Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Women On Trousers In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women On Trousers In The Church (8464 Views)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Trousers In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women On Trousers In The Church by darexfire: 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2010
This issue is controversial, with certain believers claiming that God addressed the issue in the book of deut: 22; 5
“The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man; neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so is abomination unto the lord thy God.”
A lot of people have taken this to mean that the woman should not wear trousers, and that men should not wear wrappers. Those who do so are said to be contravening the law of God .Some claim that men can wear wrappers or ropes ,because the way men wears them is different from the way women wear them.
If you study the verse you  will see that God was not talking of fashion, he did not say women should not wear a fashion that pertain to man and vice versa. If he had said fashion Moses and Aaron would have been dead  because as a priest they were always wearing skirt.
Psalm133:1, 2 “Behold, how good and pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity, it is like the precious ointment upon the head of Aaron’s beard: that went down the skirts of his garments”
Can you see Aaron had a skirt and always wore it to minister to God?
The word pertaineth means belong, women were not allowed to wear that which a man has put on, not that woman cannot buy trouser in the market and wear for herself. God did not say don’t wear that which is known to be men’s style of dressing “or vice versa.
Rather clothing which has been used by men was not to be used by women that will be considered abomination before God. http://Bibleversesexposition..com
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2010
x
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Acidosis(m): 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2010
A link is not enough to justify your convinctions.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Joagbaje(m): 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2010
Jesus wore skirt too!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by alexleo(m): 4:05pm On Jul 06, 2010
All this interpretations that you are giving is just to satisfy your interest. Heaven cannot be too cheap. There are things we must let go for the sake of Jesus. Human beings are generally selfish. The idea of women wearing trouser originated from prostitutes who saw it as something that will make them sexy and appealing to men. So why is it that men are not wearing skirt today as women wear trouser if thats not what God means in deutronomy? Truth is that satan does not trade where he cannot profit. He knows that trousers and indecent wears on ladies can seduce the men to sin against God and thats why he is pushing the whole world crazy about it and using all these fake pastors to support them. A lady cannot be seduced by a man on skirt so satan sees no gain in pursuing that. I ve always asked ladiese this- what if you get to the judgement throne and you find that those trousers you ve been wearing are recorded as sin against you, What will you then do? Go to hell and spend eternity. Lets be careful.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Acidosis(m): 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2010
alexleo:

All this interpretations that you are giving is just to satisfy your interest. Heaven cannot be too cheap. There are things we must let go for the sake of Jesus. Human beings are generally selfish. The idea of women wearing trouser originated from love-peddlers who saw it as something that will make them sexy and appealing to men. So why is it that men are not wearing skirt today as women wear trouser if thats not what God means in deutronomy? Truth is that satan does not trade where he cannot profit. He knows that trousers and indecent wears on ladies can seduce the men to sin against God and thats why he is pushing the whole world crazy about it and using all these fake pastors to support them. A lady cannot be seduced by a man on skirt so satan sees no gain in pursuing that. I ve always asked ladiese this- what if you get to the judgement throne and you find that those trousers you ve been wearing are recorded as sin against you, What will you then do? Go to hell and spend eternity. Lets be careful.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by meyri: 7:19am On Jul 07, 2010
Instead of being biblical about it, let just say, if a women were to be a part of wedding party or was invited to a formal she should wear a Skirt or a dress. So if should a women should go to church she should wear a skirt or a dress. Church is considered formal.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by nuclearboy(m): 8:20am On Jul 07, 2010
@alexleo:

I love your manner and arguments but you should try take another look at the OP's message in relation to Aaron wearing Skirts! I do not have evidence that Jesus wore but surely the "law" you push here would have caught Aaron! Clothing is mainly a matter of culture with for example, Irish men wearing Skirts.

I think these are small issues before God when you consider truth, righteousness and love. The only comment I have on women wearing trousers is that they should be decent - one worn with thongs showing underneath or cut all over in the name of fashion is definitely wrong. Remember the night vigils we have - without jeans, mosquitoes will send you to hospital and I think what will cheapen God most is to ask Him to protect us from mosquitoes because we don't want to wear trousers

OP's assertions make sense if decency is implied in the trousers.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by e36991: 8:58am On Jul 07, 2010
nuclearboy:

@alexleo:

I love your manner and arguments but you should try take another look at the OP's message in relation to Aaron wearing Skirts!

I do not have evidence that Jesus wore but surely the "law" you push here would have caught Aaron!

Clothing is mainly a matter of culture with for example, Irish men wearing Skirts.

I think these are small issues before God when you consider truth, righteousness and love.

The only comment I have on women wearing trousers is that they should be decent

- one worn with thongs showing underneath or cut all over in the name of fashion is definitely wrong.

Remembered the night vigils we have - without jeans, mosquitoes will send you to hospital

and I think what will cheapen God most is to ask Him to protect us from mosquitoes because we don't want to wear trousers

OP's assertions make sense if decency is implied in the trousers.

@^^^

True talk . . . but Scottish not Irish men wink

Some are predators wearing hip and a$$ hugging jeans to deliberately set eyes rolling and heads turning

Same can be said of men that wear sleeveless (i.e. show-me-your-muscles) with the mindset to set the opposite gender off on lustful and fantasy trips

At the end of the day, it starts from the heart and the motive . . .

Is it the right thing to be done. Is it the right time or place for it. Is one at right with God on/with it.

You are justified if all threes are ticked if not then scratch the idea
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by kehneah: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2010
Joagbaje:

Jesus wore skirt too!
pls how'd u know jesus wore skirt??
i dont rily fink theres anyfin wrong with it as long as u look good in it and it looks good on u,
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by ogajim(m): 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2010
Pastor Joagbaje with his outlandish comments again shocked shocked shocked

Robes are not the same thing as skirts :

–noun
the part of a gown, dress, slip, or coat that extends downward from the waist.
a one-piece garment extending downward from the waist and not joined between the legs, worn esp. by women and girls.
some part resembling or suggesting the skirt of a garment, as the flared lip of a bell or a protective and ornamental cloth strip covering the legs of furniture.

Joke: If you want to know what's under a Scott man's kilt, look for the dandruff on the shoes!
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by alexleo(m): 8:48am On Jul 08, 2010
nuclearboy,
like i said, human beings are selfish and have reasons for all their actions yet God's judgement is not based on our reasons. A robber will tell you that he went into robbery due to the fact that he has no job and nobody to help him, yet that does not justify him before God. A s-ex hawker will tell you that he went into it because of no job and nobody to help her, yet she is not justified before God. A woman who is going for night vigil is not going there to sleep but to pray. Prayer involves body movement which mosquitos cannot have their way like that. Ladies has a thousand and one decent styles they can make with both the native and english fabrics yet trouser and the indecent styles remains so attractive to them including the married women. A married woman will tell you she is wearing those things so that her husband wont be runing after the girls that wears them. Yet the men keeps runing after those girls inspite of the efforts of their wives to please them. Every reason that is not of God cannot bring any solution. Check this, fashion is deteriorating. From wearing mini it went down to micro mini, then to show back, to show boobs, to ash levels to hot pant etc. These fashions have become idols. The whole world is crazy about it. Satan is at work using these pastors to encourage this decline. Yet the fact remains, heaven cannot be too cheap. You dress any how and live your life anyhow and when you die you walk into heaven just like that? NO . God bless u.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by nuclearboy(m): 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2010
Yes O, e36991, its Scottish Kilts not Irish skirts cool

@Alexleo:

I get your point but there are a number of situations that really demand such. The military during warfare is an example of such. Sports is another. Even Worship of God in the Old Testament required Aaron to wear skirts, as darexfire said. I also, like him, think this is a small issue before God as long as it is not worn with the intent of seduction.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by lactemps(m): 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2010
hmmm
everything done is excess is a sin,
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2010
which kain skirt be that one? Skirt ko, wrapper ni. Pick up other versions if you can't understand the kjv.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by zoe80: 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2010
Oh God, thy Word is setle in Heaven.
God has spoken once, twice have I heard it that all power belong to God. Hmmmmn.,
This kind of xtianity that uses common sence to judge spiritual things. 1 Cor.1:18-31, pls any lady that goes against the word of God will go to hell. Take that from God
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by alexleo(m): 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2010
nuclearboy thanks for your approach to issues. I appreciate.
Humanly speaking, you have a point there. Millitary and paramillitary has there attire which of course doesnt fall into the fashion we are talking about. Even millitary women in most cases prefers going to their office on mufty and put on their attire when they get to the office. Same happens when work is over. The spirit behind the fashion we are talking about here has no business in the millitary attire, thats how i see it. I may be right or wrong. I am not infallible thats why I am always more interested about how God judges a particular thing than how i judge it. I believe if we as christians should continually ask God to let his will and purpose control all our thoughts and actions some of this things will become easy for us to drop. Its not by power nor by might but by my spirit says the Lord. I love my wife very much and she knows. I dont need her to expose her body or dress indecently for me to appreciate her. Yet she dresses so well and so decently which makes her beauty to radiate with such glory that makes me thank God for giving her to me. Pls children of God here, lets pray God to give us the grace to please him(God) even it means displeasing ourselves. He created us for His own pleasure and not for our own pleasure. God bless you.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by ice234: 10:50pm On Jul 08, 2010
I think for morality purpose the girls shouldn't put on that. But i dont see anything wrong with it
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 9:42am On Jul 09, 2010
Ehn ehn, no reply. The Bible doesn't say that Moses or Aaron or Jesus wore skirt. Skirt in passage quoted just means hem, edge, end. Like outskirts i.e the ending/ or outer parts. Try another excuse pls.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by DeepSight(m): 10:34am On Jul 09, 2010
Is anybody having such a primitive discussion in the 21st century? ? ?

What a bunch of dolts.

Don't worry. migrate to Saudi Arabia - trust me - you will have enough of the decently dressed women you want.

Clowns.

Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by OnyinyeGod(f): 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2010
@alexleo, I love u, i love u, i love u soooooo much. Speak the truth raw and undiluted. I love it like that. I thank God that there is still born again christian like u out there. MAY U REMAIN BLESSED. SPREAD THE WORD OF HIM THAT BROUGHT US OUT OF THIS CROWD INTO HIS MARVELOUS LIGHT. AM HAPPY FOR U. I ASK FOR A DROP OF UR ANOINTING SIR.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Tonyet1(m): 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2010
Mr.Alexeo,

I find your post really exhortive but like Nuclearboy said "The only comment I have on women wearing trousers is that they should be decent - one worn with thongs showing underneath or cut all over in the name of fashion is definitely wrong"

lets see it this way

God's dealing with Man has always been Spirit-based, for He is a Spirit and let those who worship Him do so in spirit and truth. Trying to introduce cultures into spiritual issues will mean having several doctrines and denomination as it's the case today.

- Nigerians before the advent of the colonials were known to put on wrappers i.e. on the waist alone for the men while the women add a little to their chest to cover the breast, even some part of the country then where spotted to having their females going bare even on the chest. which when deduced means THE DRESSING CULTURE in this part of the world then where wrappers only.

Now if when the colonials had come with the gospels to this 'primitive Nigerians' and saved souls and yet our primitives still refused to buy into the dressing culture of the white man it then means we would have prolly been seen going on bare till date. Now the onus is "will our refusal to dressing culture of the white have anything to bother God so long as His people have received the good news of Salvation? absolutely no!

- Your argument that the females wear troussers to seduce men and therefore it's wrong to put it i'll say is really not a basic at all, take it or leave it, nature by God's design fashioned females to seduce their opp.gender to sexual activity. with all due respect, i'll say you were seduced by your wife's beauty consciously or unconsciously to marrying her even though she must have prolly done her's in a modest and decent way. which is where I think the issue of trousser doesnt play a part in seduction rather its with the personalities involved.

Besides even the skirts females wear both have the wrong ones and do the right ones, same applies for female pants.

cheers!

1 Like

Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Acidosis(m): 3:43pm On Jul 09, 2010
It Is Indeed An Undisputable Fact That Jesus Christ Can't Be Mocked. I Only Pity Those People Trying To 'Twist' The Bible In Other To Suit Themselves.
Some Can Even Explain Smoking, Drinking & Other Immoralities To Be Righteouness. I Timothy 4:1, "Some Shall Depart From The Faith, Giving Heed To Seducing Spirits And Doctrines Of Devil".
Trousers Are Basically Meant For Men, But Fashion Has Decieved Many! Some Can't Differentiate A Robe From A Skirt. Only An Insane Man Would Wear A Skirt Or A Bra On The Street, So Why The Trousers For Girls?
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Tonyet1(m): 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2010
Acidosis:

It Is Indeed An Undisputable Fact That Jesus Christ Can't Be Mocked. I Only Pity Those People Trying To 'Twist' The Bible In Other To Suit Themselves.
Some Can Even Explain Smoking, Drinking & Other Immoralities To Be Righteouness. I Timothy 4:1, "Some Shall Depart From The Faith, Giving Heed To Seducing Spirits And Doctrines Of Devil".
Trousers Are Basically Meant For Men, But Fashion Has Decieved Many! Some Can't Differentiate A Robe From A Skirt. Only An Insane Man Would Wear A Skirt Or A Bra On The Street, So Why The Trousers For Girls?

Therefore maybe i should say Skirts and caps are basically meant for women, meaning all the scottish christians and all dudes who wear caps will go to hell. hmmmm does it make any sense? absolutely not! undecided undecided
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Joagbaje(m): 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2010
Acidosis:

Either its for men o or women. It has no biblical hold on the christian. NO male No female.Christ is one. If God will not vex for Urhobo men with wrapper, scottish men, with skirt or kilt. Jewish men with gown,American girl with jeans, He is not angry with a nigerian lady with trouser. Either inside church or outside.

There is female trouser , There is male trouser

1 Like

Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 8:34pm On Jul 09, 2010
While left for me, i've got little or nothing to fret about wearing trousers seeing i'm male, it concerns me, the excuses often given and as seen in this thread. They're simply untenable as they don't hold water, when raw evidence is considered. One says God only looks at the spirit, another that jesus wore skirts, another that women should not wear trousers already worn by men. These sincerely are baseless. Salvation touches every part of a person. It affects spirit, soul and body, not only spirit. And our ways of life change.
Ephesians 2v2
Wherein in time past ye
walked according to the
course of this world
according to the prince of
the power of the air, the
spirit that now worketh in
the children of
disobedience: 3 Among
whom also we all had our
conversation in times past
in the lusts of our flesh,
fulfilling the desires of
the flesh and of the mind;
and were by nature the
children of wrath, even as
others.
There's a great change since we got born again. And yes skirts are for the female, men can cover their head with cap, except during prayer/prophecy as scripture teaches. God is a jealous God, and i continue to discover that He'd have us dump our gentile ways for His ways. The detail in which the scriptures talk about dressing is suprising compared to what we subconsciously think.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Chiddysville(m): 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2010
I thought Christianity is all about worshiping God in spirit and truth and loving your neighbor as yourself. @poster, what has trouser got to do with your faith? What happened to decency in all things in life? If you are talking of dressing, have you given your root a thought? FYI, in my place, men do tie wrappers and that doesn't make us less Christians. Please stop deceiving people with your false doctrines as nobody cares if you go ahead to cover your wife with hijab. May be next time you come and tell me how not to sleep with my wife. Nonsense
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Image123(m): 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2010
And what is truth? How do you ascertain what makes us less christians or more christians?
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by ITbomb(m): 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2010
if u ask me, i put d blame squarely on ur fathers for not educating us on our heritage cos from d little i came to see, they never wore trousers. D white man came with his own culture n we threw away ours instead of integrating it.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Joagbaje(m): 2:23am On Jul 10, 2010
Image123:

And yes skirts are for the female, men can cover their head with cap, except during prayer/prophecy as scripture teaches

You could have said wrapper is for women too!.But it's not exactly so. We don't bring culture into Christ.One culture entertain certain wears another entertain other wears. It is not Gods business. In Israel , there was no male and female wear. They all wore thesame gown, both male and female.God is not in fashion as regard sex, And men don't need to remove cap for prayer. Besides , we are not under law.Even if we are under the law, The law was wrongly applied in the area of fashion by religious people ignorantly.
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by bawomolo(m): 5:11am On Jul 10, 2010
this is only controversial in nigeria.

i imagine refusing to wear trousers in winter weather
Re: Women On Trousers In The Church by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 10, 2010
“[b]The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a ma[/b]n; neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so is abomination unto the lord thy God.”

I think God was talking about strap ons tongue

I wear skinny jeans to church, very comfy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can man live without God? Why do people who reject God seem to live happy lives / How Did You Become An Atheist / 5 Unbelievably Good Reasons To Read Your Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.