Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware (30021 Views)

Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage / American Visa Lottery Is Here Again October 2011 / US Visa Lottery: Is It Genuine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by oladayo042: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
There was a similar advert by Jonathan King at Ibadan telling you "we'll help you to become a Canada citizen' by just paying peanuts. They called the program 'VPI Canada'.
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by k10: 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
you would be surprised to know the workers themselves might not know it is a scam!
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Siga: 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
k10: you would be surprised to know the workers themselves might not know it is a scam!
....U are very correct... U know its a violation to charge people for any immigration service if u are not a Certified Canadian Immigration Consultant... U are allowed to do it free...
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Anvaller: 4:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
Siga: Someone sent this to me. They came across these fraudsters at the Ikorodu ... this is so sad... why do Nigerians do this to our own kind or anyone for that matter...

Please warn any gullible being out there... there is nothing like Canada visa lottery... Please be warned... if you need any info about Canada... visit

www.cic.gc.ca or any of the travel sections on Nairaland... dont fall for this please...

Ok dude, I understand your concern but from this picture, there is no cause for alarm whatsoever, most especially from a legal point of view. They did not advertise Visa Lottery, they only advertised Canada Visa for work, live and study and there is nowhere that says u are guaranteed to get visa at that cost and at their services. From that perspective if a client goes to them and they charge 500naira, well they might have produced information and tips on how u can go about ur applications. It's not too bad if they charged 500naira for that, at least they are not charging 5000naira. If anyone do not want to be shortchanged, go online and do ur own research. If u can't then u must be ready to pay for ur laziness that's it.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Siga: 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
4bobo:
it was a typo error now. U dont need 2 abuse him now.
@topic. They are evrywhere now, ikeja, island,oshodi. But my friend in america told me there is something like canadian visa lottery. He even sent me a link last year and one of our friends did it and in canada now. So i dont know the mix up now.
... U can share the link or ask the very guy... there are several programs lined up that you can pursue ... it might be the Provincial Nominee the guy use... u for ask well...
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by MagicBishop: 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
Siga: ....U are very correct... U know its a violation to charge people for any immigration service if u are not a Certified Canadian Immigration Consultant... U are allowed to do it free...

Are they working from Canada?
Since they are not how can Canadian Law be applicable to them?

In my book, they are not doing anything illegal as they are acting as agents in procuring a Canadian visa.

The only people that need to be punished are the ignoramus who will fall for it.

Nigerians like to claim they are smart but in reality Nigeria is home to the largest legions of Certifiable maggas.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by MagicBishop: 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
k10: you would be surprised to know the workers themselves might not know it is a scam!

Off course they don't know and I won't be surprised if condition for their employment was to enroll in the scam before getting the marketing job.
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by MagicBishop: 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
Anvaller:

Ok dude, I understand your concern but from this picture, there is no cause for alarm whatsoever, most especially from a legal point of view. They did not advertise Visa Lottery, they only advertised Canada Visa for work, live and study and there is nowhere that says u are guaranteed to get visa at that cost and at their services. From that perspective if a client goes to them and they charge 500naira, well they might have produced information and tips on how u can go about ur applications. It's not too bad if they charged 500naira for that, at least they are not charging 5000naira. If anyone do not want to be shortchanged, go online and do ur own research. If u can't then u must be ready to pay for ur laziness that's it.

concurred!
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Siga: 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Are they working from Canada?
Since they are not how can Canadian Law be applicable to them?

In my book, they are not doing anything illegal as they are acting as agents in procuring a Canadian visa.

The only people that need to be punished are the ignoramus who will fall for it.

Nigerians like to claim they are smart but in reality Nigeria is home to the largest legions of Certifiable maggas.

...Point taken...u r kuku right...lol
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Anvaller: 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
4bobo:
it was a typo error now. U dont need 2 abuse him now.
@topic. They are evrywhere now, ikeja, island,oshodi. But my friend in america told me there is something like canadian visa lottery. He even sent me a link last year and one of our friends did it and in canada now. So i dont know the mix up now.

Come on now! Why do u have to ponder over that in bold. If there is anything like Canada Lottery, all u need to do is check cic and then check all the visa categories. If u can't find anything like lottery, that means it doesn't exist no matter what anyone is telling u. Let me tell u this, there are so many ways u can enter Canada, its all about knowing which route u wanna take or qualified for and u just go for it and then boom!!!... oh ok may be not just boom like that cos it takes a lot of time but u will get there. Do ur research guys do ur research stop listening to this person in america and that person in london. Do ur own research.

Even some of all these so called agents are craps, majority of them are utter garbage and a waste of time... so the best bet for u is to rely on ur own self.
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Christmasdon(m): 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
Which way Nigeria.
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by cluewebhost(m): 5:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
Make I go print. UK visa lottery. Tshirt n Banner. Brb
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by ladygogo: 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
Isnt everything you need to know on the website?
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by ayos82: 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
Afghanistan lottery please contact 060-9990000 grin
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by kbabajide(m): 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
not only in ikorodu, dey re also in ketu
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 02, 2013
Siga: ....There is absolutely nothing they can do... its left to Naija authority to stop it...and u wont believe how many EDUCATED guys still mail me asking about this....

Education aint common sense
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
25omega: To be fair, the picture doesn't show any advertisement that says lottery. It might be an info desk which would cost you N500 grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin information desk indeed, i never knew canada has a consulate at ikorodu. grin grin grin
maybe they are staffs of jonathan king and apple choice.bloody scammers!!!

I still remember the crystal service immigration scam and how people were warned on nairaland. They still fell mugu.

https://www.nairaland.com/706047/crystal-service-immigration-scam/34

http://www.nigerianworkers.com/2011/09/canada-work-visa-how-7000-nigerians-were-scammed/

These ought to be on frontpage sef.
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by mayowaowoyemi(m): 5:07am On Nov 21, 2013
Siga: Someone sent this to me. They came across these fraudsters at the Ikorodu ... this is so sad... why do Nigerians do this to our own kind or anyone for that matter...

Please warn any gullible being out there... there is nothing like Canada visa lottery... Please be warned... if you need any info about Canada... visit

www.cic.gc.ca or any of the travel sections on Nairaland... dont fall for this please...
Dis ur site sef na still scam
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by ebiyeherberts: 5:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
hahahaha...like seriously,its all over the place..saw a stand in igando and i was like really'cos last time i checked,there was nothing like a Canadian visa lottery..if anything else getting a Canadian visa if you are a Nigerian right now is really difficult..no thanks to our brothers and sisters giving us a very bad name over there coupled with over dependence on social welfare of most of our citizens over there..this sucks and to think that these peeps are racking in so much money preying on the gullibility of some Nigerians is really disappointing.lets face 500 bucks aint a big deal sha..hahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Re: Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 03, 2014
MagicBishop:
Canada has long increased visa restrictions to Nigerians and it has become even more hard of recent, to secure an immigration visa to Canada than a tourist visa (the reverse used to be the case). This new development is coming in the wake of the economic gloom Canada's big neighbor to the south is experiencing.

More and more white collared, Ivy leagued, young Americans are heading north to Canada and in most cases opting for a Canadian passport.

The situation has also become more grim for would be emigres from third world countries like Nigeria owing to their lowered skill level and their inability to fully integrate within the Canadian society, something white Americans can easily make the switch since Canada shares a lot of cultural similarities with the U.S.

Also, abuse of immigration rights, false claims for asylum, redundancy and dependency on social welfare by many Nigerians in Canada has made that country evolve "thick skinned" immigration laws against Nigerians especially. You can all blame Ms Kemi Omololu for contributing hugely to this new policy arrangement.

This is not the first time that Nigerians collectively have to suffer for the crimes or idiocracies (as in the case of Omololu), I recalled being told by my dad, that in the 70's , you could buy a ticket on the counter and be in London in 6hrs without having to obtain a Visa. You would be guaranteed a 2 week stay on presenting your passport to the immigration officer at Heathrow.

Now all that has changed.
Drug peddling in the 70's, birthing arrangements (The Parents of most if not all the Tokunbos are guilty of this), scam marriages, credit card frauds, petty theft and the current high welfare and dole dependents of resident Nigerians in the UK all made Nigerians persona-non-gratis

Pic related: It is that crazy old wind bag that got deported

I visited UK in 1984 with no visa from Nigeria.

Nigeria was still good then.

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Nigerian Stowaways Arrested In Malaysian-Bound Cargo Vessel / Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire / Condition Of Nigeria Rail Terminal In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.