Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414709 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
Moneybook:
hello Fam, I just uploaded my book on Amazon. Whats the next line of action? I have been following the thread keenly. Being optimistic. I still have some books ready. Thanks.
cc. Sarahn (i dey fear your criticism)

Terrible. The fonts you used are bad, the picture in question happens to be low resolution.
Here is my advice:
-Use Colab font (Or Great Vibes + Bebas Nue Light) for the title and subtitle
-Put the picture in the middle and use a colour to fill the remaining space.
-An example is attached below.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
Sheikwonder:
Cc Sarahn, MK82
I can say without repentance that you are the best critique I've seen on NL. It's a shame that you don't reply PM's cos I already sent one before I later saw your caveat. Checking out your profile, I saw that you've not been around since March! I wonder if you would even get this post anyway, but if perchance you happen to come back online, I'd be more than happy if you send me a mail, my address is on my signature; I'd really like us to discuss.

Thanks! Sorry for taking so long to respond. I thought I was banned from NL, when I couldn't post in this section, turns out it was just my browser cry .

I left NL due to some issues and I am not really not KDP select publishing anymore due to the KNEPC 2.0 which drastically cut my sales as my niche was the one affected the most(short stories). I was too disheartened to continue. I am currently into Ebook cover minimalist design as I feel that is more lucrative for the moment.

In my opinion, mk82 deserves all the credit, not me and I will say that anywhere. Gave me FREE invaluable information that I would never be able to repay. This thread is my first online business (if you minus the HYIPs I invested into grin ) and filled with good memories.

I still have some knowledge about publishing in general, so you can pm if you like.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bros1234(m): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
GoldPencil:

About ten so far. I still have 2 days of free promo.I don drop price to 2.99, so we'll see how that goes. Did u read the book? What would you like to read more of if u enjoyed it?

10 so far?

For 3 days?

Thats not a good sign. I get about 30-50 downloads a day on free promo. Anyway sha, just keep writing and uploading
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AbuMikey(m): 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hello everyone, I can help You design Your Kindle/eBook cover, for a token.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Moneybook: 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2016
Sarahn:

Terrible. The fonts you used are bad, the picture in question happens to be low resolution.
Here is my advice:
-Use Colab font (Or Great Vibes + Bebas Nue Light) for the title and subtitle
-Put the picture in the middle and use a colour to fill the remaining space.
-An example is attached below.

Nice! Would work on that... What happened with KNepc 2.0, kindly elaborate.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2016
Moneybook:
Nice! Would work on that... What happened with KNepc 2.0, kindly elaborate.

If you weren't in Knepc 1.0 (before July 2015), there's no need to elaborate. It makes no difference to your current publishing.
However, it was discussed some pages back on this thread.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by demo4ril97(m): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nice job!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by cheehummer(f): 7:37am On Sep 03, 2016
Hello House,

Anyone specializing unmoved and short stories? What is the customer response like, any tips to help me as I am about to go into it?
Thanks in advance and power to your hustle.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by amona(m): 11:52am On Sep 05, 2016
Hello, please I need help to fill up the form of tax of a things on kdp amazon, I register and supply my payonner info, the system accept it, buh the only issue I have now before I can PUBLISH anything is the TAX/TIN section of the verification.... Someone should please have mercy on me in filling the form

Please I need a guide on this , kindly feel free to contact me, its urgent!

WhatsApp: +2348037256112
BBM : 5C398AC7
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bros1234(m): 7:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
amona:
Hello, please I need help to fill up the form of tax of a things on kdp amazon, I register and supply my payonner info, the system accept it, buh the only issue I have now before I can PUBLISH anything is the TAX/TIN section of the verification.... Someone should please have mercy on me in filling the form.

I need a guide....

WhatsApp: +2348037256112
BBM : 5C398AC7

Its pretty easy to fill that form. Cool down and do it. Its an electronic form. Takes about 2-3 mins to do

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bros1234(m): 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
cheehummer:
Hello House,

Anyone specializing unmoved and short stories? What is the customer response like, any tips to help me as I am about to go into it?
Thanks in advance and power to your hustle.

Non fiction outsells short stories. Though fiction people sell more, its pretty hard to break into that niche. I do non fiction.

one month gone.....$120, not much though but I'm learning so fast

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by cheehummer(f): 12:01am On Sep 06, 2016
Thanks. Will keep hustling
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bros1234(m): 4:16am On Sep 06, 2016
Hmmmm. I now got one book on createspace...paperback....thinking of putting others on createspace too. @mk28, what do you say?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by wakes: 9:46am On Sep 06, 2016
[quote author=justi4jesu post=48349190][/quote]
I will look for you soon. Thanks for the service. Someone mentioned you. Blessings!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by justi4jesu(f): 9:53am On Sep 06, 2016
wakes:

I will look for you soon. Thanks for the service. Someone mentioned you. Blessings!

No problem. wink

justi4jesu:
Sell your Payoneer and Skrill Funds to us and get credited within Minutes.

Send us your Funds and get credited with Naira into your Bank Account within minutes of receiving your funds.

Payoneer/skrill Rate 355 to $1

Paypal Rate 315 to $1

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Immorttal: 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2016
bros1234:

Non fiction outsells short stories. Though fiction people sell more, its pretty hard to break into that niche. I do non fiction.

one month gone.....$120, not much though but I'm learning so fast
how many books do you have now. @ sarahn whats your say about this cover. its a translated book.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by temigreat(m): 7:38am On Sep 09, 2016
Grammarly premium account for sale @ contact me on whatsapp 08179675371/bbm 7AD4962A,temiwonder@gmail.com
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by 9japple(m): 7:45am On Sep 09, 2016
hi guys, thanks for this thread... i stumbled upon it last week and following the guidelines herein, i published two of my books on kindle this week!!! These are works i had forgotten for dead, after writing them some years back. although i have not sold any copies, I feel we should keep this up.
here is the link to my books on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LL2NLD8
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HCpaul(m): 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2016
Interesting
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bros1234(m): 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2016
9japple:
hi guys, thanks for this thread... i stumbled upon it last week and following the guidelines herein, i published two of my books on kindle this week!!! These are works i had forgotten for dead, after writing them some years back. although i have not sold any copies, I feel we should keep this up.
here is the link to my books on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LL2NLD8

Awaiting Trial. What a great title. I looked inside, I dont know why there was no preview content. is it on purpose or are u sure u formated properly. Nice work by the way , but the cover could be better
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
Immorttal:
how many books do you have now. @ sarahn whats your say about this cover. its a translated book.

No. Unless the book is romantic tragedy(the black theme says it all), no.
No no no no no.
no.
Fonts/font effect: no
Photo:no

It was translated from which language? Romance (I am assuming that your genre is romance) covers are colourful and scream escapism, even if they end sadly(in most cases, not.). Silhouettes [that is, what you used] (shadow images) are usually only used in thriller genres.

My tip: Look for romance covers and try to imitate them.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by cheehummer(f): 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2016
A big Thank you to everyone on this thread...even though I only follow from a distance, I have learnt a lot. Special shout out to Sarahn and mk82. Greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Immorttal: 5:41am On Sep 10, 2016
Sarahn:

No. Unless the book is romantic tragedy(the black theme says it all), no.
No no no no no.
no.
Fonts/font effect: no
Photo:no

It was translated from which language? Romance (I am assuming that your genre is romance) covers are colourful and scream escapism, even if they end sadly(in most cases, not.). Silhouettes [that is, what you used] (shadow images) are usually only used in thriller genres.

My tip: Look for romance covers and try to imitate them.
thanks, i will edit the cover.everything you said was spot on, your experience is vast.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by supereagle(m): 6:01am On Sep 10, 2016
How do you receive the sales proceeds from Amazon? Is it by check or wire transfer ,answer please?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by doyinisaac(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
supereagle:
How do you receive the sales proceeds from Amazon? Is it by check or wire transfer ,answer please?
Through EFT which will be paid into your US bank account...you can get your US bank account through payoneer.com

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by everton4life(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
undecided guys I created my book yesterday and tried publishing it. But they said I should wait. My book is under review and it will take 72hrs. is that normal? Secondly I checked back and saw it was on draft?.why?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bros1234(m): 10:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
everton4life:
undecided guys I created my book yesterday and tried publishing it. But they said I should wait. My book is under review and it will take 72hrs. is that normal? Secondly I checked back and saw it was on draft?.why?

By now it should have been online i guess. God blessings on your hustle.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by amona(m): 12:46am On Sep 12, 2016
bros1234:

Its pretty easy to fill that form. Cool down and do it. Its an electronic form. Takes about 2-3 mins to do

Please I need your guide on this, kindly help me out
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by GoldPencil: 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2016
Hey guys, this is the link to the next book #verynigerianproblems, any and all reviews are welcome ---> https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1537614851/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473707256&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=Very+nigerian+problems&dpPl=1&dpID=51SaTXujoZL&ref=plSrch

Follow on twitter too @veryngrproblems

It's free to download tomorrow and next. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by everton4life(m): 2:30am On Sep 15, 2016
just created my third book now. i started sept 10. no sales yet. my 3 books are;
1)bacteria infections
2) kidney and bladder health
3)pet maintenance.
feeling a bit nervous.i hope the titles are catchy sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (201) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.