Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,060 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:45 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread (78475 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (105) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
boay:

The realm of JUDGES NOMINATION continues. Please suggest people here on Nairaland(if you know any) whom you considered capable to be among the judges in the forthcoming debate.
Thanks
COORDINATORS
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
boay: About 11 judges nominated already. Thanks. Let them keep rolling in.

All prospective participants are advised to please peruse the updates on page 13 and 14.
Thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by AbuMikey(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
Vic-jay:
f**k. so no body from AAU could volunteer. If na party na, dem go carry first. would have gone for Uniben (my present skul).

Okpia, Calm down, I was about talking about this to Marthakings when I say Boay asking all participants to stop nominating themselves.

Maybe if Boay agrees to allow more competitors,then,I might draft in Marthakings, whether she likes it or not. wink

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Davo93(m): 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Okpia, Calm down, I was about talking about this to Marthakings when I say Boay asking all participants to stop nominating themselves.

Maybe if Boay agrees to allow more competitors,then,I might draft in Marthakings, whether she likes it or not. wink

It will be nice if we follow the already set rules. The coordinator's yes should be yes and their no, No!

An alteration in the set standard can cause continuous alteration and this will disorganise the whole thing. This we saw at the early stage of the NERD competition.

Once we pass a stage, that decision i plead should stand. Thanks!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by IamSylva(m): 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
I nominate alutacontinua and lomaxx
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by AbuMikey(m): 3:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
Davo93: It will be nice if we follow the already set rules. The coordinator's yes should be yes and their no, No!

An alteration in the set standard can cause continuous alteration and this will disorganise the whole thing. This we saw at the early stage of the NERD competition.

Once we pass a stage, that decision i plead should stand. Thanks!

That's my Point exactly!

We (Coordinators) would not want to turn tables because of some schools, that was why I said "if boay agrees".

That aside,the debate is still gonna go on as planned wink

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 4:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
12 judges nominated. No alteration of plans will be entertained.
Still waiting for more participants of Nairaland University and more judges
Gracias
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by chynazom(f): 5:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
Just to be sure, how will the topics be assigned again?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
chynazom: Just to be sure, how will the topics be assigned again?
randomly using raffle drw method...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Vicjay1(m): 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
Abu Mikey:

i advertise it in different rooms and other website, no one seems to be interested. so so dissapointed. Bodiaye?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
cool cool cool cool cool cool add sincere Nigerian to the list of judges cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy TEAM IMSU
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by AbuMikey(m): 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
Vic-jay:
i advertise it in different rooms and other website, no one seems to be interested. so so dissapointed. Bodiaye?

Ofure broda, just chill a little bit and join "Nairaland University" wink

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by damoskiy(m): 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Have read thru...I think we need to do a little review of the whole process...I have some questions to ask
1. Can we make all school partcipant same...
2. I think a sch should combine their debate together so we don't have them duplicating almost the same thing...they could make use of their schools chat room I.e what ever debate they are to write about they would bring ideas together and then come with something substanial...all the judges need to do is read one debate per school..it doesn't matter the no of person that worked on it...the coordinators could act as spy nd monitor them...
3. What's the prize for the overall winner.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by snoopy(m): 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
@topic, pls let's nominate only people who we are sure will be fair as a judge because am seeing some monikers people are nominating and am wondering if such nominations were well thought through. For example someone nominated sincere 9gerian...it won't be totally out of place to suggest that should you fall under a topic where you have to question or go against goodluck jonathan's policies, automatically you've already lost points if not the debate from his point of view so let's be wise please in nominating ONLY fair, detribalised and unbiased judges based on their character and objectivity as reagrds their comments on nairaland
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 10:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
Be sure that all judges will be people that are up to the task. We understand all the points raised. They will be considered. Also note that not all nominees will be among the judges.
Thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
Damoskiy, when you said the debaters should cooperate wha exactly do you mean? What if They're more than two, will they post the already prepared essays on their school thread and start editing and fixing? Do you think it would go well with those that won't participate if we go with your idea? I'm not sure, even when two persons are together physically, It's difficult for them to combine what they've already written, not to talk of an online essay.... I think the decision by the judges is better.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
@ damoskiy
The prize will not be unveil now. This is to fulfil the purpose of the debate(on page 1).
Your suggestion is nice and the coordinators will consider it, but what happened on page 14 shows that we can go for what you proposed. Kindly go through page 14 again carefully

PLEASE NOTE: We discovered that almost everybody wants to represent his or her school. Majority wont allow others to take their place in presenting the argument of their school on behalf of all of them. Also, discussing to garner points and ideas may not be feasible for all school. That is why atleast 2 representative is needed

In addition, please note that not all participants will be available when the time for the debate comes
Thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by snoopy(m): 10:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
damoskiy: Have read thru...I think we need to do a little review of the whole process...I have some questions to ask
1. Can we make all school partcipant same...
2. I think a sch should combine their debate together so we don't have them duplicating almost the same thing...they could make use of their schools chat room I.e what ever debate they are to write about they would bring ideas together and then come with something substanial...all the judges need to do is read one debate per school..it doesn't matter the no of person that worked on it...the coordinators could act as spy nd monitor them...
3. What's the prize for the overall winner.

I think No 2 issue would have been a very valid suggestion if we were doing this in person but this is an online thing and having to compile and combine while substituting and adding could be a quite a challenge and would waste unecessary time. The issue of points duplication which you raised, if u ask me is rather inconsequential because its gon' be done on a "1 debater against another debater" basis and not a "2 debater against 2 debater" basis or so I understand it unless am wrong. Fellow akokite and comrade grin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by VICTOFX(m): 11:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
@ mordrators and organizers, i am so sorry my surgestion is coming at a wrong time,but i blv some things are beta late than never. pls i want u to kindly consider adding this topic to d debate."skills or certificates, which is surpose to be more considered doring recruitment excersizes?" biko,ejo,ku yi hankuri, jst begging u guys,cos i knw its a crucial factor affecting d dvlpmnt of our dare nation nigeria. thanks in anticipation.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by damoskiy(m): 2:17am On Nov 10, 2013
Don't get angry my reply would be lenghty but that's a way of pouring out my mind as regards anything I want to do...it address all the issues everyone asked me.

This is because only 2 'write-ups' will be considered to grade all schools and these 'write-ups' must be submitted by ONLY 2 representatives from that school.

You said to 2 write ups would be considered...what I mean is you could still have everyone essay combine together...this is how I think you can go about...it would mostly favour schools with more than 2 particiapant...if for example you have 4 representing a school...you should find a way of sending your essays to one person amongst you..he then reads thru combine the essays together and would be your schools P.R.O for the debate shikena....all your essays for each stage as you progress would be sent to your p.r.o...he would do the editing and post on your behalf... Somewhere again you wrote not all participant would be available...you would be surprise that once the ASUU strike is not called off before the time of the debate you would have a lot of person coming here to learn...since this strike started I am usually on nairaland for close to 7 or 8 hours in a day....it might sound like I am jobless but it exposes my views about things in life...if I read people's opinion about something then I can come up with something myself and give you advice about it... Again I think instead of the judges disturbing themselves for the first stage...we could identify the top winners by the number of likes...so its left for the schools representative to gather as many resoures available...I hope the prize make sense ooo...you would marvel at how good some schools represenative would be...
Snoopy pls mail me at damilola_dairo@yahoo.com so we can sort out our own issue jare as the pride of the nation and the most preferred university in Nigeria... Others don't feel jealous you failed jamb that you this school didn't pick you...don't quote this part ooooo ....my head is fresh now...I can give you idea about anything just mail me...shikena
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Damitism: 2:26am On Nov 10, 2013
@Elliotwiz1's post above
Exactly what I have been thinking too. Though it's a good thing they want each school representatives to COOPERATE but I'll find it very difficult to STEP DOWN.
Well, as they said, they know what they are doing. **fold arms and keep watching**

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Vicjay1(m): 6:38am On Nov 10, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Ofure broda, just chill a little bit and join "Nairaland University" wink

Oria ukhin. i have done that.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 10, 2013
TEAM IMSU UPDATES: I did a background check and found out my co-debater reppin IMSU is a nairaland newbie with just 2 post to his credit, all efforts to reach him 'clinton' is inconclusive, please if he is viewing this, he should try and contact me. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Sanguine(f): 10:32am On Nov 10, 2013
#still following#
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by VICTOFX(m): 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
VICTOFX: @ mordrators and organizers, i am so sorry my surgestion is coming at a wrong time,but i blv some things are beta late than never. pls i want u to kindly consider adding this topic to d debate."skills or certificates, which is surpose to be more considered doring recruitment excersizes?" biko,ejo,ku yi hankuri, jst begging u guys,cos i knw its a crucial factor affecting d dvlpmnt of our dare nation nigeria. thanks in anticipation.
some1 say something pls.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Hello everyone
Please avoid quoting long posts and make your questions as precis as possible.
Thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
@ VICTOFX
The coordinators have done the grouping and topics have been selected. But if need be it may be considered. Though dont be surprise if it is not among the debate topics.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
cowleg: TEAM IMSU UPDATES: I did a background check and found out my co-debater reppin IMSU is a nairaland newbie with just 2 post to his credit, all efforts to reach him 'clinton' is inconclusive, please if he is viewing this, he should try and contact me. Thanks
This was one of the reasons why we allowed many representatives.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 3:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
We discovered that many still failed to understand the instructions.
Many of the questions above have been answered, but it seems people didnt peruse all posts.

It was also noticed that people are taking the debate as a do or die affair. YOU ARE NOT REPRESENTING YOURSELF, YOU ARE REPRESENTING YOUR SCHOOL. YOU CANT EMERGE AS A WINNER ONLY YOUR SCHOOL CAN EMERGE AS A WINNER. No matter the representative of the school the GLORY WILL GO TO THE SCHOOL. Or are you participating to show off?

Also, please calm down. This is not the first debate on Nairaland, many participants will just 'disappear' before the debate due to one reason or the other.

NB:
No matter who delivers his/her school's argument. The contributors (other co-debaters) from the school WILL BE 'RECOGNISED' This is the meaning of cooperation.

If there is still any question unanswered, please do well to ask
COORDINATORS
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
@boay, you posted something about 'do or die' and i guess you said that because of our reactions, but i think the reason We're showing that extra zeal is because we don't want to be left out it and not because we see it as a do or die affair... Even if we if don't come out tops We'll get over it in hours, I think using the term "do or die mentality" is wrong. Sorry for the long post.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
More nominees for judges are welcome
Also, still waiting for people to join Nairaland Unversity
Thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
Where are these interested partcipants?

ILLUMINATUS ESUT

BENMON UNIZIK

HYZICH UNIMAID

BABALOLA UNILORIN

LIBKID NOUN

EDYGISTVILLAUNIUYO

NIZSTEPHEN Absu

Please if you are reading this, kindly signify if you will like to join Nairaland University.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (105)

Bride In Wedding Gown Writes UNILAG Masters Entrance Exam / 20 Best Course With Best Employment In Nigeria / If You Say There Is No God, Let Me Show You My JAMB Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.