Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Get To Know: Nicky Ajose Play For Manchester United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Get To Know: Nicky Ajose Play For Manchester United (2512 Views)

Paul Arkwright Meets With Ajose-Olusegun & Ekundayo In Lagos (Photos) / Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get To Know: Nicky Ajose Play For Manchester United by OneNaija(m): 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2009
Name: Nicky Ajose
Born: Bury
Position: Forward/winger
Strengths: I’m an attacking player and I like to go forward and try to create goals or score goals. I’m quick and I’d like to think I’m quite skilful with good technique.

Ways I can improve: I could be better in the air and defensively. I’ve been working with Paul McGuinness (U18s coach) on heading from crosses, just trying to get the right technique. Improving defensively is about positioning when we haven’t got the ball.

A player at United I admire: Probably Carlos Tevez for his work-rate, which is unbelievable, and Cristiano Ronaldo for his goals from out wide. If we finish training early we go over and watch them train, which is good to learn from them. Paul Scholes is probably the best trainer.

I first got spotted: I got scouted playing for my local team when I was seven, so I’ve been at United for about ten years now.

Life at United: It’s great, it’s like a dream. Going in to play football every day in training is what any football fan would love to do. I’ve come through the age-groups and I just wanting to keep pushing on and see how far I get.

In five years time I’ll be: I’ll be 21 then, and I’d love to be breaking into the United first-team. Ultimately that’s my aim, as well as playing for England or Nigeria. There’s a lot of hard work to be done before I can get that far, so I have to train hard every day and listen to everything the coaches tell me.

Best moment in football so far: Playing for England Schoolboys at Wembley. It was a great experience. I started and there were 28,000 people there. It was only the second game at Wembley. I could have scored, but looking back now I thought I did well. When you get an experience of something like that you want it again.

Worst/most embarrassing moment: I can’t think of anything that’s happened in a game, but I get a lot of grief about my shoes from the lads. They also say I wear a woman’s jumper – but it’s a good jumper, I’m telling you. You can quote me on that.

Favourite other sports: Table tennis. In the youth team, I’m definitely among the top three. Matty James has beaten me a few times, but it’s been close. Scott Wootton is also good [Scott Wootton interjects: You’ll never beat Scott Wootton]. Gary Woods is all right as well. I used to play cricket and athletics. I represented my county. I was something like ninth in the country at one point in the 100m and 200m. But football is the sport I’ve always wanted to play.

Music: I like Arctic Monkeys, Kooks, Indie music. But I like a bit of Bassline. I don’t like rap or anything like that.

Food: Pasta and beans, or egg fried rice and beans. I eat that in my digs almost every night. I like plain foods, I’m not that adventurous so I stick to what I know!

Best trainer: Can I say myself? I’m definitely up there. Matty James’ teams tend to win in training. He needs to win. Davide Petrucci is good as well, but I’m definitely up there.

Worst: Conor Devlin is shocking! Reece Brown is very good in matches, but he is so stiff in training. A bad trainer. He’s a stiff guy

Best mate: Reece. I’ve not him since I was seven. We used to play up front together when we were kids. He’s better now he’s at the back.

Best dressed: Cameron [Stewart] is a good dresser, and Reece has got some good gear. I think I’ve got some good shoes.

Worst: Scott Wootton has got some bad gear. I’m not going to say too much, but he’s got a terrible hoodie that he wore to a game once… in fact, him and Conor Devlin live in digs together, so I took a look in the wardrobe and there weren’t too many nice clothes in there, I’m telling you! Bad gear, that’s all you need to know.

Favourite thing about Manchester: Good shops, and the girls are top dollar. I’m from Bury, which is a top place. Nice and snug!

Re: Get To Know: Nicky Ajose Play For Manchester United by SeXyBoNE: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2009
ok
Re: Get To Know: Nicky Ajose Play For Manchester United by dipo2much(m): 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2009
He will only play for nigeria if england dont want him

(1) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama Gives Performance Of The Season To Stop Falcao & Co / Pic: 10 Of The Best Jerseys In The Nigerian Professional Football League / Funny Nigerian Football Cartoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.