Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D (1409 Views)

God Saved Me And My Siblings From A Big Python In Port Harcourt. / Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? / Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Joshthefirst(m): 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
Actually, these are questions for everyone who believes the big bang was "the start of the general evolution of the universe" to answer.

What happened before the big bang? What led to the big bang? Where did the energy come from?

Do you believe the energy came from nothing? Which is a scientific impossibility?

You can say you don't know, but just speculate. Its all theory after all wink
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Kay17: 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
The Big Bang Theory is the forefront of human knowledge, it burst a bubble of questions, we only have more questions and questions. We ask questions even of ordinary meanings and try to redefine them. Such as time, space, beginning, nothing

We are faced with a proposition of vertical time, which blow our minds as to its conception. We ask questions about time travel, distances, even the human psyche, our observation bias, causality.

And above all the psychological demand for certainty.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Joshthefirst(m): 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
Kay 17: The Big Bang Theory is the forefront of human knowledge, it burst a bubble of questions, we only have more questions and questions. We ask questions even of ordinary meanings and try to redefine them. Such as time, space, beginning, nothing

We are faced with a proposition of vertical time, which blow our minds as to its conception. We ask questions about time travel, distances, even the human psyche, our observation bias, causality.

And above all the psychological demand for certainty.
question, questions, questions. I paticularly love the bolded statement.

The psychological demand for certainty.

Could it be that man has been shooting himself in the foot? Could it be that he's been asking the wrong questions in trying to decipher reality all this while? Could he have been looking from the wrong perspective? Could he be making the wrong conclusions time and again?

Is he in a never ending cycle to find the certainty of objective truth?

Are you focusing on the correct thing ma'am? Are you asking the wrong questions and blowing up basic conceptualism?

Could man have gotten the wrong idea? Could he be wanting "complex answers" as he sees the universe's complexity? Is the answer to the many questions quite simple?

What are you looking for?
What is man looking for?
Has man been distracted from basic reality because of his longing to understand infinite complexity?

1 Like

Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by PastorOluT(m): 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Joshthefirst: Actually, these are questions for everyone who believes the big bang was "the start of the general evolution of the universe" to answer.

What happened before the big bang? What led to the big bang? Where did the energy come from?

Do you believe the energy came from nothing? Which is a scientific impossibility?

You can say you don't know, but just speculate. Its all theory after all wink

Its all a lie, they all know the truth deep inside them. They are just looking for relevance, meaning n something that continue to indulge them and hide under the facade till they only believe, or rather hold on to their unbelief!

1 Like

Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Kay17: 6:40am On Nov 04, 2013
Joshthefirst: question, questions, questions. I paticularly love the bolded statement.

The psychological demand for certainty.

Could it be that man has been shooting himself in the foot? Could it be that he's been asking the wrong questions in trying to decipher reality all this while? Could he have been looking from the wrong perspective? Could he be making the wrong conclusions time and again?

Is he in a never ending cycle to find the certainty of objective truth?

Are you focusing on the correct thing ma'am? Are you asking the wrong questions and blowing up basic conceptualism?

Could man have gotten the wrong idea? Could he be wanting "complex answers" as he sees the universe's complexity? Is the answer to the many questions quite simple?

What are you looking for?
What is man looking for?
Has man been distracted from basic reality because of his longing to understand infinite complexity?

By travelling to the stars man seeks knowledge!

Can a question pertaining to knowledge be wrong? No
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Joshthefirst(m): 6:57am On Nov 04, 2013
Kay 17:

By travelling to the stars man seeks knowledge!

Can a question pertaining to knowledge be wrong? No
does man seek knowledge in the wrong place? Does He not misunderstand his problem?

Is the problem not basic? Man tries to deny and ignore and justify this problem, this disease that intertwines itself in his life.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Kay17: 7:07am On Nov 04, 2013
Joshthefirst: does man seek knowledge in the wrong place? Does He not misunderstand his problem?

Is the problem not basic? Man tries to deny and ignore and justify this problem, this disease that intertwines itself in his life.

How would he know that, if he is probing about in the dark.

Wouldn't more questions promise more answers?

What disease? Curiousity?!
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Joshthefirst(m): 7:22am On Nov 04, 2013
Kay 17:

How would he know that, if he is probing about in the dark.

Wouldn't more questions promise more answers?

What disease? Curiousity?!
no ma'am.
The disease is sin. Man in this day and age chooses to ignore this disease that has sunk into his very nature. He chooses to ignore this disease that has ravaged the world with suffering and grief. He refuses to acknowledge or even treat this basic problem in this so called modern age, and he prefers to waste much of his resources tackling the symptoms. He calls those who recognize this problem and look for a solution foolish and unenlightened.

I do not debunk curiosity, but let man be curious about the right things.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 04, 2013
Joshthefirst: no ma'am.
The disease is sin. Man in this day and age chooses to ignore this disease that has sunk into his very nature. He chooses to ignore this disease that has ravaged the world with suffering and grief.

God: Exodus 20:13
13 “You shall not murder.

1 Samuel 15
18 Now the Lord sent you on a mission, and said, ‘Go, and utterly destroy the sinners, the Amalekites, and fight against them until they are consumed.’ 19 Why then did you not obey the voice of the Lord? Why did you swoop down on the spoil, and do evil in the sight of the Lord?”

1 Samuel 15
26 But Samuel said to Saul, “I will not return with you, for you have rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord has rejected you from being king over Israel.” 27 And as Samuel turned around to go away, Saul seized the edge of his robe, and it tore. 28 So Samuel said to him, “The Lord has torn the kingdom of Israel from you today, and has given it to a neighbor of yours, who is better than you. 29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor relent. For He is not a man, that He should relent.” 30 Then he said, “I have sinned; yet honor me now, please, before the elders of my people and before Israel, and return with me, that I may worship the Lord your God.” 31 So Samuel turned back after Saul, and Saul worshiped the Lord.
32 Then Samuel said, “Bring Agag king of the Amalekites here to me.” So Agag came to him cautiously. And Agag said, “Surely the bitterness of death is past.” 33 But Samuel said, “As your sword has made women childless, so shall your mother be childless among women.” And Samuel hacked Agag in pieces before the Lord in Gilgal.

Summary: Saul spares a man's life and is rejected by God. To make amends, Saul ends up killing King Agag. He is forever rejected by God and God sends evil spirits to torment him.

Then another example.
2 Samuel 11
2 One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, 3 and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite.”
4 Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (Now she was purifying herself from her monthly uncleanness.) Then she went back home. 5 The woman conceived and sent word to David, saying, “I am pregnant.”
14 In the morning David wrote a letter to Joab and sent it with Uriah. 15 In it he wrote, “Put Uriah out in front where the fighting is fiercest. Then withdraw from him so he will be struck down and die.”
16 So while Joab had the city under siege, he put Uriah at a place where he knew the strongest defenders were. 17 When the men of the city came out and fought against Joab, some of the men in David’s army fell; moreover, Uriah the Hittite died.

2 Samuel 12
5 After Nathan had gone home, the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife had borne to David, and he became ill. 16 David pleaded with God for the child. He fasted and spent the nights lying in sackcloth[b] on the ground. 17 The elders of his household stood beside him to get him up from the ground, but he refused, and he would not eat any food with them.
18 On the seventh day the child died. David’s attendants were afraid to tell him that the child was dead, for they thought, “While the child was still living, he wouldn’t listen to us when we spoke to him. How can we now tell him the child is dead? He may do something desperate.”
19 David noticed that his attendants were whispering among themselves, and he realized the child was dead. “Is the child dead?” he asked.
“Yes,” they replied, “he is dead.”

Summary: David sins, the child gets killed.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Kay17: 8:57am On Nov 04, 2013
Joshthefirst: no ma'am.
The disease is sin. Man in this day and age chooses to ignore this disease that has sunk into his very nature. He chooses to ignore this disease that has ravaged the world with suffering and grief. He refuses to acknowledge or even treat this basic problem in this so called modern age, and he prefers to waste much of his resources tackling the symptoms. He calls those who recognize this problem and look for a solution foolish and unenlightened.

I do not debunk curiosity, but let man be curious about the right things.

What has sin and knowledge/Big Ban.g got to do with sins?! You seem to derail your own thread.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Joshthefirst(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2013
Kay 17:

What has sin and knowledge/Big Ban.g got to do with sins?! You seem to derail your own thread.
aren't you following the conversation we were having?
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2013
Joshthefirst: aren't you following the conversation we were having?
umm, you were the one who started ranting about sin.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:09am On Nov 04, 2013
what is sin?
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Joshthefirst(m): 9:10am On Nov 04, 2013
aManFromMars:

1 Samuel 15
18 Now the Lord sent you on a mission, and said, ‘Go, and utterly destroy the sinners, the Amalekites, and fight against them until they are consumed.’ 19 Why then did you not obey the voice of the Lord? Why did you swoop down on the spoil, and do evil in the sight of the Lord?”

1 Samuel 15
26 But Samuel said to Saul, “I will not return with you, for you have rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord has rejected you from being king over Israel.” 27 And as Samuel turned around to go away, Saul seized the edge of his robe, and it tore. 28 So Samuel said to him, “The Lord has torn the kingdom of Israel from you today, and has given it to a neighbor of yours, who is better than you. 29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor relent. For He is not a man, that He should relent.” 30 Then he said, “I have sinned; yet honor me now, please, before the elders of my people and before Israel, and return with me, that I may worship the Lord your God.” 31 So Samuel turned back after Saul, and Saul worshiped the Lord.
32 Then Samuel said, “Bring Agag king of the Amalekites here to me.” So Agag came to him cautiously. And Agag said, “Surely the bitterness of death is past.” 33 But Samuel said, “As your sword has made women childless, so shall your mother be childless among women.” And Samuel hacked Agag in pieces before the Lord in Gilgal.

Summary: Saul spares a man's life and is rejected by God. To make amends, Saul ends up killing King Agag. He is forever rejected by God and God sends evil spirits to torment him.

Then another example.
2 Samuel 11
2 One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, 3 and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite.”
4 Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (Now she was purifying herself from her monthly uncleanness.) Then she went back home. 5 The woman conceived and sent word to David, saying, “I am pregnant.”
14 In the morning David wrote a letter to Joab and sent it with Uriah. 15 In it he wrote, “Put Uriah out in front where the fighting is fiercest. Then withdraw from him so he will be struck down and die.”
16 So while Joab had the city under siege, he put Uriah at a place where he knew the strongest defenders were. 17 When the men of the city came out and fought against Joab, some of the men in David’s army fell; moreover, Uriah the Hittite died.

2 Samuel 12
5 After Nathan had gone home, the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife had borne to David, and he became ill. 16 David pleaded with God for the child. He fasted and spent the nights lying in sackcloth[b] on the ground. 17 The elders of his household stood beside him to get him up from the ground, but he refused, and he would not eat any food with them.
18 On the seventh day the child died. David’s attendants were afraid to tell him that the child was dead, for they thought, “While the child was still living, he wouldn’t listen to us when we spoke to him. How can we now tell him the child is dead? He may do something desperate.”
19 David noticed that his attendants were whispering among themselves, and he realized the child was dead. “Is the child dead?” he asked.
“Yes,” they replied, “he is dead.”

Summary: David sins, the child gets killed.
samuel killed king agag actually.
God rejected saul as king of israel

Can you answer the questions posed at the opening of the thread? What do you think? What are your speculations?
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Joshthefirst(m): 9:29am On Nov 04, 2013
aManFromMars:
umm, you were the one who started ranting about sin.
she(or he) asked me a question and I answered. She asked me what the disease was and I answered. Or do you want me to start mincing words? Or be ashamed and hide?
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Joshthefirst(m): 9:30am On Nov 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: what is sin?
please answer the question posed at the beginning of the thread.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Kay17: 9:33am On Nov 04, 2013
Sin has nothing to do in this thread, we were discussing the nature of knowledge, and you seem to believe the big ban.g theory is entirely false
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Joshthefirst(m): 9:45am On Nov 04, 2013
Kay 17: Sin has nothing to do in this thread, we were discussing the nature of knowledge, and you seem to believe the big ban.g theory is entirely false
my thoughts on the big ban.g are irrelevant sir. The thread asked about your thoughts on how the big bang came about. Where did the energy come from.

It was as we were discussing the nature of knowledge and mans tackling of the universe's complexity that sin came up sir.

I was only giving my opinion of what mans problem really is.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Kay17: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2013
Ok what does sin have to do with our knowledge.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Freksy(m): 10:16am On Nov 04, 2013
Joshthefirst: my thoughts on the big ban.g are irrelevant sir. The thread asked about your thoughts on how the big bang came about. Where did the energy come from.

It was as we were discussing the nature of knowledge and mans tackling of the universe's complexity that sin came up sir.

I was only giving my opinion of what mans problem really is.

Timely reiteration!
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:24am On Nov 04, 2013
doG did it.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: doG did it.
Please don't derail. We are learning here.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2013
Reyginus: Please don't derail. We are learning here.

Really? What are you learning?
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Really? What are you learning?
I don't think it matters to you. Your only concern is to derail this thread by going the ridiculous line.
Pay attention to Kay, you will learn one or two things on how to argue without throwing cheap shots.

1 Like

Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:44am On Nov 04, 2013
Reyginus: I don't think it matters to you. Your only concern is to derail this thread by going the ridiculous line.
Pay attention to Kay, you will learn one or two things on how to argue without throwing cheap shots.

So you don't believe almighty doG did it?
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Joshthefirst(m): 10:45am On Nov 04, 2013
Kay 17: Ok what does sin have to do with our knowledge.
I've been asking the same question. What is man looking for with his knowledge?
What has it got to do with his basic problems and needs like sin and suffering? Or does sin and suffering not demand our attention?
How does knowledge of the complex universe deal with the first basic problem we all have?

What is the basis of mans curiosity for knowledge of who knows what?
What is man truly looking for? What is he truly seeking to understand?
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:48am On Nov 04, 2013
You guys can say anything you want, but I know in my heart that the doG I worship is a great doG. His mysteries are too great for you insignificant creatures to understand. He blew the universe out of his breath and will one day swallow it back. You can call it big bang or energy or whatever, but His scrolls already have all the answers. Science is just trying to catch up.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

So you don't believe almighty doG did it?
I don't think that is what the thread seeks to address. Learn to always stay on course.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 04, 2013
Reyginus: Please don't derail. We are learning here.
Learning what? How to build an argument for God based on the ignorance of man?

Neither you nor the OP's here to learn.

"What happened before [/b]the big bang? What [b]led [/b]to the big bang? Where [b]did the energy come from?"
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2013
aManFromMars:
Learning what? How to build an argument for God based on the ignorance of man?

Neither you nor the OP's here to learn.

"What happened before [/b]the big bang? What [b]led [/b]to the big bang? Where [b]did the energy come from?"

Okay. I hear you.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:54am On Nov 04, 2013
Reyginus: I don't think that is what the thread seeks to address. Learn to always stay on course.

So maybe the thread should be moved to science section then.
Re: What Happened? A Big Bang? ;D by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 04, 2013
Joshthefirst:
I've been asking the same question. What is man looking for with his knowledge?
What has it got to do with his basic problems and needs like sin and suffering? Or does sin and suffering not demand our attention?

I guess these are the real questions you intended to ask.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? / Something You Never Thought About: Adam And Eve Had No Belly Buttons! / Preconditions For Heaven Volume 1 [section D]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.