Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

I need financial help concerning my education. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I need financial help concerning my education. (9555 Views)

Please I Need Financial Assistance Concerning My Education / Please I Need Financial Help Concerning My Education / Only For Students Who Need Financial Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
I am one of the students who were just given admission at the University of Ibadan. I'm at my early 20s. I would have wish to reveal my totally identity here but because I am ashamed of myself and my current status, I have decided to reveal it later.
My reason for this is that I need your help financially. But you can still get me at <***********>
Or better still, you can check http://www.jamb.org.ng with <***********> or <***********>

Let me tell you how my woe started. Sincerely, I have been saving money for my admission since early this year and around june, i had been very confident that i won't have much problem concerning money especially at the beginning of my admission processing. But early in july, i was terribly sick. I spent all the money i had kept for my admission in treating this sickness. I even borrowed money from my workplace which i am yet to pay back. I am still convalescing from the sickness right now. The doctor said i will be taking one kind of drug for six months which i'm still using now. According to our calculation, january is the last month (i started using d drug in august). It's this sickness that make me totally down financially.

It was a surprise that i passed the university of ibadan post utme exam as the sickness prevented me from reading.

I was very happy when i saw that my name is on the admission list but my achille's heel is the acceptance fee.
At the early hours of this afternoon (november 1) when the admission list was release, i saw the deadline to be 22nd of this month and i was like " I will struggle to get the acceptance fee before that date" but my sadness was increase when i checked again in the evening and i saw that they had change the date to 15th of november. There's no way i can make that much (N20,000) within that short period (2 weeks) and i don't want to lose my admission because I have been struggling to get it since 2011. This is just too much for me.

I will be glad if someone can help me. I beg the moderator to help me if they can help move this post to front page. You can contact me at <***********> or post here. Please, i really need help.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 3:39am On Nov 02, 2013
Over 20 views already and it doesn't seem anyone cares. So so sad!!
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 02, 2013
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
@Mi expressive, must you insult? Ahn ahn! Its appaling, seeing nairalanders trying to mask their poor communication skills with unwarranted insults. Its too much. Im sure that's the way you insult your parents and other superiors. If you dare quote me and say nonsense, I'l so mess up with you, and up till the end of december, you'll feel it, emotionally and otherwise, that someone tackled you.Utter rubbish.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Olugbenger(m): 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ezeed: @Mi expressive, must you insult? Ahn ahn! Its appaling, seeing nairalanders trying to mask their poor communication skills with unwarranted insults. Its too much. Im sure that's the way you insult your parents and other superiors. If you dare quote me and say nonsense, I'l so mess up with you, and up till the end of december, you'll feel it, emotionally and otherwise, that someone tackled you.Utter rubbish.
Nice.
cool
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
I'm sorry for closing this tread by deleting my post. I earlier ask for help but no one cares to do so after many views. I was sad and dat's y i just closed it.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Ifyx(m): 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
Damitism: I'm sorry for closing this tread by deleting my post. I earlier ask for help but no one cares to do so after many views. I was sad and dat's y i just closed it.
@op,fa may ask,wat course were u gıven ın UI?
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
Damitism, seems you were pretty fast in deleting ur post. Oya, kilo sele, pray tell, what were you asking about before?
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ezeed: @Mi expressive, must you insult? Ahn ahn! Its appaling, seeing nairalanders trying to mask their poor communication skills with unwarranted insults. Its too much. Im sure that's the way you insult your parents and other superiors. If you dare quote me and say nonsense, I'l so mess up with you, and up till the end of december, you'll feel it, emotionally and otherwise, that someone tackled you.Utter rubbish.
nah! You just replied yourself so why bother? Taking a shot at you will be too easy so i wont
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
@ mi expressive, I must say, you did the right thing by not saying nonsense this time, else, I would have mended you. Nice weekend.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Olugbenger(m): 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
mi xpressive:
nah! You just replied yourself so why bother? Taking a shot at you will be too easy so i wont
Ezeed: @ mi expressive, I must say, you did the right thing by not saying nonsense this time, else, I would have mended you. Nice weekend.
Seems like you guys have some sort of ongoing war by proxy or a previous bitter encounter online regards to the various statements made here. I just hope it's not one of the reasons the OP modified his earlier post.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
@Olugbenge, nothing of the sort. I just had to lash out cos it baffles me when I open a decent thread and find uncalled-for insults 'assaulting' my eyes right, left, center. This one time, I had to give it to d madam for herself, and on behalf of her other team mates(other insultive nairalanders/persons). And no, the poster modified his post before he got any response.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Olugbenger(m): 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ezeed: @Olugbenge, nothing of the sort. I just had to lash out cos it baffles me when I open a decent thread and find uncalled-for insults 'assaulting' my eyes right, left, center. This one time, I had to give it to d madam for herself, and on behalf of her other team mates(other insultive nairalanders/persons). And no, the poster modified his post before he got any response.
Alright, i understand ur naiviety and i hope you don't get involved in other brawls online.
BTW, u sounded like u saw the OP's initial post and requests; why did u fail to respond accordingly?
sad
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ifyx: @op,fa may ask,wat course were u gıven ın UI?

I was given pharmacy. U can check jamb.org.ng with this jamb reg number <***********> or u can check ui website 4 the admission list on pharmacy. My name is <***********>
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ezeed: Damitism, seems you were pretty fast in deleting ur post. Oya, kilo sele, pray tell, what were you asking about before?

This is my initial post yesterday.===>>>
I am one of the students who were just given admission at the University of Ibadan. I'm at my early 20s. I would have wish to reveal my totally identity here but because i am ashamed of myself and my current status, i have decided to reveal it later.

My reason for this is that I need your help financially. Let me tell you how my woe started. Sincerely, i have been saving money for my admission since early this year and around june, i had been very confident that i won't have much problem concerning money especially at the beginning of my admission processing. But early in july, i was terribly sick. I spent all the money i had kept for my admission in treating this sickness. I even borrowed money from my workplace which i am yet to pay back. I am still convalescing from the sickness right now. The doctor said i will be taking one kind of drug for six months which i'm still using now. According to our calculation, january is the last month (i started using d drug in august). It's this sickness that make me totally down financially.

It was a surprise that i passed the university of ibadan post utme exam as the sickness prevented me from reading.

I was very happy when i saw that my name is on the admission list today but my achille's heel is the acceptance fee.
At the early hours of this afternoon when the admission list was release, i saw the deadline to be 22nd of this month and i was like " I will struggle to get it before that date" but my sadness was increase when i checked again this evening and i saw that they change the date to 15th of november. There's no way i can make that much within that short weeks (2 weeks) and i don't want to lose it because i have been struggling to get it since 2011. This is just too much for me.

I will be glad if u can help me. I beg the moderator to help me if they can help me move it to front page. You can contact me at <***********> or post here. Please, i really need help.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2013
@Olugbenger, thanks. I dont go around engaging in brawls, but if ever I feel the need to say something, I come out with it. And regarding your question- no, I didnt see his post. If I may ask, what do you mean by 'naviety'?
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Olugbenger(m): 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2013
Damitism:

This is my initial post yesterday.===>>>
I am one of the students who were just given admission at the University of Ibadan. I'm at my early 20s. I would have wish to reveal my totally identity here but because i am ashamed of myself and my current status, i have decided to reveal it later.

My reason for this is that I need your help financially. Let me tell you how my woe started. Sincerely, i have been saving money for my admission since early this year and around june, i had been very confident that i won't have much problem concerning money especially at the beginning of my admission processing. But early in july, i was terribly sick. I spent all the money i had kept for my admission in treating this sickness. I even borrowed money from my workplace which i am yet to pay back. I am still convalescing from the sickness right now. The doctor said i will be taking one kind of drug for six months which i'm still using now. According to our calculation, january is the last month (i started using d drug in august). It's this sickness that make me totally down financially.

I was very happy when i saw that my name is on the admission list today but my achille's heel is the acceptance fee.
At the early hours of this afternoon when the admission list was release, i saw the deadline to be 22nd of this month and i was like " I will struggle to get it before that date" but my sadness was increase when i checked again this evening and i saw that they change the date to 15th of november. There's no way i can make that much within that short weeks (2 weeks) and i don't want to lose it because i have been struggling to get it since 2011. This is just too much for me.

I will be glad if u can help me. I beg the moderator to help me if they can help me move it to front page. You can contact me at Damitism@gmail.com or post here. Please, i really need help.

Hey bro i understand ur plight.
I'm not really in a position to frontline ur point but i'm gona assist you in ways i can. I know of a popular lady on this forum 'ifyalways' who once provided invaluable assistance in a similar case. Once some folks here can verify the authenticity of ur claims, the needful would be done.
You should however, confide in a mod and state ur claims more convincingly.

1 Like

Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2013
@Damitism, I just saw ur original post. I'l get in touch with you offline. Dont worry, it is well. And you deserve congratulations. So, here you have it- CONGRATS on your admission.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
Olugbenger:
Hey bro i understand ur plight.
I'm not really in a position to frontline ur point but i'm gona assist you in ways i can. I know of a popular lady on this forum 'ifyalways' who once provided invaluable assistance in a similar case. Once some folks here can verify the authenticity of ur claims, the needful would be done.
You should however, confide in a mod and state ur claims more convincingly.

i will be ready to provide any proof that all what i said are totally true. You can add me on facebook at <***********> to see my pics and view my profile to see how my friends rejoiced with me on thursday when i told them i have finally gain admission to study pharmacy.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ezeed: @Damitism, I just saw ur original post. I'l get in touch with you offline. Dont worry, it is well. And you deserve congratulations. So, here you have it- CONGRATS on your admission.
Thank you very much. I will be happy to meet you. I'll be looking forward to that. I will be ready to give any detail you enquire of me. Thanks
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 12:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
Hmmmmn!! I don't know what to do again. God is alive!
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by ifyalways(f): 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
@OP,I got your PM and emails.

Congrats on your admission and get well soon. I've got a few questions though to ask you:
How do you plan to survive in school(feeding,accomodation,transport and handouts) ?
What about your parents,relatives etc?
How much is the school fees?

I'm not even in Lagos right now so I cannot meet with you to verify or something. I think student's status(es) can be verified online so any other nlder can do that. I'll be following the thread and if i am blessed and led to support you,I'll let you know via PM.

God bless.
NB:Maybe you can move this to the religion/family section undecided
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
@ifyalways. About how i'm going to live in school:: Sincerely, i don't know. Let me tell you what i was planning before. Back in november 2012, I realised that the reason i had failed previously in JAMB and Post UTME exam and gaining admission is that i don't read much. So, i buckled up and started reading like my life depend on reading only. I read the essential textbook for physics, chemistry, biology and some important part of essential english. I also read some other chemistry and physics textbooks. I practised all the past jamb questions commonly know as "series" of english, physics, chemistry and biology from 1978 to 2011. Everyone that have ever know me before i started reading knew that i have changed totally from my former self because i abadoned my online activities (i do browse/chat a lot). Even offline, i don't play much with my friends again. I was doing this hoping that i will get a very high mark in the JAMB exam and thereby get a scholarship which will help me in furthering my education. I'm sure it was this my reading that helped me in university of ibadan post utme as i was unable to read for that post utme exam because of my sickness. I was even blaming myself that i would have gotten higher marks than the 72 i got in the post utme if i had read. So, as i was saying,the JAMB exam came and i did it. You can't measure my joy when i left the exam hall that day because most of the questions were just too simple. The result came and i saw the SHOCKER, 220. I was downhearted because the worst i had expected was 250+. That was how my hope for a scholarship was dashed. The even more sad thing is that the previous year (2012) that i don't even read much, i got 225 and i didn't gain admission. So, i was like "this is another wasted year". I gave up on reading totally that time because i just can't see its usefulness in my 2013 jamb result when compare to 2012. So, you can see that it was my hope for a scholarship that i was planning to use to sustain in school before the jamb result came out.

<<====CONCERNING MY FAMILY===>>
Hmmmmn! I have a family! But the condition of my family presently can't do anything much in sponsoring my education.
Let me tell you a little about my family. I lost my dad to death in 1998 after an illness. Since then, life has been very tough. It's only my mum and my grandma that have been doing much of the caring. I also have two younger sisters. My dad had a sister, the two are actually twins, (my dad is 'taiwo' and his sister 'kehinde'). Though, my dad have other relatives too according to what my mum do tell me, i only know of this his sister. Well, I thank God for them! Though, these people i mentioned are trying their best but to be sincere, they don't have much (let me put it that way to sound kinda polite). I can still remember that one of them had tried to discourage me in choosing pharmacy because of the cost but pharmacy has always be my dream work.

*****Now, concerning the cost of pharmacy course. Well, the only thing i know now is the acceptance fee which is N20,000. I know there are many other fees and things to buy but i have no knowledge of their cost now. I will do a research on them.

***About my status**
When i send my jamb reg number and name, i knew that those things can NEVER be a proof at all but as at then, i just don't know what else to send. I will be ready to give any details if anyone ask to verify my authenticity.

I will try and move the post to the places you suggested as well. Thanks!!
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by ifyalways(f): 10:15am On Nov 04, 2013
Damitism:

<<====CONCERNING MY FAMILY===>>
Hmmmmn! I have a family! But the condition of my family presently can't do anything much in sponsoring my education.
Let me tell you a little about my family. I lost my dad to death in 1998 after an illness. Since then, life has been very tough. It's only my mum and my grandma that have been doing much of the caring. I also have two younger sisters. My dad had a sister, the two are actually twins, (my dad is 'taiwo' and his sister 'kehinde'). Though, my dad have other relatives too according to what my mum do tell me, i only know of this his sister. Well, I thank God for them! Though, these people i mentioned are trying their best but to be sincere, they don't have much (let me put it that way to sound kinda polite). I can still remember that one of them had tried to discourage me in choosing pharmacy because of the cost but pharmacy has always be my dream work.

!
Good morning.
I've got to be brutally honest here and it might hurt. I could be wrong though and God has the final say.

First,you said in your intial post that you were working(part time) before you fell sick.what kind or work? Which state do you live at?

If i understood your post,20K is just acceptance fees ,after that comes the main tuition fees and then hand outs,text books plus others. Realistically speaking,how are you going to get through all that undecided It would have been a different ball game altogether if you are already in school because you would have been used to the system,know how to get around certain hurdles(financial).

You do write well for a Nigerian Undergraduate.

Here's my honest suggestion - Can you defer this admission to say next year and we'all put heads together to look for a job for you? It's not the best of news or suggestion,I know but from where i stand its do-able. You are still young and intelligent,Jamb should not be a problem for you. My logic is this :If you can get something to do for one year,you'll be able to save a substantial amount of money to start school next year. The options are unlimited -you can even go to the open university or part time schooling(subject to your course of study)

Please,understand that i am not playing God in your life but I am telling you what i would have done had i been in your shoes. Your friends might laugh at you, you will feel down and bad,you might want to blame God and poverty but remember,life is not a competition nor a race. Everything works for our good,pleasant or not. I am not good at writing long posts but i hope you get my drift undecided

Think through and decide on whats best and realistic for you at this point.

NB: There is a charity org. run by Nlders.Its called TEHN. You can send them an email and see what they can do. nairalandcharity@gmail.com

All the best smiley

1 Like

Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 04, 2013
And also open your eyes for scholarship exams...
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
@ifyalways. Concerning the work I'm doing==>>
I'm teaching in one of the private primary school in my town. My salary per month is N4,000. Well, the school management said that they can't pay more than that for a 0'level certificate holder. It was from this money that i had saved the little I had before i fell sick and also attend to some neccesities of life.

About where i live :::: I'm a native of <*******>, the head quarter of '<*******>' of <*******> state.

Also, about waiting for another year. I too had told my mum that before but any time i say it, it do sound like a senseless talk to her. I'll still talk to her on the issue though it's a disheartening thing. Thank you very much for your advice.
I will message the charity group too and see what happen afterward.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
Elliotwiz1: And also open your eyes for scholarship exams...
Sincerely, i have searched everywhere i know i can for the scholarship thing but I'm yet to record success concerning it. I will be glad if you can redirect me to one out there.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
Damitism:
Sincerely, i have searched everywhere i know i can for the scholarship thing but I'm yet to record success concerning it. I will be glad if you can redirect me to one out there.
i'm searching too... Scholarship forms available now are for only year 2 students, fg and shell scholarships come once in a blue moon and it expires days after the release of forms. But if you can keep surfing the web for updates, i'm sure you may not miss it.

1 Like

Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by OAM4J: 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
@OP

What exactly are you looking for on this thread; N20k acceptance fee or scholarship for the whole program?

If you pay the acceptance fee now, considering the explanation you just gave about your background, how do hope to pay the rest fees and tuition for the remaining years?

Raising 20k might be easy, but the 20k might become a waste if you are unable to pay other fees or if you have to drop out of school after a while for lack of finances. I guess Pharmacy is a 5 yr program in Nigeria if am not mistaking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NECO Releases SSCE Results, 878,925 Get Credits In English And Mathematics / Futa Post Ume & Admission Result. / HELP!! I Need 200k To Pay For School Fee. ;newly Admitted Uniben Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.