Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,451 members, 7,954,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:53 AM

Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) (84779 Views)

NBC Management Trainee 2015 / Unilever Future Leaders program / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by ikenna58(m): 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Kolkleen:

Baba no be only ratio and percentage ooo. How do pple wtout a little science knowledge solve d velocity questn? I'm sure the pass rate for this test will be a little low unlike BAT.
And I agree wth Savant abt allgood's post.

BAT test was very simple nau... this one was quite challenging! and what velocity question are you talking about?
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by abiggy(f): 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2013
ikenna58:

I wonder why you had to delay till today before submitting... Anyways, wait till night when the network should be a bit okay. And DO NOT TAKE THE TEST WITH YOUR PHONE
Thanks. Please do you think if I get 25MB plan for mtn modem, it will be enough? Cafes here in Ibadan are far from reliable when it comes to power
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Kolkleen(m): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2013
ikenna58:

BAT test was very simple nau... this one was quite challenging! and what velocity question are you talking about?

Yea true sha and thr was mre time. Thr was a questn abt driving in the morn (inner zone blah blah). Anyway, we wldnt av gottn d same questns cos kenexa uses a test bank jst like shl.
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by kokoA(m): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
Kolkleen:

Baba no be only ratio and percentage ooo. How do pple wtout a little science knowledge solve d velocity questn? I'm sure the pass rate for this test will be a little low unlike BAT.
And I agree wth Savant abt allgood's post.
na wah o! That means I didn't answer many questions o.. Me I no see any velocity question o. I answered the numerical question up to the point when 1 had 1minute left, then I just rushed and guessed the remaining answers by ticking random options (afterall no negative marking naw grin ), for the logic test, I did the same thing. But I couldn't guess to end even in 50secs, I was timed out.
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Savant(m): 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
LOL. That wasn't a velocity related question. They gave different zones: inner, outer etc. They gave years that the survey was taken from 1987, 1995, 1997. Then they listed time periods- morning, evening etc. The data now had distances accomplished by a motorist in those years and zones (36KM, 35KM etc). The questions asked were like the average distance accomplished by a motorist that drove say inner zone 1995 through to 1997 etc. Something like that. I saw that question. It wasn't one of the cheapest questions they had sha but the sub questions asked were much easier than the data appeared.

The logic had 24 questions to be answered in 12minutes and only 12 questions were straightforward. Infact that thing was more of abstract reasoning than logic. If you could do up to 20 comfortably just know that you have an IQ of well over 160. It wasn't beans!
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Nduxzy: 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2013
For my numericals i had 20mins and logic i had 15mins but for both i couldnt go beyond 10 questions,d questn require extra brain ooo started today and ended today 3hours non stop Hope for the best sha!
AllGood: Let's settle the isuue of 'one or two tests taken' for once. If the TOTAL (or combined) TIME for your test(s) is less than about 40mins, then something could be wrong somewhere. Check this excerpt from Unilever' site: "Online test:
This 40-minute timed-test is available for completion immediately after the application form has been submitted. You have up to two weeks to take this test, depending on your country. Tests are deemed complete after the allocated time has passed."
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by djaxz4sure(m): 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2013
unilever link not opening again on adexen. Heeeeeeellllllllpppppppp
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
please people, what is the time frame within which one is to complete the test. Someone helped me Submit my application yesterday. I don't have access to a good system or reliable internet connection where I am. Can I do it on Friday cos I will be in PH by then.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by DMainMan: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
Come c aw those in white dudes in UK are lamenting about the test. For those who hasnt got regret mail, hope still de.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2454841

I did only numerical test while some people who did both numerical and logical had gotten regret mail.

I still cant figure out aw Unilever de work.
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Kolkleen(m): 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
Savant: LOL. That wasn't a velocity related question. They gave different zones: inner, outer etc. They gave years that the survey was taken from 1987, 1995, 1997. Then they listed time periods- morning, evening etc. The data now had distances accomplished by a motorist in those years and zones (36KM, 35KM etc). The questions asked were like the average distance accomplished by a motorist that drove say inner zone 1995 through to 1997 etc. Something like that. I saw that question. It wasn't one of the cheapest questions they had sha but the sub questions asked were much easier than the data appeared.

The logic had 24 questions to be answered in 12minutes and only 12 questions were straightforward. Infact that thing was more of abstract reasoning than logic. If you could do up to 20 comfortably just know that you have an IQ of well over 160. It wasn't beans!

Baba they gave average speed when driving through each of the zones. There was a question they gave the distance traveled and required us to calculate the percentage of time spent on the road for that day. You calculate the time spent for each zone add it and divide by 24hrs. Maybe you didn't see that one smiley
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Tmany(m): 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
This one people are talking about their performance I got to number 12 on the numerical and the logic part still came up.
I now wonder how many questions people that didn't get the logic part did in the numerical part.
Did the test on Friday and no reply yet fingers crossed
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Kolkleen(m): 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
Tmany: This one people are talking about their performance I got to number 12 on the numerical and the logic part still came up.
I now wonder how many questions people that didn't get the logic part did in the numerical part.
Did the test on Friday and no reply yet fingers crossed

I'm guessing the pass mark is 50%. You were probably sure of the ones u answered.
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Savant(m): 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
^ @kokleen

When you divided by 24 hours did you see your answer there? What makes you feel that the answer you may have seen was the correct answer many variables.

I'm certain the distance given was 40km and the averagee speed for the time zones was like 26.4 and 26.8. They asked for morning and evening periods abi?

I remember the question somewhat well. It was the last question I saw and I believe it was 'my' numbers 18-20. I had about 3 mins 50 seconds at this point.
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Kolkleen(m): 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
Savant: ^ @kokleen

When you divided by 24 hours did you see your answer there? What makes you feel that the answer you may have seen was the correct answer many variables.

I'm certain the distance given was 40km and the averagee speed for the time zones was like 26.4 and 26.8. They asked for morning and evening periods abi?

I remember the question somewhat well. It was the last question I saw and I believe it was 'my' numbers 18-20. I had about 3 mins 50 seconds at this point.

yep, sure did. time is distance/velocity. Get time taken for the two trips add up and divide by 24. dasall. It doesn't matter anymore tho but I guess one may come across a similar questn in another test.
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by davide470(m): 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
Savant:
grin Thought you didn't apply. Thought you decided to wait for the 'Oil and Gas' Job.
grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by blueheffner(m): 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
Personally I don't think the numerical and logical test tin has to do with performance,maybe probably department, a friend of mine who wrote the test and said he was only able to attempt 5 and guess the rest due to cafe issues, also did the logical reasoning and anoda said he was sure of getting above 10, was only able to attempt numerical reasoning. For example is there anyone dat applied for finace and was able to do the logical reasoning?
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Darkhorse007(m): 9:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
See men.
The problem with online tests is that there can be so many cheats...
@blueheffner, a friend of mine who applied for finance did both numerical and logical tests.
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Xtaceeey: 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
davide470:
grin Thought you didn't apply. Thought you decided to wait for the 'Oil and Gas' Job.
grin grin

Hahahaha I taya 4d dude ooo, he 1st come dey form stunt sayin he no nid am, na oil nd gas die-hard fan... whereas he don take d test. Ds jst 2tel us dat we shdnt folo wat ppl say here, sum ar jst here 2discourage dia fellow brethen... God wee help us!!

1 Like

Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by davide470(m): 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
Darkhorse007: See men.
The problem with online tests is that there can be so many cheats
Bros Bros.. U don leave ConsBrew?
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Darkhorse007(m): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2013

Incredible!
It seems like you've got the question right there with you....and I thought you said you didn't apply?

hmmmm. I thought as much

1 Like

Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by ikenna58(m): 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
abiggy:
Thanks. Please do you think if I get 25MB plan for mtn modem, it will be enough? Cafes here in Ibadan are far from reliable when it comes to power

It may not be enough... Atleast 50MB to be on a very safe side!
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Darkhorse007(m): 9:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
davide470:
Bros Bros.. U don leave ConsBrew?
Ha ha ha. I'm still there, sir. Consobrew has refused to call the engineering/brewing peeps for interview after the function based test o. One will definitely have to spread tentacles.
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by Savant(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2013
^^
I didn't apply. I assissted someone in writing the test after the first person didn't get to do the logical test.

@kolkleen, I know what time is as it relates to distance-velocity. Let's just say we used different means to arrive at our answers. In my experience with answering these SHL type questions I always attempt to solve the questions with the available data as I believe those questions aren't set to favor any discipline. So I won't have manufactured 24hrs for a day. Afterall there were 3 time zones within the day and the question I believe we are discussing about asked for the percentage the car spent over the average of the morning and evening periods.

We live and learn indeed.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by ikenna58(m): 9:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
Kolkleen:

Yea true sha and thr was mre time. Thr was a questn abt driving in the morn (inner zone blah blah). Anyway, we wldnt av gottn d same questns cos kenexa uses a test bank jst like shl.

OK... I think i saw that question. But the whole test still involves Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division.. and a bit of conversions from one unit to another.
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by ikenna58(m): 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
Savant: LOL. That wasn't a velocity related question. They gave different zones: inner, outer etc. They gave years that the survey was taken from 1987, 1995, 1997. Then they listed time periods- morning, evening etc. The data now had distances accomplished by a motorist in those years and zones (36KM, 35KM etc). The questions asked were like the average distance accomplished by a motorist that drove say inner zone 1995 through to 1997 etc. Something like that. I saw that question. It wasn't one of the cheapest questions they had sha but the sub questions asked were much easier than the data appeared.

My good friend... i thought you didnt apply because none of the positions tickled you? How come you can remember how the questions was asked and even the options!!? You even know it was more of abstract than logic? and wait, "It wasnt beans!!?" So you actually wrote the test to know it was challenging and you didnt apply.. Hmm, this my guy ehn! Abi na you set the questions for Kenexa?
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by DMainMan: 9:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
blueheffner: Personally I don't think the numerical and logical test tin has to do with performance,maybe probably department, a friend of mine who wrote the test and said he was only able to attempt 5 and guess the rest due to cafe issues, also did the logical reasoning and anoda said he was sure of getting above 10, was only able to attempt numerical reasoning. For example is there anyone dat applied for finace and was able to do the logical reasoning?

Ya u are definitely right. If it is so, I should av gotten regret mail by now. I intentionally kept quiet on this issue but I just noticed dat some people has started using dis to discourage odas when they got regret mails. Some of them were even denying de didnt write the test.

So, if u wrote 1 test only u ar gud to go. There were many people dat did both test but got regret mail. They had programmed d stuff to make sure people dont cheat for transparency.

Just like Shell, ur application matters a lot. Hope u guys answered those interview questions well. They will consider it in shortlisting if d competition is much.

Success to u all.
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by abiggy(f): 9:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
ikenna58:

It may not be enough... Atleast 50MB to be on a very safe side!
Thanks
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by ikenna58(m): 9:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
djaxz4sure: unilever link not opening again on adexen. Heeeeeeellllllllpppppppp

Application closed i guess... till 2014
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by DMainMan: 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
blueheffner: Personally I don't think the numerical and logical test tin has to do with performance,maybe probably department, a friend of mine who wrote the test and said he was only able to attempt 5 and guess the rest due to cafe issues, also did the logical reasoning and anoda said he was sure of getting above 10, was only able to attempt numerical reasoning. For example is there anyone dat applied for finace and was able to do the logical reasoning?
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by ikenna58(m): 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2013

And no position tickled your fancy huh?
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by ikenna58(m): 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
davide470:
grin grin

No mind savant... Unilever don fall im hand!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) by ikenna58(m): 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
Xtaceeey:

Hahahaha I taya 4d dude ooo, he 1st come dey form stunt sayin he no nid am, na oil nd gas die-hard fan... whereas he don take d test. Ds jst 2tel us dat we shdnt folo wat ppl say here, sum ar jst here 2discourage dia fellow brethen... God wee help us!!

The last time i checked, Unilever no be Oil and gas oo.. So na u be this ur friend wey Unilever knack regret mail??

Savant fall our hands real bad

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply)

Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme / Is Civil Defence, Prisons And Immigration Doing Internal Recruitment? / Oyibo Woman Selling Purewater On Lagos Street (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.