Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:50 AM

Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man (41702 Views)

Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries / ONIKOLA Movie By Funmi Fiberesima: An Exposé On Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) / Join Funmi Iyanda Live Tomorrow On The Nta Network And Ltv 8 Between 9am -10am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
Awesome Daniel: Guy try come Island come see fine sweet clean babes with better engines under their legs. I swear down u go turn straight.

Like I. Said, it goes way beyond sex and female beauty. I've always been this way. I can admire all the girls in the world same way you can admire a goodlooking guy and have no feelings for him.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by dragon2(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
masonkz:

Like I. Said, it goes way beyond sex and female beauty. I've always been this way. I can admire all the girls in the world same way you can admire a goodlooking guy and have no feelings for him.

smiley
Your sincerity is simply charming!

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
GSKing:
slow pokes that keep beefing cos they all know that even in 10 years time, they cant achieve half of his success!

who is sharing tickets? where is the queue? I also want to come out o...

#please, in the name of sango, oromiyan, alaketu, olupopo, ifa, osun, edo, amadioha, kamaalu, idemili, and all other heathen gods you all serve... what is the meaning of all these followers that suddenly wants to be my friend? If you all are sincere with yourselves, YOU LIKE ME. If you don't like me, kindly do yourself a favour by unfollowing me cos I won't give y'all the chance to wan.k at my posts. I don't post trash, I'm cultured.

18 followers just today? I'm no celebrity abeg... I only want my true friends.

THANK YOU.

This made my daygrin grin grin grin

They'll be ranting kill homos, and go behind curtains and be pestering a lesbian's life. Hypocrites una well don oo grin
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by GSKing: 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2013
oti-igba:
but wait o! what would jesus christ have said to gay people? i he was here right now.

You think Jesus never knew that gay people existed during his time? undecided

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
Klinee: i will never have such an evil child. I will cut his head out immediately and i will never bury him in my land. For the fact that he have do what his father never do or never thought of doing he deserve killing. Gay is evil i wonder the type of society we are living. Person will say they prefer their fellow man. Tunder strike every gay and pro gay to death.

This is exactly the kind of person that the society should get rid of, and not harmless gay people. smiley
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by GSKing: 7:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
masonkz:

This made my daygrin grin grin grin

They'll be ranting kill homos, and go behind curtains and be pestering a lesbian's life. Hypocrites una well don oo grin

The worst thing is that 4 of those monikers were constantly displaying their extreme homophobia on this same thread, screaming that they can't stand homosexuals! What the heck are they doing following me?

Lol, you know yourselvescheesy
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Klinee: 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
Johnpaul88: I'll say a big Amen to all your wish. You'll have a gay son and we'll watch you cut off his head!
i reget it in jesus name. U will die an unexpected death for wishing evil to me. God punish u!!!! Fool!!! Devilish fool!

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by otiigba1(m): 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
masonkz:

You think Jesus never knew that gay people existed during his time? undecided
undecided i did`nt ask if he knew,my question is what would he have said to them? or what did he say to them?
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
oti-igba:
undecided i did`nt ask if he knew,my question is what would he have said to them? or what did he say to them?

Obviously it didn't matter much to him, else he would have rained fire and brimstone on them, and probably lynched them, like the average Nigerian would do. But he didn't, but rather kept silent.

Don't you just love Jesus? Hehe

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by otiigba1(m): 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
sad sad sad sad right? makes a lot of sense, so why then are we getting our knickers twisted over Gay people on his behalf, its obvious he is capable of making up his own mind
masonkz:

Obviously it didn't matter much to him, else he would have rained fire and brimstone on them, and probably lynched them, like the average Nigerian would do. But he didn't, but rather kept silent.

Don't you just love Jesus? Hehe
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
oti-igba:
sad sad sad sad right? makes a lot of sense, so why then are we getting our knickers twisted over Gay people on his behalf, its obvious he is capable of making up his own mind

Exactly. smiley
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by GSKing: 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
oti-igba:

(1) Love your neighbour as you love yourself!

(2) If anyone says he is without sin, let him cast the first stone!

(3) Remove the log in your own eyes before you see the spec in your brothers eyes!

(4) Judge not, so you be not judged!

(5) Blessed are those who are persecuted out of sheer ignorance, for theirs is the kingdom of God!

(6) Thou shall not kill!

(7) Come unto me o ye that labour and suffer violence, for I will give you rest!

(cool Do unto others, what you want to be done to you!

(9) The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace!

(10) Forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing!

...et cetera!

You asked for for what Jesus would have said to(concerning) homosexuals... there you have it!

#suck on that! cool

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Klinee: 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
masonkz:

This is exactly the kind of person that the society should get rid of, and not harmless gay people. smiley
How many time did i warn this devilish fool to stop quoting my post. Mumu!!
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
Klinee: How many time did i warn this devilish fool to stop quoting my post. Mumu!!

How about a trip to the sahara desert, on foot. Trust me, it would cure your frustrated soul wink

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by beryl04(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
ayando: @ beryl04
very lengthy n insightful write up. The only point dat struck my conscience is the human right. if you want to come in from that angle, then, we shall be talking about animal right too. Personally, it is an aberration to what is normally natural and i dont support it.
if i may ask, are u asexual or bisexual? if asexual, are u gay or straight?

Thank u, at least something struck ur conscience and its a good start to understanding what these people go thru.
That piece did not originate from me but I pulled it from a similar thread from 2008.when I read thru and from my personal observations and contacts with people of LGBT,I begin to understand more their plight.
Yes animals have rights too that's why u have organizations like PETA that fights for ethical and fair treatment of animals in d west and even in SA.
What is normal and natural to u might not be to the next person, so those terms are subjective.the whole concept of nature with her laws is compilcated and ambiguous that u cannot begin to compartmentalize it.for instance,some people are born with both sex organs,so what do we do with them as they go against all known laws of nature?
Please explain what u mean by 'asexual' as it relates to the context of this write-up so I can answer u that question appropriately.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
beryl04:

Thank u, at least something struck ur conscience and its a good start to understanding what these people go thru.
That piece did not originate from me but I pulled it from a similar thread from 2008.when I read thru and from my personal observations and contacts with people of LGBT,I begin to understand more their plight.
Yes animals have rights too that's why u have organizations like PETA that fights for ethical and fair treatment of animals in d west and even in SA.
What is normal and natural to u might not be to the next person, so those terms are subjective.the whole concept of nature with her laws is compilcated and ambiguous that u cannot begin to compartmentalize it.for instance,some people are born with both sex organs,so what do we do with them as they go against all known laws of nature?
Please explain what u mean by 'asexual' as it relates to the context of this write-up so I can answer u that question appropriately.

smiley
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by beryl04(m): 8:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
In ancient Rome and in all their conquered territories especially during the time of Jesus,it is a well documented fact that homosexuality thrived and was widely accepted.so Jesus being an enlightened and spirit- filled man might have known that homosexuality is an inborn tendency so no need to castigate them .Being led by d spirit he wudve known that the works of the Father in those people was marvelous!
For crying out loud He came just before the time of Alexander the Great,one of the greatest conqueror known in history and guess what,he was a known homosexual! go figure

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by kolamilan(m): 8:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
the word GAY sef is irritating
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by GSKing: 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
kolamilan: the word GAY sef is irritating
mtcheeewww, so after 11 pages, this is what you came up with? don't you know others have written it in a more vile form? undecided
of all threads to register your presence, you chose this one?

*laughing in hindu*

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
Klinee: i reget it in jesus name. U will die an unexpected death for wishing evil to me. God punish u!!!! Fool!!! Devilish fool!
I only wished you what you wished yourself. I didn't invent any thing new.
Unexpected death for me? Joke of the century! Only God have power over when i'll die. Not anyone, not even you!
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by DexxyAlebs(m): 11:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
stoned:

love, m going to go through all your previous post and mail your age to you.... the game is on.

meanwhile I want to thank God almighty for making my dream come thru, I never thought I would make front page.
hallelujah
23 y d stress
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 12:17am On Nov 01, 2013
GSKing:

(1) Love your neighbour as you love yourself!

(2) If anyone says he is without sin, let him cast the first stone!

(3) Remove the log in your own eyes before you see the spec in your brothers eyes!

(4) Judge not, so you be not judged!

(5) Blessed are those who are persecuted out of sheer ignorance, for theirs is the kingdom of God!

(6) Thou shall not kill!

(7) Come unto me o ye that labour and suffer violence, for I will give you rest!

(cool Do unto others, what you want to be done to you!

(9) The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace!

(10) Forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing!

...et cetera!

You asked for for what Jesus would have said to(concerning) homosexuals... there you have it!

#suck on that! cool

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.…

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

"Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE, and said, 'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH '? "

"Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

"Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans because they suffered this fate? I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish"

"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 12:44am On Nov 01, 2013
howfarwhatagwan: That is exactly what you get when you do not carry out proper research to understand your environment and the times. You were trying to copy the western world not realizing that as much as Nigeria adopts some western trends some continue to be unacceptable. I hope you are not thinking of having this sort of interview again because the time still ain't right. In your selfishness you compromised the poor guys life.

Lesson: Always think beyond..... be selfless

She ended her career on that note... shamefully.

All she's doing now is trying to re-launch by blaming NTA for her foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 1:04am On Nov 01, 2013
beryl04:

It is cos of people like u with this kinda mentality that Nigeria's growth will continue to be stunted.why are Africans so slow in catching up.get up and get some education man and u know the funny thing?about 20 to 30 yrs from now, one of ur kids will stumble on this ur hate and ignorance filled write-up and say;our daddy was really barbaric!trust me that's how we see our ancestors now knowing how many twins were killed ignorantly during their time.

What stunted Nigeria's growth are the lies, distortions, dilutions, illusions, confusions by your ever agitated, highly nervous, delusional colonial gods.

They've been at it for centuries peddling the trade they know best; sowing social strife through division and hatred.

This time, we are in unison and we are waiting for them.

Except your type who like your ancestors simply exchanged your name with a bottle of whiskey or a glass of mirror.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by GSKing: 1:11am On Nov 01, 2013
porka:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.…

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

"Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE, and said, 'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH '? "

"Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

"Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans because they suffered this fate? I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish"

"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Dry Joke!
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 1:16am On Nov 01, 2013
Bome01: *In Jesus words* Who of you is not a sinner should cast the first stone!

In Jesus words - "But unless you repent, you too will all perish."
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 1:26am On Nov 01, 2013
sCun: Knowing it is the least problem, why bring a gay man to a show on national TV to discuss homosexuality. Why not other important national issues?

Follow the money.

Have you ever wondered how these people make their money?
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 1:35am On Nov 01, 2013
king94: U ar harping on sumtin dat happened years ago.Anywaiz,a talk show aims 2 discuss diff issues.Some topics mite be 'controversial' nd some mite affect d sensibilities of some ppl.Talkshows help 2 broaden d discourse.

Ok tell Oprah Winfrey to take on Prophet Mohammed (SAW) or the Koran and let's see how broadened the discourse can be, whether she won't be in hiding for the rest of her life?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

BBNaija: Cindy Kisses Sir Dee On His Chest As He Puts On A Bra (Photos) / Ajmoney, Tega’s Husband: I Cheated On Her In Our Matrimonial Home / Efe Was Drunk: Will It Make Him Not To Win BBNaija?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.