Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,483 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign (17500 Views)

Tribunal Sacks Senator Gilbert Nnaji / BAKARE BOMBSHELL: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As VP Candidate / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by JECBOSS: 10:38am On Nov 02, 2013
bedane: I see this making front page.
Was this a prophetic declaration or just a mere prediction?
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by LMAyedun(m): 10:40am On Nov 02, 2013
The same "powerful interests” behind our epileptic power supply in Nigeria.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by figment232(m): 10:41am On Nov 02, 2013
Dblack: I just want to keep my fingers crossed hoping sale of PHCN works this time
Why wont it work?
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 02, 2013
JECBOSS:
On a lighter note, Akpos attended a church service one Sunday. He sat beside a very ugly girl. While the pastor was preaching he said, "Tell the person seated next to you that he or she is beautiful" Akpos immediately stood up and the pastor said, "Where are you going?" Akpos replied, "I'm changing seat, do you want me to lie in the house of God?"
Abeg, Click 'LIKE' for Akpos
Am i the only one that find this joke absolutely boring?

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by slimfit1(m): 10:45am On Nov 02, 2013
The only presidential candidate from the igbos that I think can bring a change. Any other person is a fraud
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by kemechrist: 10:46am On Nov 02, 2013
i recomment his effort on dat but not until we see it done because d corruption level in our nation is very high.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by DrDoGood1(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2013
egift: So Generator sellers told President Jonathan to sack a performing minister and he did? He is weaker than I first thought.

El Rufia and Ribadu had OBJ's backing despite the bad name the got him, because they were doing was right.

Jonathan only support election rigging, subsidy scam, pension thieves, BMWgate, etc.

Don't be naïve, he wasn't sack, he resigned by himself when the cabals he mentioned were bringing so much false allegations against him. Leave GEJ alone!
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by RockMaxi: 10:55am On Nov 02, 2013
Nnaji, who is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Geometric Power Limited
This is more of the reason why he resigned...And the cabals used it against him seriously.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by WildChild00(m): 10:55am On Nov 02, 2013
Prof Barth has done wonderfully well in the power sector when he was the minister of power, like what he has reveled, that some cabals in the sector forced him to resign, that is absolutely true, we all know those that own/import generating set into the country, they are our government officials, and they own large percentage of shares in those companies, an example of the formal vice president of this country owning shares in Mikkano groups that imports generating set, tell me, how would such a government high official ever think ofrehabilitating the power sector when he was in office, all he will think of is wat go into his pocket as profit, Nigeria has a long way to go, may God help this country.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by nerodenero: 10:56am On Nov 02, 2013
I have always known that Generator supplies were the brain behind the failing power reforms.Many had clamoured for the outright ban of generator so as to be able to reposition the power sector but the fight was bigger for those clamouring.The end to their monopoly over power has come with the recent handover on friday.I just hope darkness or power outage will soon be a thing of the past.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by otokx(m): 11:01am On Nov 02, 2013
Its only the simple minded that will believe this junk piece of journalism.

Did someone say conflict of interest?
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Godsbrown(m): 11:06am On Nov 02, 2013
Hadeyeancah: Prof.,I used to praise u b4 bt now I can see u're a coward

u can never achieve what he has achieved...because this is an open forum, u think you can run ur mouth anyhow.
Can u call your father a coward?

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2013
I laff in Egun dialect on reading that some cabal forced Barth Nnaji out!

If I hear

If the president were not some ball-less individual,how on earth would you allow some people(cabal) derail yr power sector reform by asking for the head of a seemingly performing minister under you....if not that the President is subservient to the same cabal he said he won't mention their names cos he doesn't want to be attacked and all that

The president is supposed to use his office to protect any of his minister who is performing(am not talking of anyone who is corrupt!) no matter what

But I felt Nnaji was forced to resign over his conflicting interest in the sale of some of the GENCOS and DISCOS....some of the earlier pre-qualified companies who would have bought some power plants and companies were allegedly traced to him after having been assured of GEOMETRIC POWER LTD contract

It is like sponsoring or having links in several companies that want to buy those concerns. It was discovered and he was told to resign since other stakeholders and competitors could not trust his fair sense of judgement and impartiality!
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Ezemust: 11:09am On Nov 02, 2013
egift: So Generator sellers told President Jonathan to sack a performing minister and he did? He is weaker than I first thought.

El Rufia and Ribadu had OBJ's backing despite the bad name the got him, because they were doing was right.

Jonathan only support election rigging, subsidy scam, pension thieves, BMWgate, etc.
ur name na sorry.na thunder sopos 2 arrange u wella.idiota.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Dannylux: 11:15am On Nov 02, 2013
Appoint me the minister undecided
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by solomon111(m): 11:17am On Nov 02, 2013
I can't believe anybody would actually post this crap on the frontpage.
Barth Nnaji cannot be a player and an umpire at the same time.
That would lead to corruption.
The best thing to do was resign.

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by akintun: 11:22am On Nov 02, 2013
Wat he did was unlawful, and he had no option but to resign. He should have just told us d truth, which is d president girlfriend got him sacked.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by solomon111(m): 11:25am On Nov 02, 2013
akintun: Wat he did was unlawful, and he had no option but to resign. He should have just told us d truth, which is d president girlfriend got him sacked.
The president girlfriend?
Do you have sawdust for brains?

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by acume: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2013
Are you a learner, how can he report to police when police will always tell the so-call generator dealers & co when he report.
konjakonja: Mr Nnaji you should have reported this matter to the police then.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2013
solomon111: I can't believe anybody would actually post this crap on the frontpage.
Barth Nnaji cannot be a player and an umpire at the same time.
That would lead to corruption.
The best thing to do was resign.

Thumb's up for you

You can not be a Regulator and an active Player in an industry

Your sense of judgement will obviously be compromised as you will be likely to favour organisations that are close to you!

He himself didn't help matters with this his statement which is meant to even taint the president as a weak man who buckled under the pressure of a cabal when obviously he knew the role he played in his ouster
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by solomon111(m): 11:29am On Nov 02, 2013

Your hate for the president is turning you to a morøn.
It's even laughable that you were complaining of corruption in that same post when you're supporting corruption at the same time.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by ceejay80s(m): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2013
He is talkìng rubbish , when he was on seat,was thère improvement? Make we hear word. How many tîmes i get light?
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by ubongutioh(m): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2013
He is a coward... You resign when you do something wrong, not when you are about to do something right... What if his successor heeded to the intimidation of the so called diesel and generator cabals... Who would have finished the privatization? He shld find a place and sidon mbok...

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Zet72(m): 11:42am On Nov 02, 2013
What makes him a coward, U fight back when u can win, but run when u can't win
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2013
Iceman296: I don't Believe this, Barth Nnaji had His Own Private Electricity Firm bidding to take Over the Eastern part of the Privatisation. The Only Option he had was to Resign to face that One.

I don't know why we Believe any Junk that Cynical Journalist Posts, No Sane serving minister in Nigeria Would Resign due to threat.

Lie Lie
The FG knew he owned Geometric before he was appointed. In fact he was appointed due to the experience he had with Geometric. He declared his interest in Geometric. Do you want the company to fold up because the promoter was appointed Minister? He wrote the Roadmap to Power which became a success with the transfer of PHCN assets to private investors. He did no wrong.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by emmaelectelect(m): 11:49am On Nov 02, 2013
gbadexy: I really don't know why all the excitement on the privatization of the phcn when there is no competition or alternative.
What we have now is putting us in the hands of cabals. We are at their mercy and there really is nothing stopping them from giving poor power supply and receiving money except the pre paid meter is fully operational all over and the revenue generated is tied to electricity usage.
I hope the NERC isn't compromised in the future so that these cabals won't be pegging the payment rate to their advantage.
The process will never put us in the hands of the cabal, since you will only pay what you consume [like GSM recharge card] please look for a copy of the power road map 2 study
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Emytexboy(m): 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
:PWounders shall never end.HmmmGenerator(s)and diesel importèr(s) olooohhh :PWounders shall never end.HmmmGenerator(s)and diesel importèr(s) olooohhh

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Sagamite(m): 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
He is a person!

He wants to claim it is not his greed that got him into a jam that led to him resigning.

What an absolute person!

Next time focus on the job, not money.

1 Like

Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by joe120120(m): 12:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
ceo4eva:

http://www.punchng.com/news/generator-suppliers-forced-me-to-resign-nnaji/
thank you Nnaji for ground work.Nigerian's let have committee that will plan and bring in moderity for Revolution now to end this corrupted humans. to save our unborn children's.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Olugbenger(m): 12:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
Sagamite: He is a person!

He wants to claim it is not his greed that got him into a jam that led to him resigning.

What an absolute person!

Next time focus on the job, not money.
Exactly a person!
grin grin grin
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Longeria(m): 12:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ngwakwe: In another similar news, the Aviation Cabal is trying to force Princess Stella Oduah out of office as to stop the progress she is making in that sector.
But they can't succeed.
Re: Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign by Sagamite(m): 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
Olugbenger:
Exactly a person!
grin grin grin

Someone is in charge of privatisation and then joins the list of private investors that wants to buy what he is in charge of selling and the person claims there is no conflict of interest.

In the same Nigeria?

What a pure person!

We can as well have court cases where the accused can also act as the Judge for their own case.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trainee Plane Crashed In Ilorin During Routine Exercise / IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre / PDP Chairmanship: South-east PDP Caucus Endorse Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.