Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Trousers In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trousers In Church (811 Views)

Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? / Women On Trousers In The Church / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trousers In Church by opaeduc: 10:20am On Jul 10, 2008
trousers in church! good or bad? smiley
Re: Trousers In Church by vanariso(m): 11:48am On Jul 10, 2008
READ ALL SCRITURES AND
SAY THE TRUTH AND LET IT SET U FREE(christians)
Say the truth even if its as bitter as MURU.Say the truth even if u have to die for it.(MUSLIMS)
Just like its wrong for a man to put on ear-rings(forget the americans,they re devils platform)its wrong for a woman to wear trousers anywhere, not even in church.

SEARCH YOUR MIND AND DONT BE BIAS
Re: Trousers In Church by AKO1(m): 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2008
"Always search before posting; old topics must not be repeated."

Did you not read that?

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-13329.0.html
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4928.0.html
Re: Trousers In Church by prizeless(m): 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2008
i think u shoukd all go ask Jesus, just like the pharisees asked Him about the woman caught in adultery and see what His reply will be
Re: Trousers In Church by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2008
trousers. good or bad in the mosque? smiley
Re: Trousers In Church by uchetobi(f): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2008
Watever works for u!
Re: Trousers In Church by ifyalways(f): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2008
prizeless:

i think u shoukd all go ask Jesus, just like the pharisees asked Him about the woman caught in adultery and see what His reply will be
wink
Re: Trousers In Church by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 11, 2008
Its not about wearing it to church, its wat a true christian shld stand for- TRUTH. Deut 22:5 tells us the answer. A true christian sister that luvs and honors God's word above all, wil not put on trousers in the name of 'it doesn't matter, christianity is in the heart'. They 4get that God's says that as a man thinketh in his heart so is he. A christian woman filled with the holyghost will not dress in a way that makes her look like a man, or in a way that worldly men wil love. That is the truth. Shalom
Re: Trousers In Church by baby4life: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2008
Hello, as a child of God, you are not suppose to wear trouser in the church
is a sin.

God made woman body as a holy temple.and also u have to respect God.
He is our creator, He who created heaven and earth.

Thanks very much.
God blessed you all in JESUS NAME AMEN.
Re: Trousers In Church by baby4life: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2008
is a sin.

God made woman  body as a holy temple.and also  u have to respect God.

Thanks very much.
Re: Trousers In Church by Oby1(f): 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2008
baby4life:

is a sin.

God made woman body as a holy temple.and also u have to respect God.

Thanks very much.

Is it only in the Church?
Re: Trousers In Church by littleb(m): 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2008
@davidylan

trousers. good or bad in the mosque?

If you want detail answers open a new a thread and give it a separate title. Read the title to yourself!
Re: Trousers In Church by Oby1(f): 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2008
uchetobi:

Watever works for u!

Uche note WHATEVER is not for a good christain
Re: Trousers In Church by alexleo(m): 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2008
Its bad to me
Re: Trousers In Church by Lady2(f): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2008
1. Why this topic? There are so many more like it
2. Where does it say that women can't wear trousers? Not all trousers are suited for men, thanks.
3. Do you know that men didn't wear trousers back in the day and what they wore were skirts?
4 So should those men, e.g. Moses, Abraham, Jacob, Isaac, Isaiah, Jeremiah, the Apostles, and so on be punished for not wearing a trouser?
5 Did you know that Jesus wore skirts shocked shocked SHOCKING EH.

Honestly the stupidity of people do not amaze me, well not anymore.
Re: Trousers In Church by AKO1(m): 12:04am On Jul 25, 2008
I took this picture in an interdenominational church in my area:

[size=5pt]NO WEARING OF LIPSTICK DURING HOLY COMMUNION SERVICE OR YOU WILL BE SKIPPED!!![/size] LMAO!!! grin grin grin grin

Re: Trousers In Church by dudu19(m): 12:12am On Jul 25, 2008
Which kind thread be this @poster civilization never reach una village,
wetin do trouser do church, ur devotion and commitment is the more important
to God than wetin u wear oooooooo so wake up.
Re: Trousers In Church by Lady2(f): 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2008
NO WEARING OF LIPSTICK DURING HOLY COMMUNION SERVICE OR YOU WILL BE SKIPPED!!! LMAO!!!

LOLOL. Where did you get that from?
I do have to say it is a bit annoying though when women wear such heavy lipsticks and drink the wine. It seems no matter how much the lay person wipes the lipstick doesn't want to come off. I wonder where they make those lipsticks. It's Super Lipstick.
Re: Trousers In Church by Shaz(f): 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2008
How is wearing trousers offending God?

And yeah, Deuteronomy 22:5 - I can also interpret that to mean a woman should not put on clothes that a man as worn and vice versa. How about men putting on wrappers? Or shirts - in fact, did they have shirts in the days of the Bible? Or trousers for you to conclude that it was trousers that was being referred to?

And what of scottish men that put on 'skirts'? Should we UnCloth them?
Re: Trousers In Church by kufreabasi(m): 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2008
Troynow:

Its not about wearing it to church, its what a true christian shld stand for- TRUTH. Deut 22:5 tells us the answer. A true christian sister that luvs and honors God's word above all, wil not put on trousers in the name of 'it doesn't matter, christianity is in the heart'. They forget that God's says that as a man thinketh in his heart so is he. A christian woman filled with the holyghost will not dress in a way that makes her look like a man, or in a way that worldly men wil love. That is the truth. Shalom

This is quite true. But ignorance ones will tell you that, that quotation is in the OLD TESTAMENT.what is bible meant for? I was taught that ''bible is a collection of a God divine word''.

what is really wrong with old testament and new testament for christ sake?
Re: Trousers In Church by timimatrix: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2008
there is nothing like trouser in the bible, trouser were just formed some years ago which have noting to do with wearing or not.the most important thing is why are you wearing what you wear .men are to wear skirt in the bible,there is noting like trouser.
Re: Trousers In Church by Lady2(f): 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2008
there is nothing like trouser in the bible, trouser were just formed some years ago which have noting to do with wearing or not.the most important thing is why are you wearing what you wear .men are to wear skirt in the bible,there is noting like trouser.

eh, but skirts are still here today, so why shouldn't those men who wore skirts in the Bible be flogged for it, or sent to hell, after all skirts are for women.
Elevate yourself by getting an education.

This is quite true. But ignorance ones will tell you that, that quotation is in the OLD TESTAMENT.what is bible meant for? I was taught that ''bible is a collection of a God divine word''.

what is really wrong with old testament and new testament for christ sake?

Jesus Christ wore skirts and that is in the New Testament so what's your excuse for that one?
Re: Trousers In Church by taboa: 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2008
trousers or no trousers, what matters most? If the same Holy Spirit which is in our hearts is the one leading us then why all this confusion? i believe what matters most is our relationship with God and how close you are with Him and then He who knows all truth will reveal it to you since He loves you and wants you to spent eternity with Him
Re: Trousers In Church by mikail001(m): 3:25pm On Sep 16, 2008
What is natural is natural and naturally true too. What is true is usually very simple to discern, but unfortunately we try to put it at the background. Wearing trousers is wrong and should be treated as such! PERIOD!

(1) (Reply)

Truckling To The Faithful: A Spoonful Of Jesus Helps Darwin Go Down / The "god" We All Worship / The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.