Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,642 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign (17494 Views)

Tribunal Sacks Senator Gilbert Nnaji / BAKARE BOMBSHELL: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As VP Candidate / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by ceo4eva: 6:31am On Nov 02, 2013
Fourteen months after his sudden exit from President Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet, ex-Minister of Power, Prof. Barth Nnaji, on Friday opened up on the “powerful interests” he claimed forced him out of office.

Nnaji accused unnamed generator and diesel suppliers as well as sundry government contractors in the power sector of being behind his sudden resignation from office.

Nnaji, who is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Geometric Power Limited, however, took glory for the successful handover of the successor companies of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria which took place on Friday.

The former minister spoke at Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State, where he delivered the institution’s 5th Convocation Lecture entitled: “Towards a Sustainable Value System for Economic Growth.”

He said the conclusion of the privatisation of the power sector would not have been possible without the initiatives he introduced and solid foundation he built right from the time he was Special adviser to the President on Power and later minister of power.

He said he was particularly happy that despite the fact that the people behind his travails moved to “hack me down” the Power Sector Reform Roadmap he initiated became a success story.

Nnaji said, “When I came in as Special Adviser on Power to the President and Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Power, I said we should take this power issue as an act of parliament and implement it to the letter.

“When you hear of the Power Sector Reform Road Map, it is the plan for the implementation of a law for the reform of the power sector and we did not go outside of that as we pursued it vigorously and boosted investor confidence.

“I’m pleased that today(Friday) is the physical handover of all the generation and distribution companies to private sector. I’m very proud of this rigorous plan and discipline and the follow through.

“But this success story came with all manner of challenges. Some people were trying to hack me down and it was just tremendous.

“We had challenges from generator suppliers; diesel suppliers; people in government benefiting from having to award contracts and even the contractors themselves and all manner of people – they were all calling for my head.

“But we were able to go to the point of no return and this is a credit to Nigeria.”

He lamented that Nigeria is one of the most corrupt countries in the world and urged the graduating students to join the movement that will cleanse the nation of the menace.

He said, “Ask yourself, ‘How can I be a part of doing something great that significantly and positively impact my society?’ ‘How can I balance living well and doing good deeds?

“Go out there and be a shining example of what Nigeria and Africa can give to the world. Become part of the movement that will drop Nigeria from the list of the most corrupt nations of the world.”

The Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Isaac Adeyemi, while delivering his opening remarks, noted that the Nigerian economy cannot grow in a situation where corruption thrives with impunity.

He called for a well articulated and sustained value system adding that no individual, organisation, society or nation grows beyond its value system.

He added, “I’m also persuaded to resonate the question, ‘What is wrong with Nigeria? Why can we never do things right or do the right thing?’ The simple answer lies in our wrong value system.

“How can the economy grow in a country where corruption thrives with impunity; where pubic officers are liabilities rather than being assets to economic growth and are never held accountable for their deeds?”

http://www.punchng.com/news/generator-suppliers-forced-me-to-resign-nnaji/

5 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by bedane: 6:36am On Nov 02, 2013
‎‎​I have always known people were behind his resignation. ‎‎​I see this making front page.

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by konjakonja(m): 6:38am On Nov 02, 2013
Mr Nnaji you should have reported this matter to the police then.

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 02, 2013
...drop me here on my way to frontpage

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by JECBOSS: 6:44am On Nov 02, 2013
Can we now say Prof. Barth Nnaji is a man of impeccable principles and proven integrity? I seriously think so!
On a lighter note, Akpos attended a church service one Sunday. He sat beside a very ugly girl. While the pastor was preaching he said, "Tell the person seated next to you that he or she is beautiful" Akpos immediately stood up and the pastor said, "Where are you going?" Akpos replied, "I'm changing seat, do you want me to lie in the house of God?"
Abeg, Click 'LIKE' for Akpos

74 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Realdeals(m): 6:50am On Nov 02, 2013
ok prof

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by bigfree: 6:53am On Nov 02, 2013
conductor, abeg give me my change before e master your hand. I dey drop 4 my nairaland busstop. I wan comment sharp sharp

3 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 02, 2013
konjakonja: Mr Nnaji you should have reported this matter to the police then.
Which Police? Am sure you're not referring to the NPF

5 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Coldfaya(m): 7:16am On Nov 02, 2013
It is obvious. Everyone knows the generator n diesel cabal will do anything possible to keep Nigeria in d dark. Either bribe, or laying down banana pills for u to slip. Bribe couldn't work for d Prof., they deviced other means.
(Do) we givv up?!!
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by holyvirgin: 7:17am On Nov 02, 2013
Sarcasm

Oh yes, privatisation of power sector is the best thing that has happened so far and we pray that the corrupt people in government will not in anyway tamper with its progress.
Mr Bath should have stayed and fight the cabal just like his sisters are doing on a daily basis. The likes of Oduah, Okonjo etc are very strong women who knows that resigning is not the best option.
Nigeria belongs to us, and we must all come together and fight for our rights, fighting corruption is a fight we all must support.
Nice speech mr Bath

5 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Chanchit: 7:44am On Nov 02, 2013

You make me laugh, did you just type "police..?". Police that can not arrest Maina's wife after beating her husband mistress to coma.

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Hadeyeancah(m): 7:52am On Nov 02, 2013
Prof.,I used to praise u b4 bt now I can see u're a coward

2 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by tomakint: 7:56am On Nov 02, 2013
Thank God what he laid down is now working.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by gerald09(m): 8:00am On Nov 02, 2013
holyvirgin:
Sarcasm

Oh yes, privatisation of power sector is the best thing that has happened so far and we pray that the corrupt people in government will not in anyway tamper with its progress.
Mr Bath should have stayed and fight the cabal just like his sisters are doing on a daily basis. The likes of Oduah, Okonjo etc are very strong women who knows that resigning is not the best option.
Nigeria belongs to us, and we must all come together and fight for our rights, fighting corruption is a fight we all must support.
Nice speech mr Bath
Well put, its because of strong women like dem, dats why Nigeria is lookin a bit better, years back our parents gave up on us dats y Nigerian youth are d way dey are nw, we need to fight these so called cabel, dey only human, even if dey use evil diabolical means, with a good heart God will never let dem harm u #fact.

5 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by egift(m): 8:01am On Nov 02, 2013
So Generator sellers told President Jonathan to sack a performing minister and he did? He is weaker than I first thought.

El Rufia and Ribadu had OBJ's backing despite the bad name the got him, because they were doing was right.

Jonathan only support election rigging, subsidy scam, pension thieves, BMWgate, etc.

13 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Dblack: 8:01am On Nov 02, 2013
I just want to keep my fingers crossed hoping sale of PHCN works this time
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by nairaman66(m): 8:05am On Nov 02, 2013
I think he forgot to "Do The Needful" grin

2 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by gbadexy(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2013
I really don't know why all the excitement on the privatization of the phcn when there is no competition or alternative.
What we have now is putting us in the hands of cabals. We are at their mercy and there really is nothing stopping them from giving poor power supply and receiving money except the pre paid meter is fully operational all over and the revenue generated is tied to electricity usage.
I hope the NERC isn't compromised in the future so that these cabals won't be pegging the payment rate to their advantage.

11 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by nduchucks: 8:17am On Nov 02, 2013
eeyaah, if you yourself had not been caught trying to use your position for personal gains by Sambo, the whole country would have supported you if you had told us that the Generator suppliers were squeezing you. Too late to cry now.

5 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Ngwakwe: 8:25am On Nov 02, 2013
In another similar news, the Aviation Cabal is trying to force Princess Stella Oduah out of office as to stop the progress she is making in that sector.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by dridowu: 8:28am On Nov 02, 2013
Until i see 24/7 power supply in my house/work place before i believe privatization/government is working. Anything less of 24/7 is poorest.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Coldfaya(m): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2013
dridowu: Until i see 24/7 power supply in my house/work place before i believe privatization/government is working. Anything less of 24/7 is poorest.

U go tey for bus stop. Keep waiting.

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by ObiOkpor(m): 8:59am On Nov 02, 2013
[quote author=egift]So Generator sellers told President Jonathan to sack a performing minister and he did? He is weaker than I first thought.

El Rufia and Ribadu had OBJ's backing despite the bad name the got him, because they were doing was right.

Jonathan only support election rigging, subsidy scam, pension thieves, BMWgate, etc. Get ur smal brain updated!GEJ neva sackd d former minister,he resigned voluntarily nd stop dz ur madness.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by sirwilli(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by striker9(m): 9:52am On Nov 02, 2013
Naija which way.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by egift(m): 9:53am On Nov 02, 2013
The minister resigned because his enemies (the generator sellers) did not want him and his boss sided with them. The minister serves the President not the traders.

You only get sacked in this case, if you refuse to resign.

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Iceman296: 10:11am On Nov 02, 2013
I don't Believe this, Barth Nnaji had His Own Private Electricity Firm bidding to take Over the Eastern part of the Privatisation. The Only Option he had was to Resign to face that One.

I don't know why we Believe any Junk that Cynical Journalist Posts, No Sane serving minister in Nigeria Would Resign due to threat.

Lie Lie

12 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by bodejohn(m): 10:28am On Nov 02, 2013
gbadexy: I really don't know why all the excitement on the privatization of the phcn when there is no competition or alternative.
What we have now is putting us in the hands of cabals. We are at their mercy and there really is nothing stopping them from giving poor power supply and receiving money except the pre paid meter is fully operational all over and the revenue generated is tied to electricity usage.
I hope the NERC isn't compromised in the future so that these cabals won't be pegging the payment rate to their advantage.

Exactly why I have taken the privatization stories with a pinch of salt. The telecomms sector that has been easily referred to is still struggling with all the competition that is available.

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Big4wig(m): 10:35am On Nov 02, 2013
I wish i knew what u are talking about buh all i know is dat When i was young i used to be afraid of the dark but now that i'm matured when i see my electricity bills i'm afraid of the light..

5 Likes

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 02, 2013
Wise men from the East!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom / Buhari At The Opening Plenary At Morrocco Of The High Level Segment Of #COP22 / Abandoning Nnamdi Kanu May Haunt South-east Leaders In 2019 — Pat Utomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.