Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (418686 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by henrimoto(m): 10:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
@mk82, prof. Hope you got my mail ?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by IRIENBOY(m): 6:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Is these true.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
"For example,
amazon.co.uk sales will accrue separately
from amazon.com sales. The balance of
each account will be paid sixty days after
the end of a month in which the balance
accrued meets the minimum threshold.
There is no minimum threshold for most
EFT payments. For royalties earned in the
amazon.co.br marketplace" it says sales will accrue, i.e as they are sold; and then the balance will be paid sixty days!! after the end of a month... Why does it take that long naa. That is, royalties will be paid in 90 days or do i misunderstand it. What is the minimum threshold?, anyone
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
Zico0: "For example,
amazon.co.uk sales will accrue separately
from amazon.com sales. The balance of
each account will be paid sixty days after
the end of a month in which the balance
accrued meets the minimum threshold.
There is no minimum threshold for most
EFT payments. For royalties earned in the
amazon.co.br marketplace" it says sales will accrue, i.e as they are sold; and then the balance will be paid sixty days!! after the end of a month... Why does it take that long naa. That is, royalties will be paid in 90 days or do i misunderstand it. What is the minimum threshold?, anyone
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
@zico0
According to Amazon FAQ, the minimum threshold for a check is $100. It takes about sixty days for them to pay you whether you are paid via check or eft. if you choose check, you may never receive it because our postal system is messed up.
Like mk82 said, it is better to use payonner. Why Amazon is slow to pay publishers and affiliates that I do not know. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
To upload content:

Click "Browse."
Navigate to the folder on your computer containing your book content file.
Select the file you want to upload and click "Open."
Your file will now enter the conversion process to the Kindle format

Once your upload and conversion is complete, you will see a confirmation message letting you know the upload and conversion was successful and ready for review.

please what other formatting do i have to do on my own end before i publish my book? it says there that kindle publish does the formatting itself.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
juwoonn:
Pls may I know ur location? Its almost 4 months and I have not received my payooner debit card, may be its a function of once location. I was just thinking of using dhl@ $60. But I don't want to spend that $60 on payooner. Did u got ur card through nipost?

I stay at idimu, Lagos. I had heard a lot of horror stories of people not getting their cards, and was surprised when my card arrived after exactly 4 weeks...no DHL, nothing.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bobojoshua(m): 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
Zico0:
To upload content:

Click "Browse."

Once your upload and conversion is complete, you will see a confirmation message letting you know the upload and conversion was successful and ready for review.

please what other formatting do i have to do on my own end before i publish my book? it says there that kindle publish does the formatting itself.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 1:14am On Sep 04, 2014
juwoonn:
Pls may I know ur location? Its almost 4 months and I have not received my payooner debit card, may be its a function of once location. I was just thinking of using dhl@ $60. But I don't want to spend that $60 on payooner. Did u got ur card through nipost?
" Outside the US call 1-847-451-1386
Choose option 3 from the menu and
follow the prompts.
Telephone support is free of charge.
International calls may carry a fee based
on your phone plan."
Why not attempt to call concerning non-reciept of your card?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 1:15am On Sep 04, 2014
Zico0:
To upload content:
Click "Browse."
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
kay29000:

I stay at idimu, Lagos. I had heard a lot of horror stories of people not getting their cards, and was surprised when my card arrived after exactly 4 weeks...no DHL, nothing.
U're lucky bro!

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 11:39am On Sep 06, 2014
Zico0: " Outside the US call 1-847-451-1386
follow the prompts.
on your phone plan."
I have sent them a msg and they've processed a replacement. Expecting that now.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by gabriel74: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
When a buyer buy the book In Amazon,how is the product been delivered, is it by shipping like physical items or he is given a download link to download the book? Then if it is delivered as a physical items, does it mean amazon print out the content and the hard cover and send to buyer in form of hand out or what? Just wondering I never buy book from amazon before. Thanks waiting your feedback
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
gabriel74: When a buyer buy the book In Amazon,how is the product been delivered, is it by shipping like physical items or he is given a download link to download the book? Then if it is delivered as a physical items, does it mean amazon print out the content and the hard cover and send to buyer in form of hand out or what? Just wondering I never buy book from amazon before. Thanks waiting your feedback

If it is a print version then it is shipped. If it is an eletronic form it is downloaded. Amazon does not print out the book, that is the work of publishers of the book and it is expensive. That is why self publishers prefer eletronic forms especially kindle formats hence this thread is for kindle publishers. Hope this helps.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
@mk82 , kay29000 ,
Have you used uba africard on fiverr? I am considering getting an ecover done there. Could please tell us your experience. thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
gabriel74: When a buyer buy the book In Amazon,how is the product been delivered, is it by shipping like physical items or he is given a download link to download the book? Then if it is delivered as a physical items, does it mean amazon print out the content and the hard cover and send to buyer in form of hand out or what? Just wondering I never buy book from amazon before. Thanks waiting your feedback
Kindle books are ebooks and they are delivered electronically through direct download. They can be read on kindle readers, smartphones and computers.
If you want the print version of your book to be available, you have to register with createspace (another Amazon subsidiary).

Sarahn: @mk82 , kay29000 ,
Have you used uba africard on fiverr? I am considering getting an ecover done there. Could please tell us your experience. thanks.
The last time I used fiverr, payment was through PayPal. Nigerians can now open PayPal accounts so that shouldn't be a problem for you.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by gabriel74: 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
Thank for the response, I really appreciate
Please one more, supposing I want to hire a writer at odesk to write just one ebook- I know the price varies base one the writers experience on the job, just to have a clue how much it will cost for one ebook. Thanks master
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
gabriel74: Thank for the response, I really appreciate
Please one more, supposing I want to hire a writer at odesk to write just one ebook- I know the price varies base one the writers experience on the job, just to have a clue how much it will cost for one ebook. Thanks master
I hire writers within $30-$40. Give them detailed instructions and be ready to do thorough proofreading.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by gabriel74: 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
mk82:
I hire writers within $30-$40. Give them detailed instructions and be ready to do thorough proofreading.

Thanks much bro, I appreciate.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Cul4real(m): 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Help me ooo!!! In the process of register to become a professional seller on Amazon.com, instruction said i will need an account from a bank and Amazon supports banks lested are banks from US &EUROPE. Pls how to go about this case. Thanks ooo.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
Cul4real: Help me ooo!!! In the process of register to become a professional seller on Amazon.com, instruction said i will need an account from a bank and Amazon supports banks lested are banks from US &EUROPE. Pls how to go about this case. Thanks ooo.
. You need a payoneer acct. It is a US acct. Just go to payoneer dot com and sign up. What you'll need for registration is a only a valid voter or national id card and an email address.
Me, i have registered for the account but they would not approve my application since 2 weeks now and i'm doubtful of the whole payoneer thing-whether it is open to Nigerians. And then there is part of sending a card from far far away America to my door step in Nigeria for free: where does that happen?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:03am On Sep 14, 2014
Zico0: . You need a payoneer acct. It is a US acct. Just go to payoneer dot com and sign up. What you'll need for registration is a only a valid voter or national id card and an email address.
Me, i have registered for the account but they would not approve my application since 2 weeks now and i'm doubtful of the whole payoneer thing-whether it is open to Nigerians. And then there is part of sending a card from far far away America to my door step in Nigeria for free: where does that happen?
Hi Zico0,
Payoneer accepts Nigerians. Registration is with a drivers license, national ID and international passport. VOTER'S CARD IS NOT ACCEPTED. Approval is usually within 3 days if you supply the right information and identification.
Please don't spread your doubt to others. Many of us are using payoneer card to withdraw serious money every month.
They will send the card to you free even if you are in a remote village. You only pay a one-time fee of $29 for activation, 1% per electronic deposit to your account and $3.15 per withdrawal from Nigerian ATM.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Cul4real(m): 5:57am On Sep 14, 2014
Zico0: . You need a payoneer acct. It is a US acct. Just go to payoneer dot com and sign up. What you'll need for registration is a only a valid voter or national id card and an email address.
Thanks for your respond.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Cul4real(m): 6:04am On Sep 14, 2014
mk82:
Hi Zico0,
Payoneer accepts Nigerians. Registration is with a drivers license, national ID and international passport. VOTER'S CARD IS NOT ACCEPTED. Approval is usually within 3 days if you supply the right information and identification.
Please don't spread your doubt to others. Many of us are using payoneer card to withdraw serious money every month.
They will send the card to you free even if you are in a remote village. You only pay a one-time fee of $29 for activation, 1% per electronic deposit to your account and $3.15 per withdrawal from Nigerian ATM.
thanks for your respond, my email is adediran22@gmail.com pls can i have urs for a proper guide? Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dammylarey(m): 6:17am On Sep 14, 2014
amazon kindle kindle publisher are book writers and my i working relationship with most of the publishers has been tremendous:this is a good trend for us Nigerians to benefit from the platform but you have to be very good at what you do because you would be having you project in the world market which can sky rocket your image forever. smiley more money to be made here.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Cul4real(m): 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
Pls, anyone with good experience on how to buy goods on ebay and resell on Amazon.com? How profitable is it and what are d downsides? Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by wellsaid(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
Add value to yourself by learning a new skill. Secure your future and make money limitlessly.

https://www.nairaland.com/1901429/acquire-valuable-skill-cheap-make

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Cul4real(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
Pls help me! I have some amount of money in my paypal account but i dnt have payoneer mastercard yet but my friend have payoneer card, is it possible for me to use my friend payoneer card with different name on his card to clear my paypal money and if yes, wat are the processing? Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
Zico0: " Outside the US call 1-847-451-1386
follow the prompts.
on your phone plan."
Its just 14days of complaint and I've gotten my payoneer card through post office.
Chai! grin
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Cul4real(m): 7:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
juwoonn:
Its just 14days of complaint and I've gotten my payoneer card through post office.
Chai! grin
pls guide me with d idea u adopted, is voter‘s card allowed, did u used postal address and how many days it took you from registration day to get d card?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (202) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.