Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,015 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award (4552 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Wins Ligue 1 Team Of The Year Award For Best Goalkeeper / Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Enyeama Wins Ligue 1 Player Of The Month Award For The 2nd Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by AloyEmeka9: 7:22pm On May 22, 2009
Enyeama wins Player of the Year award

Friday, May 22, 2009
HAPOEL Tel Aviv goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama was on Wednesday, voted the Israeli League Player of the Year.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/may/22/601.html

Enyeama becomes only third foreign player, and only the fifth goalkeeper to win the prestigious annual award, organised since 1965 by Israeli newspaper Maariv.

The award is voted for by all the players in the league and the Nigerian received an overwhelming 87 out of 232 votes, beating former West Ham forward, Yaniv Katan of champions-in-waiting Maccabi Haifa to a distant second place with 35 votes and Bnei Yehuda's Eliran Atar to third on 32 votes.

Enyeama told Kick Off Nigeria.com that he was honoured to have won the award.

"It’s a great feeling for me to win this. It's very important for my career and I would like to thank my team mates because I couldn’t have got this without them.

"I would also like to thank everyone who voted for me. It is never easy to do well in a different league and a different country and the League here is very difficult."

Since the inception of the award, only two other foreign players had won it; Forwards Dovani Roso of Croatia and Brazilian Gustavo Boccoli.

Enyeama has been a huge part of Hapoel's title challenge this season, scoring three goals in addition to a long and consistent string of top drawer monster saves game, after game to keep the Tel Aviv club's challenge against giants, Maccabi Haifa.

The former Enyimba goalkeeper is no stranger to awards. In his first season in Israel, he was voted the best goalkeeper. The following season, he placed second in and only missed out last season.
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by allboyz(m): 9:59pm On May 22, 2009
Heard the Goal stopper is moving to Espanyol na true?

congrats . . he's the best we have anyways wink tongue
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by MrCrackles(m): 10:00pm On May 22, 2009
He seems humble and hardworking!

Deserved cheesy
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by DrKitaun(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2009
Enyeama is supposed to be one of the best in the world . . .

dude seems contented with acting local champion all over the place . . .

time is running out fast

HE NEEDS A BETTER CLUB !
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by tamme: 4:45pm On May 25, 2009
the Jews
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by kshow1(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2009
i believe with these award and recognition he should get a better club where we will get to see him more . i.e premier league, serie A , la liga, french league etc.
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by ogazi007(m): 5:15pm On May 25, 2009
im happy for him.
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by Builder: 5:17pm On May 25, 2009
Isreali get football league? i think say all of them don join army finish, palestinanin boyz don blow all of dem finish
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by keba(m): 5:36pm On May 25, 2009
Thumbs up Enyeama, more grease to your elbow and i hope
he gets a better club soon.
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by equlibrium(m): 5:46pm On May 25, 2009
Builder:

Isreali get football league? i think say all of them don join army finish, palestinanin boyz don blow all of dem finish
lol. . . .
grin grin grin

ode
angry
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by FBS: 5:48pm On May 25, 2009
This is good news. Happy for the lad.
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by sparkle3: 5:54pm On May 25, 2009
Builder:

LOOOLLL!!!! This guy, ur wisdom surpasses human understandin. What a statement!!

equlibrium:

lol. . . .
grin grin grin

ode
angry

LOOOLLL!!!
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by Nezan(m): 5:59pm On May 25, 2009
Good, but shouldn't he be playing in a stronger league?
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by skfa1: 6:34pm On May 25, 2009
Nezan:

Good, but shouldn't he be playing in a stronger league?

Where u dey play?

Ajegunle football club, grin grin grin
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by Builder: 7:07pm On May 25, 2009
Equilibrum, na me you dey call ode. Useless goat
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by adybabs: 8:01pm On May 25, 2009
in rating, football in isreal is nothing. we can only know his true fitness when he comes to the major leagues: there, he will be tested with people like ronaldo,messi and the rest.
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by emmydee(m): 8:15pm On May 25, 2009
good news.
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by bigrovar(m): 8:31pm On May 25, 2009
adybabs:

in rating, football in isreal is nothing. we can only know his true fitness when he comes to the major leagues: there, he will be tested with people like ronaldo,messi and the rest.
A player can only be as good as the challenge presented before him, and in the light Enyeama as done very well. Its never easy getting contracts with clubs from big leagues especially when u are a keeper from Africa. you have to start from somewhere and then proof that you are up to the task.

Well done Enyeama
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by AloyEmeka9: 8:35pm On May 25, 2009

Enyeama is supposed to be one of the best in the world . . .

dude seems contented with acting local champion all over the place . . .

time is running out fast

HE NEEDS A BETTER CLUB !
Age age age. Age is no more on his side and that may make him the 2nd choice goal keeper in South Africa 2010.
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by trisurface: 10:24pm On May 25, 2009
does anybody remember the shot he stopped in the Nigeria/ England match in the last world cup we went for?
last quarter of the game,Beckham or Scholes shot from 25-30yds, swerving at the last minute!
i've spent time in post before. the best keepers in the world are the ones who decide the trajectory of the ball correctly. Enyeama has that for frontal shots. less so for crosses.
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by vikiviko(m): 10:29pm On May 25, 2009
good news , i am happy for you enyeama.
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by honeric01(m): 10:46pm On May 25, 2009
Good for him, good for Naija, better than ejide
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by luckiest: 11:28pm On May 25, 2009
isreali plays in the champions league o, so make una know wetin una dey talk, Yakubu club played against ManU and Yakubu scored 3 times, abi una don forget, clubs in Isreali are also strong like some clubs in England, but cannot be compared to ManU, Chelsea or Arsenal but they are trying far far better than Africa, am sure he will get there Pete Cech was a nobody before he came to Chelsea, slow and steady wins the race, I can name one or two in England that can manage to do better than him; I can't forget about his fit in Egypt in the nations cup where he stopped 4 penalty in one match; it can never be better
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by philip0906(m): 11:55pm On May 25, 2009
grin grin
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by DisGuy: 12:22am On May 26, 2009
Kudos Kudos Kudos!!
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by finia(f): 12:45am On May 26, 2009
Great news for Nigeria. Kenya, Tunisia beware
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by oge4real(f): 1:47am On May 26, 2009
This is a very well deserved honour to our brother. grin grin grin
I still have the opinion that he deserves a better deal than what he is getting.
Congratulations Enyeama!
Congratulations Super Eagles!
Congratulations Nigeria!
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by kayc33(m): 7:17am On May 26, 2009
good for his cv cool
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by richjohn1(m): 7:28am On May 26, 2009
who says the isreali league isnt strong? they play in european competitions although most times UEFA cup, I think I remember a year between 2000 & 2002 where an isreali club upset chelsea at the bridge. if you dont know football keep quiet, I'm not an enyeama fan O , but give the guy kudos for winning the award
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by ThinkRait: 8:29am On May 26, 2009
Good for him. A boost for the Super Eagles.
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 8:54am On May 26, 2009
Congratulations Enyeama.
I pray you move to a better club.
Re: Enyeama Wins Israeli Player Of The Year Award by opuro(m): 10:01am On May 26, 2009
OKEYCHIVIV:

Congratulations Enyeama.
I pray you move to a better club.
like qatar united grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Super Eagles New Football Kit Design Idea For Russia 2018 / Golf In Nigeria / Lionel Messi Gets Terrible New Tattoo On The World's Most Expensive Left Leg.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.