Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Yaris Or Corolla - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Yaris Or Corolla (4780 Views)

WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! / Please Advice: Yaris Or Avanza? / Camry 99 Or Corolla 2003? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaris Or Corolla by Jaydenphoenix: 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2013
Hi...I want to get a car. My first car.
Now I'm confused as I can't decide which is better. I'm looking at a Toyota yaris or the corolla. They are both within my budget(1.5mn -1.8mn)
I'm just learning how to drive. Pls advice.
Thanks.
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by chucky234(m): 12:11am On Nov 03, 2013
Get yourself 2007 Corolla Sport, you will love it.
Remember to thank me later.
**wink**
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 03, 2013
2003 - 2007 corolla is nice but not the sports type because of the spoiler below.not to good for bumpy roads.
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by redcliff: 7:41am On Nov 03, 2013
Corolla all the way. That yaris is like a wayward corolla brother. Factory reject. Well in terms of asthetics. Lol. But the sports is really pretty you can go for that if you know your major routes are not pot_hole infested. Asides that pls buy the normal ones. Thanks
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 03, 2013
@ OP, do you live in Nigeria? If Yes, then I should inform you that Corolla ECU (BrainBox) theft is alarming please go through this webpage and read what is happening.

www.nairaland.com/1005422/ecu-stolen

Besides, toyota motors takes the lead in car theft. As for me, I won't touch a toyota with a 40 yard pole.

1 Like

Re: Yaris Or Corolla by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 03, 2013
grow up pls,so because of few complaints it means all corollas gonna lost theit brain boxes? corolla remains the best selling now amongst all toyotas
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
justjeff: grow up pls,so because of few complaints it means all corollas gonna lost theit brain boxes? corolla remains the best selling now amongst all toyotas

Lomomike IS grown up.

You need to put sentiment aside, and face facts - Toyota Corolla ECU's DO get nicked on a regular basis, fact. I get so many emails with owners requesting replacements, not because they went bad, but because their car's were bust open, and their ECU's stolen.

So it's more than just a few complaints.

Just because the Toyota Corolla is the best selling model Toyota in North America and Canada, doesn't mean the same should apply to Nigeria. Americans don't bust into cars to steal their ECU's in North America, Nigerians in Nigeria are ECU bandits. So the issue here is Nigerians, rather than Toyota.

@ Jayden: Seeing as this is your first car, and you're still learning to drive, (haven't passed your test) I would NOT splash out N1,8M on a car. I would be looking to spend N600,000 on a cheaper car (1996 Honda Civic, 1998 Toyota Corolla). No doubt your first car will suffer knocks and dings, so buying a mint (and expensive) first car doesn't make any sense. In 18 months or so, once you've mastered driving, the N1,2M saved would have at least accrued some interest, and you'll be able to purchase something better than you were planning originally.

Good luck.
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by chucky234(m): 3:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
smartchoice: Now ask yourself, why are you this rude?

And how is it your biz huh
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
typical.... undecided
chucky234: And how is it your biz huh
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
chucky234: And how is it your biz huh

It's his (and everyone else's) business, because we all use the resources here.

Sometimes it takes a bigger man to admit he was wrong, rather than become defensive, and make vain attempts to justify rudeness.
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
siena,in as much as they steal ECU as you claim doesnt mean prospective buyers shouldnt buy a corolla. every ride has its own problem if i may use the word.a civic is not even an option.go to edmunds to review a civic for you.
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
^^^Jeff, you're missing the point. Anyone has the right to give an opinion, that's what online forums are for. The original poster posed a question, different opinions were given.

No one is holding a gun to the OP's head. It's up to him / her to decide what he / she buys.

The issue here is being rude and abusive to get a point across - totally unacceptable.

2 Likes

Re: Yaris Or Corolla by baaliyah(m): 5:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
@justjeff,
if you mean 01 civic and above, I agree with u about issues. But 96 to 2000 civic are reliable, at less than 50% the price of this corolla. I love corolla and intend to buy one soon, but reluctant to drop my faithful 98 civic as a daily driver.
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
lomomike only expressed his own PERSONAL PREFERENCE ...which I believe is not a crime cool

justjeff: siena,in as much as they steal ECU as you claim doesnt mean prospective buyers shouldnt buy a corolla. every ride has its own problem if i may use the word.a civic is not even an option.go to edmunds to review a civic for you.
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by lonelydora: 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
how can u be comparing Corlla and Yaris? get a corolla and u will never regret it
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bro! Abeg get urself a 2003-2007 Corolla LE. There are millions of people outside Nairaland using this vehicle that have never complained. Few people complaining about the ECU on Nairaland, doesn't mean you'll complain when you get urs. I know of a man that uses the Corolla S version. His driver had an accident with that. Within few weeks he replaced it with a same make, a Corolla LE version. Go for it. That people havn't complained of a Yaris here, shows few Nairalander like "190" uses it. Meanwhile you are a guy, what should you be doing behind the wheels of yaris.
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by 190: 2:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bossforeva: Bro! Abeg get urself a 2003-2007 Corolla LE. There are millions of people outside Nairaland using this vehicle that have never complained. Few people complaining about the ECU on Nairaland, doesn't mean you'll complain when you get urs. I know of a man that uses the Corolla S version. His driver had an accident with that. Within few weeks he replaced it with a same make, a Corolla LE version. Go for it. That people havn't complained of a Yaris here, shows few Nairalander like "190" uses it. Meanwhile you are a guy, what should you be doing behind the wheels of yaris.

angry angry
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by Jaydenphoenix: 2:19am On Nov 06, 2013
Bossforeva: Bro! Abeg get urself a 2003-2007 Corolla LE. There are millions of people outside Nairaland using this vehicle that have never complained. Few people complaining about the ECU on Nairaland, doesn't mean you'll complain when you get urs. I know of a man that uses the Corolla S version. His driver had an accident with that. Within few weeks he replaced it with a same make, a Corolla LE version. Go for it. That people havn't complained of a Yaris here, shows few Nairalander like "190" uses it. Meanwhile you are a guy, what should you be doing behind the wheels of yaris.

I'm actually a lady....not a guy but thanks for your advice
Re: Yaris Or Corolla by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
Jayden.phoenix:

I'm actually a lady....not a guy but thanks for your advice
Then get a Yaris.

(1) (Reply)

Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming / Stolen Car At Shoprite With The Photo Of The Thief. / No More Joy In Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.