never try to do such things. It would hunt you for life. What you know is what you know. What you do not know is what you do not know. There is always a tomorrow to learn something new and exciting. There is no shame to accept that you do not know something. There is no hard and fast rule that you should know everything in this world. It is unlikely and not possible. There are also many people who are really reluctant to share their knowledge. Furthermore, they would discourage the people who are intending to share the knowledge with true spirit. Forget about SAP Consultant, being a social animal, every individual in the society has an ethical responsibility to share something and help the society. The life is only fruitful when you share something to this world and help the fellow human beings. If we are only taking and fail to give anything back to the society, then there is no difference between animal and us.

Though following qualities are not comprehensive list to become a good SAP consultant, however, they would immensely helpful in their life long journey.

Good Education

Strong Education is the great foundation for any knowledge based profession. Just becoming a graduate or becoming a MBA is not everything, cannot be called as a good education. Always stretch yourself to toughest professional courses, which will take your knowledge levels to a new a level. Always try for the new professional courses, which test the waters. You should have a zeal from the childhood to have good education. Good education does not mean that studying in great B-schools. Good education always comes from within the individual, that spirit would push you towards learning new skills, subjects and technologies. Unless, you have strong inclination towards learning and education, it is always not possible to become a good consultant. For example, if you are a chartered accountant or management accountant, it would always immensely help you to become a good financial consultant.

Business Process Knowledge

Good SAP consultant should always have sound business process knowledge. What is this business process knowledge? The process surrounded at each business activity / item. To make it simpler, when you are working in an organisation, you would see number of jumbling words. For example, credit note, debit note, invoice, bank statement, good received note, inventory control, stock taking, balance sheet, profit and loss account, trail balance, purchase returns, production, planning, forecasting, budget, cash flow statement, cost sheet, funds flow, standard cost, marginal cost, fixed cost, materials, purchases, hedging, negotiable instruments, inter-bank clearing, banking operations, petty cash, procurement, purchase order, purchase requisition and what not. Now the question is how can I improve my business process knowledge? Business processes are dynamic and need not necessarily they are same within the industry. It may change from company to company. You need to understand each such word in detail and understand the business process flow surrounded by it. The important things to know is what is the triggering point for this activity and what are the subsequent business activities that are going to be followed. If you work, on these items, over a period of time, you would get good base of business process knowledge.

Configuration Skills

Configuration Skills are the most important skills for any SAP Consultant. Unless, you master in this area, you are not going to get the confidence in any project and you will be dependent on other people. You should be master yourself not only just configuring the system, but also needs to understand the impact from end user point of view. There are number of consultants reluctant to put their hands on the key board, however, intended to become master consultants, that is never going to be happened. I have observed number of consultants, they would never take the ownership of doing anything on SAP system, however, sit next to you by just watching and talking. If you are going into that mode, you are never going to be a SAP Consultant. The number of times you are going to configure and follow the business process / end user documents, it would give great confidence. Therefore, try to gather configuration documents and do as much practice as you can. Exploring the options in system gives you enough confidence, as the troubleshooting skills are very required for SAP Consulting profession.

SAP Help

SAP Help is like a Bible. Every day start reading sap help. http://help.sap.com SAP help is written with utmost care by experts. The more number of times that you are reading it would give enormous conceptual clarity. Whatever be level of your skill and knowledge in SAP, you should never forget reading SAP Help. SAP Consultants who mastered has spent thousands of hours reading this. You need to have many years reading on daily basis and it is not an easy job. Many people find it difficult to read huge amount of text regularly and religiously. At one point when the consultants become good in their own area, they tend to ignore reading this. They would refer only as and when required. However, in my opinion, reading SAP Help is habit that needs to be practiced in case if you need to transform yourself to a great consultant.

SAP Community Network

Over the years, SAP Community Network http://scn.sap.com/ has transformed itself to a rich source of SAP knowledge. SAP should itself feel proud of what a great platform that they have created to bring together the thousands of consultants across the globe. Points etc. has motivated number of people to contribute to the great extent. More than points, it is knowledge that is being shared through forums, articles, blogs, videos etc. are really amazing. Without being part of SAP Community Network, I do not consider you as a SAP Consultant. You may be highly knowledgeable, however, without that being shared for the community, there is really not much value. I do not think you would get any better platform to share your knowledge than this and get recognized. It is always worth to contribute / read the forums on a daily basis. This good habit would keep yourself with good amount of knowledge. Please do not only ask questions, try to share / answer whatever you can. There are number of people only tend to ask questions, but never tend to give answers. This is a very bad practice, life is to share and help. Just asking questions would make you nowhere.

Service Market Place

There is no better place than Service Market Place https://service.sap.com for SAP Consultants. It is really surprising to know that there are many certified consultants who do not even know where to login and how to login to this great resource. I understand you need to have the logon credentials to access this, if you do not have one, please ask your SAP Basis administrators. If you are already certified, please ask SAP Education / Help Desk, they would give your password. There is not just one type of document. For everything, you would be asked to refer a particular SAP Note, without having access to this, you could never know what the Note says. This is not just for referring notes, when you need to raise OSS (Online SAP Support) notes for your customers. It is not just limited to these things, it has everything. I cannot imagine a SAP consultant without having access to this great place.

SAP Best Practices Building Blocks

Being new to the consultant world, people tend to configure the system and test end user transactions how it works. However, there is no idea where to start and how to integrate between various modules. SAP Best Practices Building blocks would give a great amount of confidence to the consultant, as they provide the detailed configuration documents, business process documents and scenario overviews etc. The following link would be helpful. There are different versions of it. It contains guides across industry / country. If you have problem in accessing the following links, use Internet Explorer (IE) rather than google chrome browser. If you configure various scenarios in your demo system and test as per the business process documents, then your confidence levels will be immensely increased. The number of times you configure various scenarios, you would be mastered in that area.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bl604/BL_DE/html/Content_Library_BL_EN_DE.htm

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/470/BBlibrary_start.htm

Networking

21st Century has started with Professional Networking / Social Network. You cannot imagine anybody without having linkedin / twitter / facebook. You always need to maintain the network and develop them over a period. Being knowledgeable is half of your task, whereas maintaining professional network is the other half. Both are like two sides of the same coin. Linkedin the best professional network site, everybody should have one and keep your profile up to date. You profile is the snapshot of your skills, education and achievements etc. If you give a name of a person, people tend to search in linkedin. If you do not have linkedin account, then they would think either you are fake or you do not exist. It is really awful to work in a professional organisation and do not have an up to date linkedin account. Personally, if I cannot see a person in linkedin, I surely believe, that person is a fake. Therefore, please update your linkedin profile, have good professional network and try to get recommendations from others.

Sharing Knowledge

There are number of people who are very reluctant to share their knowledge. You will only be recognized when you share your knowledge with your clients, colleagues and the community around you. If you do not share your knowledge, the knowledge inside you will be rusted over a period of time. Therefore, always open to learn to new things at the same go for an extra mile to share the knowledge with others. I have been negatively criticized by some of my friends / colleagues for writing blogs. When the whole world is writing blogs, why cannot we? I may not be expert in writing blogs, if anybody is being motivated with my blog, the very purpose of my task is accomplished. It is not required to have great amount of knowledge to share, but you should have wonderful heart. If you just work for yourself, earn yourself and educate yourself, then you would never get an identity in the world. Remove every barrier around you and start using your fullest potential to share the knowledge.

Communication Skills

Last, but not the least is Communication Skills. 90% of success to your career is dependent on your communications. Do not underestimate the power of communication skills in your career. It is not that everybody would have great amount of communication skills. It all depends on the natural skills, environment you grown up, the education you have undertaken etc. If you think you do not have them, then try to develop over a period of time. Communication Skills are not just talking in English, being a SAP Consultant you should always learn to talk both in Business Language and Technical Language. When you go to client places, it is always expected to talk to them in business language. At the same you should also have good command on the technical abilities when you are conveying to the other consultants. Nobody is perfect in this world, keep pushing yourself to fill the gaps in this area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
I disagree to an extent is not just communication skills alone ,it also has to do with the opportunities
that comes your way.that is why the issue of being prayefull is key.
if you say good attitude back up with divine favour I agree but communication skill only cannot help matter alone for example if you can communicate very well but you don't have money to invest in this career ,you deceiving yourselve ,you communication cannot work and for you to invest in this kind of career ,you need the master of the universe to bless you financially and otherwise.that is it.
Nigeria economy is tough for somebody to invest a minimum of 750'000 Naira only .E-academy training
in this part of the world is about N600'000 And ofcourse you need the ides plus a dedicated laptop for it
for about N150'000 plus the IDES FOR ABOUT N50'000 .You also need to incure other expenses etc

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by markos: 7:12am On Jul 04, 2013
SAP is big business world wide, it is not for the faint hearted!! even in the UK, prospective SAP consultants complain about lack of opportunities, a career that is well paid will typically be hard for anyone to break in
Re: About Sap? by gistme24(m): 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
markos: SAP is big business world wide, it is not for the faint hearted!! even in the UK, prospective SAP consultants complain about lack of opportunities, a career that is well paid will typically be hard for anyone to break in

I have been Certified for exactly a year now and yet to get any project opportunity. I say yet because I know I will soon. But am not losing any hope because from my research before i went into SAP ABAP, I was well informed about the challenges in this field.

What I have done is to take up a position as an ERP Consultant with a firm that uses Oracle Tech,and services the Insurance Industry . Better to start with SAP's biggest rival wink

My only grouse with SAP had to do with the term "project experience" . I mean where will I get that if not on a project ?

But I loved the analogy someone gave on this forum. About a man who has a very expansive car (SAP Project) and needs a driver (Consultants), will he employ one with just a license to drive ( Certifications) or one with experience driving
such cars.

The key is for us to always build a career on what we are passionate about, so that when tough times comes, the passion keeps us going. I had fun studying SAP ABAP, because of my love and background in programming, so it did not seem a big deal. And am still learning by follwoing SAP Consultants and mentors on twitter, reading SAP blogs etc.

My next port of call? HANA. Mobility has really been great .

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2013
Good talk by markos my great mentor but I believe that oga does not recognise the fact that in this part of the
world is a different ball game.that so called waiting period may be waiting to mother earth.Remember we have many Nigerians with various innovations but govt show no response at all .please don't let us also forget age does not
wait for anyone.my advice to people is that it is better to go out prayerfully where there is opportunities and be waiting for opportunities after the grave.Life is a passing bye there is no point to wait unneccessaryly.please act fast
Thank You
Taiwo Bakare(ACA,SAP FI CERTIFIED,ACCA FINALIST)
Lagos,Nigeria
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2013
SAP is big business world wide, it is not for the faint hearted!! even in the UK, prospective SAP consultants complain about lack of opportunities, a career that is well paid will typically be hard for anyone to break in.
This point above by our mentor is good talk.but we must not take things for granted .If one is not careful enough with this statement above one might miss it because let take for example the waiting period and you are waiting ,waiting and waiting in this kind of enviros where opportunities is eluding us here except Divinely by our creator.The truth of the matter is that our doing things rightly ?No Our environ is so disorder in the sense that look at how our leaders run the state affairs .I rest my case here for us to imagine all these.
Thank You
Taiwo(ACA,SAP FI CERTIFIED,ACCA FINALIST)
Re: About Sap? by depoty: 10:19am On Jul 15, 2013
SAP is one of the leading software in the world now and many people are intrested to become a SAP Consultant.
To be come a consultant and be competent to handle any project is all about pratices and ability to read.

ERP TRAINING has designed an easy study material to both end users and consultants. Our study materials come with different addtional skills like ABAP Query and many more.

Many people complain about the high cost of sap training, Am sure many professional courses with huge salary package are expensive.

We have put together all needed study materials for different modules like FICO,SD,MM,ABAP and others, For both freshers and consultant who want to start a career in SAP and those who need additional skills in there respetive modules. Certification Question and Answers are in our study material,with an End user materails.

For more information or enquiries visit www.sap-erptraining.com or email: info@sap-erptraining.com
Call: +27746593311.
Re: About Sap? by depoty: 11:17am On Jul 15, 2013
SAP is one of the leading software in the world now and many people are interested to become SAP Consultant.

To become a Consultant and competent to handle SAP Project is all about practices and ability to read different SAP Books.

ERP TRAINING has designed an easy study material to both End users and consultants. Our study material come with different additional skills like ABAP Query, Report Painter and many more.

Many people complain about the high cost of SAP Training and after training and been certified. No opportunity. You need to be able to Network yourself via different SocialNewtwork,It has work for many consultants.

Our study materials include SAP FI, CO, SD, ABAP, MM and many more. They come with End User Materials and Certification Questions & Answers, Interviews Q and Answers.

For more information or enquiries visit www.sap-erptraining.com or Email: info@sap-erptraining.com
Call: +27746593311
Re: About Sap? by Urielproperty: 10:48am On Jul 26, 2013
Rash Court consists of 6Units of Terrance House with 4Bedrooms, 2Living Rooms, and 4.5Bathrooms and a 1 room Boys Quarters.
Each Terrance house offers elegant and modern designs across 3levels. We have the ground floor, 1st Floor and 2nd Floor.

GROUND FLOOR
• Consists of an Open plan Dining and Lounge Area
• A Guest Toilet
• Separate Kitchen
• Ante and Guest Room

FIRST (1ST) FLOOR
• Consists of a Family Lounge
• 2 double Rooms
• Both Rooms ensuite

SECOND (2ND) FLOOR
• Masters Bedroom
• Walk inn Closet
• A Double ensuite room

INTERNAL FEATURES OF THE APARTMENT

• Air Conditioner pre-installed
• Fully Fitted Kitchen
• DSTV
• Fitted Wardwobe
• Top Quality Sanitary Wares
• Floors and Walls Beatifully Finished with High Quality Grade Tiles
• Unique and Quality Lightings (All Imported)
• POP Ceiling/well screened finished with High quality Paint
• Security doors and High Quality Flush Doors
• High Quality Ironmongery.

EXTERNAL FEATURES
• Electric Fence
• Borehole + Water Treatment Plant and Storage Facilities
• Ample Parking Space
• External Lighting
• Interlocking Concrete Parameters and Walkways
• Swimming Pool.

PAYMENT STRUCTURE
50% Acceptance of offer
20% Completion of 1st floor slabs
20% Completion of Roofing
10% Paid upon Handling over

PRICE:N60MILLION

For enquiries:
Uriel Properties Limited
19, Bishop Kale Close off saka Tinubu
Victoria Island. Lagos
Re: About Sap? by orighile: 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2013
Hello Nairalandists,
Are there gold implementation SAP partners in nigeria.
A number of them looks like EBM partners to me.
Any idea?
Re: About Sap? by crispgg: 11:22am On Aug 15, 2013
For FICO Consultants

C2G Consulting recruiting

Lead Consultants (FICO) at C2G Consulting
The following vacancies at C2G Consulting
Lead Consultant FICO

Job Responsibilities
Drive engagement evaluation activities.
Lead engagements
Lead project work-streams on large engagements
Resolve technical issues within own area of expertise
Maintain deep solution competence and act as a subject matter expert within own functional specification.
Demonstrate broad knowledge of C2G’s entire solution suite
Conduct regular status meetings with customers to resolve issues and requirements.
Deploy the requisite expertise in a timely and efficient manner to ensure access to the best available resources.
Define the implementation approach / methodology, program management tools and standards for the program.
Work Experience
More than 3 Years experience in a structured consulting firm.
Experience in demonstrating and presenting Business solutions to customers and prospects.
Method of Application

Candidates should send CV's to iarowosaye@c2gconsulting.com and include Lead Consultant(FICO) as the subject of the mail.
Deadline: 27 August, 2013
Re: About Sap? by depoty: 10:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
Dear SAP Consultants,

We have been Silent on this trend. We don’t need to kill the trend..

We need to join some interesting Social network to keep our self inform in terms of new information and update as well as Job around the world.

You can ask for any of our SAP Modules materials: SAP ABAP,BI,SD,MM,FI,CO,HR and others.

SAP-ERPTRAINING have some material for SAP Consultant, Super User and End User. this are added skill to your SAP knowledge and it will really help you in any of your project. The materials include the following:

Profitability Analysis
Cost Center
ABAP Query
Asset Accounting
Legacy System Migration Workbench
Report Painting
Certification Questions and Answers
Interview Questions and Answers

We shall also be sending SAP Opening out weekly, You can benefit from this if you register with us and we can send you SAP Job Updates.

And many more. You can send us an email for any questions on any of our packages at sales@sap-erptraining.com or saperptrain@gmail.com

Call: +27746593311
Lukmon
SAP FICO Consultant
Re: About Sap? by Headwaters(m): 8:14am On Sep 04, 2013
Hi Mr Kiwi,

Though i joined this thread late, yet i believe i can still get my own info from you. You have demonstrated authority in this field of SAP. I presently work in a company that is implementing SAP for its business operations Nigerian Bottling Company to be precise. Bottlers of Cocacola in Nigeria. Although im not part of the team. I'm just an MIS support staff with no SAP role. I hold a BSc in IT Security. And you said we should pursue SAP Cert in relation with our professional background, what SAP Course would you recommend as an IT Security pro.

Looking forward to your prompt reply.

Thanks
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
PLEASE GURU .
CAn you advice for AN SAP FI CERTIFIED TO GO FOR BI
PL WHAT IS THE IMPLICATION .PLEASE GIVE DETAILS GUIDANCE ON THIS
THANK YOU
TAIWO
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I've been following this thread for the past 3 years and this is my first time commenting. Firstly, I want to thank the gurus who have made this SAP thread worth it - Markos, Kiwi, Nnaih e.t.c Big-ups bros.

In my opinion, SAP is a big deal for me (I recently got certified in SAP HR btw) 'cos I'm desperately looking to change career paths and to most importantly switch to one where the practitioners are incredibly sharp and care deeply about and allows for a great deal of flexibility to move around while still giving you a bit of ownership of where your career is going (un-like in my present job where promotion seems to come from unseen hands).

1. SAP has given me a new found level of respect for Germans: the level and scope of detail factored into the system is unbeliveable! Even if you are an experienced professional in a module, you would defnitely learn something new.

2. I believe SAP is really about the business processes and not the technical details (at least for the functional consultants). I believe the true path to excelling in a functional capacity is deeply understanding processes and being able to visualize in your mind's eye how it all fits together. Gathering from both my work experience and my knowledge of SAP, I can for instance tell you that many clients do not fully understand their processes nor how they would achieve "future-perfect" hence the reason why a number of ERP implementations fail - things as simple as data-structure / model can spell doom for an implementation.

3. Studying for this SAP thing can be a pain! . . .it can also be pretty rewarding. The helicopter view you obtain when studying for an SAP module is also pretty interesting. I personally plan on having a go on 2 more modules (say SD and CO) - just for a chance to understand a couple of different areas out-side my experinece / present function.

. . . ok, allow me to do some more thinking.
Re: About Sap? by yepnaija(m): 8:26am On Oct 06, 2013
YEPNigeria is Now SAP Authorized Reseller in Nigeria , offering various SAP world acclaimed Products such as Business Intelligence, Crystal Reporting, Business One, FI etc

Please Read more here:

http://yepnigeria.com/SAP

We are excited Partnering SAP, the Largest ERP and Business Solutions Software manufacturer Worldwide.

YEPNigeria offers Professional SAP Training at our Toyin street, Ikeja training center. Our Trainers are SAP Certified and have over 30years Cumulative Experience in using SAP.

To Place Orders or Get Information:

Call: 08087028641 or 08120685484.

Email: sap@yepnigeria.com

YEPNigeria - "We're Always a step Ahead"

Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
When it comes to career advancement and new job opportunities, your resume is at the heart of it all. It is the key that unlocks the door to networking, interviews (formal and informational) and building your personal brand. A solid resume is essentially a marketing tool that helps you stand out from the crowd. In short, it is an extremely important personal asset.

Recently I attended a session called Revving Up With Recruiting as part of SAP’s Leadership Excellence Acceleration Program (LEAP). During this session, Kevin Sheal, a recruiting expert with SAP’s Talent Acquisition team, and Glenn Sward, VP of Talent Acquisition at SAP, tackled the question of what recruiters are looking for in a resume. With over 40 years of collective experience in recruiting, the two were able to share some really insightful tips on resume writing and interviewing. For this blog, I’ll focus on resumes.

For most of us, writing a resume is not easy…or fun. It’s tough to boil down years of experience into one measly page and to demonstrate all the great work that you’ve done in short bullet points. And when recruiters spend an average of only 20 seconds reviewing your resume, it has to be compelling and unique.

To help you accomplish this difficult feat, here are some great tips to help both early-stage and late-stage career people write a resume that truly impresses:

1.  Highlight your results. With only 20 seconds to impress a recruiter, you really want to focus your resume on your accomplishments. In fact, 80% of your resume should be results. Take the time to quantity the specific business outcomes that your work has delivered and highlight your impact on the business. For example, a result on your resume may be that you reduced costs by 5% or that you increased revenue or improved cycle times by 10%. It’s not enough to state that you increased productivity – you need back it up with quantifiable data whenever possible.

2.  Include a professional summary. A professional summary is a high-level summary of your results and achievements. This provides you with the opportunity to tell a little more about yourself and to highlight your key attributes and accomplishments upfront. So, don’t worry about an objective – recruiters and hiring managers usually skip over it, or worse, will screen your resume out based on an objective that is not a perfect match for the job they are hiring for. Instead, let your professional summary and experience, skills and results make the case for you.

3.  Put the strongest results first. Recruiters often only read the first few points, so put the accomplishments that you’re most proud of and that are most relevant to the position first.  When it comes to resumes, “space equals importance.” Spend more time and space talking about the things that are directly related to the job for which you are applying.

4.  Have multiple versions of your resume. The “one-size fits all” approach won’t cut it in today’s marketplace of increasingly specialized needs. Your resume should be tailored to the position. This includes updating your resume frequently to include your most recent accomplishments.

5.  Focus on two guiding principles: relevant and recent. When writing your resume, focus on including the most relevant (to the open position) and recent (within the last 5 years) information. If you have 20+ years of work experience, you should reduce experiences that occurred more than 5 years ago to one or two bullet points. The specifics are only important for recent career experiences.

6.  Keep it one (or two) pages. With resumes, size matters a lot. Keep the resume to one or two pages depending on your experience.  If your resume is more than a page, be sure to include your name and email contact on subsequent pages. Also, do your best early on to make sure the recruiter and hiring manager will want to read more!

7.  Get a second set of eyes to review it. Ask someone you trust to carefully review your resume. Make sure that after reading your resume that person fully understands your background, skills, qualifications and accomplishments.

8.  Avoid all complicated fonts or design elements. To be considered an applicant, you will likely be uploading your resume to an applicant tracking system (ATS). If a resume is difficult to read recruiters usually won’t bother reading further.

9.  Edit very carefully. Check your resumes for errors of fact, typos, formatting woes or omissions.  After you have reviewed it, let a trusted person look it over as well.  One inaccuracy or misspelling could cost you a second look.

10.  Don’t include everything. Omit any unnecessary, or potentially controversial, information, including sexual orientation, religious or political affiliations. It’s illegal for employers to ask for this information and it is irrelevant to whether you are a strong candidate for the job.

http://blogs.sap.com/innovation/human-resources/10-tips-resume-will-land-next-big-career-move-0634489
Re: About Sap? by depoty: 6:20am On Nov 14, 2013
Simcura is an Authorized SAP BusinessOne Partner in South Africa. Simcura have been able to successufully implement SAp BusinessOne for companies in Africa and have also train SAP users who have been certified. We offer products like Business Intelligence,SAP BusinessOne

You can visit our website and read more about us and about our
partners.

www.simcura.co.za

Simcura offer professional SAP training,implementation,upgrade,migration and surpport. Our office is located at Centurion in South Africa.

Our training and implementation are handle by SAP certified consultant and with years of experince which has been making simcura the number1 in SAP businessOne in south africa and africa at large.

For more information :
Call+27746593311 Or +27767788539

Email: saperptrain@gmail.com
Re: About Sap? by thecia(f): 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nooo...Y did this thread just die? . Just now that me i have joined an SAP company as a functional consultant SD, that's when the thread decided to go extinct..... Please everyone come back.
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 10:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hi cia,good to have you here,I look forward to learning alot from you.
I read this article from http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/street-smart-erp/hidden-erp-implementation-costs-exposed-58179? And felt i Should
Share with us.
What is your take?

Many within the ERP industry like to focus on the somewhat comical number of ERP project failures. I suppose I am guilty of this as well. But, at least I will admit that many so-called "failures", were nothing more than a failure to manage expectations. 

From the perspective of sr. management, often the biggest unpleasant surprise is the actual implementation costs. Therefore, developing solid cost estimates is an important part of the ERP Project Manager's survival guide.

Potential ERP Budget Items

Many also state that a primary reason for cost-overruns is not understanding the hidden costs of implementation or on-going support. Well, these costs are not really hiding, you just need to know where to look!

The following is a list of potential budget items. Whether the plan is to host the ERP system internally or use Software-as-a-Service, you will pay something for many of these items one way or another.

Education and Training

Sr. Management ERP Education
Industry Practices Education
Project Team ERP Software Training
IT Systems Admin Training
IT Application Development Training
Implementation Tools Training
End-User ERP Software Training

Application Software

ERP Software Package
Bolt-on Applications

Systems Hardware

ERP Servers
Bolt-on Application Servers
Internal Network Upgrades
Telecom Service Upgrades
PC's / Tablets
Mobile Devices
Data Collection Devices
Printers
Storage Access Network (SAN)

Systems Software

Operating Systems
Data Base Software
Web Services Software
Client / PC Software
Middleware / Integration Products
EDI Software
Forms / PDF Management
Job Scheduler (Batch Programs)
Data Back-Up / Recovery

Implementation Tools

Application Development Tools
ERP Application Set-Up Tools
3rd Party Application Development Tools
3rd Party Report Writers/Data Query Tools
Project Scheduling Software
Process Mapping Software
Other Implementation Tools

Consulting

ERP Readiness Assessment
Software Selection
Change Management
Industry Practices / Process Redesign
Project Management
Application Consulting
ERP Software Technical
Bolt-on Applications Consulting
Systems Software Technical
Go-Live Readiness Assessment

Software Development

Data Conversions
Interfaces
Software Modifications
Reports

Additional Employees or Staffing

Project Team
IT Department
Temporary Staffing (backfill, load data, etc)

Other Project Costs

Project / Training Facilities and Equipment
Travel and Living Expenses (Team and Consultants)
Project Team Incentive Bonuses
Hardware Shipping Cost
Sales Tax
Contingency Factor

On-Going Support Costs

ERP Software Maintenance
All other Software Maintenance
All Hardware / Equipment Maintenance
Outsourced IT Infrastructure Fees
ERP Software-as-a-Service Fees
Software Upgrades
Hardware Upgrades

Did I miss anything?

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (48) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Salary Structure? / Welcome To My Office / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.