Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known (2383 Views)

10 More Popular Bible 'verses' That Aren't Actually In The Bible / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 12:20am On Nov 13, 2013
macof:

Good for u to claim the bold. The Bible is a whole load of fairy tale
Guess you miss the part about been ACCUSED OF . Meaning the next time an unbeliever accuses a xtian of believing in fairy tales and sky daddy, I'll just smile to my self knowing we're not the only ones who do.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:28am On Nov 13, 2013
noblefada:
Again a result of ignorance of scriptures, were expecting people to go to classes or session taught by the Holy Ghost? ?

What is the meaning of Holy spirit interpretation?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 8:54am On Nov 13, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

What is the meaning of Holy spirit interpretation?
The coming of the Holy Spirit was to give man a full revelation and understanding of God and Christ, men through the inspiration of the HS were to understand the will of God of which a major part of it was salvation to all men through Grace aside from works, but the early apostles could not shake off the ordinances of the law quick enough to fulfil the will of Christ, hence Paul was chosen. Read the book of Ephesians and you will understand what I'm saying. Now pls remember all believers has access to the same HS, the only difference is how much you are willing to yield to the promptings of the Spirit.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:17am On Nov 13, 2013
noblefada:
The coming of the Holy Spirit was to give man a full revelation and understanding of God and Christ, men through the inspiration of the HS were to understand the will of God of which a major part of it was salvation to all men through Grace aside from works, but the early apostles could not shake off the ordinances of the law quick enough to fulfil the will of Christ, hence Paul was chosen. Read the book of Ephesians and you will understand what I'm saying. Now pls remember all believers has access to the same HS, the only difference is how much you are willing to yield to the promptings of the Spirit.

And how is the verse you quoted relating to paul and not holy spirit? Why are you contradicting yourself?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 10:32am On Nov 13, 2013
noblefada:
Guess you miss the part about been ACCUSED OF . Meaning the next time an unbeliever accuses a xtian of believing in fairy tales and sky daddy, I'll just smile to my self knowing we're not the only ones who do.

Guy u seem not to understand ur religion sad
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 10:34am On Nov 13, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

And how is the verse you quoted relating to paul and not holy spirit? Why are you contradicting yourself?
The guy reads his bible but the Holy spirit is too useless and impotent to make him understand anything. thats wat u get for letting an unseen spirit think for u
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
macof: The guy reads his bible but the Holy spirit is too useless and impotent to make him understand anything. thats wat u get for letting an unseen spirit think for u

being waiting for him to prove to me the comforter jesus referred to is paul and not holy spirit. I am thinking he ran away just like truthislight
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
This is serious shocked

Christians running away, wat happened to the holy spirit movements?

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 8:32am On Dec 09, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

being waiting for him to prove to me the comforter jesus referred to is paul and not holy spirit. I am thinking he ran away just like truthislight

Bros, i dey hail o!

Can i do anything here that will make sense to you considering your motives ?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:20am On Dec 09, 2013
truthislight:

Bros, i dey hail o!

Can i do anything here that will make sense to you considering your motives ?

like your name implies, truth is light. When there is light, I cant call it darkness unless I have eye problem. If there is anything you want to say, do it....since i can reason, I will know if it make sense or not
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 11:45am On Dec 09, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

like your name implies, truth is light. When there is light, I cant call it darkness unless I have eye problem. If there is anything you want to say, do it....since i can reason, I will know if it make sense or not

I showed to you somewhere the calculation that shows the time that the messaiah will appear, instead of looking at it and asking pertinent questions, you went awooo.

How else can i take your effort to be a sincere one ?

I can easily take it you have a purpose for beeing here. No ?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
truthislight:

I showed to you somewhere the calculation that shows the time that the messaiah will appear, instead of looking at it and asking pertinent questions, you went awooo.

How else can i take your effort to be a sincere one ?

I can easily take it you have a purpose for beeing here. No ?

Even if he has a purpose, can't u prove ur beliefs are authentic truth
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On Mar 03
truthislight:
■ I take this to mean that you are saying that Yahweh never meant to reach out to gentiles. If so, then read the paasage below.
(Isaiah 49:6).
"And he said, It is a light thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: 'I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth." (Isaiah 49:6).
Paul quoted the those scriptures while preaching to gentiles:
(Acts 13:47).
"For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that you should be for a salvation unto the ends of the earth." (Acts 13:47).
One thing i give to you is that christianity was corrupted by constantine and his clique, but that has not changed the plans of Yahweh. Again, paul was baptised by Ananias, check your facts well.
The gentiles referenced in the writings of Isaiah and then that of Paul are Israelites. During Isaiah's time, God's nation of Israel which existed at the time was ordered destroyed by God of Israel around 720 -700BC. He cursed and scattered His people among the other nations, and as such they became gentiles. Isaiah announced that the same God who scattered them would gather them all back eventually. undecided

So, almost 800 years later when Paul announced that Jesus Christ sent him, a Jew of the Nation of Judea, to the Gentiles, Paul meant his long-lost brothers who like him were also Israelites. Just as Jesus Christ sent the others out into the world that comprised only the Lost sheep of Israel, he too Paul had the same assignment handed him by Jesus Christ. All apostles were sent out by Jesus Christ to reach out to all those scattered from the Nation of Israel as well as the Jews of the Nation of Judah—cursed and scattered in that same generation that was Paul by God of Israel. undecided

So, Paul's statement regarding the Gentiles was no call to those whom Jesus Christ said were dogs — Jesus Christ warned against handing the Gospel(that which is holy) to the dogs. Paul did not violate Jesus Christ in that at all. That the Christians decided through their special interpretation magic to suggest that Paul, against Jesus Christ, turned around to hand that which is Holy to the dogs, is a problem created by the Christians and not a mistake made by Paul at all. undecided

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Mar 04
macof:
■ to the bold- am so sorry I totally forgot that.
now to the rest-
1. The other nations dont need Yahweh, they have their own God.
2. The jews are the worst racist and tribalist in history, Nothing they do is ever meant for non-jews
3. The only the reason why Christianity is a world wide practiced religion unlike judaism is beacuse of Paul's mentality wasnt like the other jews
4. Christianity was only accepted by constatine due to its political advantage.
5. Before christianity got to roman hears, it was not a separate religion. it was only a clique for the devote apostles of yeshua.
6. The jews never preached about salvation of sin in the way christianity does. salvation and forgiveness in Judaism is achieved through confession, prayer, offering and repentance.
7. The jewish spirituality is superior to others, I dont see why non-jews should subscribe to jewish laws
Paul had nothing to do with Christianity. The Gentiles spoken of by Paul were in fact of Israelite descent, like Timothy, Paul's friend. Jesus Christ did proclaim that He was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel and this included all the Israelite tribes who lost their Nation when God of Israel used the Assyrian army to destroy the then Nation of Israel around 720BC. The majority of the people were scattered across many nations and had since that time intermarried with foreigners, much like Timothy's own mother had. They were the gentiles that Paul referred to in his letters. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.:: Christ Embassy Chatbox ::. For BLW Members ONLY / Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell / Worship With Pastor Chris At Christ Embassy Online Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.