Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

I See Things Others Do Not See... - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I See Things Others Do Not See... (139880 Views)

I See Things Others Do Not See (2) / I See Things Others Do Not See / The Future I See For Myself...(a Shot Article) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by frechy(m): 3:50am On Nov 28, 2013
I guess am not the only one doing vigil on this story today. Am still on page 5 Sha reading with mobile phone opera mini. ...... just booking my space. GOOD WORK BIG MAN.....
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by MOBBDEEP: 3:51am On Nov 28, 2013
Hmmmm!!!!, I don't really know how to start this piece.
I hardly comment on NL despite having read great literary pieces on this forum.
Perhaps, hitting it off from your strong points will suffice.

Maaaaaaaan!, you've got an amazing spellbinding IMAGINATIVE mind & your creativity is astoundingly out-of-this-world. Believe me!
Writing Paranormals & Mystics is one of the most difficult in prose because it demands the most intricate, complex and top-notch imaginatively creative brain, which is quite rare to possess.
The substance and matrix of your piece are unique and of quality.
This genre has the least size of writers.
The only African writer I read who belongs to this class, albeit sad he wrote in Yoruba, was the Late Prof D.O Fagunwa of blessed memory.
I am not eulogizing you but you will quite agree with me that credit ought to be rendered when deservedly merited.
What more could I say to express your creativity!!!
You blended both Paranormal + Mystic into Romance and Thriller. Wonderful!!!, isn't it?
I can conveniently place you in the class of Lobsang Rampa & Stephen King without any felt restraint.

The only thing left for you to master is the refinement which to me is, though tedious, easily learnt and surmountable.
The most difficult qualities to possess as a writer are imagination, the matrix/substance and creativity. Others, as essential as they may be, ( e.g detailing, diction, syntax use etc ) are relatively easier to acquire.

Few mistakes I picked in this piece :
* Typos e.g seating ( sitting ), sitted ( seated ), intruiged ( intrigued ), dimention ( dimension ) etc
I do understand that typing with phone or phablet is not easy and with it, typos sure are unavoidable but we still have to mention.
* Tidying up the loose ends of your Settings/Plots which you actually tried to do well but there are still some few subtle errors of omission ( please pardon me that I used this word because I found the appropriate word elusive ). This was where Rene Raymond ( James Hadley Chase ) got my respect in that, despite not having visited US before, his Plots/Settings are excellently set in US with amazing precision that got the Americans shocked to their marrows. They simply found it utmost incredible that he had not been to US.
Examples of the mistakes here are :
#Dr Paul wearing a wardcoat.
Psychiatrists rarely wear such because it impairs the unique doctor-patient relationship needed in Psychiatry as against other medical specialties.
#I expected the parents to have discharged him against medical advice since most orthodox medical centers will not allow them engage in the mysterious exercise of contacting his alternate hidden personality ( Chuk the Strong ) right there on the ward.

But then, you still did a good job at it that you almost kept me wondering if you are a doctor.
Those diagnoses ( Drug-Induced Psychosis, Catatonic-State, Manic-presentation etc ),were whoa!, so on point.

My fear was deciphering if this one-piece epic artistry is a "fluke", and the predictability/assurance of maintaining consistence in excellent writing.
But that notion was dispelled when I saw the comment of Ishilove where she inferred you being a 1st Runner-up in a contest ( who the heck was the winner !!! ? I obviously need to find out! ) with your previous artistic piece of probable less-finesse.
I guess it's titled "The Haunted One"
I'm off to check it ASAP.

What even enthralled & endeared me to you most is your humility, unalloyed courtesy and meek-spirit!
Chai !!!, these sparked my brain!
Nothing gets me melting like an "unpuffed-up" spirit.
I know the type when I come across them.
Please, kindly do not mind this my next questions which you might find too personal & uncomfortable. If you are perturbed by it, you are free not to answer:
* Are from Ondo/Ekiti State ?
* Any past experience with white-garment churches/CAC or 7-Day Adventist ?
* Your core profession sir ?

In concluding, I don't need to tell you that you are going unbelievable places and win unimagined laurels if you care to nurture this crazy brain you have got.
Yours indeed is truly a beautiful brain.

***Phew!!!, this guy is so good that I had to type all these !!! ***

Lest I forget, did I read Ishilove say she's a trained Molecular Physicist!!! ?
Hmmm!!!, SMH seriously.
No wonderrrrrrr !!!
( Don't even try to ask me anything oooh!!! )

21 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by ijezie4: 4:40am On Nov 28, 2013
The Nakata Brophy Short Fiction and Poetry
Prize for Young Indigenous Writers

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by DEllaluv(f): 5:02am On Nov 28, 2013
Congrats Roy

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nogen: 5:07am On Nov 28, 2013
Wao! Breathtaking. Thanks for this captivating story. Keep us updated pls.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by MizKwin: 5:30am On Nov 28, 2013
9c story,followin it patiently ;
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 5:34am On Nov 28, 2013
Lala36:

Hello Royver,

Thanks for this impressive and remarkable write up... I've been a ghost reader on nairaland for 5 years and never bothered registering a personal account... but I was forced to tonight because I wanted to tell you how much you impressed me with your story.. the theme, plot and everything else got me at the edge of my reading bed. Its 3a.m and its quite unusual for me to be up at this time. . I also admired that you listened to criticisms as the story went on and you let those make your story get better.. I was wondering if you would also like for your story to be shared on a blog ... www.36ng.com.ng Kindly leave me with a way to reach you ... and once again.. thank you for making me believe that there are still talented people out there as yourself... God Bless!

Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed my piece. You can reachme on banderlog5@yahoo.com.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 5:47am On Nov 28, 2013
Thanks all for appreciating the story. You can reach me on banderlog5@yahoo.com.

Will do my best to continue to enthrall and mystify!
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 6:03am On Nov 28, 2013
I would also like to thank the mods for moving this piece to the front page. Dunno how d process goes but I think people nominate? Thanks all once again.

Ishilove! I see you...thanks for d criticisms ma'm.

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 6:04am On Nov 28, 2013
ijezie4: The Nakata Brophy Short Fiction and Poetry
Prize for Young Indigenous Writers
Nuff said! grin
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 6:05am On Nov 28, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Congrats Roy
Thanks smiley
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by pimplucious: 6:10am On Nov 28, 2013
Royver: Thanks all for appreciating the story. You can reach me on banderlog5@yahoo.com.

Will do my best to continue to enthrall and mystify!

Mobbdeep posted some questions, can u please answer? Btw, Uve got some rear talent I must say.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 6:31am On Nov 28, 2013
MOBBDEEP: Hmmmm!!!!, I don't really know how to start this piece.
I hardly comment on NL despite having read great literary pieces on this forum.
Perhaps, hitting it off from your strong points will suffice.

Maaaaaaaan!, you've got an amazing spellbinding IMAGINATIVE mind & your creativity is astoundingly out-of-this-world. Believe me!
Writing Paranormals & Mystics is one of the most difficult in prose because it demands the most intricate, complex and top-notch imaginatively creative brain, which is quite rare to possess.
The substance and matrix of your piece are unique and of quality.
This genre has the least size of writers.
The only African writer I read who belongs to this class, albeit sad he wrote in Yoruba, was the Late Prof D.O Fagunwa of blessed memory.
I am not eulogizing you but you will quite agree with me that credit ought to be rendered when deservedly merited.
What more could I say to express your creativity!!!
You blended both Paranormal + Mystic into Romance and Thriller. Wonderful!!!, isn't it?
I can conveniently place you in the class of Lobsang Rampa & Stephen King without any felt restraint.

The only thing left for you to master is the refinement which to me is, though tedious, easily learnt and surmountable.
The most difficult qualities to possess as a writer are imagination, the matrix/substance and creativity. Others, as essential as they may be, ( e.g detailing, diction, syntax use etc ) are relatively easier to acquire.

Few mistakes I picked in this piece :
* Typos e.g seating ( sitting ), sitted ( seated ), intruiged ( intrigued ), dimention ( dimension ) etc
I do understand that typing with phone or phablet is not easy and with it, typos sure are unavoidable but we still have to mention.
* Tidying up the loose ends of your Settings/Plots which you actually tried to do well but there are still some few subtle errors of omission ( please pardon me that I used this word because I found the appropriate word elusive ). This was where Rene Raymond ( James Hadley Chase ) got my respect in that, despite not having visited US before, his Plots/Settings are excellently set in US with amazing precision that got the Americans shocked to their marrows. They simply found it utmost incredible that he had not been to US.
Examples of the mistakes here are :
#Dr Paul wearing a wardcoat.
Psychiatrists rarely wear such because it impairs the unique doctor-patient relationship needed in Psychiatry as against other medical specialties.
#I expected the parents to have discharged him against medical advice since most orthodox medical centers will not allow them engage in the mysterious exercise of contacting his alternate hidden personality ( Chuk the Strong ) right there on the ward.

But then, you still did a good job at it that you almost kept me wondering if you are a doctor.
Those diagnoses ( Drug-Induced Psychosis, Catatonic-State, Manic-presentation etc ),were whoa!, so on point.

My fear was deciphering if this one-piece epic artistry is a "fluke", and the predictability/assurance of maintaining consistence in excellent writing.
But that notion was dispelled when I saw the comment of Ishilove where she inferred you being a 1st Runner-up in a contest ( who the heck was the winner !!! ? I obviously need to find out! ) with your previous artistic piece of probable less-finesse.
I guess it's titled "The Haunted One"
I'm off to check it ASAP.

What even enthralled & endeared me to you most is your humility, unalloyed courtesy and meek-spirit!
Chai !!!, these sparked my brain!
Nothing gets me melting like an "unpuffed-up" spirit.
I know the type when I come across them.
Please, kindly do not mind this my next questions which you might find too personal & uncomfortable. If you are perturbed by it, you are free not to answer:
* Are from Ondo/Ekiti State ?
* Any past experience with white-garment churches/CAC or 7-Day Adventist ?
* Your core profession sir ?

In concluding, I don't need to tell you that you are going unbelievable places and win unimagined laurels if you care to nurture this crazy brain you have got.
Yours indeed is truly a beautiful brain.

***Phew!!!, this guy is so good that I had to type all these !!! ***

( )
Oh boy, see write-up!
Thanks for your insightful comments man. I had to look up ur profile before answering. Your high intellect reflects in your posts.
About the psychiatrist, you are right, however I was trying to paint a picture to the layperson and so decided to go with the ward coat thing to complete the "doctor" look. Also chuks was in a private room which allowed his father to do what he did without interruption with his mum standing guard outside the door.

As for comparing my work with Late Prof Fagunwa, lobsang rampa, Steven king... I don't know much about the former but I intend to find out and he sounds like a great man. I dabbled with some lobsang rampa in my childhood and Steven king still remains the original king of horror in my books. Being compared with them...its a monumental honour(if this was american idol I'd be crying now, why do white people like to cry so much anyway?!). Seriously, thanks man. I intend to reach their level and even surpass it if possible.

I'm not from the west but I spent some time there, specifically Lagos and Kwara state(not sure if kwara qualifies as north or west). Offa still remains the calmest town for me. I'm more of a south-south, south eastern.

Would like to keep my profession private for now, too much wahala in that area.
I've never been to white garment or seven day adventist.

Thanks once again for your comment. You rock!

3 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 6:40am On Nov 28, 2013
cool
Buddy dogg: Roy... I see yo
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 6:43am On Nov 28, 2013
mbapelvis: What a great piece! I'm in my car following you!
Watch where u are driving oh! I no dey for kasala oh! shocked
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 6:46am On Nov 28, 2013
NnamdiN: Ok ma,I agree I am a silly dude, are you okay now?[b] I promise [/b]not to write anything on this thread anymore just so I wouldnt appear silly to you. take care

No you don't.
Don't let princessa get under ur skin bro. She's a naughty person. She told me herself. Pls come back.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 28, 2013
Royver Royver
Why are thou not updating to thy people!?
This is the last warning!!!!
Take your phone and start typing before your son resemble your landlord.
Thus says....lipsrsealed
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by henrimoto(m): 6:59am On Nov 28, 2013
oga royver, i greet o. weldone. o'boy, abeg protect this your script o. this one na beta nollywood /africa magic material be dis o. wetin remain na to find better director o. "director of life" . kai !! see raw gold ! i still dey read, a na ma bia.. lolzz
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 7:03am On Nov 28, 2013
Petitequeen: [color=#770077][/color]abeg guy update nau...*kneeling on d ground begging profusely*
Have updated dear. Sorry to keep u waiting.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 7:05am On Nov 28, 2013
Have been doing some catching up on d posts. Thanks again for following! Some of u guys are very funny sha! grin
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 7:17am On Nov 28, 2013
chris_villa: Royver Royver
Why are thou not updating to thy people!?
This is the last warning!!!!
Take your phone and start typing before your son resemble your landlord.
Thus says....lipsrsealed
Bros as u see me so I don late for work o! Will update as soon as I return, all things being equal.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 28, 2013
Look like a story from a Novel
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Caracta(f): 7:40am On Nov 28, 2013
Yeeeeeee! My kind of story! Dude, I'm following you....

I am glued to this story. Nice. Nice. Very nice!
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 28, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]i joined nairaland because of this story. i'm really impressed at the creativity you've goy royver
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by romzyxy(m): 8:34am On Nov 28, 2013
Gush dis book is fascinating.nice 1 dere.*fta †̥̥ ђ !ş ℓ swear i'm gonna write ma own.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by otagbuegede: 8:39am On Nov 28, 2013
Oh! i luv dat music breathe by anna nalick
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by loveslife(f): 9:05am On Nov 28, 2013
Royver: *stands up after hearing stands threatening voice, holds cheeks protectively*

Wow. Its such an honour...such a privilege...honestly don't know what to say. Thanks to all my followers fans and guests alike. This wouldn't have been possible without you guys. I am deeply touched.

Lemme call my parents and siblings! Am on front page!

a well deserved one indeed. pls carry on. u are encouraged.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by iheanyi4u(m): 9:14am On Nov 28, 2013
Ok stumbled on the thread this morning on the fp and oh my word what a piece. Dude I hail thee. You are obviously very talented. Sent a bc to my contacts to come check you out. Now biko chukwudi d great I beg u in the names of all you believe in come and complete this thread or na Mr A things

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Brite02(m): 9:17am On Nov 28, 2013
still following......captivating story
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Brite02(m): 9:20am On Nov 28, 2013
This is the kind of story i like......weird kinds, thank goodness i saw it via frontpage.........thumbs up Royver more ink for your pen cheesy
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Tonetonz(f): 9:24am On Nov 28, 2013
This is soo beautiful.great work mr royver

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (30) (Reply)

In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe / Beneath My Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.