Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,480 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (415759 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by aboveall1000: 11:36am On Jan 27, 2015
Thanks sarahn. I appreciate the time and the corrections you noted. I checked for the fonts on the site you gave but did not find them. I hope am not asking for too much but I have made corrections based on your comment and I will want you to help review again. I really appreciate your time and I also welcome comments from other members of the house. many thanks

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2015
aboveall1000:
Thanks sarahn. I appreciate the time and the corrections you noted. I checked for the fonts on the site you gave but did not find them. I hope am not asking for too much but I have made corrections based on your comment and I will want you to help review again. I really appreciate your time and I also welcome comments from other members of the house. many thanks

Here are the files smiley

So judging from the words, I say these keywords are important.

Ariana Grande
Trivia
Unofficial

I still don't get fun time 4 my loves sad

So I would push the word UNOFFICIAL under the title and make it as small as possible.

I would rename it Ariana Grande Trivia Unofficial: Are you the ultimate fan? Take the Blue challenge!

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by aboveall1000: 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
Thanks Sarahn. Ariana Grade refers to her fans as "My loves" on tweeter. I have taken the corrections. Please can you help me with your email. I want to send a personal greeting and request. any thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 6:46am On Jan 28, 2015
aboveall1000:
Thanks Sarahn. Ariana Grade refers to her fans as "My loves" on tweeter. I have taken the corrections. Please can you help me with your email. I want to send a personal greeting and request. any thanks

Thanks for the explanation.

I am glad I could be of help.

I am quite flattered. Thank you for the offer,
but I am afraid I don't do PMs.

If you have any requests, please state them here.
Others may learn from your post,
especially the ones that has been viewing this thread without commenting. grin

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
na wah o, I priced my book at $2.99 on 70% royalty and my royalty/sale is $1.05.

This is something else o. I don't understand this any more. They normally withhold tax when sending my payment which was not as high as this. I hope they will not withhold another tax when processing my payment. or is there something wrong?

I have been recording a few consistent sales but the bucks has not been adding up? Menh! This one is strong o
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
G12:
na wah o, I priced my book at $2.99 on 70% royalty and my royalty/sale is $1.05.

This is something else o. I don't understand this any more. They normally withhold tax when sending my payment which was not as high as this. I hope they will not withhold another tax when processing my payment. or is there something wrong?

I have been recording a few consistent sales but the bucks has not been adding up? Menh! This one is strong o

Are you talking about royalty payments in payonner?
I will guess you are using payoneer.
Payonneer charges you every time you are paid.

OR

Are you talking about payments in the sales dashboard?
If so, it probably means there has been a refund.
Check prior month royalties.

Or
Ask customer support if the options above failed to work.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by aboveall1000: 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
Yes I agree with you sarahn. The thing is that I believe we can help each other to promote our books on this platform I am actually doing a series on this book and I will like to send a copy of the book on pdf format to your mail and a link to the page on amazon so I can have the pleasure of you reviewing my first book on amazon. uploading the book on nairaland will make it public. I also hope that I can share some of the ebooks that helped me thus far and get your opinion and perhaps you could also learn something new. Thanks anyway for your help so far. regards
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sarahn:

Thanks for the explanation.

I am glad I could be of help.

I am quite flattered. Thank you for the offer,
but I am afraid I don't do PMs.

If you have any requests, please state them here.
Others may learn from your post,
especially the ones that has been viewing this thread without commenting. grin

Mmm! U don't do PM's? What if I want to take you out on a date and pick your brain?
Mmm!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sarahn:

Are you talking about royalty payments in payonner?
I will guess you are using payoneer.
Payonneer charges you every time you are paid.

OR

Are you talking about payments in the sales dashboard?
If so, it probably means there has been a refund.
Check prior month royalties.

Or
Ask customer support if the options above failed to work.

I noticed that my new book that was published recently recorded a sale, when I checked the sales dash board it was just $1.05 on the dot com store.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 7:00am On Jan 29, 2015
G12:

I noticed that my new book that was published recently recorded a sale, when I checked the sales dash board it was just $1.05 on the dot com store.

On the sales dasboard?
How much did you think it should have been?

How recently?

7 days?

The sales dasboard moves everyday.
So check the view data on the dashboard and increase it to 90 days.

Does that work?
All your earnings are always taxed.

If not check month to date unit sales and see if there are refunds.

There is a cost for downloading digital books as well.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 7:08am On Jan 29, 2015
kay29000:

Mmm! U don't do PM's? What if I want to take you out on a date and pick your brain?
Mmm!

grin grin grin
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 8:24am On Jan 29, 2015
Sarahn:

On the sales dasboard?
How much did you think it should have been?

How recently?

7 days?

The sales dasboard moves everyday.
So check the view data on the dashboard and increase it to 90 days.

Does that work?
All your earnings are always taxed.

If not check month to date unit sales and see if there are refunds.

There is a cost for downloading digital books as well.

I'm talking about a book that was published about 3 days ago. Just a sale and the royalty I earned from the sale was $1.05(displaying on the sales dash board). It used to be around 2bucks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 10:09am On Jan 29, 2015
Sarahn:

grin grin grin

Yea...What's up with my proposal?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 5:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
G12:

I'm talking about a book that was published about 3 days ago. Just a sale and the royalty I earned from the sale was $1.05(displaying on the sales dash board). It used to be around 2bucks

I am afraid you have me lost.
What was the price of your book?
Check under rights and royalties section of the book.
Your royalty payment should be there.
Under the 70% and 30% option.
Have you seen it?

OR
Again, click view data up to 90 days.
Yes I know it was 3 days ago. Their time zone is different from ours.
Have you seen the royalty payment?

OR
Check month to date unit sales. It is possible that someone refunded.

THE SECOND WORST CASE SCENARIO
Amazon changed your list price to include tax and hence reduced your royalty.

THE WORST CASE SCENARIO........
Amazon.....
has actually stolen your royalty payment...

OR
File a complaint under contact us. Perharps it was an error.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
kay29000:

Yea...What's up with my proposal?

gringringringrin
Read my signature.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by samogo1: 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hello publishers, hope sales are going cool. if you need a professional book cover @N500 for kindle publishing, then you can halla me
i work on fiverr and freelancer as a graphic designer. you can whatsapp me, call me or add me on BBM.

Happy publishing.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 10:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
Sarahn:

I am afraid you have me lost.
What was the price of your book?
Check under rights and royalties section of the book.
Your royalty payment should be there.
Under the 70% and 30% option.
Have you seen it?

OR
Again, click view data up to 90 days.
Yes I know it was 3 days ago. Their time zone is different from ours.
Have you seen the royalty payment?

OR
Check month to date unit sales. It is possible that someone refunded.

THE SECOND WORST CASE SCENARIO
Amazon changed your list price to include tax and hence reduced your royalty.

THE WORST CASE SCENARIO........
Amazon.....
has actually stolen your royalty payment...

OR
File a complaint under contact us. Perharps it was an error.

my dear, it seems I was being paid 30% royalty for that title despite the fact that I selected the 70% royalty option. I set $2.99 for the book and I was supposed to earn $2.07 for the 70% royalty option, but I am being paid $1.05 which is the amount for 30% royalty.

I wonder how that mistake came about because I just confirmed that I actually selected the 70% royalty option when set a price for the book. I am also wonder how many of my sales have been affected. I'll confirm and lodge a complain asap.

Thanks so much.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by deluxboi(m): 2:09am On Jan 30, 2015
pls Sarahn i need to send u a mail,pls kindly drop fr me or just send to wets94(at)gmail(dot)com.
thanks............................................................
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 8:52am On Jan 30, 2015
Sarahn:

gringringringrin
Read my signature.

I just read it. We have characteristics 1, 3 and 4 in common. I am still trying to wrap my head around what number 2 means. I know the dictionary definition of it, but still trying to understand people that claim to be so.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2015
samogo1:
Hello publishers, hope sales are going cool. if you need a professional book cover @N500 for kindle publishing, then you can halla me
i work on fiverr and freelancer as a graphic designer. you can whatsapp me, call me or add me on BBM.

Happy publishing.

I personally endorse OP. I have used him for four covers now, and two of them are on the AD board he put up (Turning Fat to Muscles and Power of a Woman). He is very affordable, is a man of integrity, and works fast. Don't hesitate to use him when you have to.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by P3trCruzZ(m): 9:11am On Jan 30, 2015
samogo1:

Happy publishing.

Ur BBM contact. How do u receive payment?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:22am On Jan 30, 2015
G12:

There are other territories (countries) grouped under the USA. So even if you choose 70% royalty for USA, when your book sells in some of these territories, you can only get 35% royalty. Check out the image I attached.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 7:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
Yes boss, thanks.

That was exactly the reply they sent as an explanation.

Better off knowing that I am not being cheated.

@MK82 and Sarahn, pls what do you guys suggest about setting up an author central profile? Where can I get a profile pic if I don't wanna use mine?
Thanks always
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by samogo1: 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
P3trCruzZ:

Ur BBM contact. How do u receive payment?

my BBM: 7E4C53F5 add me let's chat up.

@kay, thanks man.... I also got d other person u refereed to me. u are d best sir
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
@Sarahn, have you done the bank a/c transfer?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by akanbiolawale(m): 1:38am On Feb 02, 2015
Hey everyone,am new here and i must confess u guys are doing a fantastic job in this room. Been looking for something like this for a very long time,well!!! the good news is that "i luckily stumbled on this tread today,tho the bad news is that "have missed a lot". To GURUS in the house,please brothers how am i going to go about the tax interview of a thing. please someone should help me out ooo. GOD BLESS THE OP OF THIS TREAD AND ALL THE GURUS OFFERING A HELPING HAND TO NEWBIES.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 11:25am On Feb 02, 2015
akanbiolawale:
Hey everyone,am new here and i must confess u guys are doing a fantastic job in this room. Been looking for something like this for a very long time,well!!! the good news is that "i luckily stumbled on this tread today,tho the bad news is that "have missed a lot". To GURUS in the house,please brothers how am i going to go about the tax interview of a thing. please someone should help me out ooo. GOD BLESS THE OP OF THIS TREAD AND ALL THE GURUS OFFERING A HELPING HAND TO NEWBIES.

Welcome sir!

Select the option for Non-US citizens and fill in your details accurately/appropriately(no need to fill fake info cos they accept Nigerians).

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 04, 2015
Can anyone please help me write a review to a book on amazon?
Write the review and contact me with the info you use then I send make your transfer immediately.

Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:08am On Feb 04, 2015
myhoodlink:
Can anyone please help me write a review to a book on amazon?
"diary of a teenage murderer"
EDITED

Thanks
Hi poster, I will like you to edit this post to remove the part where you offered to pay for reviews.
This is an open forum that gets international traffic and this kind of post can get negative attention. A number of people have lost their Kindle publishing accounts by violating Amazon's terms and conditions (I will write a post on that later). You can get people to review your book without offering money. Simply send them a copy of the book and ask for a honest review.

Sample: Can anyone please help me write a review to a book on amazon?
"diary of a teenage murderer" I can send you a copy so you read it before writing the review.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 04, 2015
mk82:

Hi poster, I will like you to edit this post to remove the part where you offered to pay for reviews.
This is an open forum that gets international traffic and this kind of post can get negative attention. A number of people have lost their Kindle publishing accounts by violating Amazon's terms and conditions (I will write a post on that later). You can get people to review your book without offering money. Simply send them a copy of the book and ask for a honest review.

Sample: Can anyone please help me write a review to a book on amazon?
"diary of a teenage murderer" I can send you a copy so you read it before writing the review.

Thanks.

You may edit your quote too please to remove it.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2015
mk82:
[/quote]
[quote author=Sarahn post=30247431]

Please, when making withdrawal with the Payoneer card, what account type do you select and how do you guys do the conversion rate? I had a chat with Payoneer customer rep, she said I could select select either "checking or current" for the account type. She referred me to master card official website to check for conversion rate, but unfortunately the Naira was not in the list.

Thanks!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2015
G12:
Please, when making withdrawal with the Payoneer card, what account type do you select and how do you guys do the conversion rate? I had a chat with Payoneer customer rep, she said I could select select either "checking or current" for the account type. She referred me to master card official website to check for conversion rate, but unfortunately the Naira was not in the list.

Thanks!
Please can you help me write a review on a book?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (202) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.