Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC (12810 Views)

Fayose With APC Members At The Burial Of His Uncle (Photos) / Heavy Rain in TBS , Surulere Stadium that brooms cant sweep, God Angry With APC? / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Unblockable: 2:23am On Nov 04, 2013
By Henry Umoru & DAUD OLATUNJI

ABUJA— AMIDST series of ongoing meetings and moves for realignment of forces, the Abubakar Kawu Baraje-led splitter group of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, yesterday, said that it was more comfortable with the leadership and members of All Progressive Congress, APC.

The group, meanwhile, added that doors of reconciliation with the National Chairman of PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and the National Working Committee, NWC were still open.

On Atiku, G7 govs

In another development, the PDP has described the former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the seven rebel governors and other aggrieved members of the party as ingrates.

The party said that their action was synonymous to an act of biting the fingers that fed them, saying that the party was not bothered by the recent intensified efforts being made by APC to woo some of its governors.

6,000 decampees

PDP National Secretary, Professor Wale Oladipo, weekend, shortly after he received about 6,000 members of the ruling APC and the Labour Party, who defected to the party at the reunion rally for its members in Ogun West Senatorial District, in Idiroko, Ipokia Local Government Area, Ogun State, said that it took Atiku and his allies only four months to hatch the plot that resulted in the current crisis in PDP.

*nPDP Govs

Oladipo argued that the former vice president had bitten the finger that fed him, saying that it was unthinkable that Abubakar and his allies, who had benefitted so much from their membership of the ruling party would not only turn their back on their benefactor but also plot its downfall.

PDP and S-West

“As far as the South West is concerned, you can see that PDP is waxing stronger by the day, particularly since the last mini-convention of the South West that we had in Ibadan. I don’t want to over-dramatize the situation.

“The PDP has not fallen and will not fall, but as for Abubakar, I will still love to believe that he was misquoted. In case he was not misquoted and if we believe what the media reported that the plot to split the PDP was hatched actually four months before our last mini-convention, that will be most unfortunate for someone of his status within the party.”

nPDP’s statement

However, nPDP in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Chukwuemeka Eze, said: “Even though we remain hopeful that wise counsel would prevail and our demands would be granted by the PDP, we, at the same time, feel comfortable in the company of APC, since we share the same goal of rescuing our dear country, Nigeria, from the edge of the precipice and putting her firmly on the path of sustainable development.

Sokoto Varsity inauguration

“The presence of APC and PDP leaders in large numbers at the Sokoto State University inauguration is a positive development, which raises hope for our fledging democracy. It is a good example of politics of tolerance and cooperation which we consider necessary if the country is to experience peace and tranquility, without which there could be no development.

APC, nPDP closeness

“The increasing closeness between leaders of nPDP and APC has raised questions in the minds of many Nigerians and fuelled speculations on the possible merger of the two parties. Speculations along this line have heightened since last Tuesday’s inauguration of the Sokoto State University, where both APC and nPDP put up a strong presence, with our National Chairman, Alhaji Baraje, leading a high-powered team that included former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Governors Murtala Nyako of Adamawa, Musa Kwankwaso of Kano, Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers and Sule Lamido of Jigawa; as well as our National Secretary, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, former Osun State governor, to the event.

Chemistry between Buhari, Tinubu

“The chemistry between the team and that of APC led by General Muhammadu Buhari and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was indeed unmistakable. The APC leaders have since then intensified the lobby for a marriage between both parties, even visiting some of our governors to directly invite them to join the party.

“All these visits on our state governors simply demonstrates our new status in the politics of Nigeria as the new bride of Nigerian politics and we hope to play the role as expected of us as we hold the key to Aso Rock come 2015.”

SOURCE: www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/comfortable-apc-g7-govs-npdp-2/
Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by texaco1: 5:15am On Nov 04, 2013
These g7 govs should just go and join APc and stop all the theatre acting. They are just a bunch of excess baggage to the PDP anyway. It will be good riddiance to bad rubbish

3 Likes

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Mynd44: 5:38am On Nov 04, 2013
texaco1: These g7 govs should just go and join APc and stop all the theatre acting. They are just a bunch of excess baggage to the PDP anyway. It will be good riddiance to bad rubbish
7 sitting governors who wild influence on their states and can deliver potential voters are excess baggage? I don't know why Nigerians keep forgetting that modern politics is a game of numbers.

12 Likes

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:15am On Nov 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
7 sitting governors who would influence on their states and can deliver potential voters are excess baggage? I don't know why Nigerians keep forgetting that modern politics is a game of numbers.
pls, don't insult Nigerians, okay?

Ther is a part of this country that doesn't reason. No logic whatsoever!

So, direct your affront to the appropriate office and it will be treated accordingly!

Understandably, that baboon u quoted is from the land where reason is dead!!!

i didn't say 'eastern part', but God knws my mind sha... grin grin

18 Likes

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by omenka(m): 6:58am On Nov 04, 2013
"The party said that their action was synonymous
to an act of biting the fingers that fed them,
saying that the party was not bothered by the
recent intensified efforts being made by APC to
woo some of its governors."

They are not bothered, yet they tell the APC to "leave our governors alone". Hehehe. Yeye dey smell. wink"
Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by collynzo2(m): 7:03am On Nov 04, 2013
The fools are trying hard to make it look like they are doing this because of the love they have for Nigeria, rather than their selfish interests. If you are foolish enough to believe them, please kill yourself.

3 Likes

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by texaco1: 8:14am On Nov 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
7 sitting governors who wild influence on their states and can deliver potential voters are excess baggage? I don't know why Nigerians keep forgetting that modern politics is a game of numbers.
bro,I know and understand ur point,but we have always said it if they want to go they should just go.nobody is begging them to stay in the PDP. All this story which they are giving is all bull shit. Believe it or not PDP will carry the day with or without these 7 govs .these govs are only playing with peoples intelligence . PDP is not afraid of these govs joining the APC why are they foot dragging to join APC. They should just leave if they think and believe that is the best for them

3 Likes

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Mynd44: 8:22am On Nov 04, 2013
texaco1: bro,I know and understand ur point,but we have always said it if they want to go they should just go.nobody is begging them to stay in the PDP. All this story which they are giving is all bull shit. Believe it or not PDP will carry the day with or without these 7 govs .these govs are only playing with peoples intelligence . PDP is not afraid of these govs joining the APC why are they foot dragging to join APC. They should just leave if they think and believe that is the best for them
That is the kind of talk that made the POP lose all the states in the southwest.

Arrogance will not get anyone anywhere in politics especially if they like the governor

6 Likes

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by PointB: 8:22am On Nov 04, 2013
By their posturing, looks to me like the G7 is up for grabs by the highest bidders. I hope they know that prior to the selling, their will be considerable assets stripping and cherry-picking?

2 Likes

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by texaco1: 8:41am On Nov 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
That is the kind of talk that made the POP lose all the states in the southwest.

Arrogance will not get anyone anywhere in politics especially if they like the governor
I won't like to go into too much details about what happened in 2011 elections .but let's just wait and see what happens .I think very soon nigerians will know who controls the game and who calls the shots. Just stay tuned and enjoy the game .

2 Likes

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Mynd44: 8:43am On Nov 04, 2013
texaco1: I won't like to go into too much details about what happened in 2011 elections .but let's just wait and see what happens .I think very soon nigerians will know who controls the game and who calls the shots. Just stay tuned and enjoy the game .
Yeah we are watching and watching the POP about to lose more states
Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Dpeacemaker101: 9:25am On Nov 04, 2013
collynzo2: The fools are trying hard to make it look like they are doing this because of the love they have for Nigeria, rather than their selfish interests. If you are foolish enough to believe them, please kill yourself.
Gbam, these are group of rogues trying to join another robbery gang(APC),only the foolish will not understand.

2 Likes

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by agabaI23(m): 9:36am On Nov 04, 2013
They should just leave already!
Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by ifebosco: 9:43am On Nov 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
your votes don´t count,our electoral system is elites come together and decide on who should be rigged in to office by vote or true the courts.until your votes count in nigeria there will be no change in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by phtemie(m): 9:44am On Nov 04, 2013
texaco1: I won't like to go into too much details about what happened in 2011 elections .but let's just wait and see what happens .I think very soon nigerians will know who controls the game and who calls the shots. Just stay tuned and enjoy the game .
If I may ask,what happened in the 2011 elections?
Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 04, 2013
Nigerians are still getting it wrong. It is not about the party; the candidate matters most.
Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by aventura: 9:47am On Nov 04, 2013
Most people on nairaland don't understand the game of politics outside the internet. It's like saying that Oshiomhole is the grand commander of Edo Politics because the grand commander (Anenih) is keeping quiet. There is more to it than the eye sees. Just as a poster above me said, just sit back and watch and see how 2015 will unfold right before your eyes. 2015 will not be different from 2011.

2 Likes

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by lawbabs: 9:49am On Nov 04, 2013
I am not a politician neither do I prefer APC over PDP. As far as I am concern, politics in Nigeria is a game for the pocket of the actors and all the political parties are only looking for greener pasture. But something strikes me and amazes me. Folks, does it not occur to you too that those who hated PDP prior to 2009 are now the same pple drumming up support for PDP just because the PDP president is from South South. The truth for me is, the President is not bigger than PDP and cannot make PDP good. A bad and sour soup is still a bad soup no matter how much you spend to make it tasty. So is PDP.

1 Like

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by ifebosco: 9:53am On Nov 04, 2013
Dpeacemaker101: Gbam, these are group of rogues trying to join another robbery gang(APC),only the foolish will not understand.
yes i agree apc is bad too,but how can we change from pdp??any idea,knowing how gullible we nigerians are.
Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 04, 2013
Will the APC chieftains be able to tolerate them? Old traditions they say die hard and their rebellious character will certainly raise its ugly head in APC.

1 Like

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Hemanwel(m): 9:54am On Nov 04, 2013
G7 Govs absorbed by APC...
Do they already share the same ideology or principles?
To me,PDP n APC have one thing in common: CORRUPTION

1 Like

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Gbawe: 9:56am On Nov 04, 2013
Mynd_44:

Do not mind them. Too many Nigerians running around who are sentiments and bias personified. No political sophistication whatsoever. If the APC gets it act of negotiation together, the Party could even take over the NASS before 2015. This would actually represent a bloodless coup and the establishment of an overnight majority which essentially introduces a paradigm shift in Nigerian politics that knocks out the PDP cold !!!

Overall, most contributions here on this forum just reiterate the fact that many Nigerians are 'one way traffic' thinkers lacking the sophistication to appreciate the processes that deliver political success which ultimately shape the future of Nations.

3 Likes

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by mcdokwe(m): 9:58am On Nov 04, 2013
then go to APc

1 Like

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by FlyboyZee: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2013
1. Atiku and his cohorts in the so-called G7 are spent forces. Ask yourself why is it that its only Governors whose second tenures are coming to an end that are in the G7? Simply because they have nothing to loose or so they think if the PDP crashes. So they want to muddle up the water after drinking such that no one can drink from the same source they got refreshed from. Isn't that wicked, heartless and selfish?

2. They (Atiku and co) know very well that any mistake they make would condemn them to political oblivion, which they are all scared of. And as such are only doing area boy (agbero) politics to see if they can still hold on to anything after 2015.

3. How can Atiku and his ilks insult our collective sensibilities that they are trying to rescue Nigeria by fighting the government of the day. In the first place, who spoilt Nigeria? Is there anyone among them (Atiku and co) that we do not know? These guys are after their pockets and don't care a farthing whose ox is gored.

It is only a shame and a pity that the kind of politics we play in Nigeria give the likes of Atiku et al the grand standing to come back and insult us to our face after rayping us blind the first time. If and only if posterity can come quick and do her job now...

4 Likes

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by AdekunleBalogun: 10:07am On Nov 04, 2013
After looting all the money, they are now comfortable with opposition. I thought APC is of different school of thought from the PDP, I thick the nPDP should go and form another party instead of joining up with APC. I need to reconsider my stance with dis APC before am taking for a ride..... nPDP & APC bad combination.
Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Gbawe: 10:11am On Nov 04, 2013
Mynd_44:

Again, well-said. It really is amazing how emotions ,pettiness and lack of pragmatism condemns some folks to be totally worthless political observers. How can PDP "carry the day" if it does not enjoy a numerical advantage anymore?

Will the PDP continue to dominate through abracadabra as some naively and clannishly continue to insist? Your SW analogy has already answered that rhetorical question which the biased and sentimental nature of many Nigerians will never let them appreciate let alone factor into their thinking.
Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Jeel: 10:19am On Nov 04, 2013
Them de wait for the highest bidder
Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by coninse: 10:24am On Nov 04, 2013
APC needs to be careful. All these drama might be a PDP plot to dismantle APC. I mean the whole SAGA. I just don't trust PDP.

1 Like

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Fitzy4real(m): 10:36am On Nov 04, 2013
First of all, I'm not a fan of the PDP, but I have an issue with APC. You claim that you are different from the PDP yet, you still absorb PDP members??

1 Like

Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by passionate88: 10:37am On Nov 04, 2013
Honestly I go happy make amaechi decamp to apc o. Atiku sef na political ashi
Re: G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC by Fitzy4real(m): 10:42am On Nov 04, 2013
Flyboy Zee: 1. Atiku and his cohorts in the so-called G7 are spent forces. Ask yourself why is it that its only Governors whose second tenures are coming to an end that are in the G7? Simply because they have nothing to loose or so they think if the PDP crashes. So they want to muddle up the water after drinking such that no one can drink from the same source they got refreshed from. Isn't that wicked, heartless and selfish?

2. They (Atiku and co) know very well that any mistake they make would condemn them to political oblivion, which they are all scared of. And as such are only doing area boy (agbero) politics to see if they can still hold on to anything after 2015.

3. How can Atiku and his ilks insult our collective sensibilities that they are trying to rescue Nigeria by fighting the government of the day. In the first place, who spoilt Nigeria? Is there anyone among them (Atiku and co) that we do not know? These guys are after their pockets and don't care a farthing whose ox is gored.

It is only a shame and a pity that the kind of politics we play in Nigeria give the likes of Atiku et al the grand standing to come back and insult us to our face after rayping us blind the first time. If and only if posterity can come quick and do her job now...

U just spoke my mind

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Launches The Boss Online Newspaper / A Disguised Attempt To Regulate Social Media - NBA Threatens Action Over Twitter / This Present Darkness: A History Of Nigerian Organised Crime. - The Economist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.