Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,983 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known (2384 Views)

10 More Popular Bible 'verses' That Aren't Actually In The Bible / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
noblefada:
Pls stop confusing yourself, if you're ignorant about something ask and it will be properly explained to you. If you're not trying to distort facts, why not quote Mat 28:18-20 NET18 Then Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” or Acts 1:8-9.

so those I quote were not relevant huh? I debunked those verses you listed....read it again
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

so those I quote were not relevant huh? I debunked those verses you listed....read it again
Let me educate you a bit, Salvation originated from the Jews, the were the people God choose for this purpose, hence they were custodians for the history and prophecies. Thats why you read salvation first to the Jew and then to the gentile. So when Christ came he wanted to first of all prepare the Jews because they had an history and knew that Christ was coming, so he concentrated on them, trying to prepare them for what was coming, which of course was the main thing. But when he died and rose again he then defeated the devil and won salvation for all men and consequently gave the commandments in Matt 28 & Acts 1. Paul did the same thing when he went on his missionary journeys, he went to Jews first before going to the gentiles. The reason for your error is that your don't understand the dispensations that the bible was written in and by the way I'm still expecting prove of your earlier assertion that Jesus and Paul taught different things.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
noblefada:
Let me educate you a bit, Salvation originated from the Jews, the were the people God choose for this purpose, hence they were custodians for the history and prophecies. Thats why you read salvation first to the Jew and then to the gentile. So when Christ came he wanted to first of all prepare the Jews because they had an history and knew that Christ was coming, so he concentrated on them, trying to prepare them for what was coming, which of course was the main thing. But when he died and rose again he then defeated the devil and won salvation for all men and consequently gave the commandments in Matt 28 & Acts 1. Paul did the same thing when he went on his missionary journeys, he went to Jews first before going to the gentiles. The reason for your error is that your don't understand the dispensations that the bible was written in and by the way I'm still expecting prove of your earlier assertion that Jesus and Paul taught different things.

Jesus said he came for Jew ONLY. Or is paul now your saviour? Pls come out clean
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Jesus said he came for Jew ONLY. Or is paul now your saviour? Pls come out clean

from this thread i could not help but state the obviouse :

you are set for dogmatism for obviouse reasons.

Go ahead and feed whatever it is you are feeding.

Peace.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
truthislight:

from this thread i could not help but state the obviouse :

you are set for dogmatism for obviouse reasons.

Go ahead and feed whatever it is you are feeding.

Peace.

lol. Escapism 101

I asked a simple and you are here dancing around. What happen to 1 peter 3:15? Smh.

The prophesy didn't point to Jesus but a military ruler. I just cant help but laugh at your esigesis. Good job cheers
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 9:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol. Escapism 101

I asked a simple and you are here dancing around. What happen to 1 peter 3:15? Smh.

The prophesy didn't point to Jesus but a military ruler. I just cant help but laugh at your esigesis. Good job cheers
1Pe 3:15 KJV But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
So what prophecy are u talking about and how many prophecy about Christ do u know.
And I can see u clearly dodged the earlier issues I raised. Pls if you don't have evidence of how Paul's teaching was different from that of Jesus, kindly retract your earlier statement and stop confusing people. Thanks
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
Truth and noble, if you wanna know noble truth about Jesus, ask a Jew.
I have a Jewish friend who has feed me enough he knows about Jesus, remember Jesus was a Jew, only a Jew can tell u things that the Bible couldn't tell u.

It seems u wouldn't believe me, even if I post articles and links for u. So get the information urself, travel to Israel on pilgrimage, use the opportunity to make friends with an Hebrew Jew(a Jew practicing judaism; their national religion)

Why should u continue living a lie created by the Romans? Wisdom and knowledge is the right of all humans, now acquire it.

However, if u wish for us to continue this debate I am in
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
macof: Truth and noble, if you wanna know noble truth about Jesus, ask a Jew.
I have a Jewish friend who has feed me enough he knows about Jesus,
remember Jesus was a Jew, only a Jew can tell u things that the Bible couldn't tell u.

It seems u wouldn't believe me, even if I post articles and links for u. So get the information urself, travel to Israel on pilgrimage, use the opportunity to make friends with an Hebrew Jew(a Jew practicing judaism; their national religion)

Why should u continue living a lie created by the Romans? Wisdom and knowledge is the right of all humans, now acquire it.

However, if u wish for us to continue this debate I am in

No community enjoys listing in its historical archives the wars they have lost.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
noblefada:
1Pe 3:15 KJV But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
So what prophecy are u talking about and how many prophecy about Christ do u know.
And I can see u clearly dodged the earlier issues I raised. Pls if you don't have evidence of how Paul's teaching was different from that of Jesus, kindly retract your earlier statement and stop confusing people. Thanks

Lol I dont like exposing baby christian like you. You should have allow your alpha man do that. And since you might take this as defeat, let me silent you.

Here are clear differences between Paul teaching and Jesus teaching.

- Paul says in:
Roman 14:9
For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Jesus says:
Luke 20:38
Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living;

- Paul says in I Corinthians 15:31
I protest, brethren, by my pride in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day!

Jesus says:
John 11:26
and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die.

- Paul said in 1 Cor 4:15
For though you have countless leaders in Christ . . ..

Jesus says:
Matthew 23:10
Neither be called leaders, for you have one leader, the Christ.

Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, while Paul says they will not enter heaven. Jesus never said anything sexist against women, in fact he helped a prostitute from being stoned -- yet Paul was a sexist what he said in 1 Timothy 2:11.

Something I forgot to add. In this verse, Jesus said;
Matt.24:23-26. "At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christ´s and false prophets will appear and perform great SIGNS and MIRACLES to deceive even the elect - if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time." So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,'

While Paul:
2 Cor 12:12. When I was with you, I certainly gave you every proof that I am truly an apostle, sent to you by God himself. For I patiently did many SIGNS and wonders and MIRACLES among you.

Why won't Christians see this?

Paul is an obvious fraud.

If you call yourself a Christian, it seems that you should be following the teachings of Jesus, not Paul's fantasies about Jesus..... This is a #KOO

Did I tell you I have any prophecy about Jesus? Truthislight was lying and building great esigesis as truth. Is that what you want me to believe? More so, the prophecy he was quoting are pointing to military saviour and not Jesus. He quote where Jesus was a prince and Jesus wasn't a prince. Even the king name of his quote was contradicting the King of the time jesus was born.....meaning he is painting lie as truth.

And lastly you christian belief Jesus was the saviour and not paul. And I think I nailed paul with pure evidence from the bible. Can you quote where Jesus said he came to save the whole earth?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
truthislight:

No community enjoys listing in its historical archives the wars they have lost.

And you cant deal with whats directed at you?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Lol I dont like exposing baby christian like you. You should have allow your alpha man do that. And since you might take this as defeat, let me silent you.

Here are clear differences between Paul teaching and Jesus teaching.

- Paul says in:
Roman 14:9
For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Jesus says:
Luke 20:38
Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living;

- Paul says in I Corinthians 15:31
I protest, brethren, by my pride in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day!

Jesus says:
John 11:26
and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die.

- Paul said in 1 Cor 4:15
For though you have countless leaders in Christ . . ..

Jesus says:
Matthew 23:10
Neither be called leaders, for you have one leader, the Christ.

Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, while Paul says they will not enter heaven. Jesus never said anything sexist against women, in fact he helped a prostitute from being stoned -- yet Paul was a sexist what he said in 1 Timothy 2:11.

Something I forgot to add. In this verse, Jesus said;
Matt.24:23-26. "At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christ´s and false prophets will appear and perform great SIGNS and MIRACLES to deceive even the elect - if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time." So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,'

While Paul:
2 Cor 12:12. When I was with you, I certainly gave you every proof that I am truly an apostle, sent to you by God himself. For I patiently did many SIGNS and wonders and MIRACLES among you.

Why won't Christians see this?

Paul is an obvious fraud.

If you call yourself a Christian, it seems that you should be following the teachings of Jesus, not Paul's fantasies about Jesus..... This is a #KOO

Did I tell you I have any prophecy about Jesus? Truthislight was lying and building great esigesis as truth. Is that what you want me to believe? More so, the prophecy he was quoting are pointing to military saviour and not Jesus. He quote where Jesus was a prince and Jesus wasn't a prince. Even the king name of his quote was contradicting the King of the time jesus was born.....meaning he is painting lie as truth.

And lastly you christian belief Jesus was the saviour and not paul. And I think I nailed paul with pure evidence from the bible. Can you quote where Jesus said he came to save the whole earth?
Honestly I won't waste my time any more, if what your wrote above is your prove then I am totally disappointed.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
noblefada:
Honestly I won't waste my time any more, if what your wrote above is your prove then I am totally disappointed.

You got nothing to offer again. Lmao.... I don die.

Bring another thing apart from Paul. Jesus was the so-called messiah not paul. Lets hear from him. I killed paul over and over again. And you cant dash me praise? Ma do like lizard, if you dont praise me, I praise myself. Lol.

Just tell us you running away cuz truth is scary and I wont hold you back. Or else, refute my argument if you got better thang to offer.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 6:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Bring another thing apart from Paul. Jesus was the so-called messiah not paul. Lets hear from him. I killed paul over and over again. And you cant dash me praise? Ma do like lizard, if you dont praise me, I praise myself. Lol.

Just tell us you running away cuz truth is scary and I wont hold you back. Or else, refute my argument if you got better thang to offer.
As I said earlier, those ur post are too unintelligent to warrant a response from me, believe when I say ur post is mainly due to ur very limit knowledge of scriptures. But let me tell you this, no other Apostle wrote and reference Jesus Christ as much as apostle Paul did, in fact there is a trademark for Paul writtings that is absent in the book of Hebrews that is courting controversy about who author it, if you don't know google it and then come back let's continue.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
noblefada:
As I said earlier, those ur post are too unintelligent to warrant a response from me, believe when I say ur post is mainly due to ur very limit knowledge of scriptures. But let me tell you this, no other Apostle wrote and reference Jesus Christ as much as apostle Paul did, in fact there is a trademark for Paul writtings that is absent in the book of Hebrews that is courting controversy about who author it, if you don't know google it and then come back let's continue.

lol....good good.

Show us what paul said that correlate with what Jesus said. I have shown you five contradictions that heavily corrupt Jesus teaching. I have shown you jesus prophecy charging you to stop following false teacher who deceive you with signs and wonders yet paul claimed to convince his people with signs and wonders. And you said I am unintelligent? Irony. Lol.

Show us in Jesus teaching that said Jesus died for whole human on earth. How is that hard for you?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
Noble fada why back out of this challenge?

Foly seems ready for u
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by khattab02: 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Lol.. All these guys eh!
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol....good good.

Show us what paul said that correlate with what Jesus said. I have shown you five contradictions that heavily corrupt Jesus teaching. I have shown you jesus prophecy charging you to stop following false teacher who deceive you with signs and wonders yet paul claimed to convince his people with signs and wonders. And you said I am unintelligent? Irony. Lol.

Show us in Jesus teaching that said Jesus died for whole human on earth. How is that hard for you?

You called that contradictions you guys are very funny. No matter how much amusing this is, it's still a waste of my time. Listen the signature for the Pauline epistles was is usage of words like " in him, by him, through whom, etc. Those phrases were absent in the book of Hebrews, which may made many scholars doubt if Paul wrote the book, and this is the same person you said taught contradictory to Christ? you can see why I'm laughing and smh. As for Jesus never died for everyone the must popular bible verse clarifies that or you want to tell me you don't know John 3:16. You guys should stop wasting my time
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:55am On Nov 12, 2013
noblefada:
You called that contradictions you guys are very funny. No matter how much amusing this is, it's still a waste of my time. Listen the signature for the Pauline epistles was is usage of words like " in him, by him, through whom, etc. Those phrases were absent in the book of Hebrews, which may made many scholars doubt if Paul wrote the book, and this is the same person you said taught contradictory to Christ? you can see why I'm laughing and smh. As for Jesus never died for everyone the must popular bible verse clarifies that or you want to tell me you don't know John 3:16. You guys should stop wasting my time

I just cant help up laugh bro. I understand you read bible out of context with critical analysing and understanding of each word. Lets take a look at john 3:16

John 3:16
King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

^^^^the bold is the exact place your confusion lie. But to get this straight, you need to understand world in that context.

Lets deal with this: According to Dictionary.com, 'world' is defined as :

7 a: a division or generation of the inhabitants of the earth distinguished by living together at the same place or at the same time <the medieval world>
b: a distinctive class of persons or their sphere of interest or activity <the academic world> <the digital world>

8: human society <withdraw from the world>

9: a part or section of the earth that is a separate independent unit

From the dictionary, we need to understand that 'world' do not necessarily mean whole earth. From the definition, World could mean distinctive part, group of people, a separate society or native....example, From the world he came from, cows are sacred....in that context, world is not whole earth but a society with distinctive culture and patterns.....from the statement, world is india. Same thing apply to John 3:16 to Jew and not whole earth. This is finalize with John 1:11 - He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Question: So who was this world officially that God so loved?

Isaiah 45:17 - But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

from the above Scripture, it didn't say the whole world shall be saved, it said Israel shall be saved, and shall not be ashamed nor confounded world, world, world, without end. World in that context is Israel. Same thing apply to John 3:16 as World in it mean Israel and not whole planet earth.

Backing up points : Psalm 111:9 - He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

FYI: Because scripture says God only sent redemption unto his people, and Christ said in Matthew 15:24 - But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. So God sent his son into the world to save his people, so that they may have life and not die in their sins, so whosoever of Israel shall believe on Christ, shall live and not die, just as in Numbers 21:8 when the children of Israel had sinned, to forgive them of their sins, the Most High told Moses to lift up the serpent and set it upon a pole, so that everyone that is bitten, when they look upon it, they shall live. This is why - John 3:14 said - And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: Because Christ came to save his people and reunite them back with the Most High, so as an atonement for their sins, he had to be lifted up on pole, not a cross, so that Israel could be saved.

Matthew 1:21 - And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

FYI: Where in the scripture did it say God so loved the whole world that he sent his son to save it? Nowhere, Psalm 111:9 said he sent redemption unto his people, which Christ is the bearer of salvation, so therefore the angel told Mary she shall bring forth a son, for he shall save his people. Nothing about the world, so now you know you have been deceived Christ didn't come to save the world, he came to save Israel, they didn't put Israel in the scripture because they wanted the world to believe God chose everybody, instead of a certain people because they were jealous God chose Israel and not them.

So from John 3:16, world in that context is Jew or Israel. You still cant show me anywhere Jesus said whole earth.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Guy, you funny die. grin
Keep on feeding whatever you are feeding men cool
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
@ folykaze Ok since you're very good at explaining, kindly explain the following scriptures:
1. From the John 3:16, you forgot the " whosoever believe"
2. Who are the all men referred here Joh 12:32 KJV And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
3. Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
4. Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
5. 1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
6. 1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
7. Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
8. Mat 28:18-19 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
9. Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
There are still a few more but kindly start with this ones
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
noblefada: @ folykaze Ok since you're very good at explaining, kindly explain the following scriptures:

Hey bro, you are asking too much of me. I took thousands of letter before I can round up on just a context in john 3:16 and now you are bombarding me with many verses. Anyway let me answer you to the best I can.

noblefada: 1. From the John 3:16, you forgot the " whosoever believe"

Whosoever in that context qualifies 'world' which is distinctive race...jew/israel.

noblefada: 2. Who are the all men referred here Joh 12:32 KJV And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

And where did you get from fact that all men mean whole human? Men can mean man (pluralize), group of people or nation.

So if you enter a lecture hall and ask all men to follow you, it mean all the men in school or in that specific class? How about if you reading a novel and you come across a clause like 'kill all the men' should mean all male in the earth or specific people? What if the soldiers killing and the commander were men, they should kill themselves too huh?

Lifting in that verse also is refering to when moses lifted a copper snake in the wilderness. And who were those that sight the serpent? Pls were chinese, Yoruba or fijian among the Israelites in the wilderness?

noblefada: 3. Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

Already answered on men.

noblefada: 4. Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Men query sealed.

noblefada: 5. 1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

I will deal with this cause john was the author and not the corrupter paul.

To answer you here bro....we shall employ the lost sheep and the good shepherd parable here.

Pls read John 10:11-18 and luke 15:4-5 cuz I cant paste it here due to space. I am on mobile

From the above verses, note some terms in the parable and there meaning.

Sheep = Israel.

One fold of sheep is here and there is another = There are twelve tribes of Israel but ten were lost after the babylon captivity. So the fold of sheep here is the two tribes still remaining while the other fold are the lost ten.

Shepherd = Jesus.

Wolf = Babylon.

Wilderness = whole earth.

Now lets build the puzzle. When the hired shepherd was feeding his flocks, the wolf came and the flocks scattered into the wilderness. But the good shepherd leave the fold of the sheep and go searching for those lost in the wilderness. Now we need to understand that there are many animal in that same wilderness (world). We have goat, dog, cat, tiger, lion, buffalo, chicken, eagles, antelope and many thousands of animal but the good shepherd picked only his lost sheep. He didn't include dogs, tigers, chickens or elephants.

So Jesus sent his disciples to go and gather the lost sheep (ten tribes of Israel) not elephants, eagles, snakes or tigers. In the wilderness (whole world), shepherd is concerned about lost sheep like he said in matt 15:24 and urge his disciples to go for sheep ignoring dogs, and other animals matt 10-5-6.

noblefada: 6. 1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Paul is a false teacher. We have deal with that. And are you a greek?

noblefada: 7. Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

The corrupter of the word of jesus again. You aint a greek.

noblefada: 8. Mat 28:18-19 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew chapter 24-28 was a forgery work copied from the last verses in the gospel of mark. The book of mark was the oldest gospel and the written first. Many years later, other gospel writter copied from it but Mark 16:12-20 was added by the church so every other thing copied from mark 16:12-20 are forgeries.

noblefada: 9. Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Forgeries of the church. And if you want to argue, prove to me mark 16:12-20 wasn't added by the church. And or apply the parable of lost sheep and good shepherd to balance it all. More so, the verse is not a statement from Jesus.

You answered man. Any refute?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
truthislight: ^^^

Guy, you funny die. grin
Keep on feeding whatever you are feeding men cool

Bitiich swallow my words, taste my thought and if it too nasty, split it back at me.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
@folykaze thanks for the attempt, but the bible is a whole book, you cannot pick the ones you like and call the rest forgery, nope the bible taking as a whole explains it self. As for the Greek issue you and I both know that when the NT was written the common language was Greek, it meant the rest of mankind but again at least it shows that salvation was not only to the Jews.
Which now brings to the most important of all the issue raised, Paul. Paul is still the most notable and quoted of all apostles because he followed and delivered the promise of Christ Jesus, those ur contradictions are just child's play and I might take it up to show ur ignorance of scriptures.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2013
noblefada: @folykaze thanks for the attempt, but the bible is a whole book, you cannot pick the ones you like and call the rest forgery, nope the bible taking as a whole explains it self. As for the Greek issue you and I both know that when the NT was written the common language was Greek, it meant the rest of mankind but again at least it shows that salvation was not only to the Jews.
Which now brings to the most important of all the issue raised, Paul. Paul is still the most notable and quoted of all apostles because he followed and delivered the promise of Christ Jesus, those ur contradictions are just child's play and I might take it up to show ur ignorance of scriptures.

Hmmmm. Let me take it slow with ya.

The bible you are defending is a volume of books and not just a single book. Now ask yourself, since we have different version of bible.... 66 books protestant bible, 78 books catholic bible, the ethiopian orthodox bible or the coptic bible.....with many additional books or removing of others, which of the bible is really inspired? What should come to your mind is that there are massive manipulations among others. Also going by the different versions and translations, is it the kjv with additional verses or the Rsv with missing verses you going to take as inspired? 1john5:8 is completely different between kjv and rsv. Many verses were lost in gospel of mark but were found in the kjv....where did they get it from?

The bible as it is now is complete false and forgery work. Jeremiah 8:8 says it all.

Greek was the common language during the days of Jesus but there is no trace that the language was spoken through out the whole planet. There is no trace that far in the uncivilized societies in Africa speak greece. Nowhere.

Well base on salvation of a thing, I have argued my points before you and there was no single refute. It is up to you to read the bible again with open mind. The jew salvation is on the messiah. They dont even believe Jesus is the prophecised messiah. You know there were many self-acclaimed messiah apart from jesus in Jew? From the bible, the expected messiah should be military leader and jesus wasn't a military man. But from every words of Jesus, he didn't mention dying or saving except the jew.

Because paul quote Jesus or preached about him doesn't make paul a true teacher. Samething applies to Obj been the person that rule nigeria for the longest period do not mean he is the best president or achieve than late Yaradua. Paul contradicted Jesus teaching more than 50 places, he added doctrines which Jesus never preached about into his teaching and he corrupted many of Jesus teaching. Jesus was an Ebonite (doctrine for the poor, vegetarian, peaceful follower of judaism, preach kingdom on earth, jew salvation only, water baptism) but paul invented schism (meat eater, preaching heaven, eating food sacrificed to Idols, sexism, gentile salvation, didnt baptize and many others) while christianity was invented by the catholic (universal) church through the patching of Ebonism, schism and roman idolatory to juice it for Idolators.

If my whole points is from my ignorance, I take that as a compliment from you. Jesus charged his followers to be watchful and keep away from false teachers who will deceive people and even the elites with sign and wonders. Other the other hand, paul convinced people through signs and wonders.

Jesus also warned about the wolf in the sheep clothing.
- Paul was the person that fight and cause disagreement among the disciple base on preaching the gospel to the jew.
- Paul instructed his followers to eat meat sacrificed to Idols.
- Paul was the person that brought sexism in addition into his doctrines.

If by this you still follow paul teaching, it should be better you convert to paulianity instead of deceiving yourself as a christian.

Moreso, I have not forcing you to accept any of my words. Truth is all I told you and it evident in the bible you holding as sacred. Go on with your studying.....you will get there soon.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
^^^ I give up, and to imagine that we xtians are called delusional. Tell me how u can seem explain the bible so well and still say some are false and choose to believe what you want. I just give up.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
noblefada: ^^^ I give up, and to imagine that we xtians are delusional. Tell me how u can seem explain the bible so well and still say some are false and choose to believe what you want. I just give up.

I dont believe in the bible, I have knowledge about what is in there. Lets assume you want to argue about drinking alcohol, writings of paul is what I like use most. Lol. So arguing that I choose here do not work cuz since Jesus is the messiah as agreed, we should hear from him directly and not paul who corrupt his words. Cheers man
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 11:20pm On Nov 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I dont believe in the bible, I have knowledge about what is in there. Lets assume you want to argue about drinking alcohol, writings of paul is what I like use most. Lol. So arguing that I choose here do not work cuz since Jesus is the messiah as agreed, we should hear from him directly and not paul who corrupt his words. Cheers man
That's where you're wrong, Christ actually pointed to Paul, actually to the apostles but they could not get over Judaism on time so Paul was chosen John 16:7-8 NKJV
Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. [8] And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Look I choose to let you live on what you because it can't change the truth.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
noblefada:
That's where you're wrong, Christ actually pointed to Paul, actually to the apostles but they could not get over Judaism on time so Paul was chosen John 16:7-8 NKJV
Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. [8] And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Look I choose to let you live on what you because it can't change the truth.

And they received him in the days of pentecostal. Is paul a holy spirit?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 11:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
Noble fada u are still a baby in religion and don't understand ur Bible.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 11:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
macof: Noble fada u are still a baby in religion and don't understand ur Bible.

very funny, but at least I know it more than any atheist can ever claim to know it. If not anything thing I've achieved from my discuss with atheists is that I now we are not the only ones that believe in fairy tales and live in denials as we are most often accused of.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 11:58pm On Nov 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

And they received him in the days of pentecostal. Is paul a holy spirit?
Again a result of ignorance of scriptures, were expecting people to go to classes or session taught by the Holy Ghost? ?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 12:01am On Nov 13, 2013
noblefada:
very funny, but at least I know it more than any atheist can ever claim to know it. If not anything thing I've achieved from my discuss with atheists is that I now know we are not the only ones that believe in fairy tales and live in denials as we are most often accused of.

Good for u to claim the bold. The Bible is a whole load of fairy tale

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman....happy Birthday!!! / Right Believing Produces Right Living - Joseph Prince / This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.