Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414231 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juliebest(f): 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
mk82:
Good job. Try n do detailed research for ur next book. Research is key. 139 downloads is small even for 1day.
ok sir,will do. Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 9:41am On Dec 02, 2013
Boss, how do i include keywords so that my book would pop up when searched for by the specific keywords i used.
And also please, should i fill in the tax field
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:05am On Dec 02, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
Boss, how do i include keywords so that my book would pop up when searched for by the specific keywords i used.
there is a section for adding up to 7 keywords when u are uploading ur book details. U can go back to edit it at any time.
Update the tax field in ur account. There's nothing really to add since u are a Nigerian. Just follow d simple steps.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 10:26am On Dec 02, 2013
mk82:
there is a section for adding up to 7 keywords when u are uploading ur book details. U can go back to edit it at any time.
Update the tax field in ur account. There's nothing really to add since u are a Nigerian. Just follow d simple steps.
I am on the tax field now, and it said "we are sorry the service you're trying to use is currently unavailable, we are working on the problem as quickly as possible please try again later". like seriously
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:35am On Dec 02, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

I am on the tax field now, and it said "we are sorry the service you're trying to use is currently unavailable, we are working on the problem as quickly as possible please try again later". like seriously
It's a system error, check back in a few hours.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
mk82:
It's a system error, check back in a few hours.

I'm done with the tax issue but I read on Kindle that we should save our books in HTML format. Any info on this *Thanks*
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

I'm done with the tax issue but I read on Kindle that we should save our books in HTML format. Any info on this *Thanks*
It is not necessary to save ur book in HTML format. You can upload directly as a MS Word (97-2003) file. Saving to HTML is only needed if u want to view it on ur PC b4 uploading to Amazon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
mk82:
It is not necessary to save ur book in HTML format. You can upload directly as a MS Word (97-2003) file. Saving to HTML is only needed if u want to view it on ur PC b4 uploading to Amazon.

#Bless. When I upload my 1st book, I'll keep in touch #Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Saryea83: 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
@MK82 check your mail!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Samcathe: 1:30am On Dec 05, 2013
@op..this info is really helpful
pls can u jst send a sample of one of ur kindle books to my mail...jossymission@gmail.com

thanks in advance
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Opengates(m): 11:43am On Dec 05, 2013
@MK82: Please what do you suggest I do concerning my published book that got 2 bad reviews, one says it should be $.99 instead of $2.99, the second says it is awful and useless! Do I unpublish it totally, make all the necessary corrections and publish it again although I only used 3days out 5 days promotion?

What, what, what and what I am confused!!!

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
Opengates: @MK82: Please what do you suggest I do concerning my published book that got 2 bad reviews, one says it should be $.99 instead of $2.99, the second says it is awful and useless! Do I unpublish it totally, make all the necessary corrections and publish it again although I only used 3days out 5 days promotion?

What, what, what and what I am confused!!!
Eeyaa, welcome to the club. I've had my share of terrible reviews (when I was just starting) and had to unpublish one book becos I used d same author name for anoda book and it was affecting the sales of dat book.
-U do not have to unpublish d book. Just go and make the necessary corrections in the original Ms Word n upload again.
- u may have to add more material to provide satisfactory value to buyers.
-if you make necessary corrections, oda gud reviews will counter d bad ones later.
-your grammar and use of English should be checked. If you know ur level of English is not good enough, hire a proofreader or ask a friend to read n correct it for you.
-My aim is to always produce books dat have very high standards n also provide quality information.
-Before writing any book, check d books oda people published in dat niche so you can produce similar or even better standard.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kingagropro1: 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
Adinije: @mk82, thanks for ur reply. what about proofreading and editing

Trust, me, written English Language is a critical factor in book publishing, especially when you are looking at the international audience. Spellings, punctuations; full stop, commas, colons, semi colons etc are taken into consideration for a well published material.

Trust i have great competenses in spoken and written English.

I shall be willing to offer my services for proof reading and English tenses correction and editing.

Anyone interested should please email me @ obaconsultant@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kingagropro1: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
henrimoto: ohohh o...! thank you nwanna. i have learnt this one from you.

Most of your local newspaper journalists also use pen names. This was most prevalent in the military era. Such that even when the security operatives burst into those offices and ask of the name of the journalist they see on the newspaper or magazine, they never find the author of the article.

Pen names are allowed in publishing industry.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
Mk82, How do I get a review for my book?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
Bestlyf: Mk82, How do I get a review for my book?
Reviews will come naturally if the book is good. It is better not to have reviews than to have bad reviews wink
Some people buy reviews on fiverr or tell friends to review their books but I do not do that.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
@mk82, and other contributors here, thanks for the great job. I am ready to start my Kindle publishing journey.
I will publish some ebooks this month. I just want to ask one question.

The kindle ecover Creator or maker, has anyone here used it? Is it really good and can produce nice
covers? I tried to access it and discovered, it is only available when I upload my eBook.

Pls anyone, tell me.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 10:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
hamlak: @mk82, and other contributors here, thanks for the great job. I am ready to start my Kindle publishing journey.

The kindle ecover Creator or maker, has anyone here used it? Is it really good and can produce nice
covers? I tried to access it and discovered, it is only available when I upload my eBook.

Pls anyone, tell me.

I designed my book cover using corel draw. WhY don't you use it or get a graphic designer at a business centre to do it for you.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
hamlak: @mk82, and other contributors here, thanks for the great job. I am ready to start my Kindle publishing journey.

Pls anyone, tell me.

I haven't used the kdp cover creator but I've used the one for createspace. If it is the same standard, you can only use it for simplistic covers. You will have the same images and fonts with every other user. If you want your book to stand out, make your own cover or outsource.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ok thank you mk82 for the advice.

Another question pls. I read that I have to make the Table of content (TOC) click-able. what If I do not want to have a
TOC? I just want to publish short stories, the one you can easily read from beginning to the end in one or two days.
can I just write my stories without a TOC?

thanks for the great work.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
mk82:
I haven't used the kdp cover creator but I've used the one for createspace. If it is the same standard, you can only use it for simplistic covers. You will have the same images and fonts with every other user. If you want your book to stand out, make your own cover or outsource.

Right now, i do not know how to use the corel draw and i am also on tight budget. Since you say that i may get a simple cover with the creator, I want to start with that and later get a good cover from odesk. I want to start and do not want anything to delay me anymore. i will perfect things as i go on. i plan 5 kindle ebooks this month. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Opengates(m): 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
mk82:
Eeyaa, welcome to the club. I've had my share of terrible reviews (when I was just starting) and had to unpublish one book becos I used d same author name for anoda book and it was affecting the sales of dat book.
-U do not have to unpublish d book. Just go and make the necessary corrections in the original Ms Word n upload again.
- u may have to add more material to provide satisfactory value to buyers.
-if you make necessary corrections, oda gud reviews will counter d bad ones later.
-your grammar and use of English should be checked. If you know ur level of English is not good enough, hire a proofreader or ask a friend to read n correct it for you.
-My aim is to always produce books dat have very high standards n also provide quality information.
-Before writing any book, check d books oda people published in dat niche so you can produce similar or even better standard.

Thanks, you are blessed!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
hamlak: Ok thank you mk82 for the advice.

Another question pls. I read that I have to make the Table of content (TOC) click-able. what If I do not want to have a
TOC? I just want to publish short stories, the one you can easily read from beginning to the end in one or two days.
can I just write my stories without a TOC?

thanks for the great work.
Yes you do not have to include a TOC for a short fiction book with very few chapters.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Saryea83: 11:20am On Dec 07, 2013
Can one publish a professional book like research, he has made? I mean practical/research work done by someone!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dombible(m): 1:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
Saryea83: Can one publish a professional book like research, he has made? I mean practical/research work done by someone!
Master,i'm worken on a book now,but it nids pictural explanation.is it adviceable to add picture in my ebook?i want to know if is going to be accepted.thank u.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
dombible: Master,i'm worken on a book now,but it nids pictural explanation.is it adviceable to add picture in my ebook?i want to know if is going to be accepted.thank u.
You can insert images in your book.Just make sure you don't use copyrighted images.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
Saryea83: Can one publish a professional book like research, he has made? I mean practical/research work done by someone!
You can publish research books. Just check to see if it will get buyers on kindle.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mk82, I need to understand something. Even after my promotion has expired, my account still reads "free promotion" under my transaction type and has a N/A under Royalty type. As a result my royalty for books sold is not reflected.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
Bestlyf: Mk82, I need to understand something. Even after my promotion has expired, my account still reads "free promotion" under my transaction type and has a N/A under Royalty type. As a result my royalty for books sold is not reflected.
I don't know where you saw transaction type. To see your sales, borrows and free downloads, go to reports in your dashboard and click on "Month-to-Date Unit Sales"
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by darmochy1(m): 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
OP, kimdly assist me by giving a detailed explanation on how I can convert my book cover which I designed in ms word/ corel draw to jpeg format. Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
darmochy1: OP, kimdly assist me by giving a detailed explanation on how I can convert my book cover which I designed in ms word/ corel draw to jpeg format. Thanks
I don't think you can convert to jpeg in MS Word because it's not a graphics software.
In Corel: Once your cover is ready, go to Export (can be found on the shortcut toolbar or under file). Choose a name for the file and the location you want to save it in. When you click export, you'll have the option to choose the width and height. I use 980x1260 pixels. Then click okay.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (201) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.