Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? (10233 Views)

How To Avoid Being Scammed On NL / Funny Activities Of "Inspired Autos" (Fake Custom Papers And Tint Permit) / Avoid Being Scammed!! Please Read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by seyideco(m): 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
I want the gurus' in the house to Pls share experience nd educate us on various ways scammers used in out-smarting innocent victims when it's comes to online cars business especially nairaland's auto section.

1 Like

Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by primusmaximus: 12:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
Very good topic... personally i think its extremely risky because of the unknowns.. hopefully some gurus here will help us out. I once saw the exact same picture of one Mitsubishi Pajero in 2 different topics with different prices and OP's on nairaland
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by seyideco(m): 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
Yes maximos, as for me.
I'd suggest the moderator should Ave the full details of anyone that wants to post autos for sale here in nairaland.... At least to keep dubious pple in check e. g if I'm to post a car for sale, the moderator shd Ave the owner's full names (national I. D card or license), account numbers etc.
Most of dis auto dealers here doesn't use a valid names slf.
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by seyideco(m): 12:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
primus_maximus: Very good topic... personally i think its extremely risky because of the unknowns.. hopefully some gurus here will help us out. I once saw the exact same picture of one Mitsubishi Pajero in 2 different topics with different prices and OP's on nairaland
Can u imagine that?
If u are putting cars for sale on nairaland, drop ur full contacts wif the moderator.... Dats little u can share of thousands u gonna earn.
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by primusmaximus: 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
seyideco:
Can u imagine that?
If u are putting cars for sale on nairaland, drop ur full contacts wif the moderator.... Dats little u can share of thousands u gonna earn.
Exactly.. I also think the mods should have a way of verifying each OP.. they don't have to reveal their identity to us but at least the Mods should know them.. they could scan a form of identification and send to the mods and the mods should find a way of verifying its authenticity... I know it sounds very stressful for the Mods but that seems the safest bet
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Chaleeee: 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
An OP once posted the pictures of a Nissan Altima on NL. I called and the guy at the other end of the line said the car is available for inspection. On getting there with my dad's mechanic, the car they showed me was different from the pictures posted and they were trying to intimidate me into paying for it. Thank God I was with someone and I wasn't even carrying any money. Buyers pls beware.

3 Likes

Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
always be careful..

#WINNER MAY TAKE EARTH.
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by DankemzI(m): 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
.......<<Space for sale>>......
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Eyop: 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
If one is greedy in any business transaction,he or she is likely to fall for scam. Recently we've been receiving post or should i call it advertorials from several people claiming that Customs are auctioning cars and they go as far as posting ridiculous prices e.g a 2010 Toyota Camry selling for #600,000 when we can't get that anywhere from a legitimate dealership.

Also avoid buying cars from individuals online except you have someone that can assist you check the vehicle and meet with the seller face to face prior to committing money. So it's always advisable to deal with companies that due diligence can be performed on them before transacting.

1 Like

Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by topzyng: 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
Beware of this person,he call himself CHIBIZ LTD, he's a real scammer, phone number 07011198227

3 Likes

Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
Their is a Man that calls himself Mr John. He appears to be a fone seller nd he will tell dat he works for one Omega Tron. The man is a scam, he has scammed alot of Innocent people. Diz his number; 08166535171. He posts his scam shit evrywea.Beware.

1 Like

Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Aromas: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
Dunno wot 2 say here right now cus am still 18yrs may be am gonna learn 4rm wot people with highly intellectual we say. God bless u MUM 4 buying me BB
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by WizPrince1(m): 6:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
Oh Scammers
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Kesmakveli(m): 6:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
For me, I wouldn't patronize an unknown dealer! Dats all... Thanks
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
People should post the ways na,I want to learn. grin angry angry
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by alienware(m): 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
I bought a car for my uncle through nairaland and it was sent to me, my mum also got a car from here ! I think its cool, besides i had them sent to lokoja in kogi state.
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by pelhurmy(m): 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
I've neva had such experience.....I'll av 2 learn 4rm d experienced ones

I just dey observe with dis *drip*

I pray I get well soon
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Sunny360: 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
*Enters thread,looks left&ryt 4d 'gurus',clears throat,den comments* Waitng d 'profs.' Ikenna,Siena,et al.
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Laslim(m): 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
Noted!
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Godson201333(m): 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
well the price should be the first trick...When someone want to sell range rover for 900,000 naira what do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by benpuzzy(m): 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
Oga, e be like say dis dude don dup u as well cos i'm still working out modalities on how to track him down.
topzyng:
Beware of this person,he call himself CHIBIZ LTD, he's a real scammer, phone number 07011198227
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Rubbish and useless topic, if you want 2 buy something sebi you go see wetin you won buy b4 you pay? Abi dem use JAZZ 2 confuse you?

1 Like

Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by mcdokwe(m): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
wanting to buy something in an unusual low price. doesn't necessarily mean you can't be scammed with the right prices
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by BUTONEDAY(m): 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
Cheap deals always carry higher risk. So beware of cheap cars. Try to visit the car dealer in person and inspect what you are buying.
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by oniconx: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
1 don't go for ridiculous prices.
2 don't send any form of advance payment no matter what.
3 cross check claims of seller for consistency using different phones
4 pay only for what u see at bank for security and record
5 avoid seller claiming customs sales or location in kamba jigawa or far places
5 double check identities if the person have records and personal pics on facebook,whatsap,twitter etc
6 be sensible. Goodluck!

6 Likes

Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Darejyde(m): 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
Pray b4 you do †ђξ transaction or browse for †ђξ car online.

1 Like

Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Dhortunn(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Dsage1: 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
@all, please and please there are genuine cars dealers on NL. There might be some scammers really but don't forget there're genuine people too that imported their vehicles from US and EU.

All you need to do is to ask for the requires papers including custom duty. That's why I will advise people to patronize sellers that imported through port. THANK!

1 Like

Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
i was a victim earlier this year,
long distance can make one fall a victim especially if the buyer is occupied and has no trusted person to inspect the car.
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Darejyde(m): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
Its A̶̲̥̅ hard thing Τ̅☺ part with your hard earned 500k so God go punish them, wen you notice dee seller is begining Τ̅☺ tell you diffrent stories RUN, and pay 4wat you see and touch, don't go alone, don't go for there wit cash better †ђξ transfer thing(its easier than what pple say abt it) finally take style snap dee guy if possible video dee scammer. Dats all!
Re: Possible Ways Of Being Scammed On Online Autos Business? by Infomizer(m): 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
oniconx: 1 don't go for ridiculous prices.
2 don't send any form of advance payment no matter what.
3 cross check claims of seller for consistency using different phones
4 pay only for what u see at bank for security and record
5 avoid seller claiming customs sales or location in kamba jigawa or far places
5 double check identities if the person have records and personal pics on facebook,whatsap,twitter etc
6 be sensible. Goodluck!
Finally, some pertinence!
Thanks buddy

(1) (2) (Reply)

2008 Toyota Corolla ₦ 900,000 (negotiable) / 2010 Model Toyota Corolla Sportz Toks / 2004 Toyota Highlander wt 3rd Row Seat Pre-order By Step2002 From Calculusx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.