Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,346 members, 7,836,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (418663 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 9:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
Cul4real: pls guide me with d idea u adopted, is voter‘s card allowed, did u used postal address and how many days it took you from registration day to get d card?
I used voters card
I used a post office box address. (Nipost)
I applied first in April, but since I didn't receive d card, I complained some 14days ago and they re-issued the card. Lo and behold my dad pay me a visit today and handed me the white envelop containing d card frm payoneer.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mintyx(m): 1:27am On Sep 19, 2014
Hello Everyone, please i want the OP and other successful Kindle Pro to criticize this book constructively. Forget about the niche, i just want to know if the title is right or could have been done better and other things on the cover page and inside. it is my first book and no sales yet..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NLO7FAK

Also, must the book stay up to a month since it is my first to run a free promo on it or how do i go about scheduling it now.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 11:33am On Sep 19, 2014
juwoonn:
Its just 14days of complaint and I've gotten my payoneer card through post office.
Chai! grin
they would not approve my application o, i don't know why. It's been 3weeks now. I have used all the format i know of in inputing the number but my phone keeps responding "the number you have dialled is not correct." how did you use the number or how did you send your complaint?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 11:54am On Sep 19, 2014
mintyx: Hello Everyone, please i want the OP and other successful Kindle Pro to criticize this book constructively. Forget about the niche, i just want to know if the title is right or could have been done better and other things on the cover page and inside. it is my first book and no sales yet..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NLO7FAK

Also, must the book stay up to a month since it is my first to run a free promo on it or how do i go about scheduling it now.
As a buyer, when i saw the book, i thought it looks really perfect. If i had my paypal acct. set i could get a copy, but i'd need more details of the book before i made payment. So a question:
how does a buyer get a little more details of the book? Like an abstract.
As a colleague in the business, i thought that you restrict the market by using the word 'teens' and it might be the reason for poor sales.
Above all, i think that it'll take time for 'word' to go round about the book and it's generally up to chance. I strive to publish my first book at present and i also expect the latency of sales that you face.

Are you Lisa Moore?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Cul4real(m): 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
juwoonn:
I used voters card
I used a post office box address. (Nipost)
I applied first in April, but since I didn't receive d card, I complained some 14days ago and they re-issued the card. Lo and behold my dad pay me a visit today and handed me the white envelop containing d card frm payoneer.
Thank you ooo
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Cul4real(m): 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
Zico0: . You need a payoneer acct. It is a US acct. Just go to payoneer dot com and sign up. What you'll need for registration is a only a valid voter or national id card and an email address.
Me, i have registered for the account but they would not approve my application since 2 weeks now and i'm doubtful of the whole payoneer thing-whether it is open to Nigerians. And then there is part of sending a card from far far away America to my door step in Nigeria for free: where does that happen?
Thank you bros
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bobojoshua(m): 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
mk82:
RESEARCH: METHOD TO NARROW DOWN A NICHE
-Go to Google, type Amazon bestsellers. Click on the amazon bestseller's link
-At amazon bestsellers, click on kindle store on the left side (do not use d search box at d top)
-at kindle store, click on kindle ebooks below it
-under kindle ebooks, u will see many categories. click on anyone dat u want and it will open subcategories. choose any subcategory and click until their is no more subs.
- At this point, start checking the 100 books that are listed for dat sub-subcategory.
-right click any of the listed books and check d product details. It should have amazon sales rank below 20,000.
-determine d keyword of dat book. For instance, it could be a book on anger management.
-now open amazon on anoda tab and go to kindle ebooks.use d search box to search for the keyword 'anger management'. when d results open,select 'new and popular' on d right side.
-Open about 10 of d books to check their product details. their should be at least 5 to 7 books with amazon sales rank around 10k,20k,30k,40k. there should be many odas below 100k.
-this shows money is circulating in dat niche.
if these criteria are not satisfied, go to the bestseller's page and start over. Avoid niches with many celebrity authors or those dat require professional qualifications.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
who will be kind enough to advice me on my case. I applied for a Payoneer acct. almost four weeks ago and it hasn't been approved. Is this normal? What can i do about it?, do i withdraw that application or apply for a new acct. with another personality?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
Zico0:
they would not approve my application o, i don't know why. It's been 3weeks now. I have used all the format i know of in inputing the number but my phone keeps responding "the number you have dialled is not correct." how did you use the number or how did you send your complaint?
I didn't make any phone call...
I only went through their site. Use the receive and withdraw button on their site.
If you've not, read all mk82's lecture and follow his instructions carefully. That was what I did.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mintyx(m): 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
Zico0:
As a buyer, when i saw the book, i thought it looks really perfect. If i had my paypal acct. set i could get a copy, but i'd need more details of the book before i made payment. So a question:
As a colleague in the business, i thought that you restrict the market by using the word 'teens' and it might be the reason for poor sales.
Above all, i think that it'll take time for 'word' to go round about the book and it's generally up to chance. I strive to publish my first book at present and i also expect the latency of sales that you face.

Are you Lisa Moore?

Thanks So much. I tought as much too and delibrated about that "teen" issue but may re-edit the cover to remove it. Thanks again for beign constructive in ur criticismz
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by etcme(m): 9:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
Zico0:

Are you Lisa Moore?
Lisa Moore is his pen name. Its allowed in Kindle Publishing.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mintyx(m): 9:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pls i will also need the input of the creator of this thread @mk8 on the book i wrote thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bobojoshua(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Please, what is the correct sequence to arrange the content of ebooks i.e table of content, book title,copyright page e.t.c
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
etcme:
Lisa Moore is his pen name. Its allowed in Kindle Publishing.
i'll not use a pen name. I believe in uniqueness in business. It presents as confidence.
It's just a mile that separates a book from a success. Go that extra mile and add your real name. It's either a total win or a total loss. Either way, talent dosen't run out.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
@mk82
On a completely off topic, has anyone recently applied for a payonneer card?. I did an was rejected in an instant, I sent an email to their support and sent them the required documents in hope that my application would be reconsidered, 3 business days gone and no response. I am beginning to wonder if I signed up for the wrong service. It appears there is a difference between applying for a payonneer account and applying for a US payment service.
Anyways, I tried applying for the US payment service but was not allowed to because I had signed up already.
I just want to know where exactly I went wrong.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:40am On Sep 20, 2014
bobojoshua: Please, what is the correct sequence to arrange the content of ebooks i.e table of content, book title,copyright page e.t.c
Book title page, copyright, Table of contents, Introduction, contents.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:45am On Sep 20, 2014
Sarahn: @mk82
On a completely off topic, has anyone recently applied for a payonneer card?. I did an was rejected in an instant, I sent an email to their support and sent them the required documents in hope that my application would be reconsidered, 3 business days gone and no response. I am beginning to wonder if I signed up for the wrong service. It appears there is a difference between applying for a payonneer account and applying for a US payment service.
Anyways, I tried applying for the US payment service but was not allowed to because I had signed up already.
I just want to know where exactly I went wrong.
While I'm not disputing your experience, I've never heard of anyone not being able to sign up for payoneer.
You have to register for the payoneer card before being eligible for the US payment service.

To register, go to payoneer dot com and click on "Receive and Withdraw". I gave more details elsewhere in this thread.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 1:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
mk82:
While I'm not disputing your experience, I've never heard of anyone not being able to sign up for payoneer.
You have to register for the payoneer card before being eligible for the US payment service.

To register, go to payoneer dot com and click on "Receive and Withdraw". I gave more details elsewhere in this thread.

That's exactly where I went. This is what I got.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sarahn:

That's exactly where I went. This is what I got.

Alright. Go to payoneer home page, mouse over support center, then click "contact us". On the Contact Us page, scroll down to "Send a message to customer support" then click on "Click here to contact Customer Support".
Now, fill in your name, email and every other requested detail (make sure it is the same with what you used to register previously).
In the slot for Program/Partner, scroll down and choose "Other".
Under category, choose Account Applications.
Under subject, choose My Application Was Denied And I Am Requesting To Have It....

In the space for "Your question or comment", tell them you applied previously and was denied. That you publish eBooks with Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing and you are applying for the Payoneer card so you can receive your payments.
If you already have a book published on Amazon, include the link to the book.

***If this does not work, send a message to the gmail in my profile.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 11:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
mk82:

Alright. Go to payoneer home page, mouse over support center, then click "contact us". On the Contact Us page, scroll down to "Send a message to customer support" then click on "Click here to contact Customer Support".
Now, fill in your name, email and every other requested detail (make sure it is the same with what you used to register previously).
In the slot for Program/Partner, scroll down and choose "Other".
Under category, choose Account Applications.
Under subject, choose My Application Was Denied And I Am Requesting To Have It....

In the space for "Your question or comment", tell them you applied previously and was denied. That you publish eBooks with Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing and you are applying for the Payoneer card so you can receive your payments.
If you already have a book published on Amazon, include the link to the book.

***If this does not work, send a message to the gmail in my profile.

Thanks have done so, Crossing fingers.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 1:34am On Sep 21, 2014
Not working. Sent you an email
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by etebefia: 8:05am On Sep 21, 2014
Please how much do you guys exchange dollar for naira at GTBank with payoneer, i went to withdraw at GTBank and surprisingly i was paid at the rate of $1 =#142, i thought $1 is between #160-162?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:28am On Sep 21, 2014
etebefia: Please how much do you guys exchange dollar for naira at GTBank with payoneer, i went to withdraw at GTBank and surprisingly i was paid at the rate of $1 =#142, i thought $1 is between #160-162?
Payoneer charges $3.15 per ATM withdrawal. This means if you have $100, you can only withdraw $96.85 (if you withdraw it at once).
Ideally, at N163 per dollar, $96.85 should give you N15786.55.
However, we usually end up getting about N150 -151 per dollar.
I think some inter-bank ATM charges are being taken by the local bank.

Use Zenith bank next time, they have better rates than GTB. The lowest I've withdrawn from Zenith was N149 per dollar when the exchange rate was 158.
Note: These charges will affect you more if you are withdrawing small amounts because it is the same $3.15 (and other charges) that will be taken.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by etebefia: 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
mk82:
Payoneer charges $3.15 per ATM withdrawal. This means if you have $100, you can only withdraw $96.85 (if you withdraw it at once).
Ideally, at N163 per dollar, $96.85 should give you N15786.55.
However, we usually end up getting about N150 -151 per dollar.
I think some inter-bank ATM charges are being taken by the local bank.

Use Zenith bank next time, they have better rates than GTB. The lowest I've withdrawn from Zenith was N149 per dollar when the exchange rate was 158.
Note: These charges will affect you more if you are withdrawing small amounts because it is the same $3.15 (and other charges) that will be taken.
thank you bros, for the insight, these nigerian banks are just stealing from us.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
Will be back to share my success story, thanks op. In btw, those looking at getting a professional cover can contact me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by cheehummer(f): 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
pls how do I handle the paragraph
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 7:49am On Oct 02, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX: Will be back to share my success story, thanks op. In btw, those looking at getting a professional cover can contact me.
i need a professional cover, how can i contact you?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 9:18am On Oct 02, 2014
Zico0:
i need a professional cover, how can i contact you?
Whatsapp /Call: 07035107792
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 9:21am On Oct 02, 2014
All thanks to the op, I should publish this week or early next week.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 3:15am On Oct 06, 2014
@ cheehummer,
While I am quite flattered by the fact you sent me a pm, it would be better if you spoke openly about the issues you are having with Kdp publishing here on this thread.So that others might learn. The people here know what they are doing and give free quality advice that you will not find anywhere else. (Trust me, I have searched).

Besides I am newbie myself, it would be a case of the blind leading the blind.
For instance, you can ask the likes of the op and other nairalanders who have actually published books and have received royalties any question about KDP publishing.

Sorry that I had to mention it here. I am not overtly fond of pms. I had previously had my email spammed by some peverted nairalander angry

As regards your question, I am afraid I don't understand it. Perhaps mk82 (the op) may be of help to you.
cheehummer:

I really hope this helps!

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:56am On Oct 06, 2014
cheehummer:
I made a post on paragraphs previously but maybe it was lost when nairaland crashed. But anyway, here goes...

I use Times New Romans font at 12 points. I do not indent the beginning of my paragraphs. Each paragraph is left-justified. I live one space in-between successive paragraphs since I don't indent the beginnings.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by cheehummer(f): 6:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
mk82:

I made a post on paragraphs previously but maybe it was lost when nairaland crashed. But anyway, here goes...

I use Times New Romans font at 12 points. I do not indent the beginning of my paragraphs. Each paragraph is left-justified. I live one space in-between successive paragraphs since I don't indent the beginnings.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (202) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.