Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? (758 Views)

ve u ever been Ban On Nairaland ? / Have U Ever Googled Yourself. / Have U Ever Slapped A Female (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by jhydebaba(m): 10:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
It was a quiet evening in my sleeping area, the usual evening parol was going.
Suddenly, a woman was running half unclad, holding her head and wailing simultaneously. What happened Was on everybody's lips. Before u say Jack Robinson, people had gathered to know what happened.

She said her friend committed suicide just now shocked her friend was a popular business woman in the area, so what can prompt her to commit suicide Has she exhausted all options, I wondered aloud.

Later we had various version of the story that led to her suicidal mission.

Version 1

I was privileged to hear this from her because she needed a lawyer then (about 2 months ago).
She said her husband was in Kirikiri Maximum Prison for default in a hire purchase contract. She employed the service of a Lawyer and she came back to thank 'us' that they've released her husband.

When she committed suicide, we learnt that the man she was talking about was her manfriend and she needed to bail him out of prison because he was charged for manslaughter. The family of the person the manfriend killed demanded for 1.5million naira to settle out of court. The woman had to borrow the money using her house as collateral.

We further gathered that trouble started when the lender was troubling her for repayment.

Version 2

I heard this while I was just walking taking a stroll. I actually eavesdropped.

1st woman: she's got a court case tomorrow that's why she killed herself since she can't repay the loan.
2nd woman: how much is the money sef?
1st woman: it's 5 million naira oh!
2nd woman: may God save us.

How she committed suicide

She swallowed rat poison but someone was around her to give her palmoil which rendered the substance inactive. (I blamed the person that gave her palmoil because he/she should have placed the woman under surveillance or report to appropriate quarters). A day later, she tried knife on her neck again, after seeing that it'll be a slow and painful death, she hung herself (the ceiling fan option).

Since then, I've been thinking that what can make one contemplate suicide
For me, I'll rather face the music than die cowardly.
Over to u...
Re: Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by Danhumprey: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
Suicide is a coward act. It doesn't solve anything. I rather face the music boldly,no matter the shame,than commit suicide,which is even worst. What would you go and tell God? undecided
Re: Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by AbuMikey(m): 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2013

I actually contemplated suicide this past week,but life is just too sweet for you to commit suicide, difficult times may come,but the struggle and strife to live on makes you a Man and a better person you used to be before the suicide thoughts.

my 2 shillings

Re: Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
Suicide??datz d last tin i wud eva fink of doing,y sud i even tink of such an act?only cowards do dat,wen i fall i stand up again wif d hope dat tinz wud get beta,av only gat 1 lyf mehn!am gona live 2 d fullest inrespective of wat comes my way!!#team neva gv up!!!
Re: Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by Emmyk(m): 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
Anybody can contemplate suicide, just pray to God you wont fall into a situation that will suicide your only option, all these people shouting GOH FORBID, GOH FORBID, I CAN NEVER... cheesycheesy
Re: Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
Hmmmmmm
Re: Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by jhydebaba(m): 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
Idowuogbo: Hmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmm what I know say alomo and pepper soup sweet u die cheesy.

It reminds me of an inscription at Sabo bus-stop Lagos. It reads...

"use the pedestrian bridge always, Eba dey sweet"

The quote may nt be d exact but that's the message
Re: Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by CrazyMan(m): 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
Danhumprey: Suicide is a coward act.
I disagree.

Danhumprey: It doesn't solve anything.
No bro, it does solve something...it gives you eternal rest from whatever it was that made you commit the act.

Danhumprey: I rather face the music boldly,no matter the shame,than commit suicide,which is even worst.

Pray that circumstances shouldn't push you towards such thoughts.

Danhumprey: What would you go and tell God? undecided
You would tell him that the condition you found yourself before the act, being in the grave and constantly remembered by friends and family members was your best option...hence your action to terminate your life.

I'm sure he would understand...after all he saw all you were going through before you ended your life.
Re: Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
CrazyMan:
I disagree.

No bro, it does solve something...it gives you eternal rest from whatever it was that made you commit the act.

You would tell him that the condition you found yourself before the act, being in the grave and constantly remembered by friends and family members was your best option...hence your action to terminate your life.

I'm sure he would understand...after all he saw all you were going through before you ended your life.
are u 4 real?
Re: Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
CrazyMan:
I disagree.

Hmmmmmm
Re: Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by AbuMikey(m): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
Harbosede02: are u 4 real?

If he's not for real,then I'm very much real,

......just pray situations don make you contemplate suicide,and even it does, just pray satan does not push you to commit the act!!!

Speaking from Experience, I tell ya cool

Re: Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by Vivly(f): 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
CrazyMan:
I disagree.

Thank you so much for your answers. I'm sure most people who speak against suicide have not faced challenges devoid of hope.
Re: Why Will U Ever Contemplate Suicide? by CrazyMan(m): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
Harbosede02: are u 4 real?
Yes dear, I'm for real.

Idowuogbo:
Hmmmmmm
Sup dear...its been a while.

Why the humming sound? wink

Vivly: Thank you so much for your answers.
You're welcomed

Vivly: I'm sure most people who speak against suicide have not faced challenges devoid of hope.
I'm with you on this.

(1) (Reply)

Prophesies Of 2014 / 5 Ways To Deal With Being Made Fun Of By People / Watch Out For This User "Gentlegcom"/"AnnbabyHot" Hez Eida Gay Or A Scammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.