Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,531 members, 7,812,647 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different (30755 Views)

Drama In Bail Hearing, As Lawyer Denies Metuh Tore Own Statement - Premium Times / Photos As Oduah Faces House Committee / Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Nja147: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2013
Please they should leave her. before the Ondo plane crash nobody talked about her for sometime. Nigerian tie importance to distracting issues. am not saying air safety should be given less consideration. those in government offices that has little or nothing to offer. this is their opportunity to open their wide mouth to gain recognition. My opinion anyway.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Zamizoni(m): 8:44am On Oct 31, 2013
re@lchange:

who do you mean by "these people" ?

PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!

1 Like

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Jman06(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2013
lacidi: What I have noticed is that Nigerians in a bid to find people guilty are not reading and appreciating the defence put up by those same people. This is why we have high expectations that certain people will be jailed and when they get to court, they are easily set free.

Firstly we went to arms against Oduah. We called her a thief and all sorts. Now it is clear that she didn’t steal anything. At worst the only wrong she did was in buying expensive bullet proof cars in a supposedly poor country.

Now we have gone over to Coscharis and have started screaming again. No one wants to cool down and actually appreciate what Coscharis said. All we hear is how he avoided import duty by claiming the cars are for Lagos state Government. The man has said that the duty waiver was in line with normal practice of 'sponsor vehicles'. Have we taken time to find out what this 'normal practice' is? Have we investigated what is obtainable for such 'sponsor vehicles'? We have not. We are only interested in shouting 'thief, thief' until the case dies off when the man is proven to have done the correct thing.

First, when was the National sports festival in Lagos? My understanding is that it was in November 2012.
From the statement of the Customs, the Vehicles were cleared in June 2013. So if the vehicles were meant for the Sport Festival in November 2012, why then were they cleared in June 2013?

The simple explanation is that Coscharis provided vehicles for the Games from its pool, while it got a waiver to cover those vehicles. Now the waiver will only apply on subsequent imports even though the Games have ended. So let me put it this way:
Lagos wants 300 vehicles for games in Nov 2012,
Coscharis provides some of these from the vehicles it already has in country, while it imports the balance.
Coscharis is granted a waiver for the 300 vehicles.
Considering that some of the vehicles were supplied from Coscharis existing stock, the waivers for these are not utilised immediately,
Coscharis subsequently uses this waiver to import other cars after the games.
The waiver still reads Lagos State Government, although the latest imports were made after the games.

So in summary, 300 cars were requested and waiver given for 300 cars. So if 50 of those cars were already available in Coscharis, it means he still retains the waiver for the 50 cars and can use it subsequently.

I hope we can now understand what he meant by 'sponsor vehicle' practice.

Please let’s reduce the abuse on each other in NL and try and appreciate what people are saying. We always shout like this only to be disappointed.
This explained it all.Kudos!

2 Likes

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by enisot(m): 8:50am On Oct 31, 2013
madam_oringo: Basically, from the EVIDENCE and interrogations, several corruption allegations are CONFIRMED:

- Fraud by Odulah, cover-up and intent to criminally enrich and benefit herself
[size=18pt]- Fraud by NCAA
- Fraud by Cosmos Maduka
- Fraud by Okonjo Iweala (Finance waivers)
- Dishonesty and fraudulent intent by dodging import waivers of N 10 M, accruable to the FG and the country
- LIBEL AGAINST THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT, LYING THAT THE STATE ORDERED THE CARS![/size]

Oloriburuku oloshi ni awon omo nna yi, ogun lo ma pa gbogbo yin danu!! Imagine they lied ON LAGOS! (The only state that can honestly afford such things in Nigeria) grin grin

LMAO!!! grin
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Zet72(m): 8:50am On Oct 31, 2013
TechWalker007:

I'm thinking you are Ibo. If I'm right, you must be a naive one at that.

Do you really think the campaign against Oduah is the fight against corruption?

I am not Ibo and I'm not from SE but I can tell what SW is doing with the media.
Only naive Ibos will come here to play the nationalistic card.

If you are smart, read between lines in Dudu_Negro's posts. You may find crux of the matter and the agenda of the SW.
The North is a bit quiet because they are now facing their biggest nightmare, the awakening of the MB.

Only a naive SE or SS fellow will join them in the pull-them-down-by-all-means campaign.

I once thought they are for Nigeria, but soon realized they are for Oduduwa Republic.

I'm in lagos, I can see the massive fraud here. The white elephant projects and the empire Tinubu is building for himself with state and party resources. Yet, nothing will be done by the media.

SW controls the media including NL so you have to be smart not to think what you get from the media is the real deal.
If I were not in Lagos, maybe I would think they are saints and love Nigeria. Nay, I'm in Lagos.

Gbam, I have always re-echoed what u said to every S easterner, in fact is a stupid& foolish igbos will join the most tribalistic people on earth in they campaign of calumny against igbo minister.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by akpan123(m): 8:50am On Oct 31, 2013
WHAT, l m not the only one, so cut the scrap. just common 600millionnaira , and they are screaming.

woman l m your husband, you can t talk to me that way.

if you had bought me the bullet proof car, these would not have happen,

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by ooshinibos: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2013
waternogetenemy: Another useless set of Reporters. Sahara Reporters and their Fake Reporting.

smh!

i think you are right o , Antwerp is not in Netherland but in Belgium

1 Like

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by ooshinibos: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2013
this report is fishy , Antwerp is not in Netherland but in Belgium
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by topsy1971: 8:53am On Oct 31, 2013
I love sahara reporters. This Sowore guy is great

2 Likes

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by adanny01(m): 8:54am On Oct 31, 2013
lacidi:

Firstly we went to arms against Oduah. We called her a thief and all sorts. Now it is clear that she didn’t steal anything. At worst the only wrong she did was in buying expensive bullet proof cars in a supposedly poor country.

Have we taken time to find out what this 'normal practice' is? Have we investigated what is obtainable for such 'sponsor vehicles'? We have not. We are only interested in shouting 'thief, thief' until the case dies off when the man is proven to have done the correct thing.

The simple explanation is that Coscharis provided vehicles for the Games from its pool, while it got a waiver to cover those vehicles. Now the waiver will only apply on subsequent imports

Who said she stole? Her's is a case of recieving gifts from an inappropriate source or using her influence and position inappropriately for personal gain to the detriment of Nigerians. Which ever way you see it.

You may need to read the post again. The explanation you are trying to give seems twisted in defence. How would you explain to me if i give you money to buy Peak milk retailed at N120 and instead you delivered Threecrowns milk just because you already have that but which retails for N100 without giving me back N20.

The waiver he had was for a set of cars on an occassion but was used in a different occassion for a different car. Your defence of cars in his pool is invalid.

4 Likes

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by sucess001(m): 9:00am On Oct 31, 2013
madam_oringo: Basically, from the EVIDENCE and interrogations, several corruption allegations are CONFIRMED:

- Fraud by Odulah, cover-up and intent to criminally enrich and benefit herself
[size=18pt]- Fraud by NCAA
- Fraud by Cosmos Maduka
- Fraud by Okonjo Iweala (Finance waivers)
- Dishonesty and fraudulent intent by dodging import waivers of N 10 M, accruable to the FG and the country
- LIBEL AGAINST THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT, LYING THAT THE STATE ORDERED THE CARS![/size]

Oloriburuku oloshi ni awon omo nna yi, ogun lo ma pa gbogbo yin danu!! Imagine they lied ON LAGOS! (The only state that can honestly afford such things in Nigeria) grin grin

But how come most of the principal actorsin this scandal are ibos?...*runs* before i recieve igbo backlash grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Zet72(m): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2013
lacidi: What I have noticed is that Nigerians in a bid to find people guilty are not reading and appreciating the defence put up by those same people. This is why we have high expectations that certain people will be jailed and when they get to court, they are easily set free.

Now we have gone over to Coscharis and have started screaming again. No one wants to cool down and actually appreciate what Coscharis said. All we hear is how he avoided import duty by claiming the cars are for Lagos state Government. The man has said that the duty waiver was in line with normal practice of 'sponsor vehicles'. Have we taken time to find out what this 'normal practice' is? Have we investigated what is obtainable for such 'sponsor vehicles'? We have not. We are only interested in shouting 'thief, thief' until the case dies off when the man is proven to have done the correct thing.

First, when was the National sports festival in Lagos? My understanding is that it was in November 2012.
From the statement of the Customs, the Vehicles were cleared in June 2013. So if the vehicles were meant for the Sport Festival in November 2012, why then were they cleared in June 2013?

The simple explanation is that Coscharis provided vehicles for the Games from its pool, while it got a waiver to cover those vehicles. Now the waiver will only apply on subsequent imports even though the Games have ended. So let me put it this way:
Coscharis provides some of these from the vehicles it already has in country, while it imports the balance.
Considering that some of the vehicles were supplied from Coscharis existing stock, the waivers for these are not utilised immediately,
The waiver still reads Lagos State Government, although the latest imports were made after the games.

So in summary, 300 cars were requested and waiver given for 300 cars. So if 50 of those cars were already available in Coscharis, it means he still retains the waiver for the 50 cars and can use it subsequently.

Please let’s reduce the abuse on each other in NL and try and appreciate what people are saying. We always shout like this only to be disappointed.
Expertly put, I have never thought of this, anyway let's put our fingers crossed..

1 Like

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by andyanders: 9:02am On Oct 31, 2013
kelvin1191: How i wish this country is called China by now all those involved in this fraud including the honourable minister, the custom, first bank officials etc would have been on their way to prison but in a country where corruption is celeberated and would rather jail some1 for stealing a handset for 15years i bet they will go scot free.

Not jail but to be killed.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by kommiejewel(f): 9:02am On Oct 31, 2013
These pple think we are illiterates ni? Sayin one thin 2dy nd anoda 2moro. .mmttccheeww!!. . Forget say our educational systm is rotten,we still sabi book o. . Una thief dat money. .Confess nw or. .:@
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by emeka50: 9:03am On Oct 31, 2013
sparkleboy:
Really!
so corruption is now being defended by a particular tribe in nig>
why are u so tribalized, can`t you see they are sucking our country dry?

This is not about corruption of one tribe...this is an attack against the upgrade of Enugu Airport to An international Airport, Stella is not the one to be blamed here....after all...among the various tribal group in Nigeria...the Igbos are the most hated but most progressive in nature...before u westernerd and Abokies of the north attack my post...take a trip down memory highway...Tinubu of lagos state...Farkruk lawal...OBJ...IBB...formal speaker of the House of thiefs...etc...
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by PrinceJustice(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2013
adanny01: Am disappointed in everybody involved in this scandal, most of all, am disappointed on our President who has not regarded corruption as Nigeria's biggest problem.

A responsible President would have released a statement if not spoken about it himself, promising Nigerians that high profile personalities in his government must be prosecuted if found to be involved.

I know the President didnt order the cars nor was he aware that such a transaction was being executed which he cannot be given responsibility for their wrong doing. His responsibility is what happens from here on. At the end, if no one goes to jail, then the President is himself as corrupt as those who actually commited the crimes but were'nt prosecuted. Am not talking of just Oduah o, many more need to join her in jail, 1st in line should be Maduka.

My dear Nigerians, in 2015, lets vote only for a President who will fight corruption. GEJ is not he.
WHO IS HE?
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by emeka50: 9:09am On Oct 31, 2013
sucess001:

But how come most of the principal actorsin this scandal are ibos?...*runs* before i recieve igbo backlash grin grin

Use ur head and grade Nigeria's history of currupt leaders....is it not Northerners(bokos) 40%...Westerners 30% easterners 15% and Southerners 15%....why attack igbos ?...are u better than any igbo man in ur street ?
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:12am On Oct 31, 2013
adanny01:

Who said she stole? Her's is a case of recieving gifts from an inappropriate source or using her influence and position inappropriately for personal gain to the detriment of Nigerians. Which ever way you see it.

You may need to read the post again. The explanation you are trying to give seems twisted in defence. How would you explain to me if i give you money to buy Peak milk retailed at N120 and instead you delivered Threecrowns milk just because you already have that but which retails for N100 without giving me back N20.

The waiver he had was for a set of cars on an occassion but was used in a different occassion for a different car. Your defence of cars in his pool is invalid.
You've not made sense either. The 300 cars that he got waiver for were meant to used for the National Sports Festival hosted by Lagos State in November 2012. He got the cars in addition to three armoured cars cleared by the Nigerian Customs Service cleared in June 2013, when the original 300 cars had been used and probably resold, and when those that sustained injury in the sports festival had healed.

1 Like

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by PrinceJustice(m): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2013
Ms Nas:
Lord Save us from the Black Jews, the people from the Land of the Rising sun!
another ethnic bigot
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Zet72(m): 9:17am On Oct 31, 2013

Expertly put, I have never thought of this, anyway let's have our fingers crossed..

1 Like

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by PrinceJustice(m): 9:18am On Oct 31, 2013
Dudu_Negro: 1. Oduah need to get the boot
2. Ngozi Iweala need to be probed
3. Maduka need to pay tax to Customs, to Lagos State, he needs to go to Kirikiri.
4. Coscahris books needs to be audited
5. First Bank needs to be sanctioned.
6. NCAA needs a shake down.
7. A Yoruba must be appointed Minister of Aviation.

This is how Ibos used systemic plotting to ruin Nigeria in the 60s, they are at it again.
Another ethnic bigot
Why not a Hausa man or an Idoma woman?

1 Like

Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Onyebu4God(m): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2013
Yes.! I love Nigeria with all my heart.Good people,great nation.Nigeria is a great nation that's why great and mysterious things must be happening now and forever more.!Embezzlement of Money is nt our problem,bt the bt the authentic person that wil do it with diploma..hahaha yes diploma.A person we cannot interrogate even when we investigate,a person we cannot execute even when we prosecute.some people like Iyabo Obasanjo, Partricia Etteh and many other BIG BELLE in our house both lower and upper.Nigeria is our country lets join our hands and destroy it as quick as possible before foreigners joined us.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Dre19: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2013
ogodomi: h
i am the latest big boy on naira land grin
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2013
Prof Corruption:

To them, it's not criminality, it's called business sense.

Maduka is a big thief.

You guys are pure learners in terms of business.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by charleymed(m): 9:33am On Oct 31, 2013
Lord Nicvuitton: I'm yet to see wat made oduah a cheat here.. coscharis confirmed d price.. btw i just don't know why a particular tribe, d yorubas, use same yard stick to judge all igbos, resort to name callings, campaign of calumny, pure un diluted and un adultrated hatred and keep reminding igbos of d bitter past and daring us to do something albeit anything abt it.. to all peace loving yorubas, it's well but to all nairaland yoruba e warriors and igbo haters, u shuld know this; WAR IS ONLY DELIGHTFUL TO THOSE WHO HAVE HAD NO EXPERIENCE OF IT.. we keep watching and waiting!
This guy is the true definition of a clown.....Guy am igbo but i can't subscribe to the idiocy you just exhibited..#ethno-religiouschuavinist#
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by paker002: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2013
rudedough: If NDI IGBO now supports corruption because it was perpetrated by our sister, I am ashamed umunnam.

We should detest corruption, not encourage it. Ada anyi Stella zuru ochi. That is bad and should be condemned.
sad sad
TANK you..... we either make this country or break it.....omo corruption na the way for this longitude and latitude ...... shame shame shame shame shame shame hame ame me e..................................Some one tell Nass, armored car cheif, kosichasis..... custom, bmw i beg e don do... we know where e go end.... abi a tu ri another scandal?? make una open yanshes i beg..... i need the story to use make my baby sleep well
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by victorulo(m): 9:37am On Oct 31, 2013
Kamanda: Just grab a weed AND/OR alomo and forget Naija wahalas
beta get headache 4 a madman dan 4 ds irredeemable jungle i swear
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by mystical10: 9:37am On Oct 31, 2013
Fela music tins I Say, I Say, I Say ....
This thing wey happen for my country no be
first time o in naija
If you hear the name N'assemly probe, you go know
N' assembly magic
Tell me the name now
[Chorus]
Government magic!
Them go dabaru everything
Them go probe pension scam
Them go probe patricia eteh
Water dey go, water dey come
Them go probe bankole
them go probe farouk lawal
Them go turn candle to electric(obasanjo)
stella odua no cmit crime na misplacement of priority she n need to be cautiond.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by PrinceJustice(m): 9:39am On Oct 31, 2013

You now see why at the end of the day, there will be no case against any of these guys?
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 31, 2013
chucky234: Imagine a man who imported cars in false pretence yet claimed he followed due process, educated illiiterate.
Cosmos is a certified thief and should be jail along with princess of doom,madam amoured cars.
I know GEJ being a bigger thied will them off the hook,I expect Fashola to sue their a§§es for libel.

Its so clear we have more educated illiterates than uneducated ones. Ask questions before you say anything.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by spectator2001: 9:50am On Oct 31, 2013
So Cosmos Maduka is a petty thief just like d rest From his statements at d hearing, it is easy to decipher his incriminating contribution to the actualisation of the fraud btw Odua, NCAA and Coscharis as a group. They should be dealt with with the full weight of the law without fear. I am seriously ashamed of d disposition of Maduka in trying to defend dis broad day fraud with the bold evidence so far tendered by the house! It's just a shame on Maduka to have involved himself in this unwholesome act of brazen corruption against the citizenry and trying to defend dis bogus figures quoted for the said vehicles in this modern age and time with the easy access to Internet facility in place for majority of the populace whereby any individual can obtain the quotes for the most expensive n luxurious automobile or even private jets from his bedroom irrespective of the person'n net worth even if he/she lives on less than $1/day.
Shame on Oduah- coz she can afford the car on her own without pilfering funds from national source.
Shame on NCAA- coz as an agency of the FG, questions should be asked before granting frivolous request from a Minister
Shame on Comos Maduka- he is just a common thief by trying to defend the crazily inflated prices of th said vehicle and even going as far as obtaining waiver in the most shameful manner by passing across different info to the NSa as regards the ownership of the said vehicles.
Re: Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different by Kassidy90(m): 9:51am On Oct 31, 2013
yunglykmine: I follow you give up oh!! lipsrsealed
I join u give up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Passes VAT, Anti-Open Grazing Bills / LP: We Regret Making Peter Obi Our Presidential Candidate – Apapa-faction / Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.