Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (417864 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
Bestlyf:
Please, has anyone published on Smashwords? What's the experience like? Mk82, Sarahn, ecommerce, I need your experience on this. Thanks.

Smashwords is good. It gives your books exposure to other markets that Amazon does not cover, like iBooks, Barnes & Noble and Kobo. However, you should not expect to make money on the level of Amazon. Amazon is the king of online publishing.I know some people who get about 20% of their income from smashwords. The best thing to do is to pick your books that are no longer getting good sales or borrows on kdp and publish them on smashwords. You have to remove them from KDP select and wait for the current enrollment period to expire.
You will have to learn how to format for smashwords. The necessary guides are on their website. Smashwords pays through PayPal and payment is every 3 months.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by abistar(m): 12:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
just upload my three books waiting for the income to start coming in. Waiting on God
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
Dear.........

This message is to inform you that we are unfortunately not able to continue supporting payments to your Nigerian bank account in NGN. Future payments will be sent to your bank account in USD, via SWIFT (international wire transfers).

This change does not require any action on your end, and future payments will be processed without delay. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and as always we thank you for choosing Payoneer.

That was the msg I received from payoneer...guess the card is still the way to go afterall.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 2:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
Bestlyf:
Please, has anyone published on Smashwords? What's the experience like? Mk82, Sarahn, ecommerce, I need your experience on this. Thanks.
different strokes for different folks....I will say let go of Smashword and embrace Draft2Digital. Visit www.draft2digital.com, it is better than than Smashwords and a player in digital publishing too. Their royalties payout is monthly. I use it too. If you are tired of Amazon, you can check it out. They distribute to:

iBooks
Barnes & Noble
Kobo
Page Foundry
Scribd
Tolino
and CreateSpace!

What I love most in Draft2Digital is their automatic conversion tool...they will help you to convert your book to epub, pdf and mobi and format it to the possible best.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 5:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
mk82:

Smashwords is good. It gives your books exposure to other markets that Amazon does not cover, like iBooks, Barnes & Noble and Kobo. However, you should not expect to make money on the level of Amazon. Amazon is the king of online publishing.I know some people who get about 20% of their income from smashwords. The best thing to do is to pick your books that are no longer getting good sales or borrows on kdp and publish them on smashwords. You have to remove them from KDP select and wait for the current enrollment period to expire.
You will have to learn how to format for smashwords. The necessary guides are on their website. Smashwords pays through PayPal and payment is every 3 months.
Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 5:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
twosquare:
different strokes for different folks....I will say let go of Smashword and embrace Draft2Digital. Visit www.draft2digital.com, it is better than than Smashwords and a player in digital publishing too. Their royalties payout is monthly. I use it too. If you are tired of Amazon, you can check it out. They distribute to:

iBooks
Barnes & Noble
Kobo
Page Foundry
Scribd
Tolino
and CreateSpace!

What I love most in Draft2Digital is their automatic conversion tool...they will help you to convert your book to epub, pdf and mobi and format it to the possible best.
Thanks. I've read so much about D2D on amazon forum. I guess I'll give that a try too.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by abistar(m): 3:23am On Mar 05, 2015
Wen did start usn Dat?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bizmogul(m): 4:12am On Mar 05, 2015
Hi people,

I have been following this thread for a while now and I have garnered lots of information here already. Op you are doing a great job!

I published my first kindle eBook on the 15th of February and did the free promotion thingy for 2 days. After the promotion, I made one sale on the 17th, another on the 20th, 2 sales on the 26th and one on the 2nd of March. Well, I decided to do a free promotion again to exhaust the remaining 3 days to see if there will be more boost in sales.

Here's a link to my first book http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TN37WV0

I am about publishing my second book but I am having challenges with " lots of space after every image". I had someone on Fiverr format the book for me but when I upload the book and preview, there appears to be lots of space after each of the image I have in the book.

I have tried everything possible to no avail. Does anyone have an idea how I can tackle this issue.

Your advice would be much appreciated.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by slimjoe007(m): 6:24am On Mar 05, 2015
bizmogul:
Hi people,

I have been following this thread for a while now and I have garnered lots of information here already. Op you are doing a great job!

I published my first kindle eBook on the 15th of February and did the free promotion thingy for 2 days. After the promotion, I made one sale on the 17th, another on the 20th, 2 sales on the 26th and one on the 2nd of March. Well, I decided to do a free promotion again to exhaust the remaining 3 days to see if there will be more boost in sales.

Here's a link to my first book http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TN37WV0

I am about publishing my second book but I am having challenges with " lots of space after every image". I had someone on Fiverr format the book for me but when I upload the book and preview, there appears to be lots of space after each of the image I have in the book.

I have tried everything possible to no avail. Does anyone have an idea how I can tackle this issue.

Your advice would be much appreciated.
hi bro,
I work on Fiverr as an epub and kindle converter. I can help you reformat the book and remove all spaces and also include a clickable table of content. quote me if interested and we could work out something.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bizmogul(m): 8:46am On Mar 05, 2015
slimjoe007:

hi bro,
I work on Fiverr as an epub and kindle converter. I can help you reformat the book and remove all spaces and also include a clickable table of content. quote me if interested and we could work out something.

Okay send me your link and let me place an order then. The table of content is clickable already, I just need to get rid of the spaces.

Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bizmogul(m): 8:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
slimjoe007:

hi bro,

No need again, I have found my way around it. Everything looks good now.

I have successfully published my second kindle book, awaiting approval. More to come.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by wealthpos(f): 8:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
Please I have this question..Can I still publish a book I already published on let say D2D on amazon?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 12:39am On Mar 09, 2015
wealthpos:
Please I have this question..Can I still publish a book I already published on let say D2D on amazon?
yes of course. As long as it is from D2D to Amazon. I have same books on both. No problem at all. Both are different channels.

But if it the same book on amazon and you want to upload it to other sites, it is also welcomed and no problem about it. The only thing is that on Amazon, the book must not be enrolled in KDP SELECT. You can read about kdp select and their rules on amazon.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by wealthpos(f): 9:07am On Mar 09, 2015
THANKS!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by wealthpos(f): 10:33am On Mar 09, 2015
Please anyone using D2D..How can I set a payment option on the website,because I am kinda confused,as I amused to only payoneer...Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 10:57am On Mar 09, 2015
wealthpos:
Please anyone using D2D..How can I set a payment option on the website,because I am kinda confused,as I amused to only payoneer...Thanks
Go to My Account...click on Manage Payment Options, Click Add Payment method and choose Nigeria as your country. Fill in the necessary info and choose Direct Deposit(US) as Payment method since you use Payoneer....fill in the bank name, account number Payoneer gave you and select Account type as Checking.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
@y'all, how effective is KDP Select in your own experience, as per royalties and the likes. Mk82, Sarahn help out.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:05am On Mar 10, 2015
twosquare:
@y'all, how effective is KDP Select in your own experience, as per royalties and the likes. Mk82, Sarahn help out.

KDP select is very effective and it helps you to get more royalties. Some of my books that have only a few sales compensate by getting several borrows. The recently introduced Kindle Unlimited has really expanded the opportunities for borrows. Free promotions still help to bring in sales for new books as well as some of the old ones.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 10, 2015
twosquare:
Dear.........

This message is to inform you that we are unfortunately not able to continue supporting payments to your Nigerian bank account in NGN. Future payments will be sent to your bank account in USD, via SWIFT (international wire transfers).

This change does not require any action on your end, and future payments will be processed without delay. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and as always we thank you for choosing Payoneer.

That was the msg I received from payoneer...guess the card is still the way to go afterall.

Dude, fill me in, how did you get payoneer to pay to your Nigerian account
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 11:30am On Mar 10, 2015
Ganoderma:

Dude, fill me in, how did you get payoneer to pay to your Nigerian account
Withdraw to Your Bank Account feature on payoneer site. Click on it and add the information about your bank. You'll be notified when successful
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by flexygenius(m): 6:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
hello, pls if someone register as a nigerian on amazon kindle book will your book be available to everyone internationally?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 8:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
flexygenius:
hello, pls if someone register as a nigerian on amazon kindle book will your book be available to everyone internationally?
sure. From Amazon US to Amazon India, Australia, UK, Canada, France, Germany,Mexico etc. It is world wide bro.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by JuanDeDios: 2:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
What are the payment options? I have a dollar dom account. Do I need to register for Payoneer or other stuff to get my money?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2015
Got around $250 Perfect Money for sale.
If interested. Send me a pm. Cost price is N230 per 1.
Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by abistar(m): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
have uploadd three books on kdp.amazon since last month, but have not generated any sales. what could be the fault? please help me out
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 11:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
abistar:
have uploadd three books on kdp.amazon since last month, but have not generated any sales. what could be the fault? please help me out
it depends: if not promoted, author's name matters, awareness&reviews too or else one's book which just hang in cyberspace book shelf gathering dates with no sales. What niches do u write in?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:12am On Mar 20, 2015
abistar:

There are over 3.3 million books on Amazon KDP now. For a book by an unknown author to sell, you have to conduct deep research to find very good keywords and then set promotion for a few days. Sometimes, with the right keywords, you don't even need free promotions to get sales.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 8:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
mk82:

There are over 3.3 million books on Amazon KDP now. For a book by an unknown author to sell, you have to conduct deep research to find very good keywords and then set promotion for a few days. Sometimes, with the right keywords, you don't even need free promotions to get sales.

I copy that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (202) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.