Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,397 members, 7,830,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different (30779 Views)

Drama In Bail Hearing, As Lawyer Denies Metuh Tore Own Statement - Premium Times / Photos As Oduah Faces House Committee / Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 31, 2013
Please where are those cars now? Why is it so hard to present them for physical examination?

Something tells me, those cars only exist on paper.

1 Like

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by bigcycs: 7:43am On Oct 31, 2013
ose_o: Like I said on another thread, this whole fiasco is politically motivated. Stella odia didn't sign any cheque, the spending got approved by someone above her pay grade how come no one has called them?
At least get her name right..that can't be too hard can it??
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by TechWalker007: 7:45am On Oct 31, 2013
awesome99:
silly comment......your criticism wont pass NL,i'm not a fan of corruption so i criticize when i see one
your basis for criticising IBO is uncalled for.Fine,she has SINNED nd must be made to pay the golden price........criticise the SINNER not the people

I'm thinking you are Ibo. If I'm right, you must be a naive one at that.

Do you really think the campaign against Oduah is the fight against corruption?

I am not Ibo and I'm not from SE but I can tell what SW is doing with the media.
Only naive Ibos will come here to play the nationalistic card.

If you are smart, read between lines in Dudu_Negro's posts. You may find crux of the matter and the agenda of the SW.
The North is a bit quiet because they are now facing their biggest nightmare, the awakening of the MB.

Only a naive SE or SS fellow will join them in the pull-them-down-by-all-means campaign.

I once thought they are for Nigeria, but soon realized they are for Oduduwa Republic.

I'm in lagos, I can see the massive fraud here. The white elephant projects and the empire Tinubu is building for himself with state and party resources. Yet, nothing will be done by the media.

SW controls the media including NL so you have to be smart not to think what you get from the media is the real deal.
If I were not in Lagos, maybe I would think they are saints and love Nigeria. Nay, I'm in Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Sylverbox(m): 7:49am On Oct 31, 2013
Am nt suprised 1 bit, no b this same country wey things as big as SHIPS disappear! The white guys all knw its stolen funds so they inflate d prices n sell us very old cars, for that, I dnt blame them.
When d presidO's girlfrnd is involved wht did we expect?
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by godiloug: 7:50am On Oct 31, 2013
Nigerian Government is just like an orphan no mother no father. Leaders behave any how they like but justice must take its place one day.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by sCun: 7:51am On Oct 31, 2013
Zet72: Lagos government imported 300 cars for sports festival.... chaii& where are the vehicles, probably shared between government officials. Corruption every where......
I wonder why no one had mentioned that up till now. Add that to the bullet proof cars Fashola also bought.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by capricon: 7:53am On Oct 31, 2013
naptu2: 1) This is why I like these kinds of investigations. So many things that were hidden will be unearthed. Who knew about the waivers and sports festival angle?

2) These investigations aren't just for show. Anyone indicted can be prosecuted by the present government, a future government or a foreign government, based on evidence that's gathered from these investigations.

This has to be the most stupid post ive ever read. Are you here to watch a tv drama and see unearthing of truths? How many such dramas have we watched in Nigeria and nothing has been done to bring govt criminals to book. Abeg no spoil my day with nonsense comments.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Lyoncrescent: 7:58am On Oct 31, 2013
Nigeria is in a deep mess. No intention to go off topic but how did folorunsho alakija get the oil blocks in the first place that made her that wealthy ?

We dont ask enough questions. Im sure its not only Coscharis that uses this method to avoid paying import waivers.

Even churches get import waivers.

Sorry to say it but there is absolutely no hope for the common man.

NCAA needs a shake down and Madam Minister must go

All na sensation for the time being. The pension scam was way worse than this but no one talks about it anymore.

Suffer Suffer Suffer for world Amen,Enjoy for Heaven,Amen as fela said is the motto for the common man. The Govt wont save you neither will most of these religious bodies.

In conclusion, the greatest gift you can ever give your child is dual ntationality. Yankee or canada preferably. Start Saving people cos naija is hopeless.

2 Likes

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 31, 2013
wazobia_N9:

You are an intelligent lilliputan... small brained! He has contributed something, u shytt!

Hello Dick-head, obviously, you've got problem with comprehension, so you also think the inappropriate thing here is about the 300 vehicles meant for the Lagos sports festival? You're just plain "stoopid"
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by obayaya(m): 7:59am On Oct 31, 2013
Baba_Eleko: I can't wait to see Fashola/Lagos state government sue these clowns for Libel. I trust my Fashola, e go sue all sue-able of them.

Oloriburuku oloshi ni awon omo nna yi, ogun lo ma pa gbogbo yin danu!! Imagine they lied ON LAGOS! (The only state that can honestly afford it) grin

He can't even dare!!! remember coscharis imported all. his expensive cars.. if he tries anything.. coscharis will put his ass on display!!!!

now why are you all whining about coscharis claiming he imported the cars for sports festival?

you have a waiver that is starting valid and you take advantage of that.

tho it's bad. but every business man will do the same.

that's exactly why we had the subsidy scandal.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by vislabraye(m): 8:02am On Oct 31, 2013
The House can do nothing except to blab. They're all the same bunch of crooks.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:02am On Oct 31, 2013
The Nigerian Customs Service should be made to explain how 10.1m could have been the import duties of those 300 brand new cars; when about a million duty is paid for a tokumbo car worth 5m. Are they trying to make us believe that 34,000 naira was supposed to be the duty of each of the 300 cars if there were waivers?

1 Like

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by kenobltd(m): 8:03am On Oct 31, 2013
Nothing to worry Gej will take care of her sister ok

1 Like

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by naptu2: 8:10am On Oct 31, 2013
capricon:

This has to be the most stupid post ive ever read. Are you here to watch a tv drama and see unearthing of truths? How many such dramas have we watched in Nigeria and nothing has been done to bring govt criminals to book. Abeg no spoil my day with nonsense comments.

Absolutely no sense in your comment and no contribution to the topic whatsoever.

1) Are you saying that you prefer that corrupt practices remain hidden?

2) Are you saying that you are unaware that Nuhu Ribadu investigated Bode Georgen Obasanjo tried to block the investigation, but Bode George was eventually convicted during Yar'Adua's presidency?

3) Are you saying that you are unaware that Ribadu investigated Ibori, the Yar'Adua Administration tried to block the investigation/prosecution, but he was eventually convicted in the UK with evidence collected by Ribadu and from testimonies at the National Assembly?

What sense can anyone make out of your post?
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by lacidi: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2013
What I have noticed is that Nigerians in a bid to find people guilty are not reading and appreciating the defence put up by those same people. This is why we have high expectations that certain people will be jailed and when they get to court, they are easily set free.

Firstly we went to arms against Oduah. We called her a thief and all sorts. Now it is clear that she didn’t steal anything. At worst the only wrong she did was in buying expensive bullet proof cars in a supposedly poor country.

Now we have gone over to Coscharis and have started screaming again. No one wants to cool down and actually appreciate what Coscharis said. All we hear is how he avoided import duty by claiming the cars are for Lagos state Government. The man has said that the duty waiver was in line with normal practice of 'sponsor vehicles'. Have we taken time to find out what this 'normal practice' is? Have we investigated what is obtainable for such 'sponsor vehicles'? We have not. We are only interested in shouting 'thief, thief' until the case dies off when the man is proven to have done the correct thing.

First, when was the National sports festival in Lagos? My understanding is that it was in November 2012.
From the statement of the Customs, the Vehicles were cleared in June 2013. So if the vehicles were meant for the Sport Festival in November 2012, why then were they cleared in June 2013?

The simple explanation is that Coscharis provided vehicles for the Games from its pool, while it got a waiver to cover those vehicles. Now the waiver will only apply on subsequent imports even though the Games have ended. So let me put it this way:
Lagos wants 300 vehicles for games in Nov 2012,
Coscharis provides some of these from the vehicles it already has in country, while it imports the balance.
Coscharis is granted a waiver for the 300 vehicles.
Considering that some of the vehicles were supplied from Coscharis existing stock, the waivers for these are not utilised immediately,
Coscharis subsequently uses this waiver to import other cars after the games.
The waiver still reads Lagos State Government, although the latest imports were made after the games.

So in summary, 300 cars were requested and waiver given for 300 cars. So if 50 of those cars were already available in Coscharis, it means he still retains the waiver for the 50 cars and can use it subsequently.

I hope we can now understand what he meant by 'sponsor vehicle' practice.

Please let’s reduce the abuse on each other in NL and try and appreciate what people are saying. We always shout like this only to be disappointed.

6 Likes

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by thaoriginator: 8:13am On Oct 31, 2013
yunglykmine: I follow you give up oh!! lipsrsealed
me sef, we gives up!
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by meine: 8:13am On Oct 31, 2013
Lord Nicvuitton: I'm yet to see wat made oduah a cheat here.. coscharis confirmed d price.. btw i just don't know why a particular tribe, d yorubas, use same yard stick to judge all igbos, resort to name callings, campaign of calumny, pure un diluted and un adultrated hatred and keep reminding igbos of d bitter past and daring us to do something albeit anything abt it.. to all peace loving yorubas, it's well but to all nairaland yoruba e warriors and igbo haters, u shuld know this; WAR IS ONLY DELIGHTFUL TO THOSE WHO HAVE HAD NO EXPERIENCE OF IT.. we keep watching and waiting!

Shut up joor, is manwe a yoruba man?Mumu keeps chanting war songs as if its only your type that knows where to buy AK47? Nobody is after Stella because of her tribe,we all want Nigeria to get better. Stella told you yoruba's are after her and you believed it,same thing Ubah told Cosmas maduka to get maduka's money. Did you get any cut from stella's loot? NO and yet you can't see anything bad in what she did.

What's yoruba got to do with this? If stella committed fraud let her be fired and sent to jail that's how your life can get better but you can allow injustice to thrive and remain backward forever. Choice is yours.

2 Likes

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Emytexboy(m): 8:13am On Oct 31, 2013
Integrated uwantooo

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:14am On Oct 31, 2013
sayso:

That is why the bible asid it wil be difficult for a rich man to see the road to heaven not to talk of entering.

shut up there with this BS you are splitting are around. What the fvck does bible got to do here? The bible was used to swear an oath for her into office, why cant the bible probe her now? If you brainwashed with religious mediocrity, go and display it to goats
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:17am On Oct 31, 2013
AdekunleBalogun: Coscharis admits telling the Ministry of
Finance/NSA the cars were meant for
Lagos state government, but said the
arrangement was a usual “sponsor
practice” for an event like the sports
festival, and there was nothing wrong
with that...... See daylight robbery of Nigeria. BLAME IT ON THE YORUBAS!!!

considering your moniker, I can boldly say you are a BASTARD
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by willibounce: 8:19am On Oct 31, 2013
This is an odoriferous saga, coined gargantuan gaga. I am maniacally bewiLdered. I hope they continue to protest in support of their honourable minister.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by obayaya(m): 8:20am On Oct 31, 2013
Orlando Owoh: The Nigerian Customs Service should be made to explain how 10.1m could have been the import duties of those 300 brand new cars; when about a million duty is paid for a tokumbo car worth 5m. Are they trying to make us believe that 34,000 naira was supposed to be the duty of each of the 300 cars if there were waivers?

the 10m is just for the 2 BMW
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:21am On Oct 31, 2013
Cosmos Maduka and the Nigerian Government have been in the business of swindling Nigerians through import waivers. This is the same man that got import waivers from the Finance Minister to import about 100 vehicles that Patience Jonathan used when she hosted first ladies of other countries in Abuja. The FG then lied to Nigerians that the cars were actually owned by Maduka, but only issued him import waivers because they were meant to be used used for "government business." The cars were later resold as brand new, and import duties included in the receipt issued by Coscharis Motors to their buys. Don't forget, the cars being were strictly used at the venue and it environs as well as the airport made them still look new for the the less than one week the meeting held.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by obitwo: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2013
If anyone is waiting for Uncle Joe to do anything, he/she might as well wait forever
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by asi2013: 8:25am On Oct 31, 2013
adconline: Sorry to digress, 300 vehicles imported for sports festival? These must likely be BMWs since Coscharis does not sell "cheap" cars. How many were armored? Naija Can never be fixed! The rich and influential getting waiver while poor are being asked to sacrifice for a "better" Naija that can never come.
The rich took bank loans and got bailed by AMCON, they got huge pay out from govt for oil they never delivered, when they got in trouble, AMCON bailed them out with people's money. What did the masses get in return? Hike in fuel prices!
authority stealing grin

1 Like

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by BekeeBuAgbara: 8:26am On Oct 31, 2013
rudedough:

Please NOTE my ID, DO NOT quote me ever again. I do not associate myself with elements who turn deaf ears to the truth.

Thank you for your sincere corporation
Shaaaatap nwa donkey, did you buy computer for me? I'm ready to quote you again and again till you start making use of your brain properly. You said ''Ada anyi Stella zuru oshi''. Instead of quoting in the article where Stella was accused of stealing by the house of rep or those invited for questioning, you are warning me. You dey craze? angry angry
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Handsomeemmy(m): 8:30am On Oct 31, 2013
doxime: Who doesn't know that government contracts are over inflated.

That is the point, we pay x3 for almost everything done in this country, Most Nigerians are corrupt but followers and our leaders.

Just look at how people are defending corrupt act, especially the so called youth, maybe what Babaginda(or of the politician) said about we the youth not ready for leadership position is right.

The way things are going, i don't even think i will vote in next election, the opposition waiting to get power are also corrupt, corruption is corruption no matter how big or small.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by akpan123(m): 8:32am On Oct 31, 2013
OPENING A SECTION FOR CARTOONS AGAINST CURUPTION.

2 Likes

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:33am On Oct 31, 2013
obayaya:

the 10m is just for the 2 BMW
The 10m was supposed to be for all the vehicles. Note my use of the word, "supposed." FYI three, and not two armoured vehicles were imported. The Nigerian Customs Service and the National Security Adviser, who issues documents for the importation of armoured vehicles, are silent about has the third.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 31, 2013
Lyoncrescent: Nigeria is in a deep mess. No intention to go off topic but how did folorunsho alakija get the oil blocks in the first place that made her that wealthy ?

We dont ask enough questions. Im sure its not only Coscharis that uses this method to avoid paying import waivers.

Even churches get import waivers.

Sorry to say it but there is absolutely no hope for the common man.

NCAA needs a shake down and Madam Minister must go

All na sensation for the time being. The pension scam was way worse than this but no one talks about it anymore.

Suffer Suffer Suffer for world Amen,Enjoy for Heaven,Amen as fela said is the motto for the common man. The Govt wont save you neither will most of these religious bodies.

In conclusion, the greatest gift you can ever give your child is dual ntationality. Yankee or canada preferably. Start Saving people cos naija is hopeless.

Thank you!I have known this for a long time now.Aint giving births here!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 / Shehu Sani Warns Hadija El-Rufai To Stop Talking About His Hair / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Sends Selfie to her children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.