Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

About Sap? - Career (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Sap? (144914 Views)

Lets Talk About Sap!!! / Knowledge Is Power! Lets Talk About SAP! / What Do You Know About Sap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Sap? by wonlasewonimi: 12:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
BAKAREAAT: SAP Training in nigeria is something else ,the opportunities in nigeria is not encouraging .infact i will say is not up to 5%.
Most of the coy that deployed this software brought in expert outside the countries.Coys that deployed this software are very few
in reality .they majorly multinational co -operations ,The likes of Total,Shell,AGIP and very few govt Parastals,Few Banks etc
Few in deed and so SAP Skills investment is not a joke .The cost of traning at east for a module should be Between- N500'000-N1m
All the school running N250'0000,N300000,Traning are just Taking undue advantage of the ignorance of SAP Students or those who
want to go for SAP Skills because they will not tell you all the matrials you need in totality.
For Instance a candidate for SAP Leraning need a good system dedicated for sap ,You need to install the ides,You complete materials
etc
If you have the resources for complete training go for it but if you can travel abroad better but if you are doing something here dont
leave with continue and be learning SAP Side by side Because almost all the training with their sugar coated mouth once they collect
your money and even if you are certified is different world .SAP in nigeria ,there is not really opportunities here but you can fastrack it
if you travel abroad most coys cannot afford the cost of this software it is very expensive ,it is world class software used majorly by
the 500 fortune coys around the globe.if coys does not have money to purchase this generation software ,Job creation both as a support
and Consultant is difficult.Please do not let anybody deceive you,the opportunities are not here except divine intervention
I have spent over a million to certified up till now no contact of Supports jobs anyway .i emphasise dont let anyone convice you for no
reason to leave what is fetching you money for sap.Nigeria economy is a different ball game .
Thank You
Taiwo(BSC Accting,ACA,SAP Fi cERTIFIED,ACCA Final Students)

Stop whinging and rehashing what is already known. Accept the fact that you are still a cowboy! Did someone not tell you take your certificate down?
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
Expert please forgive me
Thank You
Re: About Sap? by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 06, 2013
BAKAREAAT: Expert please forgive me
Thank You

Quite amateurish to display your certificate on a public forum.

Nobody need your certificate out there. Its what you know and what you can do that matters. Certificate shows that you have a fundamental knowledge of the modules and doesnt show anything else apart from that.

Take it down please.
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 10:46am On Jan 16, 2013
I disagree with you.
Certificate is key and it is open door for recruiters to accesss what you know.
it is the first thing.For instance you can use ONE SAP MODULE very well for instance 20 years
A good coy we want you to prove this to them by writing the prescribe exam so that you can become an expert.
Initially you may be recruited but in the long run you pass the prescribe exam to make you Guru
it is only people who do not understand some thingS that we say certification is irrelevant.
For instance i am a member of ICAN and ACCA Finals,BSC Accting .if i dont have these and i am just working
in an audit coy for 20 years ,i tell you sooner or latter i will be advice to leave and A young graduate
that I surpervise is already my boss . experience and Certification ,they all go together and even in some jobs
experience does not matter much but qualifications we be clearly stated in all jobs because the employer we put the person through and even what you have upstairs may become obsolete and could not even face the ever changing business environs.
You can check SAP Websites for further details on this
Thank You
Taiwo
Re: About Sap? by wonlasewonimi: 12:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
BAKAREAAT: I disagree with you.
Certificate is key and it is open door for recruiters to accesss what you know.
it is the first thing.For instance you can use ONE SAP MODULE very well for instance 20 years
A good coy we want you to prove this to them by writing the prescribe exam so that you can become an expert.
Initially you may be recruited but in the long run you pass the prescribe exam to make you Guru
it is only people who do not understand some thingS that we say certification is irrelevant.
For instance i am a member of ICAN and ACCA Finals,BSC Accting .if i dont have these and i am just working
in an audit coy for 20 years ,i tell you sooner or latter i will be advice to leave and A young graduate
that I surpervise is already my boss . experience and Certification ,they all go together and even in some jobs
experience does not matter much but qualifications we be clearly stated in all jobs because the employer we put the person through and even what you have upstairs may become obsolete and could not even face the ever changing business environs.
You can check SAP Websites for further details on this
Thank You
Taiwo

You can bask in your own delusion...if you have years of experience no company will ask for your certificates in normal climes. Haven't you heard of qualified by experience? it beats all your paper qualification by miles.

The SAP certificate you are using to boast here is worthless as worthless can be if you dont have the requisite experience.
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
@wonlasewonimi and others

Let us forgive Bakareaat and move on.

He needs everyone here to share any opportunity that may help him get the much needed knowledge.

He is just one of the many out there seeking for real implementation experience.

I was once like him, advertising myself everywhere at the slightest opportunity before i got my first break.

I have met this guy (Bakareaat) in person,he is a nice guy.

You see my brother,SAP career is not easy,so sometimes i dont blame people when they over celebrate

I expected him (Bakareaat) to heed the advise of people and take down the certificate but .......

I belong to a BlackBerry SAP Africa group so if you are interested drop your PIN to get an invite from the group admin.

They share alot of Job adverts there.

Cheers
Re: About Sap? by bukkytroni: 6:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
nnaiah:

I belong to a BlackBerry SAP Africa group so if you are interested drop your PIN to get an invite from the group admin.

They share alot of Job adverts there.

Cheers

275D5D6A please.

Thanks for the offer
Re: About Sap? by crispgg: 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
I understand how Bakareaat feels and its normal for anyone who has not had the opportunity of getting first hand knowledge of SAP practice. I'm still much of a Junior consultant and I quickly realised that all the certification did for me was enable me get into SAP consulting. Actual practice is a different ball game.

From my research online, I discovered that the international consulting firms don't even want to see an SAP consultant with less than 3 years of experience and at least 2 full life cycle implementations.

Also the idea of a huge pay once you are certified is a hoax, I don't know about Europe or the US, but here in Naija, I have a certified friend who is getting much less than 100k per month with a consulting firm.

@Nnaiah Please are the adverts for the BB group for Jobs within Nigeria? Cos I noticed that most SAP opportunities for Africa are for jobs in SA.
Re: About Sap? by mikkioso: 10:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
Anybody interested in SAP ECC 6.0 IDES on DVDs,call 08021051986 or email mikkioso77@gmail.com
Re: About Sap? by 2legit2qwt: 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
I just realized a thread on SAP exists on NL.

Can someone help me out with this information please.

What is the average salary of a SAP FI/HR analyst with one year experience as well as a Windows System administrator in Nigeria?
Re: About Sap? by depoty: 6:33am On Feb 05, 2013
Greetings to you All...

SAP Configuration Guide is a wonderful package for young and experience consultants who are aspiring to be come a consultants and make there career to the top, the configuration guide comes in CDs pack and is in PDF files.. The material is design by SAP-ERPTRAINING.

We make shipment to any country via FedEx. Our materials will soon be selling online for easy access to our clients.

We also give IDES access at a very affordable price.

Bellow are the Modules available:
SAP HR,FI/CO,PS,MM/WM,SD
The package is in Cds pack which include Certification Questions and Answer,which guarantee your PASS,Interview Questions and Answer 200 Q and A,and many more. We take you by hand in the configuration pack and you can be perfect within short period of time.
We also have a Certification Q and A which would help you at your certification Exams.

You can contact me for more details and we shall be selling our materials on-line soon..
email: saperptrain@gmail.com
Re: About Sap? by chirpywest(m): 4:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
[quote author=manoy] Explore this link http://www.sap.com/index.epx[/quot
Nice one
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 9:30am On Feb 12, 2013
Good morning people. Please I have a little issue. I got an invite for a test in Hartford Green consulting. I want to find out if anyone here knows about this company and if it is worth making a trip from Abuja to Lagos to give it a try. Thanks.
Re: About Sap? by sapman: 7:41am On Feb 13, 2013
Hartford Green Consulting is a solid consulting practice as far as I know. Give it a shot.
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 5:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
sapman: Hartford Green Consulting is a solid consulting practice as far as I know. Give it a shot.

Do you have a clue of what how handsome their pay is?
Re: About Sap? by webdarkghost(m): 6:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
My Nigerian friends. Check out UN and EU lucrative jobs on this site, HOT and FRESH: http://www.careercast.eu.pn/neo.php
Re: About Sap? by sapman: 6:18am On Feb 15, 2013
kokoA: Do you have a clue of what how handsome their pay is?

No idea but I imagine it should be 'market rate' i.e. depends on your experience and skills set
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Bro dont be deceive SAP Jobs are not really in Nigeria.Only few coys can afford the cost of deyploment of this Global software and 99% are majorly
Multinational co-operations.
Thank You
Taiwo
Re: About Sap? by sapman: 7:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
BAKAREAAT: Bro dont be deceive SAP Jobs are not really in Nigeria.Only few coys can afford the cost of deyploment of this Global software and 99% are majorly
Multinational co-operations.
Thank You
Taiwo

SAP has evolved over time particularly with the release of SAP Business All-in-one. This has made SAP quite affordable now and I'm very much aware that a number of companies are signing up here in Nigeria. My company is working on quite a few projects. Maybe when we need more consultants we will advertise on this forum. Best of luck!
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 10:40am On Feb 18, 2013
Please mention the projects and coy name .
so that candidates can seek for placements in these coys since you said your coy is doing many jobs.
Thank You
Re: About Sap? by sapman: 10:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
BAKAREAAT: Please mention the projects and coy name .
so that candidates can seek for placements in these coys since you said your coy is doing many jobs.
Thank You

It is unprofessional to start mentioning projects of corporations on this forum. However, here are some of the consulting companies you may want to try:

Hartford Green Consulting Limited
Datalink Consulting Limited
Serve Consulting Limited
Alok Consulting Limited
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
Pally i dont understand what you mean unprofessional in this case ,i believe this is a network for us to assist ourselves and if a coy is implementing
or needs any staff i dont understand unprofessional you are talking about .infact all those name mention is only one i have not tried.When FBIR is implementing people informed us and if you know the contact person and if you are luck enough you join the truth and if i ask you a simple question now that which coy are you deploying for does that mean unprofessional and i dont know what you are hiding ?
I chat and visit sites home and abroad and so i am wide but i dont know everything.The names of coy that have actually implemented SAP ERP in Nigeria you can mention them and so what are we talking about and 99% of them brought in their expert abroad.although sap office in nigeria may be doing small small things i dont dispute that
Re: About Sap? by sapman: 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
BAKAREAAT: Pally i dont understand what you mean unprofessional in this case ,i believe this is a network for us to assist ourselves and if a coy is implementing
or needs any staff i dont understand unprofessional you are talking about .infact all those name mention is only one i have not tried.When FBIR is implementing people informed us and if you know the contact person and if you are luck enough you join the truth and if i ask you a simple question now that which coy are you deploying for does that mean unprofessional and i dont know what you are hiding ?
I chat and visit sites home and abroad and so i am wide but i dont know everything.The names of coy that have actually implemented SAP ERP in Nigeria you can mention them and so what are we talking about and 99% of them brought in their expert abroad.although sap office in nigeria may be doing small small things i dont dispute that

@Bakareaat, if you are looking for a job, you are going about it the wrong way. A lot of potential employers are on this forum and just watch without commenting at all. I am trying to help and you are asking me to list companies' projects for you on a public forum. What a joke! If you have tried all those companies and were not offered a job, does that mean they do not have any project or that no one is implementing SAP in Nigeria? You need to look inwards and see if you are missing anything and keep on trying. Your trying period will either make you bitter or better - the choice is yours. Besides, you can take a look at the companies' websites where all of them have a list of their clients but your best bet is with a consulting company at this stage and not an end client.

If I were you, I will heed the advice you've been given on this forum, try a little bit of humility and not all these 'in your face' and 'know it all' attitude, then maybe you will make some headway in your job hunting. Good luck.
Re: About Sap? by wonlasewonimi: 11:53am On Feb 20, 2013
sapman:

@Bakareaat, if you are looking for a job, you are going about it the wrong way. A lot of potential employers are on this forum and just watch without commenting at all. I am trying to help and you are asking me to list companies' projects for you on a public forum. What a joke! If you have tried all those companies and were not offered a job, does that mean they do not have any project or that no one is implementing SAP in Nigeria? You need to look inwards and see if you are missing anything and keep on trying. Your trying period will either make you bitter or better - the choice is yours. Besides, you can take a look at the companies' websites where all of them have a list of their clients but your best bet is with a consulting company at this stage and not an end client.

If I were you, I will heed the advice you've been given on this forum, try a little bit of humility and not all these 'in your face' and 'know it all' attitude, then maybe you will make some headway in your job hunting. Good luck.

There's no point advising bakareaat, he doesn't have the finesse and professional approach in this modern day job hunt. He thinks he can say anything about any job on a public forum forgetting about confidentiality and disclosure requirement you are made to sign before starting a high profile job.

Please let him bask in his ignorance.
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
All this is irrelevant as far i am concern
Life is all about looking forward not looking backwards.Employers or no employers which is not relevant in this case i dont care.
to hell .Somebody that is calling someone ignorance may if be the one that is mr ignorance number one
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 11:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
@Bakareaat: its very unfair for you to say no Nigerian company can implement SAP for her client. I know a number of implementations currently going on and local consulting firms with local consultants working on them.
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
Please that is not what i said.My point is that SAP ERP Market is dry as far nigeria environment is concern for now, and most of the coys that
deployed this software ,the policy come from their parent coy abroad.for instance alcatel,my friend told me that they brought virtuely
everything to nigeria during their implementation.if you work in coy and they implement fine.The consultant you are talking about
mention them .expert edge they are not really into sap,New horizon too ,they only provides plantform for certifications,serve consulting
certifications and not really project but you talk about sap business one ok and SAP Business One is different from SAP ERP.
Re: About Sap? by crispgg: 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
@Bakareaat: While you might be right that SAP consulting opportunities are not as plentiful in Nigeria as it is in Europe and the Americas, its not as dry as you think. The truth is that most SAP opportunities are not advertised openly as other jobs. There seems to be this underground SAP network in Nigeria and information passes between those who network closely. I know that Nigerian consultants have gotten SAP jobs in other countries from right here in Nigeria. As a fresh consultant, you are not in premium demand and you need to find a way to get into a consulting firm. You wont get such an opportunity from job adverts.
Re: About Sap? by xploits777(m): 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
@Bakare, you need to really calm down with your approach and drive. It's ok to have strong drive and passion and be confident in oneself as a growing professional.
Another critical factor for success is character and attitude.These two ooze out when you communicate in verbal and non verbal terms. Everyone truly has freedom of expression but how free is it in a public forum like nairaland or even at your place of work.
The companies you seem to vilify as been mere training or certification companies are blossoming in massive SAP projects implementation due to their tenacity and hardwork. There are numerous ongoing projects in Nigeria and the SAP job market doesn't work like the conventional Job market where recruitment processes are strictly methodical and sacrosanct. NETWORK is key and that is what nairaland and other social media platforms afford us.
In brief, my advice is I don't think you are selling yourself enough with the reactions and comments you have poured in here and will advice you try to learn more by asking questions than jumping to conclusions on matters you probably have little or no experience in.
You may consider joining linkedin and there you will see reality and probably eat up some of your comments.
If you care to know more kindly inbox me your email and I will link you up and introduce you to some SAP groups. Cheers
exploits777@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 7:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
xploits777: @Bakare, you need to really calm down with your approach and drive. It's ok to have strong drive and passion and be confident in oneself as a growing professional.
Another critical factor for success is character and attitude.These two ooze out when you communicate in verbal and non verbal terms. Everyone truly has freedom of expression but how free is it in a public forum like nairaland or even at your place of work.
The companies you seem to vilify as been mere training or certification companies are blossoming in massive SAP projects implementation due to their tenacity and hardwork. There are numerous ongoing projects in Nigeria and the SAP job market doesn't work like the conventional Job market where recruitment processes are strictly methodical and sacrosanct. NETWORK is key and that is what nairaland and other social media platforms afford us.
In brief, my advice is I don't think you are selling yourself enough with the reactions and comments you have poured in here and will advice you try to learn more by asking questions than jumping to conclusions on matters you probably have little or no experience in.
You may consider joining linkedin and there you will see reality and probably eat up some of your comments.
If you care to know more kindly inbox me your email and I will link you up and introduce you to some SAP groups. Cheers
exploits777@yahoo.co.uk
you have given him the best advice. I am a rockie in this SAP thing to, but thank God I was oppourtuned to work with a firm that have carried out a full life cycle implementation. From my interactions with senior colegues I know first hand that Nigerians are really working hard. Thought the market may be rough but the pipeline is promising. I think BAKAREATT is acting this way probably because he has invested quite a lot in SAP trainings and certification and is yet to see all those wonderful things people say about this career before he began. I know how it feels, though I never travled anywhere to get training, I have not taken any certification yet, but I interact with lots of SAP guys and I know how much they have put into it. At times I tell myself I am not worthy to be in their midst because I got to know SAP by accident and I never liked it initially but now I can say I was at the right place at the right time and thanks to people (my Bosses) who forced the thing down my throat. @BAKAREATT, Bro certification is cool but when it comes to the real thing its trash, I'd advice you take the advice you ve been given so far, look for openings in one of these firms. The pay is usually very discouraging at first when you compare it with your investment, but accept it for the main time, experience is what counts in this thing not paper.. Certificate can only give you a chance to be interviewed.
Re: About Sap? by depoty: 11:06am On Feb 23, 2013
Greetings to all the consultants and saps guru in the house.
SAPERPTRAINING has design a configuration guide for sap consultants and any person aspiring to get into SAP environment. Our configuration guide is a materials that take you by hand to D̶̲̥̅̊ǿ the configuration in a short period of time.we also have certification questions and answers for your certification exams along with interviews questions and answers.
You can visit our website for more details at www.sap-erptraining.com
Or email: saperptrain@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (48) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Salary Structure? / Welcome To My Office / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.