Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Holding My Pee In? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Holding My Pee In? (1666 Views)

Becareful When Holding Or Carrying A Child By His/her Hands Only. / Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women / Help:is It Normal To Pee, Every 30 Minute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holding My Pee In? by Catchfire1: 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hello good people of NL, please just want to find out if there is any medical condition that can be as a result of someone not using the bathroom when he is suppose to (89% of the time). I hold my pee alot to the extent that i think it flows back into somewhere (no idea yet) and then i forget to pee. I know its a bad habit, but are there real implications to this?
Re: Holding My Pee In? by YabaLeftist: 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
O boy you dey kill yaself slowly. Your urine gets reabsorbed into your kidneys and that is not good for you, its like taking wastes and toxins back into your system. Stop that habit.
Re: Holding My Pee In? by Lagusta(m): 9:20am On Nov 02, 2013
Yaba_Leftist: O boy you dey kill yaself slowly. Your urine gets reabsorbed into your kidneys and that is not good for you, its like taking wastes and toxins back into your system. Stop that habit.

You are right, but wrong at the same time.....

The urine may flow back, but won't be reabsorbed, it will just flow into the ureters and kidneys and expand the tubules, calyces and ureters, lading to hydronephrosis/hydroureter....

but commonly, it leads tto urinary tract infection.... which is also not good.

@op, please don't hold your urine for long, pee it out frequently!!!
Re: Holding My Pee In? by Catchfire1: 10:22am On Nov 03, 2013
Thanks guys. The thing is that the bathroom is really far from the main office. cry
Re: Holding My Pee In? by Vivly(f): 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
Catch_fire: Thanks guys. The thing is that the bathroom is really far from the main office. cry
gringringrin
You better get moving each time you get an urge to pee else, one day.....
Re: Holding My Pee In? by Lexusgs430: 10:33am On Nov 04, 2013
Catch_fire: Thanks guys. The thing is that the bathroom is really far from the main office. cry

Get a urine bottle to hand, and pass urine has soon as you feel the urge. Storing urine(waste) in your bladder, has severe health consequences on the long run.
If you cannot get a urine bottle, start wearing adult pads. And change them as frequently as you use them. Once your pad bill rises, you will soon realise letting it flow freely is cheaper and better !!!!

1 Like

Re: Holding My Pee In? by Catchfire1: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
Vivly: gringringrin
You better get moving each time you get an urge to pee else, one day.....

Easier said than done, you need to see the distance, God will punish the architect that designed that office grin

Even my oga does not pee angry
Re: Holding My Pee In? by Catchfire1: 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
Lexusgs430:

Get a urine bottle to hand, and pass urine has soon as you feel the urge. Storing urine(waste) in your bladder, has severe health consequences on the long run.
If you cannot get a urine bottle, start wearing adult pads. And change them as frequently as you use them. Once your pad bill rises, you will soon realise letting it flow freely is cheaper and better !!!!

Adult pads? undecided
Re: Holding My Pee In? by dominique(f): 8:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
Lexusgs430:

Loool, these are better options for our op, rather than walking all those kilometres to his office toilet.
Re: Holding My Pee In? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
Better walk that distance, or one day you'll find you can hold it in and your unconsciously peeing and then need to use catheter to release backlog of urine
Re: Holding My Pee In? by Lexusgs430: 11:54am On Nov 05, 2013
salsera: Better walk that distance, or one day you'll find you can hold it in and your unconsciously peeing and then need to use catheter to release backlog of urine

What in medical terms, we call URINARY RETENTION !!!!!
Re: Holding My Pee In? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
GUY U GET OFFICE NO BE OKO POLY U DEY NO LIE FOR HIA
Re: Holding My Pee In? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
Catch_fire:

Easier said than done, you need to see the distance, God will punish the architect that designed that office grin

Even my oga does not pee angry
GUY I DON BURST U FOR NAIRALAND
Re: Holding My Pee In? by plendil: 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
Lagusta:

You are right, but wrong at the same time.....

The urine may flow back, but won't be reabsorbed, it will just flow into the ureters and kidneys and expand the tubules, calyces and ureters, lading to hydronephrosis/hydroureter....

but commonly, it leads tto urinary tract infection.... which is also not good.

@op, please don't hold your urine for long, pee it out frequently!!!

Not too frequently naa. grin
Re: Holding My Pee In? by plendil: 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
But I wonder why an office would be built without toilets. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Holding My Pee In? by Catchfire1: 9:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
plendil: But I wonder why an office would be built without toilets. undecided undecided undecided

I didn't say that o, I just said its far, more like the extreme end of the building.

(1) (Reply)

President Sacks Doctors In Nigeria With This Letter! / What Type Of Water Do You drink In Your House? / Eko Hospital, A Building Of Deaths?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.