Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co (2517 Views)

Vincent Enyeama, Wife & Kids Take An After Match Photo / Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo / Enyeama Gives Blow-by-blow Account Of How Oliseh Unfairly Treated Him In Belgium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 04, 2013
Monaco were beaten for the first time since their return to Ligue 1 after going down 2-0 away to Lille at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy.

LOSC keeper Vincent Enyeama produced a sensational performance in goal for the hosts as he kept out Radamel Falcao and his team-mates time and again, with a double from Nolan Roux proving enough to secure the points for Rene Girard's men.

The result sees Rene Girard's men leapfrog their opponents in the table and sees them stake a claim as genuine contenders in the French title race.

Nolan Roux put the hosts in front midway through the first half when he kneed home from Marko Basa's knock down from after the central defender connected with Florent Belmont's corner.

Claudio Ranieri's side dominated for large chunks of proceedings but couldn't find a way past an inspired Enyeama in les Dogues' goal and Lille hit their opponents on the counter in the second period as Salomon Kalou and Rio Mavuba combined to set up Roux for his second to seal the victory.

The principality outfit continued to search for a way back into the game but an incredible late double-stop from Enyeama to deny Radamel Falcao and Emmanuel Riviere typified the visitors as they were condemned to their first league defeat of the season.

After the game, Riviere paid tribute to the Lille shot-stopper and admitted his side hadn't done enough to merit the points.

"It was a tough game and we had a bad first half," conceded the striker when he spoke to Canal+ after the full-time whistle.

"Respect to the goalkeeper who has made some fantastic saves in the second half. LOSC deserve their victory. We now need to keep our heads up and work harder."

http://m.goal.com/x/en/news/4381247

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by BabaAlabi: 1:43am On Nov 04, 2013
Wow...Enyeama stopped the great Falcao...Hope he carries this form to the world cup.

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 04, 2013
Enyeama is undoubtedly the best African goalie!

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by pendusky(m): 5:27am On Nov 04, 2013
ENYEAMA IS GOOD, I DONT KNW WHY HIS COACH SAID HE HAS NO REGRET WHEN HE BENCHED HIM FOR THEIR LAST MATCH WHERE THEY WERE BEATEN... NOW WENGER SHLD RESPECT HIM NOT TO BID 1M POUNDS ON HIS HEAD.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 04, 2013
Enyeama has been 1 of d most outstanding goalkeepers in the french ligue 1 dis season! Our captain too much jooor cool

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Theben(m): 10:44am On Nov 04, 2013
I believe he's a strong contender for the African Footballer of the year award. He might be the first Goal keeper to win the award.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2013
Theben: I believe he's a strong contender for the African Footballer of the year award. He might be the first Goal keeper to win the award.

A Moroccan goal keeper won the award in 1986.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by striker9(m): 11:40am On Nov 04, 2013
Theben: I believe he's a strong contender for the African Footballer of the year award. He might be the first Goal keeper to win the award.
I think Enyeama is a contender,he has been in a very good form so far this season.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Sagamite(m): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2013

Mugu, you didn't have the intelligence to check and realise at least 2 goalkeepers have won it before?
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Sagamite(m): 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
I watched the match and honestly he was the star of the game.

This is not confirmed only by the performance but by the amount of different times the commentators were referring to him and the way the camera was always on him and his reaction, even when his team was attacking and the ball was nowhere near him. It was like the broadcasting company was focusing on Messi.

- After every goal or goal attempt, show the striker of the ball and then show how Enyeama reacted.
- Someone is injured on the pitch and is being attended to, show Enyeama on TV.
- Commentators are talking about Enyeama not conceding a goal in 9 games, show Enyeama saving a short from Monaco, then show his reaction to what is happening on the pitch now.

The whole focus of the match broadcast was on him.

3 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Theben(m): 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
Sagamite:

Mugu, you didn't have the intelligence to check and realise at least 2 goalkeepers have won it before?
The insult is uncalled for. I was having my doubt but felt too lazy to google it.

4 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by isalegan2: 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
Theben:
The insult is uncalled for. I was having my doubt but felt too lazy to google it.

shocked You don't know Omo Sagamu? The slayer of cretins and eff-tards? grin
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by nerodenero: 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
BabaAlabi: Wow...Enyeama stopped the great Falcao...Hope he carries this form to the world cup.
He stopped Messi at the last world-cup. The dude deserves some accolades.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by nerodenero: 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2013
striker9: I think Enyeama is a contender,he has been in a very good form so far this season.
I just hope his fine form is sustained and replicated in the next world-cup. I know for sure that Ethiopia will be badly beaten.
Sagamite: I watched the match and honestly he was the star of the game.

This is not confirmed only by the performance but by the amount of different times the commentators were referring to him and the way the camera was always on him and his reaction even when his team was attacking and the ball was nowhere near him. It was like the broadcasting company was focusing on Messi.

- After every goal or goal attempt, show the striker of the ball and then show how Enyeama reacted.
- Someone is injured on the pitch and is being attended to, show Enyeama on TV.
- Commentators are talking about Enyeama not conceding a goal in 9 games, show Enyeama saving a short from Monaco, then show his reaction to what is happening on the pitch now.

The whole focus of the match broadcast was on him.
Enyeama turn celebrity be that ooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Sagamite(m): 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
The before status:

Vincent Enyeama has confessed that he was frustrated with his lack of first team action at Lille. At his previous clubs, he was always guaranteed game time.

''The weather was terrible, minus 12 or minus 15 degrees and you're sitting on the bench and freezing. It's definitely very frustrating, but that's life and that is the reality I wrestled. I lost my joy And it was very bad.

''How can I be happy when I'm not playing? I'll give you an example, we had meetings with fans during the week. Sometimes it hurts so much to hear a fan ask me: 'Excuse me, what's your name, Who are you? Are you a new player here ? '.

''It was embarrassing, no one knew me because they did not see me on the field, kind of humiliating'' he said.

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=9210
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Eifeh(m): 8:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
Rio Mavuba: 'I am not sure
where we got Enyeama
from but why wasn't he
playing for us for the last 2
years?' #LOSC
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Eifeh(m): 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
@GFN_France 11h
Rio Mavuba on Enyeama:
'It is like having Jesus in
goal.' #LOSC
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Sagamite(m): 8:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
Eifeh:
@GFN_France 11h
Rio Mavuba on Enyeama:
goal.'
#LOSC

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Eifeh(m): 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
@GFN_France 22h
Vincent Enyeama playing
like a man possessed.
Brilliant goalkeeping
display. Lille set to beat
Monaco 2-0 here. Back to
back defeats. #LOSC

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Theben(m): 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
Eifeh:
@GFN_France 11h
Rio Mavuba on Enyeama:
goal.' #LOSC
Now this is funny grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
Eifeh:
@GFN_France 11h
Rio Mavuba on Enyeama:
goal.'
#LOSC

shockedshockedgrin
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2013
Eifeh:
@GFN_France 11h
Rio Mavuba on Enyeama:
goal.' #LOSC

Lwkmd, another Evans Bibi grin
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Simonet: 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
Enyeama I think has just about surpassed Dodo Mayana (Peter Rufai) to become Nigeria's most accomplished Goalie Ever.

He has won the CAF Champions League and the Nation's Cup, aside being voted best Player in Israeli League in 2009.

Ref: https://www.nairaland.com/275368/enyeama-wins-israeli-player-year
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Simonet: 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
Funny enough, I don't recall Enyeama ever shining at Under 17 Level! Yet look at him now!
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Sagamite(m): 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
wise_many2k:

Lwkmd, another Evans Bibi grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Simonet: Enyeama I think has just about surpassed Dodo Mayana (Peter Rufai) to become Nigeria's most accomplished Goalie Ever.

He has won the CAF Champions League and the Nation's Cup, aside being voted best Player in Israeli League in 2009.

Ref: https://www.nairaland.com/275368/enyeama-wins-israeli-player-year

No doubt he has surpassed him and is our best keeper ever.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
Simonet: Funny enough, I don't recall Enyeama ever shining at Under 17 Level! Yet look at him now!
I think he was on the bench of the U-20 world cup in 1999.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Theben(m): 11:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
CFCfan:
I think he was on the bench of the U-20 world cup in 1999.
Nah, the two goal keepers Nigeria took to the tournament are Sam Okoye and Dominic Oruma.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
Theben:
Nah, the two goal keepers Nigeria took to the tournament are Sam Okoye and Dominic Oruma.
Okay. I heard somewhere that he was close to that team, maybe he was dropped.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Sagamite(m): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2013
And the top performance continues.

- 10 straight league games without conceding a goal, that is 900 minutes without conceding a goal.
- He has only conceded in 2 games.
- Only conceded 4 goals in 15 games.
- 13 clean sheets overall.

Next week, he keeps a clean sheet and he is a French League joint record holder.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by striker9(m): 9:46am On Dec 01, 2013
Sagamite: And the top performance continues.

- 10 straight league games without conceding a goal, that is 900 minutes without conceding a goal.
- He has only conceded in 2 games.
- Only conceded 4 goals in 15 games.
- 13 clean sheets overall.

Next week, he keeps a clean sheet and he is a French League joint record holder.
945mins without conceding and he needs 3more mins to become joint record holder.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Theben(m): 10:23am On Dec 01, 2013
striker9: 945mins without conceding and he needs 3more mins to become joint record holder.
He would have to put on ballon d'or worthy performance for him not to conceed a single goal in the next three games. Marseille and PSG are no small teams.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co by Sagamite(m): 10:34am On Dec 01, 2013
Theben:
He would have to put on ballon d'or worthy performance for him not to conceed a single goal in the next three games. Marseille and PSG are no small teams.

He needs 3 minutes, not 3 games, to break the record.

So just next game is enough.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Fixed Match For Trust / VIDEO: PSG Vs Man Utd Highlights (1 – 3) UCL Round 16 2nd Leg / Get To Know: Nicky Ajose Play For Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.