Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,296 members, 7,829,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different (30777 Views)

Drama In Bail Hearing, As Lawyer Denies Metuh Tore Own Statement - Premium Times / Photos As Oduah Faces House Committee / Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by SORTER: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
WITH ALL THIS YOUR GIBBERISH NA ONLY 6 PEOPLE LIKE YOUR COMMENT.....THAT SHOULD TELL YOU PEOPLE ARE WISER BY THE DAY.
lacidi: What I have noticed is that Nigerians in a bid to find people guilty are not reading and appreciating the defence put up by those same people. This is why we have high expectations that certain people will be jailed and when they get to court, they are easily set free.

Firstly we went to arms against Oduah. We called her a thief and all sorts. Now it is clear that she didn’t steal anything. At worst the only wrong she did was in buying expensive bullet proof cars in a supposedly poor country.

Now we have gone over to Coscharis and have started screaming again. No one wants to cool down and actually appreciate what Coscharis said. All we hear is how he avoided import duty by claiming the cars are for Lagos state Government. The man has said that the duty waiver was in line with normal practice of 'sponsor vehicles'. Have we taken time to find out what this 'normal practice' is? Have we investigated what is obtainable for such 'sponsor vehicles'? We have not. We are only interested in shouting 'thief, thief' until the case dies off when the man is proven to have done the correct thing.

First, when was the National sports festival in Lagos? My understanding is that it was in November 2012.
From the statement of the Customs, the Vehicles were cleared in June 2013. So if the vehicles were meant for the Sport Festival in November 2012, why then were they cleared in June 2013?

The simple explanation is that Coscharis provided vehicles for the Games from its pool, while it got a waiver to cover those vehicles. Now the waiver will only apply on subsequent imports even though the Games have ended. So let me put it this way:
Lagos wants 300 vehicles for games in Nov 2012,
Coscharis provides some of these from the vehicles it already has in country, while it imports the balance.
Coscharis is granted a waiver for the 300 vehicles.
Considering that some of the vehicles were supplied from Coscharis existing stock, the waivers for these are not utilised immediately,
Coscharis subsequently uses this waiver to import other cars after the games.
The waiver still reads Lagos State Government, although the latest imports were made after the games.

So in summary, 300 cars were requested and waiver given for 300 cars. So if 50 of those cars were already available in Coscharis, it means he still retains the waiver for the 50 cars and can use it subsequently.

I hope we can now understand what he meant by 'sponsor vehicle' practice.

Please let’s reduce the abuse on each other in NL and try and appreciate what people are saying. We always shout like this only to be disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Oluabayomi1(m): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
Authority stealing pass armed robbery!
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by akumarism(m): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
seyi360: .99.9% of Nairalanders will do same or even worse. Let's be moderate in our criticisms, how transparent are you in your financial dealings at work or in your business. He that is without sin should cast the first stone. There is no point been mad at d minister if the system on ground permits it, I challenge SaharaReporters to investigate other ministries and govt parastatals if d same corruption is not the order of d day. How about the presidency, can't even imagine the depth of corruption there. The fish rots from the head. Until a sovereign national conference is conducted, where every area of the constitution is discussed and Nigerians are allowed to determine how to run this country, this is just the beginning.

The fact that the system permits it is, and will never be an excuse in this case. Where is your right sense of judgement? Would you have made the same comment if you or your firm had been the sole victim of this monumental fraud? Let's call a spade a spade, all those involved should face the music irrespective of religious, ethnic or political affiliation.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by akumarism(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
seyi360: .99.9% of Nairalanders will do same or even worse. Let's be moderate in our criticisms, how transparent are you in your financial dealings at work or in your business. He that is without sin should cast the first stone. There is no point been mad at d minister if the system on ground permits it, I challenge SaharaReporters to investigate other ministries and govt parastatals if d same corruption is not the order of d day. How about the presidency, can't even imagine the depth of corruption there. The fish rots from the head. Until a sovereign national conference is conducted, where every area of the constitution is discussed and Nigerians are allowed to determine how to run this country, this is just the beginning.

The fact that the system permits it is, and will never be an excuse in this case. Where is your right sense of judgement? Would you have made the same comment if you or your firm had been the sole victim of this monumental fraud? Let's call a spade a spade, all those involved should face the music irrespective of religious, ethnic or political affiliation.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
what the f ^ck is the matter....oduah D's ,oduah dat.... every day, evry tim... dis is my first of opening thread about dis lady..... huh!
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by khayce: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
i give up too, naija as been badly eaten beyond repair, all dis from omo nna, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!★★★!!!!! una be general........even wth female field marshals in d ministry of corruption, kai!!!! ole. see dos oda idiots, nna too, selling out their solidarity to corruption at d rate of #4000, in support of some bunch of fellow fools....na corrupt protest go kill una★
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Jman06(m): 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
dbride:

STFU, I am Igbo and if you do not see what made oduah a cheat, some other igbos whose heads and minds are still intact can see it and honestly condemn this corruption. If she was right, why run from the house committee? Mad people, keep defending the indefensible since you have totally lost the fear of God and completely taken over by your master the devil. You have eyes but cannot see, ears but cannot hear and minds that can only think and do evil......to you EVIL is Good just like your father the devil! Ride on, your day will come!

You are such a dunce to have typed those trash without even pinpointing anything that incriminates the minister in the whole scandal and yet calling her a thief.If u were intelligent enough u would have thought of why Odua did not go to face the house of reps commitee.She simply did not go because she had no hands in the purchase of the cars.Coscaris and NCAA DG are in a better position to defend the car deal, not the minister.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by timoney45(m): 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
fellow nigerians, i tell you that is how dangote is also stealing from nigeria to expand his business. One day dangote and others will be revealed.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Samanthawebb: 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
Jman06: You are such a dunce to have typed those trash without even pinpointing anything that incriminates the minister in the whole scandal and yet calling her a thief.If u were intelligent enough u would have thought of why Odua did not go to face the house of reps commitee.She simply did not go because she had no hands in the purchase of the cars.Coscaris and NCAA DG are in a better position to defend the car deal, not the minister.
You lack understanding. I pity u.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
TechWalker007:
I'm thinking you are Ibo. If I'm right,
you must be a naive one at that.
Do you really think the campaign
against Oduah is the fight against
corruption?
I am not Ibo and I'm not from SE but
I can tell what SW is doing with the
media.
Only naive Ibos will come here to play
the nationalistic card.
If you are smart, read between lines
in Dudu_Negro's posts. You may find
crux of the matter and the agenda of
the SW.
The North is a bit quiet because they
are now facing their biggest
nightmare, the awakening of the MB.
Only a naive SE or SS fellow will join
them in the pull-them-down-by-all-
means campaign.
I once thought they are for Nigeria,
but soon realized they are for
Oduduwa Republic.I'm in lagos, I can see the massive fraud here. The white elephant projects and the empire Tinubu is building for himself with state and party resources. Yet, nothing will be done by the media.SW controls the media including NL so you have to be smart not to think what you get from the media is the real deal.
If I were not in Lagos, maybe I would think they are saints and love Nigeria. Nay, I'm in Lagos.
you may have some salient points but if you had to interrupt me because of this long talk i must then say you dont comprehend why the IBOS'S are insisting she has not compromised
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
Zet72:
Gbam, I have always re-echoed what u said to every S easterner, in fact is a stupid& foolish igbos will join the most tribalistic people on earth in they campaign of calumny against igbo minister.
read,comprehend before droping sheets like this
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by akpan123(m): 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
why are they pointing hand at stella, what about the oga ontop.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by sweetgala(m): 12:42am On Nov 01, 2013
sly-k:

There is a lot of misunderstanding here:-
The government knows about this, the waivers were given and accepted.
Why didn't Nigerian Custom Service raise an alarm during the transaction?
What is Lagos State saying?
If you have cleared a vehicle in the wharf, these things will easily be understood.

But many of us know a little about how government policies are carved and implemented.

Because they all were mot caught then, now it's everyone for himself. Why suffer due to stella's greed and risk losing your job?
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by sucess001(m): 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
emeka50:

Use ur head and grade Nigeria's history of currupt leaders....is it not Northerners(bokos) 40%...Westerners 30% easterners 15% and Southerners 15%....why attack igbos ?...are u better than any igbo man in ur street ?

i am not an ethnocentric Nigerian but Evans Enwerem, Chuba Okadigbo, Oduah are all igbos...do the conclusions yourself....i dont wanna be dragged into a tribal war..
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by LordNicvuitton(m): 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
I laff in swahili Africaans when I read comments from the heathen that quoted me and added gibberish just to castigate me.. shebi Princess Oduah is speaking for her self now while these yoruba bigots with logs of woods in thier eyes, are busy shaping their new weapons to attack.. I pity the Igbos/those who claim to be Igbo and unbiased speaking against me for daring the accusers to allow justice seek out d sinner b4 we all throw stones.. If u have been in nairaland long enuff like me, you'll know as an Igbo, most Yorubas have un diluted/un adultrated hatred for us.. issues about Igbos give them a hard on and the e warriors come to NL to spew trash from their maggoted buccal cavities.. they keep reminding us of how they killed our projenitors, starved d children and did other abominable things and as if it's nat enuff, they threaten to vanquish Igbos and totally eliminate us if it were possible.. now what type of hatred is that? I keep reiterating this fact; Nairaland yorubas and indeed most yorubas don't like any positive news about igbos, this is nat about attacking oduah but goes deeper as pure hatred against igbos, even if 90% of igbos on nairaland show the yorubas love, neva expect any i return.. If u can imagine the dark thoughts of yorubas against igbos, u'll quiver and as for u, the yorubas reading ma comment, ask urself this question from the sincerety of ur hrt; why do i hate igbos? what did they actually do to deserve the high dose of hatred? now give urself an unbiased answer.. we all need to change our orientations.. all of us!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ese-Odo Ondo Secretariat Sealed With Juju Over Secretary Appointment(pics / Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 / Shehu Sani Warns Hadija El-Rufai To Stop Talking About His Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.