Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414197 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
mk82:
Upload ur books immediately!
Payoneer card's arrival to Nigeria is 1-5 months because of our ancient postal system. All d cards u applied for will still come.
If ur books sell, ur money will accumulate with time n amazon will pay into ur payoneer account.You can then use $60 to order a new card thru DHL (if u can not wait any longer).
That is what I did.

Lol, no body made mention of this part. This is not cool at all. So it's best I order the card now just to kill time ahead right.?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by sim4fx(m): 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
Mk82,

I read through all the post and this is great work. I had learnt a lot from your wealth of experience.

I started the research when i saw it on millionaire fastlane and glad to know that my nigerian brother is there achieving success. good work keep it going.

I will keep you posted on my progress with this also.

@ Mk82, Question

From your experience, will a book that focus on spirituality - like how to pray successfully or handle anger or parenting sell?

Just want to know, what is the outlook for pastors who are authors?

Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
sim4fx: Mk82,

I read through all the post and this is great work. I had learnt a lot from your wealth of experience.

I started the research when i saw it on millionaire fastlane and glad to know that my nigerian brother is there achieving success. good work keep it going.

@ Mk82, Question

From your experience, will a book that focus on spirituality - like how to pray successfully or handle anger or parenting sell?

Thanks.
1.To answer ur questions. Spiritual topics don't sell except you are a celebrity pastor like Joel Osteen or Rick Warren.
-How to handle anger will sell more than parenting but it must not be a spiritual book .
2. If you are a Pastor n author, you will get more sales selling ur books to ur established audience here in Nigeria than on Amazon where nobody knows you.
Kindle publishing is successful when you find out what is selling and you ride with the wave.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2013

@ Mk82, Question

Thanks.
1.To answer ur questions. Spiritual topics don't sell except you are a celebrity pastor like Joel Osteen or Rick Warren.
-How to handle anger will sell more than parenting but it must not be a spiritual book .
2. If you are a Pastor n author, you will get more sales selling ur books to ur established audience here in Nigeria than on Amazon where nobody knows you.
Kindle publishing is successful when you find out what is selling and you ride with the wave.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jdilight(m): 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
mk82:
Yes. Write in docx format but save as doc format (Word 97-2003) b4 uploading to Amazon.

Bros are you saying Word 2007 is not accepted on kindle?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
jdilight:

Bros are you saying Word 2007 is not accepted on kindle?
The docx format (Word 2007 till date) has conversion problems when uploaded directly to kindle. Just save as 97-2003 once u are ready to upload.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
mk82:
Upload ur books immediately!
Payoneer card's arrival to Nigeria is 1-5 months because of our ancient postal system. All d cards u applied for will still come.
If ur books sell, ur money will accumulate with time n amazon will pay into ur payoneer account.You can then use $60 to order a new card thru DHL (if u can not wait any longer).
That is what I did.
(Sigh of relief) Thanks man. Will upload my books immediately.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by frank317: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
sent u a mail, but will like to ask a question. i have a novel (fiction story) and posted some of it in an online forum, i got encouraging feedbacks and this served as my motivation.

what is the possibility of making good sales here?
i intend to use my real name as i have more interesting stories and would want to b recognized by my name, what do u think?
and will i get an isbn number?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by einsteine(m): 9:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
frank3.16:
sent u a mail, but will like to ask a question. i have a novel (fiction story) and posted some of it in an online forum, i got encouraging feedbacks and this served as my motivation.

i intend to use my real name as i have more interesting stories and would want to b recognized by my name, what do u think?

you will only get an isbn number if you publish with createspace. The folks here would tell you not to publish fiction but in my opinion, fiction sells. You just have to follow certain guidelines. If you are interested in hearing more, pm me.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
frank3.16:

From what u wrote above, I will say u have chosen the tough route to online publishing success. It is very tough to make it as fiction writer. Many people check kindle bestsellers n see dat most bestsellers are fiction books. However, they do not know what those authors went thru b4 getting there.
There are many such writer' forums like d one you described. Many people there are struggling writers with tales of woe.
Many of them are ready to sell off 30,000 word beautifully written stories for $60 on freelance websites.

PS. u don't need ISBN on amazon. they'll give ur books ASIN.

This is my advice:
Since u want to make a name with ur books, continue writing ur fiction books n publishing them with the hope of 'breaking thru' sometimes in d distant future.
At d same time, start writing or outsourcing short nonfiction books dat will give u regular income now as I have been teaching.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by einsteine(m): 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
mk82:
From what u wrote above, I will say u have chosen the tough route to online publishing success. It is very tough to make it as fiction writer. Many people check kindle bestsellers n see dat most bestsellers are fiction books. However, they do not know what those authors went thru b4 getting there.
There are many such writer' forums like d one you described. Many people there are struggling writers with tales of woe.
Many of them are ready to sell off 30,000 word beautifully written stories for $60 on freelance websites.

This is my advice:
Since u want to make a name with ur books, continue writing ur fiction books n publishing them with the hope of 'breaking thru' sometimes in d distant future.
At d same time, start writing or outsourcing short nonfiction books dat will give u regular income now as I have been teaching.
The odds of success either way is equal. I know more successful fiction publishers than non fiction. I can authoritatively tell you that seventy percent of books sold on Amazon are fiction books. To make good money on kindle, you have to

1. Write a lot of books.
2. Get great covers for them
3. Write superb blurbs for them
4. Write more books

p.s. You are unlikely to get a quality 30000 word novel for $60.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
einstein_e: you will only get an isbn number if you publish with createspace. The folks here would tell you not to publish fiction but in my opinion, fiction sells. You just have to follow certain guidelines. If you are interested in hearing more, pm me.
@einstein_e you keep saying fiction sells and u know d guidelines.
1.Can u reveal some of ur guidelines here without asking people to send u pm or email.
2. Secondly, post a screen shot showing your current sales with kindle fiction books then we'll believe.

9 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by einsteine(m): 10:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
mk82:
@einstein_e you keep saying fiction sells and u know d guidelines.
1.Can u reveal some of ur guidelines here without asking people to send u pm or email.
2. Secondly, post a screen shot showing your current sales with kindle fiction books then we'll believe.

i wont post a screenshot. I dont need to. Anyone can make a decision of their own. Did you post a screenshot of your earnings? By the way, screenshots can be photoshopped. If anyone feels non fiction is the way to go, well let them knock themselves out. If you write series novels in a popular genre like romance, e.r.o.t.i.c.a, post apocalyptic or new adult and set the first novel permafree, you will see great result. If you want to write cookbooks and quit smoking ebooks fireaway. Just dont be surprised when you dont get any sales. Non fiction writers are better served selling their ebooks on clickbank. Anyway, to each his own.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 7:45am On Nov 26, 2013
My mentor advised me to stick with non-fiction, but being a stuborn creative writer, I didn't listen. I got frustrated with kindle the first few months because my fiction books didn't sell...I learnt the hard way. Now my focus is on non-fiction books

I ain't saying fiction doesn't sell, it sells, but their is a higher chance of your nonfiction book selling than a fiction book from an unknown author. I still write fiction cos I love it, and I also know that when my fiction books finally catch on, they will outsell all my non-fiction books...but before then, it is 3 non-fiction books for every fiction book I write.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 7:55am On Nov 26, 2013
@mk82, keep up the good job, I salute you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 26, 2013
Yes. You can get a US and Uk number for Making/receiving Calls and Sms on your nigerian sim.
Get the set up at http://usacallsms.com
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by akpananiefiok(m): 9:15am On Nov 26, 2013
Hello guys,

am currently writing my 1st book and i want to know the estimate number of words on microsoft word on a page..for example.when i want to write my chapter 1 should i use only 50 words on a page? Or i should write till i cover the page.for xample, about 800 words make a page.pls i need ansa

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by frank317: 9:17am On Nov 26, 2013
einstein_e: The odds of success either way is equal. I know more successful fiction publishers than non fiction. I can authoritatively tell you that seventy percent of books sold on Amazon are fiction books. To make good money on kindle, you have to

1. Write a lot of books.
2. Get great covers for them
3. Write superb blurbs for them
4. Write more books

p.s. You are unlikely to get a quality 30000 word novel for $60.

thanks tried to pm u but there was no option or platform to compose a write up. this is my email... xtfranks005@yahoo.com and this is my number... 08027410988, u can flash me and i will call u
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by frank317: 9:20am On Nov 26, 2013
mk82:

This is my advice:

thanks for ur honest opinion... however i am already far into publishing my fiction story... backing out now will mean giving up. i know my stories are good and i am not ready to write a nonfiction story. all the same, a trial will get me experienced. thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by akpananiefiok(m): 9:58am On Nov 26, 2013
akpan aniefiok: Hello guys,

am currently writing my 1st book and i want to know the estimate number of words on microsoft word on a page..for example.when i want to write my chapter 1 should i use only 50 words on a page? Or i should write till i cover the page.for xample, about 800 words make a page.pls i need ansa
pls i need ansa na
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:19am On Nov 26, 2013
akpan aniefiok: Hello guys,

There is no minimum/ maximum number of words per page in MS word.Just keep writing till u cover the page n continue to the next one.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Colynx(m): 11:50am On Nov 26, 2013

Thanks.

So far, I have followed this thread without commenting, but here I will like to say that out of my six books on kindle platform, my spiritual books have sold more than every other book. As at yesterday I have two books ranking 65 and 78 in the prayerbook subniche. I will like to advice you to to look at the bestsellers in the niche you are targeting. click on the image, to preview the book, look at their table of content and the way they wrote their description and cover. Emulate the same. Use a pen name that is not african and I bet like myself your books in the spiritual niche will sell for months.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
Colynx:

So far, I have followed this thread without commenting, but here I will like to say that out of my six books on kindle platform, my spiritual books have sold more than every other book. As at yesterday I have two books ranking 65 and 78 in the prayerbook subniche. I will like to advice you to to look at the bestsellers in the niche you are targeting. click on the image, to preview the book, look at their table of content and the way they wrote their description and cover. Emulate the same. Use a pen name that is not african and I bet like myself your books in the spiritual niche will sell for months.

You have said it all my brother, I'm currently working on three books 1)a christian book 2) and two Fiction to start with. And I also plan of focusing on three other categories as my major. "Go out there and Explore the world, don't be afraid of anything cause in reality you have nothing to lose."

NB: To everyone, Please your research matters a lot , you can spend days doing your research don't be in a haste to upload your books.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
Guys endorse this order of arrangement please...

Book cover - Internal content cover - copyright - foreword/Dedication - preface/ acknowledgement/introduction - table of contents/chapters.

The kindle experts should endorse this, and comment if there's any modification to be made. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by suxes2005(m): 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
Guys endorse this order of arrangement please...

Book cover - Internal content cover - copyright - foreword/Dedication - preface/ acknowledgement/introduction - table of contents/chapters.

The kindle experts should endorse this, and comment if there's any modification to be made. Thanks.

Guess its fine like that. Though some times I do not use em and still do well.

Make sure your TOC are clickable. Oyinbo people also loves it when you use good
punctuation marks.

SHALOM
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 4:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
suxes2005:

Guess its fine like that. Though some times I do not use em and still do well.

Make sure your TOC are clickable. Oyinbo people also loves it when you use good
punctuation marks.

SHALOM

Oshee!, sometimes I omit some content of the list too. #Bless.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by digitite: 7:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Good idea and write up. I will follow up. More grease to your elbow.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by one9jeria: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
@MK8 please don't ever mind those i too know guy, where were they when you started the thread. and if they are doing well selling their spiritual and non-fiction books why are they following this university. my questions is 1. do I start a new chapter on a new page in ms word if the previous page is not filled up. 2. comment on the arrangement cover, copy wright, dedication etc. 3. can you highlight us on how to make your table of content clickable. YOU TOO MUCH BOSS

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
Bestlyf: How do you withdraw your money after you recieved payment with your graphcard?

I do not use a graphcard. For the card that I use, I withdraw cash from the ATM.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by sim4fx(m): 2:05am On Nov 27, 2013
@ Mk82,

Please do not mind this dummy question, i just do not want to leave any stone unturned.

When researching, how do you know which book is selling?

Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Colynx(m): 4:30am On Nov 27, 2013
one9jeria: @MK8 please don't ever mind those i too know guy, where were they when you started the thread. and if they are doing well selling their spiritual and non-fiction books why are they following this university. my questions is 1. do I start a new chapter on a new page in ms word if the previous page is not filled up. 2. comment on the arrangement cover, copy wright, dedication etc. 3. can you highlight us on how to make your table of content clickable. YOU TOO MUCH BOSS

@MK8 Nobody is disputing the fact that you open this thread and please dont let one9jeria sow bitter thoughts into your hearts about "those I too Know guys". The truth is that its not everybody that has something to say that will share it without people asking them questions.

@one9jeria: it takes humility to learn. You need more than a teacher to be a well rounded author and publisher on kdp. Dont discount anybody suggestion. Test, Tweak everything till you get what works for you. God bless.

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Colynx(m): 4:58am On Nov 27, 2013
sim4fx: @ Mk82,

Please do not mind this dummy question, i just do not want to leave any stone unturned.

When researching, how do you know which book is selling?

Thanks
Please send your email add to me, I have a tool just for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (201) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.