Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (416156 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by MacSmart(m): 12:02am On Jan 12, 2020
demo4ril97:
Hi Self-Publishers,

I did purchased the rocket license key 5-weeks ago but must say I'm finding it hard to start writing at this time, reason is that I want to understand if we should focus more on "Competition Score" or "Number of Competitors" when using the rocket software.

For example, do I go for a keyword with "552" competitors and "45" as competition score, or "3856" competitors and "30" as competition score. Both have a good search volume and earnings.

obamartins, virgo01, macsmart and others.

The most important thing is search volume. Ensure that people are searching for the product. Next is the average income of books in the keyword. If it is much, it means people are buying. The final thing is no of competitors. That is the factor that makes me dump a keyword. The lower the number of competitors, the better for you.

50 people with average income of $9879 with a search volume of 5000 per month is better than

5892 people with average income of $50000 with search volume of 10000 per month.

My opinion.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 12, 2020
Hi guys i have a book to write but did some keywords research a found out there are about 900 books the last time i checked and discovered the best seller sells about 600 books per month.
So just wanted to ask the bosses in the house if it a good catch
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by demo4ril97(m): 7:38am On Jan 12, 2020
MacSmart:

The most important thing is search volume. Ensure that people are searching for the product. Next is the average income of books in the keyword. If it is much, it means people are buying. The final thing is no of competitors. That is the factor that makes me dump a keyword. The lower the number of competitors, the better for you.

50 people with average income of $9879 with a search volume of 5000 per month is better than

5892 people with average income of $50000 with search volume of 10000 per month.

My opinion.
much appreciated thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Macgyver1: 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
MacSmart:

My opinion.

Hi bro, what do you think of this keyword analysis, screenshot attached.

Number of competition 10 people, average monthly earnings $3204, average search volume of 1,157, competitive score 70.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Lolo24: 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2020
Macgyver1:

Number of competition 10 people, average monthly earnings $3204, average search volume of 1,157, competitive score 70.

It's cool

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Macgyver1: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
Lolo24:

It's cool

Hi, thanks for your response. Can you share any tips on the parameters you look at when using the software.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Lolo24: 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2020
Macgyver1:

Hi, thanks for your response. Can you share any tips on the parameters you look at when using the software.

Some times the stats are not correct. I prefer keywords with 100+ search results. When I see a promising keyword on rocket, I check for it on Amazon. In order for me to use it, the books in that niche must have reviews and good bsr. Sometimes I check on Google to confirm that people are really searching for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Macgyver1: 5:37pm On Jan 13, 2020
Lolo24:

Some times the stats are not correct. I prefer keywords with 100+ search results. When I see a promising keyword on rocket, I check for it on Amazon. In order for me to use it, the books in that niche must have reviews and good bsr. Sometimes I check on Google to confirm that people are really searching for it.

Okay thanks. I checked it on Amazon, there are good reviews and good BSR too. Thanks for the tips.

Over 43 million search on Google

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by MacSmart(m): 8:48am On Jan 14, 2020
Macgyver1:

I think it is cool, but because of the competition, u might need to promote ur book a little.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Macgyver1: 9:30am On Jan 14, 2020
MacSmart:

I think it is cool, but because of the competition, u might need to promote ur book a little.

Okay bro, thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by pakingzzzzz(m): 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
I can help you design your Kindle cover page.
Write me on kingsleyobinna26@yahoo.com
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Skykid1208(m): 3:11pm On Jan 14, 2020
Appliedmaths:

For your num 3)

Select the TOC(table of contents) , click insert, enter bookmarks , add bookmark as "ref_TOC".
Then go to chapter 1, but this time around not on the TOC rather go to the main chapter 1 where you will start writing your contents(words), also select this chapter 1, insert bookmark and add as "chap1" mind you no space and no quotation mark I only used it to emphasize. NB that we are not on the chapter1 in the TOC yet.

Ok, now go to the chapter 1 on the TOC, click insert , add hyperlink , you'll see a "link to:" tag at the top of your page then look inside the "select a place in this document" you'll see our "chap1" that we added as a bookmark earlier click it and press ok. You're done.

2) check the previous page I posted and order of arrangement which I think you'll find useful.

1) Yes nah' start a new chapter on a fresh page. Shew!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
The only problem im facing now is to hit publish because amazon isnt allowing me because i havent done the two way verification. I am not receiving the OTP to verify my nigerian number, or do i have to use a USA number of my relative for it to work? Meanwhile i have deactivated DND(do not disturb) on my line just because of this process so i can receive the OTP, but that didnt work too. I would really appreciate your help, thank you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by eliok(m): 12:35am On Jan 15, 2020
Jackofall:
The only problem im facing now is to hit publish because amazon isnt allowing me because i havent done the two way verification. I am not receiving the OTP to verify my nigerian number, or do i have to use a USA number of my relative for it to work? Meanwhile i have deactivated DND(do not disturb) on my line just because of this process so i can receive the OTP, but that didnt work too. I would really appreciate your help, thank you.
use another Nigerian number. Or try again later. Sometime opt for email otp
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 15, 2020
eliok:
use another Nigerian number. Or try again later. Sometime opt for email otp

Thank you I used another number and it worked. Please how long did it take before they finally publish your books, I just hit publish for mine. Also can I change the price later in future after it has been published? Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by eliok(m): 10:25am On Jan 15, 2020
Jackofall:

Thank you I used another number and it worked. Please how long did it take before they finally publish your books, I just hit publish for mine. Also can I change the price later in future after it has been published? Thanks
paperback is 24 hours
EBook six hours or less
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by JafunmiFX: 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
Please I've created my low content book since Monday and it has not go live yet...I didn't receive any message of it being rejected either...what's wrong please
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Mcslize: 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2020
JafunmiFX:
Please I've created my low content book since Monday and it has not go live yet...I didn't receive any message of it being rejected either...what's wrong please

What's it showing on your dashboard? "IN REVIEW" or "PUBLISHING"?

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by JafunmiFX: 8:48pm On Jan 15, 2020
Mcslize:

What's it showing on your dashboard? "IN REVIEW" or "PUBLISHING"?
Some are IN REVIEW
Only one is in PUBLISHING
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Mcslize: 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2020
JafunmiFX:

Some are IN REVIEW
Only one is in PUBLISHING

Just be patient. It will go live. Amazon always take their time to approve every published book these days.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 17, 2020
HeliosHay:

Non-fiction is the best for beginners in my opinion. Fiction is more scalable than non-fiction but it requires a LOT OF MONEY to play big in that market. I publish exclusively in non-fiction and it has been very profitable so I see no need to venture into fiction. You can do well in non-fiction if you apply yourself and never give up.

If you're looking for what's possible, in June I made over $11,700 and so far this year I've brought in over $74,000.

June Income breakdown

KDP (ebook + KENP) = $1447.62
KDP Paperback Sales = $4026.74
Audiobook Sales = $6256.50

Total Earnings = $11,730.86 (N4.22 million)

Stick to non-fiction

Im encouraged by your earnings thanks for posting. I almost got discouraged.
I started publishing in December 2019 and presently, I have one Fiction, one nonfiction and about six low contents (journals). But my broad I just had ab eBook sale yesterday. Almost a month and just one sale.

Now my questions are,

1. How many books do you have to have generated this huge income.

2. I just got to kno about upwork on this thread today. Pls how much does it take to get books written on Upwork.

3. And lastly, do you use auto uploaded app for mass upload.

Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by obamartins(m): 10:53am On Jan 17, 2020
Macgyver1:

This is a good keyword and can give you huge organic sales. But b4 you jump in, check if the sales figure is spread across books ranking for that keyword. If that is the case, jump in. Secondly, I only one book is raking in all the monies and the others are just struggling, run away from just title(keyword). Why did I say this? It could be that the author of the book raking in all the money is a celebrity or the person is doing mad marketing. Finally, if you are diving in, make sure the title is not trademarked. As writing on a trademarked title could lead to account termination. Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 17, 2020
eliok:
hmm? Stop the free downloads.
Edit the content on kdp dashboard and enable DRM.
Add keywords to be discovered in the sub title . I mean add more keyword in subtitle and description.
Leave it for a week. Welcome to paid downloads.
PS. Do free promo when your sign up form is up in your manuscript. That way you get followers to sell to

Please what is DRM and why is it wise to enable it. May be that's why I have just a sale in 3weeks of being on kdp.

Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 17, 2020
sparkle7:
For your kindle book covers, contact me at 080.27.57.26..88

grin
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 17, 2020
HeliosHay:
Finally Crossed The $15,000/month Mark

The month of September was a great month.

1. I finally crossed the $15,000 earnings in a month
2. I surpassed $100,000 in 2019 earnings
3. I earned $6000+ in paperback sales
4. I had 30 consecutive days of selling 25+ paperbacks a day

Ingramspark was a welcome surprise as well. Below is a breakdown of earnings

KDP (ebook + KENP) - $1780.47
KDP Paperback - $6611.48
ACX Audiobook - $4873
Ingramspark - $1785.37

Total - $15,050 (N5.42 million)

2019 Earnings To Date - $105,086 (N37.8 million)

The Power Of Focus and Goal Setting

Last year (2018), I set a goal to hit $10,000 a month. That was a scary number for me at the time. But I believed it could be done. I worked tirelessly towards it every day and I managed to meet that target in November 2018. I repeated it again in December 2018.

Later in January 2019, I set an audacious goal: To hit $20,000/month before December 2019...effectively doubling my 2018 goal. I was scared that I was being too ambitious and this was a ridiculous goal to set. However, there's something mysterious that happens when you set a goal and become obsessed with hitting it. Ideas start coming to you revealing ways you can improve your business to help you hit that figure.

One of those ideas eventually led me to Ingramspark and, 3 months to go, I'm very close to hitting 20,000 a month.

I encourage you to never give up. Set goals and work tirelessly towards it regardless of the challenges.

Some people buckle whenever they meet a challenge - they throw in the towel and give up.

Others see a challenge as a minor speed bump...they gather themselves together and forge ahead. Those are the ones that usually make it at the end of the tunnel.

Napoleon Hill said "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve"

Believe you have what it takes to reach your dream goal.

Pls how do you get your books into Audio. And does kdp have a platform for audio books sales.

Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Macgyver1: 11:48am On Jan 17, 2020
obamartins:

This is a good keyword and can give you huge organic sales. But b4 you jump in, check if the sales figure is spread across books ranking for that keyword. If that is the case, jump in. Secondly, I only one book is raking in all the monies and the others are just struggling, run away from just title(keyword). Why did I say this? It could be that the author of the book raking in all the money is a celebrity or the person is doing mad marketing. Finally, if you are diving in, make sure the title is not trademarked. As writing on a trademarked title could lead to account termination. Good luck.

Thank you bro. The title is not trademarked, I checked. The earnings is also spread across different books on a monthly basis.

Do you publish no content/low content books?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 17, 2020
IBINDTOMYSELF:
Who needs a publisher rocket license here?
I'd give you for a token.
My way of giving back!

I do
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
IBINDTOMYSELF:
mail me- JennyRobertsF@gmail.com
With the heading - Publisher rocket �

Please help a brother.

aderinde3@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
mrufainaira:
Anybody willing to grant me Designerr
software Access for a token do mail me maryrufai@gmail.com

You can get the android app of it and it works fine. That's what I use
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
LaCremy:
Have you designed your book covers yet?

Get in touch 081-24-90-85-50

Your design is not up to standard. Learn the art of design before going commercial.

Stay blessed
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

Pls how do you get your books into Audio. And does kdp have a platform for audio books sales.

Thanks

You publish on audio via the ACX platform

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (202) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

Viewing this topic: Walexy96

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.