Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

I See Things Others Do Not See... - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I See Things Others Do Not See... (139879 Views)

I See Things Others Do Not See (2) / I See Things Others Do Not See / The Future I See For Myself...(a Shot Article) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
chrome008:

But sleeq no be only u sabi drink fanta naaa......u nor go remain small for me......I don dey wait for royver dey shout him name to update dis story until ma throat got dry
Oya come and take one teaspoon. No complain ooo.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 10:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Holy c***p!!! I'm on front page?!?!
*drops update and faints!*

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Mynd44: 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
Royver: shocked shocked shocked
I commit this one to Obatala. May he rise a man with more strength and wisdom grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by adegwurulez(m): 11:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
front page tinz.. well deserved
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by packagerz: 11:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
Obago
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 27, 2013

2 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 11:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
*stands up after hearing stands threatening voice, holds cheeks protectively*

Wow. Its such an honour...such a privilege...honestly don't know what to say. Thanks to all my followers fans and guests alike. This wouldn't have been possible without you guys. I am deeply touched.

Lemme call my parents and siblings! Am on front page!

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
Loading...100%. thanks for your patience smiley
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
Still reading, but my gosh! I'm stunned, amazed and 'wowed' all together. This is brilliant.... Still reading though. Thumbs up OP.

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Ishilove: 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
Royver: *stands up after hearing stands threatening voice, holds cheeks protectively*

Wow. Its such an honour...such a privilege...honestly don't know what to say. Thanks to all my followers fans and guests alike. This wouldn't have been possible without you guys. I am deeply touched.

Lemme call my parents and siblings! Am on front page!
Hold on while I arrange a press conference with NTA Ibadan

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
Gaddemit! I have to recognize and admit it, this is so so good. I hardly read stories, but the title hooked me in, a peep at the first page got me glued to my seat. The simplicity is amazing, the suspense is thrilling.
This is the second story on nl that keeps me following. I doff my hat bro.
#following.

2 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by vislabraye(m): 11:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nice write up !! Ur guardian's name is paccio, it must be an Italian angel.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
If TB joshua catch u

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 12:00am On Nov 28, 2013
It’s been a day since I was discharged from the psychiatrist hospital at Yaba. And Nina has not called. My parents were ecstatic when I came out of the doctor’s office and told them that I had been discharged. They wasted no time in clearing whatever outstanding bills were left, thanked the doctor profusely and bundled me home like a long lost child. I didn’t blame them though. I hadn’t seen them in a year and the next thing they were hearing is I was crazy. And having the kind of gift that I do, I can imagine they were terribly worried. My mum keeps on hugging me from time to time, getting quite irritating. My dad is faring much better. I can tell he is happy by the way he nods at any suggestion my mum makes. Apart from that his expression has remained the same. He is more observant and has noticed that I am anxious about something and soon he figures out what it is.

I’m lying down in my room trying to read a novel, ‘A mile in my shoes’. My mum is in the kitchen, having gone to the market previously. From the deliciously titillating aroma that emanates from there, I deduce she is making Egusi soup. I can hear her humming happily to herself and I sigh quietly. I can’t wait for them to leave. I have to find out about Nina. I have to know why she didn’t call, why she didn’t visit, if she is alright. I have thought of calling her many times but I don’t know what situation she is in and I don’t want to alert Mr A**** to the fact that I am back and very sane. Not yet. What if I call and he is with her at the time? Would he feel threatened and harm her in some way? What if that fiancée of hers has convinced her to take the pact? What if she has simply forgotten about me and decided I wasn’t worth being around anymore? Maybe she believed it that I was a hemp smoker, that everything I had said I was capable of was just because of the effects of the weed I was purported to have been smoking? My head was a spaghetti plate of confused thoughts and it was giving me a headache. I planned on secretly going to visit her yesterday, as soon as I was discharged but my mother wouldn’t hear of it. She didn’t care where I was going, she said. I needed rest, she said. My house was devoid of soup and stew, how had I been feeding, etcetera, etcetera. And my dad had nodded in agreement, not saying a word in my defense. Parents!

The night before had been difficult, I kept tossing and turning, and when I finally went to sleep I was accosted by Chukwudi the stronger who wanted to know why I was so restless. It seemed like a dream but somehow I knew it wasn’t. I found myself explaining about Nina and my feelings for her. He laughed, or rather, giggled and asked if we had kissed yet. I told him yes and he said I should make sure to kiss her again now that he was awake to experience it. Pervert. Wait, he’s me, so…

Anyway here I am this afternoon, the morning having been one long boring lecture by my mother on how to keep my immaculately clean house cleaner, how my fridge is devoid of soup, how to keep my wardrobe neat else I wouldn’t attract the right kind of girl, (a statement that had so many things wrong with it but I didn’t want to argue with her) and so on. I kept quiet and endured until she finally went off to the market. My father had stayed in the parlour all through, reading the newspaper when there was no light, watching CNN when there was, and didn’t say anything at all to me which left me to my tormenting thoughts until I decided to come to the room and have a quiet read.

I heard a quiet knock on the door and I looked up from my novel. My dad was at the door, still holding his newspaper.

“Can I come in? He asked, and then came in regardless. I shifted over to one edge of the bed while he sat down at the other end. We sat still in awkward silence for a few minutes and then:

“Does she mean that much to you?”

“Yes,” I said, “Yes she does.”

He sighed. “We are not leaving until we are sure you are alright.”

“I’m an adult. I can take care of myself” I replied a little rudely.

“Sure you can,” countered my dad, “That’s why they called us to come and visit you in the psychiatric hospital.”

I opened my mouth, and then shut it again. Some more minutes of silence.

“You said the man was responsible for this? And you want to confront him again?”

“Yes sir.”I replied.

“What about the police?” he asked.

“What about them? I said. “Do you want me to go to the station and tell them, ‘Come and arrest this man, he made me mad, he has evil spiritual guardians and wants to steal his only son’s wife destiny after paralyzing him in an accident’? No way sir.”

“Don’t call me sir!” my dad said getting angry. “Are you crazy? Or you enjoyed the madness he dashed you so much that you want to experience
it again?! And over a girl you have barely known for a year?

“He insulted me, dad…” I said, getting angry myself.

“That’s not you talking. That’s Chuks the stronger…”

“I am Chuks the stronger!” I said, raising my voice.

“You men should shout very loud o, let all the neighbors know our secret o!” came my mother’s voice from the kitchen.

We kept quiet for a while. I lay back on the bed and closed my eyes. My dad sat still, looking at nothing in particular.

“I forbid you to go.” My dad said.

“Oh no you can’t sir!” I shouted getting up from the bed at once. My father looked up at me in surprise. I heard my mother sigh in exasperation and come out of the kitchen. A while later my sound speaker was on and blaring Anna Nalick’s “Breathe”, and then she was back into the kitchen. I tried to speak calmly.

“Look dad, you don’t understand, I think maybe the reason I have this gift, this sight is because I’m supposed to help people, right? Well what if it’s because of her? What if the reason I have the sight is so I could meet this girl in this world and help her out? I don’t know why I feel so strongly but I really need to see her again. I need to know she is alright, that I didn’t let her down somehow. You should have seen her the day I told her I could see things! She believed me outright! The first person I have told outside of my family and she didn’t look at me like I was some sort of loon! She trusted e to come to her place and check out her fiancée and now that I know they have something sinister planned out for her you want me to just abandon her at her point of need? That’s not the son you raised. My conscience wouldn’t let me! She’s in trouble and even if I don’t get anything out of it, even if she doesn’t love me, I need to know I did everything in my power to help her!”

“Chuks,” my father said

“No wait! And as for that Mr A****, I honestly feel I can do better this time. Chuks the stronger taught me some things when we met. I feel he unleashed a lot of hidden potential in me. And I can feel his anger, his annoyance at being treated so lightly. I feel it myself. Nobody makes a fool out of chuks. Nobody makes an idiot out of me! If it takes me using my bare hands I will make sure I strip him of whatever powers he posseses!

“Chuks!” my father said standing

“You can’t forbid me from doing anything for goodness sake! I am full grown adult-“

Your book is on fire!” he shouted pointing.

I looked down at my hand. It was true; the novel I had been reading was smoking and smoldering. I gasped and dropped it and we both stamped on it until the flames died out. I looked at my hands. It was not burned. My father looked at my hands as well and then met my bewildered eyes.

“Not a word to your mother. Not yet.”

I nodded in agreement.

“You really feel so strongly about this girl?” he asked.

“Yes Dad, yes I do” I replied emphatically.

My father shook his head sadly. “ I knew times like these would come. That’s why I tried to send you to a monastery when you were small, so you won’t have opportunity for such things eh?”

I raised my eyebrows but said nothing.

“Well, we can’t stay here to monitor you forever. If you are going to do anything it should be when we are around so we can get you out of trouble if necessary. Please don’t confront the man alone, go tomorrow in broad daylight and be back before sundown. If there is any problem call me or send me text or something, I’ll find a reason to come with the police. But if they are no longer around you’ll leave the matter to die naturally. You are not here to save the world.”

“What about mum?” I asked

“I’ll find something to tell her. That woman does like she doesn’t know what is going on but I tell you, nothing escapes her! My battle with her tomorrow is going to be as tough as yours so please save my life as well as your own and come back before sundown tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay dad,” I said and suddenly hugged him. It was a bit awkward because we didn’t do that sort of thing. He grunted and backed out after a few seconds. It would have been more awkward if my mum hadn’t come in at that precise moment.

“Akpu and Egusi with goat meat for lunch. Are you interested?”

“Yes,” I said, quickly kicking the partially burnt novel under the bed. “Yes I am.”

14 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Daxbiz(m): 12:30am On Nov 28, 2013
Captivating Story, well arranged.

For once, I don't have to wade through a host of grammatical blunders.

Keep 'em coming Bro.

Well done!

em, ehm, first to comment on this update....

2 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by cityhunter1(m): 12:52am On Nov 28, 2013
Hmmmmm I'm seeing things **wizkid voice**
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by St8updiva(f): 1:08am On Nov 28, 2013
Observin
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Gracyel(f): 1:08am On Nov 28, 2013
Mighty Fortress: This story touches me.. Though its fiction, but moves me!
Cant seem to express myself....All I can say is dat I am challenged! Like criosly; story line is....
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by beau49: 1:15am On Nov 28, 2013
Wow!

Beautiful!!

Fascinating!!!

I lyk d supernatural twist of ur story....may I ask 'where do u worship?'(Dnt ansa if u tink m 2 4ward,I av my reasons 4 asking)....Btw keep it up n more grease 2 ur elbow.

2 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by felipemadero(m): 1:17am On Nov 28, 2013
In baba iyabo's voice ***i don taya***
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by rofemiguwa(f): 1:43am On Nov 28, 2013
U kept me awake all dis night making sure I get to the end of this.u are such a wonderful writer but please I beg u one thing don't toll the path of those with abandoned stories or those that take two years to finish their stories that by the time u get to the end finally u had forgotten what the story was suppose to be about.u have started very well.though I knw its difficult to keep up with ur real life activities and having time for ur story please kip ur fan base and don't desert us mid air .thank u kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Buddydogg(m): 1:43am On Nov 28, 2013
at last i came here, doinq what? Readinq fantas story written by Roy.

Mehn bro i they feel you like caro, even i they in love with you, i fit even die ontop ya matter :-) bro just kept it up bro. Nice one and God blesr
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Buddydogg(m): 1:46am On Nov 28, 2013
Roy... I see yo

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by visita: 2:01am On Nov 28, 2013
great work royver

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by oc2fish: 2:12am On Nov 28, 2013
Great work from good mind
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by poshpimkiey(f): 2:13am On Nov 28, 2013
Roy nwa, e nwe weight.. sweet Jesus, and i thought poems were cool. You are good, great, talented, wonderful, supberb, unbelievable. I totally love you almost more than my sister, my best friend and my beau put together. I finally found something worth more than precious stones. God bless you sugar. Ishi...how far ur way na, no updates on soulspasms? You had me screaming "YESSISTAH" with "Killing Mosquitoes".
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by spicyuzo(m): 2:48am On Nov 28, 2013
ROY, u are a blessing to literature
This is a unique mix or thoughts and imagination.
I pray these few words of mine will go a long way in encouraging this wonderful talent of yours....I wish I could do more.....
Keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Gdjay(m): 3:02am On Nov 28, 2013
Oga Writer, you yourself see what others do not, your inner eye is wide open, and everybody can see. How do you hold on to your imagination,as far as it goes, how it twists and turns?
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Lala36: 3:08am On Nov 28, 2013

Hello Royver,

Thanks for this impressive and remarkable write up... I've been a ghost reader on nairaland for 5 years and never bothered registering a personal account... but I was forced to tonight because I wanted to tell you how much you impressed me with your story.. the theme, plot and everything else got me at the edge of my reading bed. Its 3a.m and its quite unusual for me to be up at this time. . I also admired that you listened to criticisms as the story went on and you let those make your story get better.. I was wondering if you would also like for your story to be shared on a blog ... www.36ng.com.ng Kindly leave me with a way to reach you ... and once again.. thank you for making me believe that there are still talented people out there as yourself... God Bless!

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by DjDrizz: 3:15am On Nov 28, 2013
Simply Awesome Brov! You have always had this eye for seeing the other dimensions like as Ιƒ the spirits come whispering their stories concerning the affairs of men. You should be honored! Michigo_san

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply)

In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe / Beneath My Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.